Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teh Darkheart[ed] Characters
PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 5:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

[font=Georgia, serif]Helloo, everyone. XD
Well, due to my awfulness at keeping track of bios and my increasing number of characters, this post is getting put up. Tis mostly for my [s]in[/s]sanity, but comments are most welcome. =D
Those coming soon shall be updated sometime in the hopefully-near future.

<center>Leona Kingston</center>

Full Name :: Leona 'Lee' Sola-Maire Kingston

Parents ::
# Roran 'Rory' Danyl Kingston [father] Unknown - 5th Febuary 1782;
# Henrietta Christine Kingston[[formerly Dunsmore]] [mother] Unknown - 5th Febuary 1782

Siblings ::
# Kera Elwyn Kingston - Kera would've celebrated her 345th human year two years ago, had she been alive. She was the eldest child in the family; an ambitious and restless soul that found comfort in the natural world, rather than the 'unpleasant, ugly scars on the earth' as she referred to the human cities.
13th June, 1662 - 5th Febuary, 1782
# Darien 'Dari' Samuel Kingston - The liveliest and middle child of the trio, Darien excelled in the more athletic of faery pursuits - combat training and endurance tests amused him most days, and he planned to take up a position protecting Faery society from the destructive path of the humans. He maintained that such work wouldn't change his full-of-life persona, instead insisting that a little violence would scare the humans off anyway he wouldn't have to do much. He appeared to lack in magical skill and the persistance to refine it; though this didn't matter, as his skills would only be second again a powerful faery sorcerer or sorceress.
30th October, 1733 - 5th Febuary, 1782

Date of Birth :: 27th November, 1771

Race :: Faery

Pictures ::
Leona
Leona 2
Leona 3
Leona 4
Leona 5
Leona 6

Hair Colour :: Very pale blonde

Eye Colour :: Light green

Occupation :: Low-ranking member of the Queen's court [[Subject to change]]

Magical Ability :: Moderate [[Subject to change]]

Weapons :: Long, slim twin daggers, forged by her hand for her hand. The hilts wrapped with coarse earthy wire, stained green and brown with age and wear, the blade itself it inscribed with the symbol for 'balance', something she continually strives to achieve; a futile attempt, perhaps.
During her disappearance after her parents' and siblings' deaths, she realised there would come a time when she'd have to protect herself and those she cared about -the latter to stop anymore heartache, the former because life is cruel and unrelenting.
She also has several other, smaller and more discrete, knives stashed conveniently about her person, 'just in case'.
Leona's swordfighting skills are miserable at best; bows and arrows lost their place many years ago and she sees guns and other human inventions a little too loud. More suited to stealth missions and subtlety, she stuck to the smallest weapon she could carry with her always. Magic aids some of her attacks, but even that is easily traced by a skilled professional, and would reveal her as what she is; the illusion she maintains if perferable.

Personality :: Leona is quiet, and has a great dislike for large crowds of people. She stays mostly to herself, not quite a loner, but preferring quiet conversation with a friend she knows well than a rowdy discussion thrown across a room from party to party. Her mood varies, and changes very abruptly; she has a fierce anger that she keeps locked beneath the surface, unleashing it only when the situation calls for it. She is rarely light-hearted, and has the idea in her head that the world is out to get her. She will seek revenge for years, hunting a single target until she has satisfied her bloodlust.
Guilt affects Leona in a peculiar way; if she has commited an act she deems wrong, she will leave whichever situation she is in and search for answers, meaning and absolution. Until she receives some sign of forgiveness - Kathryn, for instance - she will ignore all sophisticated civilization and live wild, seeking solitude, to be aloneas penance for what she has done - or siply what she thinks she has done.

History / Background :: Leona was brought up on a metaphorical battlefield. At the age of ten, her entire family were involved in a brutal accident that proved fatal for all of them: both her parents [Rory and Henrietta], and her two older siblings [Darien and Kera]. She lay crying by their bodies until they were found, at which point she point blank refused help from anyone who offered it. They were patient with her, for ten years is young for a human but younger for a faery. Her temper got the better of her, and the ground beneath her feet became singed and dry; life was draining from everything close to her, mimicking the despair she felt. The faery that came to assist paused, confused and unsure how to approach the situation. Before they had the slightest chance to react, Leona had run into the close woodland and disappeared, using the magic she'd been taught to cover most signs of her passing. Reluctant to pursue the child without any dominant skills in tracking, they visited London to report her missing. No search inquiry was filed.

For about thirty-seven years Leona was missing, moving from place to place without halting for anything but that which would enable her to move swiftly and sustain herself. The uninterrupted quiet nature of the places she haunted sharpened her senses; she could rival most of the commonplace feral creatures that meandered around the woodland and countryside she frequented. She spoke only to herself, and saw nothing but glimpses of humans and faery, both of whom she avoided like some kind of bad omen. The only thought that remained was the one that told her she needed to be alone to confront this part of herself; she listened, clinging to hope.

The time she spent away from every kind of city was relatively short, for a faery; fourty years was not half a century. Over ninety percent of all faeries lived to be over two centuries old. The amount of time she'd lived in the blink of an ethereal eye was plenty for her dark, self-loathing emotion to corrupt even the most innocuous thought. Soon she felt her heart blacken with what could've been poison, and knew she was truely alone, and nothing would change. Such a life filled with nothing but hurt would never comfort her in the way it did others. Forever she would look upon the faces of others and remember what she'd lost. Why is the world so cruel?

Running, in theory, did not help her. Thoughts would linger and ambush her attention sooner or later. In practise, however, things were slightly different. Her thudding heart beat a rhythm and some kind of purpose into her, an energy that kept her moving for hours. Moving made her feel better, the air that sped past her gave Leona a new lease of life, of sorts. Exile was never what she'd had in mind when she ran away, but it was what she'd become, and going back seemed... impossible.

On the outskirts of London, there was a greater risk of bumping into people. None knew her, for one missing ten-year-old faery was the least of anyone's worries, and even if they did remember - she had magic, and was perfectly capable of looking after herself. Mostly.

Leona's first meeting with Kathryn was born of a mistake - had she not stood to watch the hurried life of the city, she would've missed the faery entirely. The elder's appearance had stirred anger in Leona at first, then curiosity. In her solitude she'd forgotten the common graces of interaction with her own race, and had probably given the impression that she was as feral as some of the beasts around her. That didn't matter, though, because she didn't speak much; Kathryn's talk of revolution and change was enthralling, the difference she inspired in Leona with only a few sentences was incredible. For that Kathryn offered freely, Leona would've offered her limited services even if she had known beyond a doubt that is was false hope, just to feel that she could piece together the fragments of her past and forget. As it was, there was no way to tell, and Kathryn accepted help graciously.

From that day, Leona spent weeks talking with Kathryn about plans, plots and schemes, immersing herself completely in the vision they saw.
There was one compromise Kathryn would have her make, she said. Would she return to the world she'd left behind and watch their targets, evaluate risks and set in motion the plan to destroy the standing hierarchy? The whispered affirmatve was slightly breathless, for fear had gripped her: she'd agreed to return to the centre of faery civilization, that she'd neglected and hated for many years. It would take time for the impact of the sacrifice to hit her, and only then could she decide whether or not it was the right course to take. She'd given up worrying over the future countless years ago - it was the past that she agonized over.
Soon after, she had been introduced formally to the majority of Aladrae's court - and had now established herself as a quiet, slightly misunderstood character who preferred quiet conversation to loud, clamourous parties of people. Surprisingly, she found many respected this - with the exception of Aladrae herself, who saw fit to pry into her life without hesitation or merciful thought. Her life progressed without many outstanding events, and she soon faded into the background, as she was meant to. Plans could begin now.

For the future, Leona hopes to avenge what she has lost; believing that with this she would be able tor repair her fractured heart and heal her bloodstained soul.

Miscellaneous Notes :: Leona would like to think that she's stronger than most people, but in truth calling her spirit fragile would probably be more accurate. Above all she desires balance with a world that seems to hate her, and her alliegance lies with whichever person she feels can give her that.

Current Roleplay(s) :: Faerytale ~ A Rising Storm [[Subject to change]]

<center>The Crow and the Butterfly - Shinedown

I haven't slept in what seems like a century, and now I can barely breathe
Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you'd slip away
I guess I was just a little too late...

- - -
</center>

<center> [[Lysander - Coming Soon]]

[[Adrianna Hart - Coming Soon]]

[[Cameron Hart - Coming Soon]]

[[Lucius Nylander - Coming Soon]]

[[Alexander Marcus - Coming Soon]]

[[Dusk - Coming Soon]]

[[Casyre - Coming Soon]]

[[Erica - Coming Soon]]

[[Kaelee - Coming Soon]]

[[Dáire - Coming Soon]]

!NEW [[Adelaide Blackman - Coming Soon]]

!NEW [[Unnamed - Coming Soon]]</center>

Key, for want of a better word;
- A #dash infront of a name means the same as [deceased].
- [[subject to change]] - information may be altered in future.
[/font]

Last edited by Darkheart on November 7th, 2009, 4:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 5:20 pm 
Maia
Maia

<333

Whoo! :-D Awesome Leona bio, Meldy :-D I love how you've written Kathryn too. Much kudos, your efforts with the html coding have definitely paid off marvellously :notworthy:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject: Re: Teh Darkheart[ed] Characters
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 2:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Darkheart wrote:
[font=Georgia, serif]
<center>The Crow and the Butterfly - Shinedown
I haven't slept in what seems like a century, and now I can barely breathe
Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky
When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you'd slip away
I guess I was just a little too late...

- - -
</center>
[/font]

:swoon:
<3<3<3
shinedown<3
that makes me happy :D like this = :happy:

and that bio is awesomey *nod*
*runs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2009, 2:02 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Hey, I'm sorry to just interrupt, but I just wanted to know. The actress you chose as Leona's face, I recognize her. What exactly is her name?

Again, sorry for being so random. Great bio, btw! :) Thanks in advance.

~Eru

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2009, 1:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

^ Her name is Kaley Cuoco, if I remember correctly. :teehee:

Heh, random ish goood. And thankyou! :D

@ teh Ennocent: Ofc. :eyeroll: Shinedown are made of awesomeness.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2009, 4:22 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Thank you so much! ^^