Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 4:22 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Same here... as long as PJ is on board and the director has proven himself to us, which he has, I'm fine with it.

Well maybe you're right and I should just calm down a little.. But I dunno, I just can't say: oh well, PJ's gonna be the producer so everything's gonna be fine.
Also the two film idea seems a bit strange to me. I mean, I don't know yet the reason why they wanna make two films, so yeah, I'm a bit careful with getting too enthusiastic about it I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 1:54 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

It seems according to the British film magazine Empire, that there are two possibilities for the second film.

One is basically going to show the events for the years between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, which will probably upset the purists as not a great deal happened during those years so most of it will be either made up, or inflated from what they do know.

The other choice is the appendices. Making a film about all those things that are shown at the end of ROTK, how Aragorn met Arwen etc etc.

At the moment though it is all speculation and no-one really knows.

All I can say is I don't want LOTR to be cheapened by prequels, sequels whatever that aren't need. There's nothing wrong with them making the Hobbit - it makes perfect sense - I just don't want them going into the realms of finding anything to do with Middle-earth and making it into a film, merely to keep the money coming in.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2008, 8:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

There was an article of sorts in an issue of Total Film which I got today. I'll scan it in when I get the chance, it's quite interesting :D I'm just glad PJ is on board for it, it can't go wrong if it's him doing it. Oooh, it'll be like the old days all over again, won't it? *G*

techquo @ deviantART
[$%=#_&]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 7:52 pm 

^ I hope you can get it scanned soon.

You know, for the second film, there IS a lot in the appendices. But for that matter, there's content in the appendices and in History of Middle Earth that would be good in the first hobbit film. For instance, how Thorin and Gandalf met up

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2008, 11:32 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Ok, so the newspaper I get had something to say about the Hobbit. The Tolkien Estate is suing New Line because they have not paid them the money they promised. Evidently PJ has had problems with New Line on this matter too. Anyway, the news paper said that if the lawsuit was successful then it could block the Hobbit from coming out.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 10:51 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Wow... there is just to many complications surounding this!

i wish they just would of let PJ do the movie like he did the first three and leave it at that.

*sighs* oh well, I sure hope it turns out good and they don't screw something up... and I do hope it comes out!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2008, 7:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ack!! Oh no!!! NO HOBBIT?!?!? My heart is aching!! I swear to God, if this film doesn't get back on schedule......

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 11:39 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

This may have been posted elsewhere, but I've not seen yet. But it's official. Guillermo Del Toro is the director.

Loads of links and stuff over at http://www.theonering.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 6:44 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Coo! Well I'm glad that is settled. :P

I still would have liked PJ to direct it, but this is better than having no PJ at all. I would have been less enthralled if they had just assigned the Hobbit to a big Hollywood director just so they can make lots of money out of it. At least they have hired someone who knows PJ well, loves the Hobbit and has the creative talent needed for such a film.

Of course, PJ as producer has a heck of a lot of say about what goes on with the production, and I'm sure if he has any suggestion or wishes to step behind the camers for old times sake, Del Toro won't mind. ;)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 26th, 2008, 6:19 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Oh same here, same here lol

I think I'm even more optimistic about it now than I was before. GDT is the next best thing to PJ directing and he obviously has Peter's confidence and trust for him to hand the reigns over to him. That and all the things Del Toro has been saying regarding the project has been inspiring.

IGWT: In Guillermo We Trust! :P

I have to say though, I am a bit surprised at the lack of attention this announcement has had on a Lord of the Rings fan forum. Did PJ's announcement come at an awkward time or something :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 26th, 2008, 11:37 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I agree with Phoenix, GDT is the next best thing after PJ and we should be so incredibly lucky we're getting him. After reading the wonderful interview with him it feels like the weight has been lifted off my shoulders. He wants it to look and feel like the film trilogy. He's very much concerned with continuity and is going to be spending SO much time making sure all the sets, locations and props will match the old ones exactly. He's already talking about going out to Matamata to reconstruct and replant everything needed for Hobbiton.

There really is no reason for any of us to be worried or concerned. PJ is still executive producer and if he doesn't like it I hardly think he will approve it ;)

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2008, 2:40 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Phoenix wrote:
Oh same here, same here lol

I think I'm even more optimistic about it now than I was before. GDT is the next best thing to PJ directing and he obviously has Peter's confidence and trust for him to hand the reigns over to him. That and all the things Del Toro has been saying regarding the project has been inspiring.

IGWT: In Guillermo We Trust! :P

I have to say though, I am a bit surprised at the lack of attention this announcement has had on a Lord of the Rings fan forum. Did PJ's announcement come at an awkward time or something :lol:

I second that idea, Phoenix reference to his upcoming Hellboy 2 movie. A handful of people knows him quite well I guess. Btw, neat slogan for Toro.

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2008, 8:33 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Thanks, though I can't take credit for it. I stole it from the Batman fans over at Superherohype's forums. Just replacing Nolan with Guillermo :P

Ah yeah..Hellboy 2 is looking so very very good. I can't wait to see that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2008, 4:46 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

im kinda surprised too that im not hearing ppl screaming about the GDT finally being announced at the directer... maybe it has to do with state test or college exams or the awesome weather... idk... but i literally screamed when i found out and after reading GDT's interview on TORN im not worried about the movies at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2008, 6:07 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

We should all be celebrating. This is a momentous occasion.
:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 27th, 2008, 6:59 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Lol, well I don't think I screamed but I was a little bit happy to say the least. ;) I'm not familiar really with his work (apart from Hellboy) so I'm just going by what I've heard about his relationship with PJ and Fran and how much of say PJ will have in things.

I sure do hope Howard Shore will be doing the score - now that would be terrible if someone else was to take his themes and make their own out of them. :-(

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next