Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Encouragement
PostPosted: August 1st, 2005, 11:31 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey guys! Mevie again. I got one last little note for you here, but it's not anything bad, believe me! :) Inspired by Ellethwen, I thought I might just quick clear something up about what I've been saying.

All of this is based around keeping things realistic right? Well, did you know that realistic things are all based around the question "why"? Yeah, it's true. If you have a good reason and explanation for why (for example) Marie can go and call the fairies to dance for her whenever she wants, it becomes realistic. What you DON'T want to do though, is give an explanation that is not realistic. Like, "well, Marie can call the fairies to dance for her because she was especially chosen by the head fairy to do such things". Then we're all like...whaa? :blink: Now why in the world would the head fairy do THAT?! Why not the other girl a few blocks down from you who loves fairies? You get what I mean?

Here is an example of something that is realistic. Someone descended from Galadriel has foresight. Totally could happen! Aragorn got HIS foresight from his lineage! Now...I'm not saying that we all need to go put on white dresses and run to Lothlorien saying we're Galadriel's daughters...but that's just an example. This, however, is NOT a good example. Someone has the power to control fire because she was descended from Feanor. Why is this not a good example? Well, because the question "why?" soon comes into play! Why was this girl able to control fire just because she was descended from Feanor? Feanor couldn't control fire, so how come she can?

Yeah, yeah, just a little drabble, I know. And I really don't mean to make anyone feel bad here, but this really is a little encourager. You don't need to feel like you're making your character a nothing! (not that you ARE making it a nothing) You just need to make it realistic, and also focus on the personality. The personality (for me, at least) is really what makes a fun character to RP with.

~Mevie

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 6:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

YAY!!!

I inspire someone! :bounce:

Lol, yeah people should get a bit more realistinc..I just realized how out-of-hand this was...

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 7:12 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Oh yeah. :-D You said it! After all, "YOU'RE THE INSPIRAAATION!!" hehe. Ever heard that song? I don't even know who it's by...but thanks for the inspiration anyway. :) I could use a little now and then, and I'm glad you thought the note was ok!