Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lord of the Rings Musical!
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 9:08 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I'm really sorry; I'm sure someone has already made a thread about this. I'm not announcing this like it's new news or anything, so don't worry. I just wanted to give a little review of it!

I went and saw the musical a week or so ago in Toronto, and it was absolutely amazing!! The sets were really neat--the stage rotated, and it was divided up into different sections that could be raised and lowered, so it looked like Frodo and Sam were trekking miles and miles when they were essentially in the same place. Peter Howe, who played Sam, was a really wonderful actor (the scene in Shelob's Lair where he says "Don't go where I can't follow!" was heartbreaking), as was James Loye as Frodo. The Black Riders were really freaky, and the orcs were too (some were on bouncing stilts). There was a very energetic and lively dance scene in Bree (sounds strange, I know) where the hobbits and men do a dance to Frodo's "the cow jumped over the moon" song from the book. The choreography was excellent, as was the singing. The Elves' music had almost a Middle-Eastern feel to it; quite neat. I also loved the hobbits' scenes at the beginning. Before the show started, there were hobbits up on stage catching "fireflies" (nice special effects there) and doing all sorts of hobbity antics, plus some jolly little hobbit dance numbers. And of course I couldn't forget my favorite character, Gollum! Michael Therriault played him to perfection, really capturing a sort of perpetual froglike movement.

Soo, if you get a chance to go see the musical, jump on it!! It was spectacular!!! Plus, they sell some neat t-shirts and pins there (really expensive, though--I didn't get any) that would be wonderful for anyone's collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 9:19 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

*Cries* It's not coming to Alberta for at LEAST another 18 months! I want to see it so bad!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 9:53 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

ok what? Since when was the Musical coming to Alberta? Unless thats somewhere in Britain, after it's done in Toronto(September) it's opening in London(May of 2007) then it's either going to Los Angeles or New York, i dont think it's going to Alberta unless i'm thinking of a different place.

I saw it too, it was great, i got a poster, the Pewter Pendant and the round button. I wanted the Ring but didn't have enough money, if you look in the Clubs section theres a club for it...somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2006, 10:15 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Oh awesome, thanks! I'll definitely have to go to the clubs section. I got a poster too..I still have to put it up in my room or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 12:59 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*cries totally desperately and hopelessly* Maybe it won't come out ever here in Austria!!! *moves to america*

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 6:10 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
then it's either going to Los Angeles or New York, i dont think it's going to Alberta unless i'm thinking of a different place.

well that wouldn't suprise me. everything goes to New York these day. I live near New York but not close enough. my state only borders it. if it would come to Boston that would be nice, but i doubt it would though. nothing good ever comes here anymore. :annoyed2: :(

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 6:56 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Quote:
ok what? Since when was the Musical coming to Alberta? Unless thats somewhere in Britain, after it's done in Toronto(September) it's opening in London(May of 2007) then it's either going to Los Angeles or New York, i dont think it's going to Alberta unless i'm thinking of a different place.

:P I never said it WAS coming to Alberta (which is in Canada, the one i'm thinking of), I said it WASN'T for at least another 18 months. I guess it'll be longer than that. Oh well. It has to SOMETIME. Maybe by then I'll have the finances to pay for a ticket...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 2:04 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

o.O i really really want to see it!! i used to hate musicals but my mom recently took me and my sis to see Dr. Dolittle and it wasn't bad!! aww i really really really need 2 see it!!

Profile       WWW