Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2010, 3:20 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'm playing Assassin's Creed II, as Ellie should know. It is a great game where you play Ezio, a young Italian stud looking to avenge his father's and brothers' wrongful execution by assassinating people involved in a giant conspiracy in Renaissance Italy. Like Fable 3, you also have a villa that you can improve and use to get more money. Oh and the combat and free-running is amazing!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Liking the idea of this thread!

I am limited to PSP and PS2 games right now. With my PSP I've been trying to beat Prince of Persia Revelations(the PSP version of Warrior Within). I love vgs that include freerunning and an active battle system.

On PS2 I just beat Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition on normal mode. I would go more indepth about the games like you guys but I'm posting from my PSP so I have a limit to how many characters I can type at once.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 3:03 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

The gamer in me loves the games more because they're games and is a little critical of the movie because all the plot twisting they did but things if they did alot more plot twisting they MIGHT be able to pull off at least Warrior Within. The fangirl in me just loves the movie for Dastan's horse, the cool knife and moves, and don't forget Jake. :drool:

Anyway, DMC3 is a somewhat challenging game. With almost every boss you get a new weapon, and with the help of a mixture of buttons there is almost a never ending list of moves and combos you can do to take on the almost never ending onslaught of demons. Not to mention there is a gripping story line about family and betrayal. The main character Dante is somewhat of a womanizer, but not overly so, but he is overly sarcastic and cocky, making every cutscene entertaining.

I used to own Call of Duty Roads to Victory for PSP but then I traded it in to get Prince of Persia Revelations because it kept freezing and I couldn't get past this one tank in the first level. And I'm not too fond of playing shooter games on PSP. PS2 on the other hand, I love playing shooter games. And guess what? You are REALLY making me wish I had a PS3...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 5:13 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

It is of my personal opinion Call of Duty and indeed most FPSes are highly over-rated and overall bland. Multiplayer has no appeal to me and what I'm left with is fighting either as an American soldier or an American-esque soldier in a supposedly multinational army and I get awful feelings like I'm spreading the ideals of American imperialism to third-world nations. The only two FPSes I like are Bioshock and Half Life 2.

Eruraina, I have the perfect game for if you like Devil May Cry. The Distaff Counterpart: Bayonetta! It's so audacious it's hilarious and the gameplay is superb. I never get tired of fighting because it's so much fun!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

My favorite game that could be classified "shooter" is Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus. But then, that game is soooo easy I can beat very hard mode in a matter of hours. Though Everynow and then I'll play Medal of Honor European Assult with my family, and total go into sniper mode and woop my brother's and dad's buts on multiplayer. Until my brother started cheating and looking at my screen... Though sometimes for fun and casual play I'll play one of the two Star Wars Battlefront games we own. But when it comes to shooter games I prefer to be in third person than first person. I find it annoying when I can't see the character I'm playing and I just see arms and a gun...

But my favorite genre of game is action based RPG. I watched a few trailers of that Bayonetta you suggested, Caunion, and was totally like "I want to play that!" and then I saw what platform it was for. I really need to get a PS3, lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2010, 3:30 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

It's a lot of fun, Eruraina. I really just what they did with the character. It's so tongue-in-cheek, yet Bayonetta is still a very sexy lady. The combat is really awesome. Well, I think awesome is a little tame when you can equip rocket lauchers on your feet. Yeah, I'm not kidding. You can do that.

So right now I'm playing Half Life 2. Basically you play the ex-theoretical physicist turned BA, Gordon Freeman, who is woken up by a mysterious figure only to find out that the Earth has been subjugated by the alien overlord race which is a thinly veiled analogy to a political ideology du jour, the Combine. It's a really fun game though. All the combat scenes in the Battle of City 17 strongly feels like urban fighting. And I love it! Far better than Call of Duty imo. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2010, 9:36 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

Tetris!

And I'm slowly [read: hardly at all] working my way through Halo 3, simply because I'm bored and my ex boyfriend let me have it. Oh, and I routinely play Forza, and Ultimate Alliance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 10:37 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Half Life 2!! I have not played it, but I have a couple of friends who love it. Not quite my cup of tea, but it looks quite fun. Portal is my favorite game at the moment. I've finished the game and am currently working on getting the achievements. I'm so stoked for Portal 2 to come out in February!! Just in time for my birthday!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2010, 9:28 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Now I am working on beating Final Fantasy IX so I can delete it off of my PSP memory card so I can download and play Final Fantasy VII again because I love the music and the complex story and dont forget Cloud Strife. So what it has old graphics... I like my (1993) lego lookin characters. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2010, 3:36 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

April?!?! How sad!!!! Well that doesn't make me happy. Oh well. Not like I can storm the producers and demand a copy. Wait a minute.....haha.

I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed. I take it they're pretty good?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2010, 3:51 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Are you kidding? We ought to storm Valve and convince them to hurry up with Half Life 2: Episode Three already.

Replaying Assassin's Creed 2 until I decide between Brotherhood, Tomb Raider: Underworld, or Saints Row 2.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2010, 10:25 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Isnt there a PC version as well as a PS3 version of Assassins Creed Brotherhood?

And I found out Final Fantasy Dissidia's sequel's US release date and now I cant wait till the end of March! I cant say if its going to be awesome or not, but more Cloudy goodness :drool: lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2010, 3:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well I do believe there would be a PC version for Brotherhood. Just not right now.

Holy crap, the boss fight in Bayonetta. Just AWESOME!! This is the music playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQm_PySHCk

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2010, 2:10 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Sugeh! It almost makes me want to pick up Mass Effect and play it again...

What's with the zombies and video games? I know Left 4 Dead did it and was great but really I think it's getting a little too much. Though I would like to see Zombie Assassin's Creed...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 12:44 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Zombie Assassins Creed... that would be pretty cool.

A kid down the street sold his PSP so he gave me the only game he had that wasnt broken. Tomb Raider: Legends. I started playing it right away since I remember watching my dad play one of the original three Tomb Raiders and wanting to be like Laura Croft when I grew up. I wonder if we still have that game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 1:42 am 
Vala
Vala

I've just recently rediscovered the awesomeness of "Age of Mythology." Call me a nerd if you want, but that game is SO addicting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next