Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A New Game Idea
PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 6:07 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I had and idea for a new LOTR/Hobbit game. It would be you guessing who an actor played while you post a photo of them from another show or movie. I was just curious to see if this was the right place and any interest any playing.

Post subject: Re: A New Game Idea
PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 4:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I am not %100 sure but I think most games in this section have to be approved by mods. (Or used to be)

As far as I know there is not a game like that but I could be wrong. Maybe try PMing a mod and see what they say? *shrugs*

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 7:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

There's no active mods atm and other users keep starting games that already exist in other threads. So I'd say go for it! :)

PostPosted: December 31st, 2015, 1:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

There are a few that log on but don't seem to do much. Maybe just check PMs. I don't know. Ea usually logs periodically. But yeah... They don't do much these days.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2015, 2:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

It's a shame there's not one about that often. I've only been on sporadically over the last few months, but it's really frustrating to see a ton of duplicative game threads being created for games that *do* already exist in active threads. There's so many off topic & posts without content being made all the time too.

Le sigh- I miss the good old days [/end rant]

Thranduil's game is super fun though :) Link

PostPosted: January 1st, 2016, 5:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I agree. A couple of us mentioned inbthe face book page about possibly getting a new mod who was active but all the main people for some reason don't think we need one. They said the current mods are just as active as the forum currently requires. *shrugs*

Cool. I will have to check it out.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2016, 6:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

They are active enough to clean up bugs and bots etc and keep the forum running in that way. But I think we really need someone reminding new members of the rules & enforcing where necessary too.

I've been so put off replying to threads over the last week, when I find someone has posted off topic or with what amounts to little more than 'yep I agree'. I feel tempted to say something, but then it just comes across as dickish from a normal user :/

I rarely check the FB so last plea for mods I saw was in relation to attempting to re-skin the forum & reboot the website, I think Lhunardien was still more active then too :) might be worth trying again?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 8:18 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I agree. I think it would be beneficial to have a more active mod as well. lol yeah, it is hard for a normal user to do it and I'll admit... with no mods around sometimes it is hard to remember. I find myself making short replies to some things without even thinking of it! :blush:

I have tried two or three times for more mods, a new skin and website re-boot, and other things.... always get a few members in agreement but what it boils down to is the current mods and the webmiss just don't have the time to mess with it... I can try posting again, but I've almost lost hope that we will get much attention from here on out.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 5:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

I ended up reporting one of two of the worst posts, because I thought that might get the message through in some way at least. Someone might pick up on it at some point!

I'm not sure re-skin and re-boot are *really* worthwhile, the site is very old fashioned as far as fan sites go, and I think even with a massive overhaul it won't draw that many new members. Fandoms now live and thrive on tumblr, and fansites are either massive with exclusive news content (TORN) or smaller fansite.org hosted pages with hi-res image galleries (Thorinoakenshield.net)

But it's a shame no one agrees about the mod issue.

Also I realise the irony of whining about OT posts whilst I am entirely responsible for high-jacking this thread and making it completely OT- Sorry!!!!

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 8:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I agree. The fan site world is going a new rout now days... I just wish it werent.

Lol haha we have got a bit off topic, huh? I think I will post about the mod issue once more in the facebook page. Who knows. *shrugs*

Anyways. Great game idea Thranduil! I will participate as able... Though you Will find I lack in extensive knowledge in this area.