Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragon Age
PostPosted: August 16th, 2016, 4:53 am 

I will be so disappointed if there's no one on A-U who plays the Dragon Age series! It's so our style. A RPG with complex dilemmas, elaborate histories and societies, and frightening amounts of detail, all in a world ripped off from inspired by Tolkien?? Come on! :stab: I need someone to debate the merits of the mage rebellion with. ;)

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: August 16th, 2016, 9:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I'm afraid I am quite out of the loop with current games but it certainly sounds really interesting! I may have to look it up.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 2:03 pm 

Do. :D There are three so far: Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age Inquisition. All together they make a story line that is about 10 years long, and builds on the choices you made in the previous games, if you played them. Origins and Inquisition are very good, especially Inquisition, though you need a console or really tricked-out gaming computer to play it (as I discovered, much to my chagrin, when I tried to play it on my cheap bottom-of-the-line PC). Dragon Age II is a bit of a let down. It's got a good narrative, like the others, but the actual gameplay is a little dull. I wouldn't recommend it unless you've already been suckered into the fantasy world, and are just curious about what the events that set up Inquisition, as what happened to me.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 10:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I didnlook them up and they look rather creative from an asthetic perspective. I read a little of the story too, seemed neat. The game play, however, would have to be pretty good for me to actually buy the games, though. If they are as you say, dull... I couldn't do it. I very rately buy games so when I do it needs to be a game I absalutely love in every aspect.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 12:23 pm 

Hm, then sounds like you should skip DA 2. :yes: But you might like Origins. Have you ever played Baldur's Gate? The gameplay is very similar to that, except you can interact more with your companions. Also, what I really love is that there's a difficulty setting, so you can make it as hard or easy as you want. That was such a relief for me because I'm not really a gamer and play mostly for the story, but I know some people LIVE for impossible games and will only play it on the "nightmare" difficulty setting!

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 12:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Never played Baldir's Gate, either.

Honestly if itnis not LOTR or Starwars Inprobably have not played it. Haha

Indo like games that have companions, though, and a difficulty setting would be a cool aspect to me as well. I don't mind a challenging game but once it passes a challenge and becomes a frustration to me I loose interest fast. It's a game... It's supposed to be fun... If I'm not having fun then I don't play. Lol

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 1:03 pm 

I know, right??? I don't understand it either. If I start screaming and get the urge to throw the control through the screen, I stop playing. I say to myself I don't have to deal with this stuff in my hobby time!! I think some people are just total reward junkies or something, though. No matter how many times they die they just reload and throw themselves at it again. Then when they beat it they get... bragging rights? That's not worth it, to me. :eyeroll:

PostPosted: August 27th, 2016, 1:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

LOL Yeah, no kidding. I don't enjoy bragging enough to waist away my hobby time doing something I don't enjoy. :p

So out of all of them, is the first the best or do the later ones get better after 2 ?

PostPosted: August 30th, 2016, 10:57 pm 

Hm, that's a hard call. Inquisition (the third one) might eke out a slight lead over Origins, because you have more freedom of movement and five extra years of graphics development. I haven't got a bad thing to say about Origins, though. It was the first one I played, and I've played it several times through since and have really enjoyed it. Plus, I tried to get my friend hooked through Inquisition and she ended up being a bit overwhelmed by the massive amount of lore and backstory it comes with. There's plenty of that in Origins but at least you're not playing catch-up with the story. I think if you're juggling between the two you can just pick whichever seems more personally appealing to you. :)

PostPosted: August 31st, 2016, 7:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That makes sense... backstory from three or so games back would be hard to pick up on. I've always liked starting at the beginning if it's a story driven game.

I played the old starwars games dark forces, Jedi Outcast, Academy 1 and 2 and all those in order and still loved them all the same. One continuous story line. Jumping into the later ones would have made a lot less sense if I didn't know what had happened previously.

And I like cool graphics but if it's got a story and I know the graphics are lacking simply because of the age of the game it's nothing to me. Dark forces had some top notch graphics... for the mid 90s but compared to the later versions it had terrible graphics! lol But I still loved the old games for their story.

I might have to look up origins. Sounds like it would be neat to look into a little more.