Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: minas tirith/shelob
PostPosted: February 27th, 2007, 12:46 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i am playing LOTR ROTK and am really stuck on Minas tirith- top of the wall. I'd appreciate advise on what to do there. And I can get to shelob, but to kill her...tips on that would be great, too. If only sam could carry Raid... I know i's just a matter of fighting for that one, but advise on minas tirith would help, thanks!

Smeagol-"And thaaat dosn't taste very nice, does that, Precious?"
Gollum-"No, not nice at all."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 8:12 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I got some posts from other people stuck there...
"What you do is run along killing the orcs that climb up.
On the little map in the top right corner, little red dots appear, they mean a ladder has been put up, run over there and kick it down.
Help defend your gondor men cos they help a lot.
When the siege towers come, hit them with powerfull ranged attacks.
The nazgul does not matter, i did the level without having to kill him."

"Killing the orcs/uruk hai helps get the meter down, but knocking down the siege ladder helps a LOT more. It's not neccesary to kill the fell beast, It just helps. If you don't kill it, he'll slay the trebuchet engineers and you'll have to knock down the siege towers with your ranged attack instead of using the catapult to fell it. I hope this helps!"

Well for me, I killed every orc on the wall that got near me. I always ran along the wall and kicked tha ladders when the red
dots appear(The dots mean ladders, top right corner ther's a little map)
I kicked the siege towers with the trebuchet and with ranged attacks(depends on the side, the right towers->trebuchet, the left ones->ranged attacks). at the 3rd siege tower a Nazgûl appears at the trebuchet. I killed him(you needn't but I think it's better). When he falls he partöy crushes the wall so you have to use the ropes to get to the other side of the wall.

Shelob: (this is what I did:) In singleplayer the fight is harder but yo got a checkpoint at least.
When shelob attacks you must defend yourself. When she ends the attack deal some light strokes. then defend again when she attacks etc.
after some time she climbes up the hill and litte spider come. You must throw them on their backs with heavy strokes and then stab them. They sometimes drop useful potions. You MUST kill them as fast as you can otherwise shelob comes back before you finished them.
When the spiders are dead shelob jumps at you but you must run away. If she didn't get you she is stunned for a second so you can hit her some times. with this you should be able to get her...
(when shelob runs around as a mad thing just run away from her. she'll get usual again after some time)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 11:51 am 
Vala
Vala

As I recall, Shelob attacks in three strikes. Block those three and then use Orc Hewer--it does wonders against her. After I beat the game, I went back and did it with Faramir, and on that level he lost no health against her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 12:25 pm 

Oh yeah I remember once when my brothers beat the game and they're were doing Shelobs lair again, I think..my bro did Orc Hewer against her and killed her in one hit. though of course he had cheats on and his guy was like level 20..:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 12:54 pm 
Vala
Vala

Wow. I've never played that with cheats on at level twenty. I should try that sometime. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 3:00 pm 

Lol..my little sister and I got our 2p file charaters all level 20. we just put cheats on after we beat the game and just fought and fought in the Palantir levels till they were all level 20. the levels are quite easy then..:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2007, 11:02 am 
Vala
Vala

I know they're easy with cheats on and level twenty characters, but I don't think I've ever fought Shelob with cheats on, even with a level 20 character. Still, it does go very fast. :)