Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Two Towers at the Royal Albert Hall!
PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 3:50 am 
Elf
Elf

Way back in April 2009 I found out about the London Philharmonic Orchestra performing the score live to screening of FotR at the Royal Albert Hall in London. As soon as I found out I booked tickets for the Two Towers screening which was going to be in April of 2010.

So after a year of waiting, on the 25th April 2010 I was in London!

Yes I have photos :D

Sorry for the bad quality, I was trying to be sneaky. (First photo is actually from my phone.)

Yes, we were sitting right at the back on the very top row as I'm a poor university student and those seats were £20 each (the cheapest ones.)

I'm afraid that I'm currently typing this at uni and I've left my copy of the programme back at home. Luckily, I am actually planning on going home for the weekend on Friday so I shall update this with details of the singers etc then.

Anyhoo... I cried. I cried my eyes out I was that happy. I didn't really watch the film, I was concentrating on the music more. I've always loved the London Philharmonic Orchestra so seeing them was an added bonus to the whole live music to the film thing.

Afterwards, we ran downstairs and.. well, the photo will explain what happened then...

YES. That is me with Howard Shore! (And yes I am wearing an Evenstar :p )

And I did get my booklet from inside my TTT Complete Recordings signed:

It was pretty amazing to say the least.

Unfortunately, the performance of RotK was in September, in my very first week of lectures at uni and on the Tuesday or Wednesday night of that week (FotR and TTT had been Friday or Saturday nights) so I couldn't go to it even if I would have been able to afford it. :( But no matter, I still got to see TTT which in terms of the score is my favourite film. :D

Post subject: Re: The Two Towers at the Royal Albert Hall!
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 6:04 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I am so jealous! :O I've been dreaming of going to one of those concerts since I found out that Howard Shore still tours with the LotR-music. But he's only been in Sweden once, and that was a while ago...

The crownless again shall be king. ~

Post subject: Re: The Two Towers at the Royal Albert Hall!
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2023, 3:48 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

The good news is that you can use fuel injector cleaner in conjunction with other engine treatments. This will ensure that your engine is getting the best treatment it can get and that it is running as efficiently as possible. It is a good idea to use a fuel injector cleaner every three months or so to help keep your engine running smoothly. https://myfuelinjector.com/best-fuel-in ... r-for-bmw/