Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another Quick Note
PostPosted: July 27th, 2005, 3:14 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey everyone. *waves meekly* Two thingies real quick here, if you don't mind. One has to do with the quick and crucial note of the Maeras. You know, Shadowfax's kind. And the second one has to do with...well, powers. It won't be anything excruciating, but it's just something to keep in mind...

I have noticed two or three people so far that have had their characters own one of the Maeras...whether it be Shadowfax's child, sibling, or whatever. Now I understand why many would choose one of these horses, as they are immortal and therefore a good forever-companion of the character, but after reading up on Shadowfax and his kind, it was said that the Maeras would allow NO ONE to own or ride them save the royalty of Rohan and all their descendants. The only account of that changing was when Shadowfax allowed Gandalf to ride him, and Gandalf was a Maiar. So the fact that there are a bunch of Elves out there that just randomly pick out one of these horses as their companions...well, let's just say it doesn't fit very well. Besides the fact that the Maeras are NOT very easy to pick out in the normal world, meaning that you don't just go strolling through Rohan or anywhere else and see them galloping around. Even Legolas couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Shadowfax the first time! And I'm not really trying to pinpoint anyone here, it's just caught my eye a few times, and I just wanted to quick say that it's not a very likely thing to happen.

That's all I wanted to say for that, and as for the second thing...well, I'm sure it's very easy to understand. On many profiles now I have noticed that there are a great deal of women that control some kind of element of sorts, such as air, fire, water, or whatever. And I just wanted to say...is that really realistic? Are there really a bunch of Elf girls running around controlling the elements of the earth like that without really any just reason for it? I mean, (for example) just because you are the daughter of Elrond doesn't mean you go running around controlling water, and just because you are the descendant of Galadriel or Luthien doesn't mean you go picking up the ability to use fire/air whenever you wish. The Valar do not just go around and give everyone those abilities, or there would be MAJOR catastrophe in the earth, don't you think? The Valar are the ultimate ones who control the elements of the earth, not random Elves here and there that just happen to (strangely enough) pick it up from somewhere. The only records of this happening are when Cirdan, Galadriel and Gil-Galad/Elrond picked up Vilya and Nenya, and those were Elven rings, not natural abilities.

So, as I said before, I DO NOT mean to stick a finger on anyone or sound hopelessly mean or anything. I'm just a hopeless critic expressing my measly little opinion, and you can go ahead and ignore this anytime you want. I am only here to speak when you want to hear. *dives under table*

~Mevie