Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Final Fantasy
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 11:30 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

There, I made it, a Final Fantasy thread... I couldn't resist when I saw that the Gaming thread was no longer just for LotR-based games! W00t!

...Sorry...

So who else here like Final Fantasy? Or at least has hear of it(and with my Cloudy reputation, I'm sure there are very few that haven't, lol.).

Which is your favorite out of the 13 games and their spinoffs? Favorite characters?

VII is definantly my favorite, and Cloud Strife my favorite character(obviously). But I also enjoy 3(US) for it's puns ("Saying stuff like that in my kingdom can get you PUNished" -Galuf) and the fact that one of the main character's japanese names is Butz, changed to Bartz in the english version. I also like 8 and 9. You know... I think 7, 8, and 9 are my three favorite. I've played those because I bought them on PSN and downloaded them to my PSP. Though when I heard rumours of a remake of 7 I was hoping they were true(but knew they couldn't be) because the Don Corneo mansion scene would have been hilarous in todays gaming graphics :p .

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy
PostPosted: July 27th, 2011, 12:21 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

7 is definatley my favorite and I finally finished it a few days ago. :blush: I also have 1 and 2 but never played them and I'd really like to get Crisis Core and FF8. 8 looks great but it's a real pain to try and order them online. :grr: I'll get them eventually.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2011, 5:56 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I have 1 as well for PSP, and really want to get 2, but I hear the leveling system in 2 is really weird.

If you want to get Crisis Core, then I'm guessing you have a PSP, right? In which case, you can just download 8 off of the Playstation Network Store. Though it's takes about 1.5GB of memory. I used to have a 2GB memory that I had 7 on, but then I got an 8GB so I could have 7,8,&9 all on one memory card.

Have you played either of a Dissidias? Those are alot of fun, too. I think the only ones I haven't had a crack at are the Tactics games...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 12:09 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I believe I´ll have to second your opinion Eruraina, FF 7, 8 & 9 are pure gold in their own right. I`ve never actually played 9 through, but in my memory it`s still one of the best games of the series. Surprisingly, the best FF games were made for Playstation, tough I am not saying that FFX is a bad game in comparison yet something about that game just doesn`t make it appealing to me personally.

If I had to say, my favourite of these is FFVII. Quite possibly because of the story, which is superior to all the other. And favourite characters? Off the top of my head, Vincent, a guy you find in a coffin, who can shoot your headoff and turn into a demon, that my friends is badass. :-D

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!