Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 7th, 2024, 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 4:40 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Elenthari wrote:
^Oh,yes of course,Jack!:)
*editing*
Ready :)

Actually Thari, Jack should have PMed so that I can add him to the list in the first post. [I copied and pasted yours] But that's okay, I'll just add him now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 4:44 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^Hmm...I left with the impression that he was a member too :erm:
Sorry,Gwen! :blush:

Return of the Rings 2011- make it happen

sig.set:by me;
my unbiological sissy is Aerlinn

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 4:50 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Oh, I thought he was newly joining! I see what you're saying. No, no, don't be sorry. I interpreted it wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 4:58 pm 
Elf
Elf

so what do i do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 5:05 pm 

Well, this is the Welcoming Team. We welcome newbies to the forum and answer their questions, etc. If you'd like to join you can PM <a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=37"> Gwenneth</a> and she'll add you to the list. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 5:13 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Legolas15, I've already added you to the list since you PMed me. So all that's left for you to do is welcome away. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 10:07 am 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Sorry to double post, but I have an important announcement.

Buddies: It's time to update the list! Please check the current Buddies list, and make sure you PM me if it is out of date [which it should be since it's been so long]. PM me with confirmations that you are no longer buddying the current newbie[s] on the list, and with requests for new newbies.
Make sense? PM me with your questions.
Also, please let me know if any of you will be unable to buddy because of the starting school yearh.
Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 12:20 am 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

I apologize I haven't been here in a while...RL has been hectic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2007, 9:54 pm 

Dunno if anyone saw, but we now have our WotM's for July and August - Turwaithiel Swann and Elenthari! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 1:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Congrats to Tur and Elenthari for becoming WotM! :wave:

You two really deserved it! :)

<center>
~thanks to: Johnny's Fan (animated banner)~
~icons made by me~

My site: ~Evenstar Dreams~<center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 1:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

OMG!:swoon:
WotM!Thank you guys!:hug:

Return of the Rings 2011- make it happen

sig.set:by me;
my unbiological sissy is Aerlinn

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 9:20 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Attention all welcomers. I have one more important announcement to make. I've been giving this a lot of thought, and feel like it's the right decision, even though it makes me so sad.

I've decided to resign as co-leader of the Welcoming Team. I know that you all have noticed my increased and prolonged absences starting sometime last year. It's just been too long since I've properly been a member of A-U. All I've had time for/been interested in are short visits here and there, with never enough time to really catch up on the WT, or with any of you.

I so miss A-U, and all of the good times I experienced with some of you guys. I don't have that anymore, and don't think I will ever get it back, even though I thought I would for some time. At the same time, however, I have begun to lose interest, to be honest. Take this summer for instance. I had loads of time on my hands, but rarely used it for A-U. The longer you stay away, the harder it becomes to come back. And I've stayed away for too long this time to ever really come back full-strength.

In other words: I'm on my last leg here at A-U. I'm not leaving, but the time may come soon when I say good-bye for good. I love this site, and the WT especially, so much, but it's time for me to stop pretending I'll eventually come back and revamp the WT. It's time for someone new and fresh to be added as co-leader, while I step down and become a regular member. Yes, for now I will remain a part of the WT, just not a leader.

And I'll still pay my weekendly visits to you throughout the school year. Know that I wish I could be here, and that I wish I could have time to keep the WT going strong, but I don't want it to lag behind on my account.

I will miss all of you very, very much. And please know that this has nothing to do with a loss of interest in the WT -- it is quite the contrary! It is because I care about it so much that I'm stepping down. My best wishes and hopes to the future Welcoming Team! I will hopefully be watching it's progress from a distance. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 7:43 am 

Wow Gwenneth.... wow.
Forgive me for barging in, as I never was a convincing part of the WT, but I just stumbled upon your post.

First of all, it is a great loss for the A-U community in general and the WT in particular to see you go. We never talked much since we didn't meet in the same threads but your influence on A-U never passed unnoticed. (Oh Heavens, it not supposed to become an epitaph!) I know you dedicated so much time and work here and I always admired you for doing what many others didn't have the will or the time to accomplish.

Secondly, I'm really impressed with the decision you have made to step down and let others continue the work. To realize that the old times are not coming back and admit that you cannot carry on as usual is very mature. I don't think most influential business leaders could do the same. You really, really deserve praise for being so honest with yourself. :angel:

I still can't believe you are threatening with leaving soon... Gwenneth dearest, the A-U community never stays still, it always grows and develops and shapes its members. But the A-U spirit will always stay the same. Come back here whenever you feel like it, I know you will be embraced with open arms by new and old members. It does take an immense amount of time to be on top up all things here around here, but you can still visit here without knowing exactly what's going on in every thread.

I wish you the best of happiness wherever you go and thank you for the good times here on A-U. I'll miss you around. :hug:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 3:51 am 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Heya Gwen,
I may not be on the welcoming thread much (need to do so) or have known you espescially well on A-U, but as Eä said above, to have such a dedicated member resign is a great loss, to all on this wide community.

Your decision to sacrifice your position as a Co-Leader, in order that the WT can progress further on is in my eyes, honourable and shows that you REALLY care. I hope that you can find the spark you seek for, and that you can "properly come back" to A-U.
Strength and Honour in all you do.
The Lamenter

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 6:25 pm 

A quick announcement [just in case you missed it before] - In light of recent events here at the forum, two new WT threads will be made - one for business and the other a home thread. This will be done so that I will be able to update the first posts as needed. "Moving" will take place in the next couple of hours. The two soon-to-be-old WT threads will be locked , but kept up for future perusal. Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 9:53 pm 

This thread is now closed. Please see the new business thread for updates on the goings-on of the WT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14