Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Now WE be the Master!!!
PostPosted: December 26th, 2013, 4:08 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

i had to share this as I have opened Christmas presents for almost all of my 45 years here on this earth now & this is first time I ever cried. Me & my daughter opened ours together & she got me a Hobbit calendar & Hobbit gel pen wich was cool & I knew if she got me something for Christmas it would be Tolkien related. But then she hands me a box & I opened it and there beyond any wish or desire I could have for a material Christmas gift was the One Ring! I couldn't help but start crying like a baby cause i love the story & the great teachings in it so much I was just moved in a great way. She was even taping me & had to stop cause she started crying lol Then she was like dad dont cry it's not like I spent a ton of money & I said it doesn't matter if it only costed 99 cents you just don't know how much it means to me.

So yes I am very thankful as I had a wonderful Christmas if there was no gifts but the One Ring made it one I will never forget. And yes precious we keeps it in our pocketses always :-D

If anybody else got anything Tolkien related please post!

Post subject: Re: Now WE be the Master!!!
PostPosted: January 1st, 2014, 12:08 am 
Istari
Istari

Awww, sweet daughter who knows what daddy likes :p
I got a notebook that looks exactly like the one Bilbo writes in the prologue of AUJ.
and Elenia copied out my favorite movie (and book) quotes into flashcards, so I have to guess who says the quotes, what chapter (or scene) stuff like that. I joked that it was An Unexpected Joy to get hobbits stuff.
And the best gift of all...my brothers sang popular Christmas songs Changing lyrics to fit the tune. They copied from Happy Hobbit, but I don't care!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 9th, 2014, 11:31 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Those flash cards are a great idea! I may make some because my daughter has trouble remembering who is who as she always gets the names Eowyn & Awren mixed up lol. And now that 2 Hobbit movies are out with so many more characters it makes it a bit harder. I may come up with something to help her learn the names using flash cards.
I am trying to get her to read the books as she likes to read as she read the Twilight books & Hunger games books a couple years ago but claims she's too busy with work to read LOTR or the Hobbit. I think if she read them that would help her on names.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2014, 10:12 am 
Istari
Istari

Yeah, my dad has trouble with the names, so my brothers and I use the flashcards, it's so funny!

Profile       WWW