Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How would you rank the opening scenes of the 6 movies
PostPosted: March 24th, 2015, 11:47 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

since the Battle of the five armies had such a great beginning I got to wondering out of all six Middle Earth movies made by Jackson how would I rank them from first to last and thought I would ask everybody else to share their rankings.

Here is mine
1. FOTR - that opening prologue by Lady Galadriel is just such a great set up that immediately draws you into the story even if you've never read the books.

2. BOTFA - I love how no time is wasted getting to the intense action of Smaug breathing fire all over Lake Town. And the way Smaug talks to Bard just adds a perfect touch IMO.

3. ROTK - I really enjoy how Jackson shows Smeagol going from a happy hobbit to the corrupted creature Gollum he becomes once he sees & then takes the ring.

4. TTT - Just have to love an opening of getting to see Gandalf & the balrog finish their fight.

5. AUJ - I thought it was another perfect setup for The Hobbit trilogy with Bilbo reflecting back and telling the story of how Smaug took Erebor and claimed the Mountain.

6. DoS - just because I put this last does not mean I don't love it as I think the flashback of the meeting between Gandalf and Thorin is just wonderful. and the Extended Edition version is even better as there is just such great detail to enjoy.

well that's the way I see them if anybody else wants to share would love to see what you think.... but one thing is for sure I love them all from beginning to end!

Post subject: Re: How would you rank the opening scenes of the 6 movies
PostPosted: March 25th, 2015, 12:04 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Neat idea! I have not seen any of the extended versions yet on the hobbit movies so these are all just theatrical intros from those. (If there is any difference)

1. FOTR definitely my favorite!

2. TTT loved the fight scene!

3. BOTFA Dragons... gotta love em right?

4. DoS Just because it seems to fit at #4

5. ROTK I liked the backstory on golumn and all but honestly there was just something about it that didn't click with me. Other than that the movie was amazing. (naturally)

6. AUJ I did not mind this intro but I didn't know about the whole thing with frodo being in it... simply because it isn't in the book but that is just me. ;)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM