Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this correct?
PostPosted: December 29th, 2006, 4:26 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hi! Sorry that my first post is a post asking for help but, I've been poking around and I would feel safer asking more experienced people for help with this.. (it's not something I would want to mess up with)

Is this correct? And above that, What language is it in? I was looking for it in Quenya but that looks like Tengwar to me, but I'm not very sure.

I would really appreciate the help since this is going to be a future tattoo on me

Btw, Being a fan of Rhapsody AND Christopher Lee and all.. I found a song called "The Magic of the Wizards Dream" ..with, Christopher Lee singing prominently in it. He has an amazing bass voice if anybody was curious. Just thought some may like a heads up if they haven't heard the song before since it sounds fantastically great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2006, 10:45 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Aiya Barinthus! :bye2:

There is no Quenya here in your post. The second and third lines of your image are the English words written using Tengwar symbols (in different modes). But I think there are mistakes in there.

The line has been translated into Quenya here (see 'Riddle of Strider') as "lá ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë".
And I have transliterated both the English and the Quenya into Tengwar:
(The only thing is, on the bottom line, second word, there should be two dots nestled in the curve of the tengwa for 'l' .... I couldn't get them to line up properly in my document! :blush: )

Hope that helps.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2007, 3:23 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Were you the one who did the Quenya translation? I've seen cases added to ya, but never pronominal endings!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2007, 11:26 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Nulómiel wrote:
Aiya Barinthus! :bye2:

There is no Quenya here in your post. The second and third lines of your image are the English words written using Tengwar symbols (in different modes). But I think there are mistakes in there.

The line has been translated into Quenya here (see 'Riddle of Strider') as "lá ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë".
And I have transliterated both the English and the Quenya into Tengwar:
(The only thing is, on the bottom line, second word, there should be two dots nestled in the curve of the tengwa for 'l' .... I couldn't get them to line up properly in my document! :blush: )

Hope that helps.

That helps fantastically! :D Do you mean the two dots should be below the second letter in the tengwar translation? Sorry, I'm pretty new at the lotr languages so I'm not very familar with it's accents.

Thank you so much for your translation but out of curiosity, What was weird with my translation? I'm noticing yours only took up one line while that took up two which I figured was odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2007, 11:28 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Tyrhael wrote:
Were you the one who did the Quenya translation? I've seen cases added to ya, but never pronominal endings!

Nono, I didn't. Someone else did though, I suppose it's a good thing I double checked to see if it was correct. :x