Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cast the characters not in the films
PostPosted: January 1st, 2016, 9:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

If you had to fill in the missing scenes, who would you cast as the book characters who aren't in the films and why?

Tom Bombadil, Elladan & Elrohir, Imrahil, Glorfindel, even characters from the Silmarillion and the wider history of Middle Earth.

Or it could be other iterations of characters we do see in the films- how did Gandalf look when he was Olorin? Who did Eldarion grow up to be? What did Sauron look like when he deceived the elves as Annatar?

Free reign, you can cast anyone! Singers, models, actors, celebrities from A-Z list, all suggestions are welcome!!

Post subject: Re: Cast the characters not in the films
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2016, 6:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm... Really neat idea!

I hardly know any actors or actresses by name... I am not sure who I would put where. Very interested to see what others come up with. I will think on this and let you know if I come up with anything.

What about you?

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 4:09 pm 
Elf
Elf

I mostly started the thread because there's very little description for many of these characters. "Casting" it is a way of sharing how other people picture them see them, whether they can name the face or not :)

Still, I can't quite believe you've never seen any film or TV show or anything and thought 'They remind me of X', you don't even need to know the name of the person, if you can remember the character :)

Here's some of mine:

Beren

Brad Pitt (a' la Legends of the Fall)

Like, Aragorn I always think of Beren as someone traditionally very masculine looking: square jaw, broad shoulders, hairy chest etc. I'd like to imagine that Beren looks completely alien to Luthien when they meet and he has to look physically strong and project mental strength too. I really like how wild, but noble Brad Pitt looks in Legends of the Fall. Incidentally, I find Luthien really difficult to picture- because she's the most beautiful woman ever and all that!

Elladan &/ Or Elrohir

Aidan Turner

I don't usually like it when I've seen fan-casts and a member of the current cast is put in an alternative role, it seems kind of lazy and often a bit weird. But try as I might, since seeing the above artwork I can't think of anyone better than Aidan as one (or both) of Elrond's sons.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 7:36 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol yeah... I don't watch a ton of movies honestly... so.. *shrugs*

I know I have seen a movie once, however, where I saw a character that reminded me a lot of what I have always imagined Tom Bombadil to be like... but for the life of me I could not tell you what movie or character it was.

Aiden turner would actually make a very good elf, in light of those drawings! *nods*

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM