Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I must leave AU
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 3:10 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Fencing Maiden wrote:
Dear friends and acquaintances,

I'm not really quite sure how to say, or address, this. I'm nervous, sad, disconcerted, depressed even- and yet there is no way to avoid it.

Most of you know my parents completely dislike Lord of the Rings. This week, they made the request of me to give it up, Lord of the Rings that is, and everything that has to do with it. Actually, it was more of a command than a request.

For a moment I battled myself, because LotR is so amazing and so much an obsession to me. To give it up is like to tear out part of myself.

And yet I had to look at my priorities. What is more important to me: my obediance to my parents, or my love of LotR? In the end, I felt like to obey this desire of my parents SHOULD be my first duty, regardless of whether or not I like it. Sort of like when Faramir rode out to what he knew was an already defeated battle- made a sacrifice, made a choice.

I've got to do this, there is no way around it. Please don't make it any harder on me by mean comments; you have no idea how much I grieve to leave you all. I feel guilty for deserting the RPs and clubs that I'm in especially, but I honestly know no other way.

I do love you all, and for those I count among my friends, I will by no means drop you if you wish to remain my friend. To the rest of you, this was indeed FAR too short a time to be among such excellent people.
*hugs*

I am leaving now.

--FM

FM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'(

Oh, FM! I just came back and now....I didn't even get too....oh, FM, I am so sorry!!! I will miss you so dearly....you where such a good friend to me!!!

I will miss you terribly, FM, but my prayers go with you and whatever path God takes you on and what life in which you are to lead! God bless you, deary, and I will miss you so! ;'(

Luv your dearest friend,
Turwaithiel

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 3:27 pm 

What you did was complete right and proper, honoring your father and your mother. Hard as this decision was, I'm sure you'll find greater blessing through this than if you'd disregarded their request/command and continued coming on here in secret. :) *huggles*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 4:22 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

Oh. My. God. *Tries not to cry*

I... I... *Doesn't know what to say*

It was so great to know you... the ball was great fun and I loved knowing that at least one person also knew and loved a great obscure band that I had found. *Sniffle* Your shrine's not going anywhere, and I hope one day you'll be able to return. :hug:

Oh yeah... You win :P And you'll get to meet Gomez someday.

"When all of your tears dry, let your troubles roll by..."

-(The very, very sad) tim4x :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 4:31 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Joy.. Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :(

I know how you must feel though.. it is a huge sacrifice to give up what you love, but I respect it and your parents' wishes...
You are such a good and cheery friend of mine here and I hate to see you go! I hope to see you around MSN, MySpace and/or Facebook though... you are such a sweet person to talk to!
Wait... if Aramel was your mum... she is my auntie... that means we were second cousins! Ahhh!
I wish your parents would not hate LotR... what is there to hate about it? But.. I hope you will be back one day and until then..

Farewell, my dear... :( :hug: :hug:

Plenty of love,
Haldy

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 5:15 pm 

Oh FM! It truly has been a such a short time with you! And you're really leaving for good then? :hug: I shall certainly miss your lovely, shining personality around here. It saddens me to hear that a compromise just could not be reached. But I'm proud of you for making such a hard decision. Good luck dearest, where ever life may lead you! :hug:

You'll still be on MSN, aye? Maybe this won't be good-bye forever... *is hopeful*

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 5:32 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

OMG! FM! :'( :-(

I am so saddened by this...this decision that you were forced to make. I'm sorry, but although I understand why you had to make this choice, I can't agree with the way your parents are demanding you give up LOTR. In my opinion, if you have found something you like, whether they like it or not, they should be happy for you to be happy.

I hope, that you will come back FM...you will be greatly missed here....so please, try and talk to your parents....and come back to us. :guilty:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 5:32 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

My dear Joy. You shall be forever missed. I am not going to say you made the right choice because I think you have been unfairly robbed of your fundamental right to choose your own interests but I am going to say that I hope everything will work out for you and I hope that you will be alright!

I'll be thinking about you and sending major positive energy your way!

Blessed be!

:hug:

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 7:02 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

FM! No! :'( I thought it was bad when you had to leave temporarily because of the evil stalker! This is terrible!
I have a lot of respect for you though. It's such a hard thing to give up something you love so much just because your parents disapprove of it. You're an amazingly strong person to be able to do that. And even though it makes me sad that we have to lose you, I respect the fact that you made the mature decision.
I'll miss your randomlicious randomness! And your mad graphics-making skillz. And just the overall FM-ish-like air that you gave to the forum. It was so nice just to know you even for the little while and the little bit that I did. You'll be greatly missed love. Hopefully it's not goodbye forever. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 7:38 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Gaaahhhh! How could I have not seen this earlier?!?!?! Bye FM! :'( We shall all miss you bunches and bunches! :hug: I'm really proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself though to give up A-U.....I know I probably couldn't do it! We all love you dear! :hug: I hope you can visit us sometimes! :) I think I'll miss my best bud the most! :(

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 3:47 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Whaaaat????? OMG FM!!!! :'( I will miss you.. aww that's soooo sad.
Well, I do understand you though, I mean your parents really are more important than LotR. Well, I wish you all the best. :hug: farewell :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 3:54 am 
Custom Rank
Custom Rank

FM... I don't know what to say... I'll miss you in here! We all will! Maybe there will be some time when your parents change their mind and you can come back to us, I'll look forward to this day...
Until then... Bye! We'll miss you greatly! :hug: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 8:56 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

:stun: :guilty: :hide: :'( :hug:

I will miss you FM!!! man, I'm soooo sorry about what your parents said, but I think you are doing the right thing, You are a good, strong girl to be able to do this. I would never be able to myself, and I commend you for it, We will all miss you dearly, and pray for you too. I hope you may be able to return one day, but if not, you have all of our best wishes and know that will won't forget you! it's been awesome knowing you, FM! thank you for sharing you time with us all.

Kel :hug: :hug:

Never
Alone

We are The Redeemed, we are the ones who are free! We belong to Jesus! We are now alive, and in this world we will shine! We belong to Jesus! ~ "We Shine" by Unhindered

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 9:40 am 
Elf
Elf

That's so sad! You were always such fun to have around! I will never forget you, and it won't be quite the same here without you. But I'm glad to hear that your honoring your parents' descicion, as evil as it seems.
We'll all miss you atrociously!
:hug: :bye2: :rain:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Awwww, FM! I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't really know what to say. I can understand how how feel and I can also understand your decision. We'll miss you so much here. :hug:
I'll always remember you and I hope that you'll maybe be able to return one day... :bye2:

<center>
~thanks to: Johnny's Fan (animated banner)~
~icons made by me~

My site: ~Evenstar Dreams~<center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 3:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

Good bye, I'll miss you :(

<3
top banner by Coccinelle
I'll be back to visit, I promise!
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 3:44 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

gaspeth!! no Radio, don't leave... i'd die if my parents forbade me to stop liking LotR, you are going to be dearly missed. I think you did the wrong thing, but you did it none the less... please come back some day Radio...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next