Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: I must leave AU
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 9:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Dear friends and acquaintances,

I'm not really quite sure how to say, or address, this. I'm nervous, sad, disconcerted, depressed even- and yet there is no way to avoid it.

Most of you know my parents completely dislike Lord of the Rings. This week, they made the request of me to give it up, Lord of the Rings that is, and everything that has to do with it. Actually, it was more of a command than a request.

For a moment I battled myself, because LotR is so amazing and so much an obsession to me. To give it up is like to tear out part of myself.

And yet I had to look at my priorities. What is more important to me: my obediance to my parents, or my love of LotR? In the end, I felt like to obey this desire of my parents SHOULD be my first duty, regardless of whether or not I like it. Sort of like when Faramir rode out to what he knew was an already defeated battle- made a sacrifice, made a choice.

I've got to do this, there is no way around it. Please don't make it any harder on me by mean comments; you have no idea how much I grieve to leave you all. I feel guilty for deserting the RPs and clubs that I'm in especially, but I honestly know no other way.

I do love you all, and for those I count among my friends, I will by no means drop you if you wish to remain my friend. To the rest of you, this was indeed FAR too short a time to be among such excellent people.
*hugs*

I am leaving now.

--FM

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:00 pm 

FM! :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( Ill miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

aw...I wish your parents didnt hate LOTR. :( :( I would die if my parents forbid me to like Narnia. but then thats the right choice--to obey your parents.

maybe you can come back...someday? *hopeful face*

Ill miss you. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:09 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I'll miss you too! *hugs*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:14 pm 
Elf
Elf

Awww FM, we'll all miss you! I'm really sorry about this for you. Maybe one day your parents will come around, and you can come back. Best of wishes. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:31 pm 

FM! :hug: x infinity
I'll miss you! You are doing the right thing in obeying your parents. Hopefully you'll be able to join us again sometime!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:58 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I will miss you very much, even though we really never got to know each other. Your presence will be much missed.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 12:46 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

*Sniffle* *Is not going to cry*

Awww FM, I can totally understand how you feel. I've been in sort of the same situation and I know how torn you can be - but I'll really, really miss you. Words can't say. I'll remember you for always :)

:hug:

~Mel

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 2:13 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Awwww! FM that's awful :( You're stronger then I am apparently. I would not be able to give something that I love, a command or not but that's just me. I'm a very stubborn person.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future and hopefully this will not be last time we will see you. I'll miss you. :hug: Take care of yourself now.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 6:19 am 

Dearest FM,
I am really sorry to hear that. You are a wonderful member of A-U and although we never got to talk much I will miss you a lot here. I will remember your great contributions to the NC, your beautiful banners, amusing posts all around the forum and your crazy humour.

I was looking forward to getting to know you better, but perhaps we will meet again some time in the future either here or elsewhere.
I wish you all the best. Take care. :hug:

~Eä :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 8:55 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Oh God! I am so sorry, FM. :'( I know now that I should have thanked you sooner. You welcomed me and were very helpful too. I do hope that sometime in future your parents allow you to join again but you are doing the right thing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 10:47 am 

Aww... :hug:
I'm sorry to hear that. We'll miss you, and I promise I'll keep teh GORGEOUS banner you made for me for... a very long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 11:07 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

:'-( FM...

I'm speechless right now. There's so much that I want to say right here, but I just can't find the words to say it. You were one of my close friends on A-U and a very great person to have as a daughter. I cannot believe you are leaving so abruptly like this.

But I hope that someday you'll come back and visit, even if it is only for five minutes. You meant so much to all of us and it's very hard to loose a fellow A-Uer. :hug: I honestly don't think it is right of your parents to make you give up something you love and enjoy so much, A-U and LotR. Everyone has differences and I wish that your parents could understand that this is one of those differences. :(

You were a great RPer and a very good graphics maker... no one else will ever be able to roleplay Captain Grey like you did. I feel so bad that I never requested from you; you made wonderful graphics.

This is hard to say, but goodbye FM and I hope we have the chance to talk again sometime. We all love you very much and we pray to see you again. If you want to E-mail me, my adress is koolkiwi27@hotmail.com .

Lots of Love,
Mum/Aramel

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 11:35 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Aw, that's to bad! I commend your choice however, it must have beena hard thing to do but you did the right thing. So sorry.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 1:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Aw.
I'm afraid I didn't get to know you all too well, but you'll sure be missed. And I'll always love that fencing banner you made me... Thanks much!

You are loved.
The Nightingale

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 1:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I didn't know you all that well, FM, but I know you were great. And I know how much you love LotR. I can't say I understand your parents, cause I don't, but I respect you incredibly much for doing what they ask you to do. That's a really great thing to be able to do.

For you, and for the rest of us here who will be missing you very, very much, I hope that someday you'll be able to come back here - if only for a little while. And I hope that you won't be completely cut of from LotR, but that you'll be able to enjoy it at least a little, and that you'll always carry the memory of the people here at a-u who love you.

I can't say for sure, but I think I know how you feel, and I'm so sorry for you.

Take care, and don't forget that you'll always be welcome here if you come back - we'll be glad to see you!

God bless you!

--TM.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 2:49 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

it's really sad ... you leave us ... so good luck !!! :) :) :bye2:

Une porteuse de l'anneau qui vous veut du bien, Mais l'anneau lui me veut peut-être du mal ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next