Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battle for Middle-earth PLEASE HELP!
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 11:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

How in the world do you defeat the Balrog when you're in Moria? I can't do it. Gandalf dies too quickly for me to do much damage. (he's at rank 3)

Can someone please help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2007, 6:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just keep running. Trust me, if you do not stand for too long in one spot it won't get you as often. That's how I beat it.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2007, 8:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alright, thanks mates! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 1:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lol yeah if you have to start over just keep in mind that he needs to beet the balrog at the end so let him get all the level ups and buy the elven gifts power. And even though it sounds cowardly do what those two said... run!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2007, 3:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Just keep runnin away till your lightening sword is recharged, then hit him with it, and run again. :)

~Thank you to Estë Undómë for the Beeeautiful Banners & Avvie <3 ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 7:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thank you for all the help everyone, I beat him and got very far. :D

Umm.......But I'm stuck again. XD At Helm's Deep. It's so hard! My forces re killed too quickly, and ther are just so many orcs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2007, 10:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have an impeneratrable plan to beat this level becuase I saved it to a separate slot so I could play it over and over again because I absolutly love it. Tomorrow I will have a lot of time to play it over again and I will tell you. I just haven't played it in a long time. I'll post it tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2007, 4:31 am 
Vala
Vala

Use Fire Arrows, and Elves. Get them as fast as possible. Make a few groups of peasants for melee defense, and have some of the Elves with Forged blades instead of FA. And ALWAYS look for the mines--as soon as they're in range, have your troops concentrate on those. Plus, if they go off in the middle of the enemy troops, you have a lot less guys to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2007, 10:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

^Thank you! I shall attempt that statagey this weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 26th, 2007, 9:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(here is a drawn map by me of helms deep. Also there are some other screen shots at the bottom to help you)
(ok here I go with my awesome plan that is unbreakable)
*cough*

Now when you first start off there are a battalion of horses riding in, some yeomen archers and a group of peasants. Send the horses and the peasants immediatly to the bottom of the map so they can be killed when the first wave comes. Sounds mean but trust me. Keep the Yeomen archers and send them to were you see the archers in pic #1. After that move the heros to the wall in equally spaced places. They will move out of the way for archers... just let them be pushed until the first wave. Then destroy the well on build plot 8 and destroy the archery range on build plot 7. Then build Farms on build plots, 7,5,9,10,1,2,3. Only build on 7, 5, 9 and 10 for right now though and on build plots 8 and 6 make archery ranges. Build both archery ranges first then the farms. Then immeditaly get the farms up all over. I'll tell you what build plot 4 is for later. Now you will need to make 2 battalions of yeomen archers from each range for a total of 5 to guard the walk way on pic #1. Now at 7 minutes the elf horn will call. Now you can make elves from the ranges. Build all of them. NO MORE YEOMENS FOR YOU!!! Try to spread the building of elves out evenly to pump more out faster. Now when the elves come they will stop at the causeway. Oh and keep the gate open until the first wave... it will complicate things. Now you will hear Theoden's voice say, "Welcome" to the elves. Don't listen to it all right when you can move them do so... don't wait for the entire message it wastes precious time. Now you will probably have the money to build the thing on build plot 4... a forge. Once that is built, KEEP THOSE ELVES PUMPING!!! The only upgrade you want to buy is heavy armor and fire arrows. EVERYTHING ELSE IS A WASTE OF PRECIOUS RESOURCES!!! Now when one of the ranges levels up buy fire arrows. When you get enough buy the heavy armor too. Now when the elves come out of the ranges move them right away and also when you get enough money for upgrades up them troops! Don't upgrade unless you have max troops. Now some refugees will come. If you have the peasants and the battalion of horses all the way at the bottom of the map the wargs will attack them and be killed thus earning you treasure at the gate. Click on the peasants... make them run up and get the treasure and then send them out with the other peasants at the bottom of the map. Do this again with the next peasants. The reason we are killing off all non-archers is because they are a waste of precious command points for archers. Now the first wave will come. Don't watch the mini movie or watch them come in.... keep working on the archers they aren't at the wall yet! Fire arrow upgrades first and then heavy armor. Now move your heros back into position. If gimli gets hit with a crossbow bolt he will run out of the deep and into battle so watch for that. Build postern gates when you have money to spare. Now when the first wave is destroyed keep upgrading if need be and pump out more men since the peasants and horses have been killed at the bottom of the map. If they aren't dead you should have sent them in pursuit of the first wave. Now when the second wave comes you will find one mine right in the middle of their force. Have about 4 battalions selected on the wall to take them out as in pic #2. When in range shoot them down. make sure they're not too close. In the third wave there are two mines and 3 balistas. Your Yeomen gaurding the causeway are immune to this for some reason. Have either Theoden or Eowyn mounted on the wall to ride out and take them after the wave. Good you have survived all the waves! Note that all the waves are symetrical and the bombs follow that. Now just wait for eomer to come with Gandalf and then wipe out the camps. If you have any archers with Eomer put them on the mound in pic #5. If the wall explodes for some reason don't panic. Put all the elves on either side of the remaining walls and put the heros in the destroyed part. This creates a funnel where all the uruks have to go. It's a great tactic and I hope it works out.

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

Pic #5

Hopefully you'll see this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2007, 10:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holy taters. That ^ is completely amazing. Thank you, thank you! This is totally awesome! I'll try your guide, hobo, and see if it works! :happy:
Once again thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 28th, 2007, 6:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I still haven't made one for minas tirith yet.....