Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tirelen Hentaurë (very detailed character bio!)
PostPosted: September 4th, 2005, 8:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Tirelen Hentaurë
(Tirelen- 'Watchful Star') (Hentaurë- 'Eye of the Forest')
Race: TELERI- Sindar
Date of Birth: 1000 years before The Rising of the Sun
PARENTS
Mother: Elentaurë ('Star of the Forest')
Father: Barathon ('Fiery One')
HERITAGE:
Tirelen’s mother was the daughter of Elmo, brother of King Thingol- making Tirelen the first cousin of Celeborn of Lórien. Her father was a captain among the Marchwardens of Doriath.
HERITAGE
Doriath (From birth to it’s destruction)
Lothlórien (Fled to the woods of the Silvan Elves, then stayed in Lórien until TA 3019)

BIO
Born in Doriath one thousand years before the Rising of the Sun, Tirelen grew up fascinated by stories of valour from her father and from the Sentinels who were his friends. Tirelen decided to become a Sentinel, protecting her beloved forest as a soldier even though she was of the royal line, becoming a Marchwarden after proving her valour in battle against Orcs that tried to invade Doriath on the outskirts of the Girdle of Melian, where there was less protection against intruders. For her service and in recognition of her prowess, Thingol gave her an unbreakable hunting blade, forged by the Dark Elf, Eöl. Tirelen carries it with her at all times, hidden in the folds of her garments.

Tirelen saw her parents killed in the invasion of Doriath by the Dwarves (in FA 502, after Thingol died and the Girdle of Melian disappeared). Only able to watch as they fell beneath the axes of the Naugrim, Tirelen has held a grudge against any and all Dwarves and regards them with suspicion and anger. When Doriath was finally destroyed by the Sons of Fëanor, Tirelen fled to the forested lands of the Silvan Elves, though Celeborn remained in Eregion. There, she retained her status as Marchwarden and always took the Eastern marches as her duty and when the peoples split apart in the second age, she chose to stay in the land of Lórien.

When Celeborn and Galadriel became Lord and Lady of Lórien, Tirelen was always in close counsel with him, being not only considered among the wise in Lórien, but also the two were like brother and sister, their bond forged ever closer by their mutual mourning for their beloved Doriath. Tirelen vowed to protect Lórien with her life and stayed on the Eastern March- the most dangerous, as it was on the edge of the forest and the land leading up to the River Anduin, just opposite the Hill of Sorcery (Dol Guldur), where the attacks from Orcs were most common and more vicious. All through her service Lórien, Tirelen was loved and respected by those under her command and they all knew of her kinship with Celeborn and King Thingol.

Two hundred years before the entrance of the Fellowship into Lórien, Tirelen was banished from Lórien after a fierce argument with Celeborn, after which he told her to get out of the forest and not return for one hundred years. Tirelen stayed in Rivendell for fifty years, staying with her distant cousin, Elrond and the High Elves of Imladris. Longing to see more of Middle-earth, however, she decided to travel to the Grey Havens and see the wide waters for herself, as she had heard many tales from Galadriel of the swan ships in the harbours and longed to see it with her own eyes. The sight of the Sea filled her heart with the dangerous sea-longing and awoke in her a conflict between the love of her beloved forest and the wish to sail to Valinor. When she finally went back to Lórien, Celeborn could see the change in her heart and begged her to stay, to not leave him alone, the last of his family on Middle-earth. Tirelen, who still suffered the conflicting desires between home and the Sea, agreed to stay, but from that day forth she could only look at the Great River with despair and longing, knowing that it lead straight to the Sea.

When the Host of Lórien went over the River Anduin to attack the tower of Dol Guldur, Tirelen lead her troops next to those of her cousin. At the end of the battle, just when victory had been declared, two surviving Orcs fired their arrows at Celeborn in revenge, but Tirelen’s sharp eye caught sight of the arrows as they sped towards her cousin and she leapt out and pushed him away, saving his life, but sacrificing her own. One arrow hit her in her stomach and the other in her right side. Tirelen died, cradled in her grief-stricken cousin’s arms, and was buried on the ground she fell on. Her last thoughts were only that she was glad not to have to choose… whether to stay in her beloved land and fade into nothingness, or to follow the ever-strengthening sea-longing and sail on a grey ship into the West.

APPEARANCE
Long wavy brown hair, tied in a long braid and coiled at the back of her head when on duty, otherwise left flowing free. Her dark hair was inherited from her father, as in the royal line of her mother, silver hair was more common. However, the waviness came from her mother, who was praised for her beautiful tresses. Tirelen had dark brown eyes that lightened to a golden colour when inflamed with powerful emotions such as anger, misery or love. She is slender by strong, in the usual way of the Eldar and very tall- just under 5’11.

In both her homes she wore the uniform of the Marchwardens when on duty, but when away from the march, her apparel was white and blue robes and a circlet of twined silver bearing a single blue (sapphire) star on her head.

WEAPONRY AND ARMOUR
Bow of the Sentinels of Doriath and a blade given to her by Thingol. The engraving on the blade is: ‘I AM THE LOYAL BLADE OF THE ROYAL WATCHER OF THE ELVEN-FOREST.’

Tirelen wore little in the way of armour, except when in battle, when she dons the silver armour of the Eldar, though she often went without a helmet, preferring to let her enemies see who has wrought their doom than to cover her face as if in shame.

PERSONALITY AND TRAITS
Tirelen was much like her father in temper, but also like her mother in having much wisdom. These traits often clashed and have caused her much pain. Strong, loyal and brave, Tirelen was ready to sacrifice her life to protect her home.

Tirelen was also slightly empathic, giving her the ability to understand the hearts of Elves under command. This has in turn made her a favourite among the Marchwardens and she was respected among the Eldar in Lórien. Tirelen was swift and sharp-eyed- very little escaped her notice.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2005, 8:29 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Naughty me, double posting, I know. But I have to give a little extra explanation of this updated character of mine...

This is the probably over-detailed but still beloved character of mine that I have created as a template. The default storyline is that she died, but for RPs I can change around details etc.

I *very naughtily* slipped her into the royal line of Doriath and made her cousin to Celeborn by adding just two extra characters... I didn't want her to just be an average schmo but I've made her not all powerful royalty blah blah.

Just had to explain that this character is changeable for any RPGs I join! :)

A picture I found online is a basic example of what she is supposed to look like:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Tirithiel/LOTR/Characters/Tirithiel2.jpg
[url][/url]

Profile       WWW