Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragonball Z Tenkaichi Ultimate
PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 6:41 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Got War in the north and this game yesturday. War in the north is epic but for those interested in Dragonball Z (grew up with it/still into/ etc.) here are my thoughts:

If you are used to playing Tenkaichi games expect this to be a bit different. The battle system is different. A lof of it is focused on making it look like the show. - It look amazing great graphics and thought have gone into it. The battle system is based on this rock paper scissors system they have concocted. You still get to use physical attacks when in close combat and energy attacks when far away but when you initiate an attack rush you press a button and your opponant can guess it, if they get it right they stop your rush, if they get it wrong you can pound on them and watch them suffer. The special attacks look grerat, little 'cut scenes' showing your character launching the attach and the destruction on the environment looks brilliant. Environments are big which is cool!

Hero mode - chreate your own DBZ character! start of with minimal customisation but you unlock things along the way to build up your character. DB fans have been waiting for this kind of things in a game for years. Shmae it's not the old battle system. This new system is cool but it's not quite the same as it used tobe. But if they didn't try and evolve/change the battle system it would end up being the same every release noi? Which is the problem they've been having really.

I give it a 7/10 worth a shot just to watch the action

I forgot to mention it shows clips from the series to help tell the story! this is a really cool feature as well!