Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you feel like the 'odd-one-out'?
yes, because I'm a Ringer! 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
yes, because I like different music than others! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
weeell, sometimes, not often though. 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
no, never!!! 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
yes because of both of the first two reasons! 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2006, 3:54 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

wow I didn't think there were so many who feel/are just like me. I feel so much better now, thank you. I always thought I was the only one and it made me feel really strange and bad..

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2006, 2:05 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
Quote:
I have always been the odd one out, even before i read LotR and watched the movies. I am just...different. It's nice! I get so sick of everyone being the same, likeing the same music and the same books and the same movies. I have always been different, my attitude is different, my likes and dislikes are different. Everything about me...and often other Ringers is different! We dont give two pellets about what people think of our fascination with LotR, we love it and often it's who we are. We live breathe and sleep LotR, if people have a problem with that, who cares! We are...Ringers, we are different.

As for the discussion part, i have no one whos willing to talk about LotR with me. My dad read FotR, but i dont talk to him about it. My friends are all like...bah it's old now get over it, come listen to some rap music with us. Thats the main reason i joined this forum, so i would have someone to talk to about LotR. I mean sure some of them are willing to talk about fantasy but usually they end up talking about boy friends, very annoying i can assure you.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. And I'm so sorry for your nasty fate :annoyed: I feel really annoyed to those ppl who dont (in our class for example) let others be who they are, but they pretend something they aren't. I like different music, well, lotr of course and I'm altogether now...different! But I don't socialize with ppl who don't accept me as who I am, myself. I don't want to pretend anything, so, if it's not okay for some ppl, then I'm alone. And I hate rap/hip-hop music... :(

"Being a Ring-bearer is to be alone!" remember that, Dark, we all bear our own Rings that are such a burden, but we have to fight against it, and face our doom: be alone.

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2006, 7:25 pm 

I'm exactly like you! :) I listen to classical music more than anything else, I hate rap, and of course I love LotR. I like how I'm different, though. It's kind of my own little thing, and I don't care about other people's opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2006, 3:56 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Yep. It's just I'm bored of listening to my friends talking somehow like this: "Wow, did you see that new make-up in Cosmopolitan?" and "Hey! You haven't got your make-up on! OMG!" and "Oh Daniel Radcliffe is So HOT!" and " Have you heard Black eyed peas's new song, i love it!" and "Harry potter...blaa...potter...dumbledore...mcgonagall...snape...voldemort...BLAA!" oh I'm so bored sometimes with them! :annoyed:

this is the only place where I can be myself, really.

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2006, 5:27 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^
exactly. I see talking people in my class talking about such unimportant things all day like omg I don't know what to buy next, but I really need this and this and this or omgmy make-up isn't perfect *shriek*... but when it gets to important things, ya know really important they aren't interested at all, but talk about the next party instead..

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 2:10 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

normally i get weird looks when i mention something about lotr or my fav music. its really annoying, and i always just look away. or go back to my reading. but thats only if my friends arent around, they're normally nicer.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2006, 3:43 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Ya I sometimes feel like the odd one out because I have no other ringer friends whatsoever :'( . I also like LOTR music and celtic more than pop music .So those are things I can't easily admit at school because we have so many snobby popular people. So I really like coming here cuz than I can just be myself along with all the other ringers :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 6:13 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Eärlinde Elensar wrote:
Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
Quote:
I have always been the odd one out, even before i read LotR and watched the movies. I am just...different. It's nice! I get so sick of everyone being the same, likeing the same music and the same books and the same movies. I have always been different, my attitude is different, my likes and dislikes are different. Everything about me...and often other Ringers is different! We dont give two pellets about what people think of our fascination with LotR, we love it and often it's who we are. We live breathe and sleep LotR, if people have a problem with that, who cares! We are...Ringers, we are different.

As for the discussion part, i have no one whos willing to talk about LotR with me. My dad read FotR, but i dont talk to him about it. My friends are all like...bah it's old now get over it, come listen to some rap music with us. Thats the main reason i joined this forum, so i would have someone to talk to about LotR. I mean sure some of them are willing to talk about fantasy but usually they end up talking about boy friends, very annoying i can assure you.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. And I'm so sorry for your nasty fate :annoyed: I feel really annoyed to those ppl who dont (in our class for example) let others be who they are, but they pretend something they aren't. I like different music, well, lotr of course and I'm altogether now...different! But I don't socialize with ppl who don't accept me as who I am, myself. I don't want to pretend anything, so, if it's not okay for some ppl, then I'm alone. And I hate rap/hip-hop music... :(

"Being a Ring-bearer is to be alone!" remember that, Dark, we all bear our own Rings that are such a burden, but we have to fight against it, and face our doom: be alone.

I feel pretty much like you do. I have always been different. I love classical music (as you, Earlinde), I believe in God and go to church every sunday (nobody in my class does!), I have my own views on things and I don't like most of the stuff that everybody likes. I am no party girl, I never drink alcohol, AND I love LotR, it's just: I'm not like all the other girls I know. I wouldn't call myself an outcast, I still have some friends who like me how I am, but I have no friend that I could tell everything I think and feel. I'm kinda used to it, it has always been that way, and I don't care anmore.

Perhaps that's why I can indentify with Frodo.

"Being a Ring-bearer is to be alone!" - it was interesting that you quoted that, Earlinde. I often think about that, too. But I don't consider it a burden to be different. In a way, I like not be be like everybody.

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 8:35 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well... not for any of thosse reasons. No one really talks to me though. I got 2 best friends, a boy and a girl, I tal to couple other people but.. Mostly I'm just the kid who like LotR, Pkemon, and listens to all those great movie soundtracks. ^^ But thats fe by me. I'm good, cuz my two best friends are awesome. Plus, I got alot of IM buddies if that counts.

solongandgoodnight<3.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 10:14 am 
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar

ForeverFrodo wrote:
I feel pretty much like you do. I have always been different. I love classical music (as you, Earlinde), I believe in God and go to church every sunday (nobody in my class does!), I have my own views on things and I don't like most of the stuff that everybody likes. I am no party girl, I never drink alcohol, AND I love LotR, it's just: I'm not like all the other girls I know. I wouldn't call myself an outcast, I still have some friends who like me how I am, but I have no friend that I could tell everything I think and feel. I'm kinda used to it, it has always been that way, and I don't care anmore.

Perhaps that's why I can indentify with Frodo.

"Being a Ring-bearer is to be alone!" - it was interesting that you quoted that, Earlinde. I often think about that, too. But I don't consider it a burden to be different. In a way, I like not be be like everybody.

Yep, that's me :D Everyone thinks I'm the "quiet nerdy girl" because I'm not a party animal. I'll give them the nerdy part, but I am by no means quiet (as anyone on this forum can attest :P). It's simply a matter of nobody taking the time to get to know me.

And like drewkid, a majority of my friends are people from this forum that I talk to on AIM a lot. Most of them are just acquaintances that I really enjoy talking to, but several of them (Pippin, Mrs. Gamgee, keyodie) I consider to be my best friends, even though we've never "met." I'd probably tell any of them more than I would most of my real-life friends (with the exceptions of BlueEyedGirl4God and hermioneismytwin), simply because most of the people I really "know" don't seem to care.

So...yeah. Yay for Ringbearers!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 12:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

w00t! I use the internet so much, because more people like what I like, like you guys and my other friends. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2006, 3:48 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'm a naturally strange person but I'm usually the odd one out because I'm quiet around large groups of people. When people get to know me they usually like me because I'm weird.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2006, 1:20 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thats me too. ^^ But most people dont know me... I can prove to be a rather shy person at times. Ecspecailly in large groups or around adults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2006, 9:06 am 
Ent
Ent

my friends think its really awkward that i like LOTR so much but they still love me. Most of the time when i talk about it they are just like OH MY GOD SAM but i keep on talking
and if someone gets something wrong about lOTR i correct them haha and people sometimes think its annoying
i am really glad there is something like a forum where all us Ringers can get toghether and talk about this stuff and LOTR and we can be open abouy our obsessions

hmm classical music is amazing but i also like rock/hip hop/country
i love all kinds of music im particularyly obsessed with The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack ( fromt he Original London Cast might i add) its gorgeous their singing and the music is amazing
i play the bassoon in the band not many people know what that is and often confise it with an oboe and they are totally different the only thing that is the same is that they are both "double reed instruments" yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 2:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

My friends get so annoyed with my Orli obsession^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2006, 11:52 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

the first two reasons kindof make me an outcast at school but my family and most of my friends like lotr just not as much as i do :explode:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next