Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Copied Autographs - what do you think?
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:46 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I recently posted a letter to Elijah Wood requesting an autograph, and i was pleased to receive 4 weeks later (I live in UK and the letter travelled to the US so thats quite good) an envelope with inside a picture of Elijah Wood and his signature on it! But... as i looked closer... to my dismay i saw that it had just been printed on, and the picture was in very poor condition, not due to the flight as it came over, the envelope was immaculate. i think that every few months ELijah should sign some pictures, so that they are all ready to be sent out if someone requests one. I was very unhappy with a "copied signature" I could have made my own easily. but i didn't. i wanted an original. What do you think ? do you think its appropriate that elijah shud let his agency print copies out of his autograph or do you think he should be more dedicated to his fans by signing a few himself every time he drops by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:53 am 
Elf
Elf

I think I would like a real signature over a copy, even if it would mean I'd have to wait for a year! But I can also see why that's undoable... That agency should have sent an unsigned good picture instead perhaps. Maybe that would be more satisfying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:55 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

yeh but still i mentioned in my letter to elijah... "I understand that you are a very busy man, so i am 'prepared to wait'". and i was!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:56 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

so you can imagine my excitement when i got a reply after just four weeks but then disapointed at the result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Will you write a complaint now? :) I'd love to hear what happens then!

Oh wait... I just noticed your avvie... Is that you with Elijah?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 8:45 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Yes! It was a birthday surprise, i went to New Zealand to the premier of Return of the king. wasn't intentional. but i have an uncle there who surprised me as he knew i was mad about LOTR's! I got an autograph then, but I just sent a letter to see if he remembered and requested an autograph to see what would arrive... well not what i expected! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 11:57 am 
Balrog
Balrog

the nerve of some people... copied autographs... an insult to fans!

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 12:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I don't like copied autographs... they're an insult for fans and shouldn't exist

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 3:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

i dont think they even read our letters. They just send some random autograph with no reply. I got a real one from Billy boyd tho - it even smudged in the post. Fresh!

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 8:58 pm 

Taking it from the other side, I suppose I understand why they do this (Sending out copied autographs)...I'm sure Elijah gets thousands of letters of fanmail everyday, so it's understandable when they have to stamp it on there. If you think about it, Elijah is probably a very busy guy and not having time to sign so many autographs. Oh well...I understand your disappointment. At least they could have signed it "So and So representative of Elijah wood" :p Because then it would be more accurate at least ;)

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 5:39 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

WilliamMoseleyLuver wrote:
i dont think they even read our letters. They just send some random autograph with no reply. I got a real one from Billy boyd tho - it even smudged in the post. Fresh!

thats good! well i recently sent a letter to him too, so maybe he'll do the same. i know they don't even read our letters. I sent a letter to Peter Jackson with a story i wrote, it wasn't a script, it wasn't a movie idea, it was just a funny short story that I had written for him to read and enjoy. but i got a reply from "wingnut" yes "wingnut" not "peter" that he could not read such material because it contained bits of lord of the rings. why didn't he write back and tel me that? grrrrrr. i don't think they even passed it on to him or even asked his advice, otherwise he would probably have written back apolpgising and explaining why he coudn't read it.

Last edited by Mrs_Elijah_baggins on March 30th, 2006, 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 5:41 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sidawethiel wrote:
Taking it from the other side, I suppose I understand why they do this (Sending out copied autographs)...I'm sure Elijah gets thousands of letters of fanmail everyday, so it's understandable when they have to stamp it on there. If you think about it, Elijah is probably a very busy guy and not having time to sign so many autographs. Oh well...I understand your disappointment. At least they could have signed it "So and So representative of Elijah wood" :p Because then it would be more accurate at least ;)

Yes well i suppose so, but if he signed a load before hand, then they'll be some ready to send out

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 5:54 am 
Elf
Elf

Mrs_Elijah_baggins wrote:
Yes! It was a birthday surprise, i went to New Zealand to the premier of Return of the king. wasn't intentional. but i have an uncle there who surprised me as he knew i was mad about LOTR's! I got an autograph then, but I just sent a letter to see if he remembered and requested an autograph to see what would arrive... well not what i expected! :(

I SO want to be you right now! :blink: :bounce: :blink: :bounce: :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 3:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Mrs_Elijah_baggins wrote:
WilliamMoseleyLuver wrote:

thats good! well i recently sent a letter to him too, so maybe he'll do the same. i know they don't even read our letters. I sent a letter to Peter Jackson with a story i wrote, it wasn't a script, it wasn't a movie idea, it was just a funny short story that I had written for him to read and enjoy. but i got a reply from "wingnut" yes "wingnut" not "peter" that he could not read such material because it contained bits of lord of the rings. why didn't he write back and tel me that? grrrrrr. i don't think they even passed it on to him or even asked his advice, otherwise he would probably have written back apolpgising and explaining why he coudn't read it.

I hope you do get one back! *will never write to PJ*

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 9:56 pm 

I am like an Elijah Wood stalker! Look at all my pictures!!
I'll be back soon. Oh yeah these were taken at different places/times. He knows my name now! Isn't that the coolest?!I have more, but I didn't upload them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2006, 10:06 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

dammit i hate how people do that!! it would be better if he didnt answer at all, but to send you a fake autograph ... thats horrible!! :annoyed:

Profile       WWW