Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No replys?
PostPosted: September 21st, 2006, 2:24 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hey all,
So I saw the thread for "post all translations here" but saw that no one seemed to be geting answers so I thought I'd just post a new thread to get some attention.
I need a translation of "if you know your enemy well enough you will pity them instead". I intend on getting a tat with said phrase and was also wondering if the following web site would provide an accurate transcription of an elvish phrase into elvish script. http://www.starchamber.com/paracelsus/e ... nutes.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2006, 11:46 am 

Part of the thing with no one getting translations is learning elvish is a long and difficult, and few take the time to do so, especially to such a level as they can translate the English into its Elvish rendering. I love the elvish language, but I don't have the time to be able to translate it, much as I would love to be able to do so.

And with regards to that web site, it look a bit suspect to me, elvish is far more complicated that that. It will give you a basci and rough translation of your name into the tengwar, but it is unlikely to be as accurate as it should be, and the symbols it displays are too rough.