Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Minara, Scourge of the Sea
PostPosted: December 16th, 2005, 11:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(BOREDOM REIGNS!!!!! *mustwritemustwritemustwrite*lol)

The name's Minara, I don't know my last name, never have, probably never will. I gained a new one, and I personally think it's better than most, but that's just me. 'Scourge o' th' Sea' they call me now, but you'll learn about that later....

I was born of noble blood, but my father and mother abondoned me, needing a male child instead, caring only for their selfish inheritance and not their flesh and blood. I was left in the street, meant to die or live, depending on my lot in life. An old beggar lady found me, an herbalist and healer, and took me in, caring for me and loving me when my own parents would not.
She raised me, teaching me all she knew, including the arts of thievery and pickpocketing. As I grew I kept my dark red hair long and free, instead of braided, like most girls my age did. My skin was pale, and I had a few freckles on my face, but they faded after a while. But my eyes have always been a piercing ice-blue.
I grew rather proficient in the arts I was taught, if I do say so m'self, and soon became the best thief in town, bringing home my profit to her. But she died when I was twelve, another that left me to fend for myself. So I went to the blacksmith, hoping for work, and he deigned to teach me swordplay.
From then on I taught myself other things, such as the knife, hook, dirk, and mainly the whip. It is a formidable eapon, if used properly, and I mastered it with enjoyment. I was around 17 when a group of pirates docked in in the bay, and of course I'd heard that treasure came with pirates, so I decided to check it out.....
The captain caught me in his personal chamber, fondling the jewels in a trunk of his. But instead of punishing me, he laughed, and for a while there I thought him insane. After a while he stopped laughing and managed to say that he could use a thief like me, considering that I was the first to find his secret stash of treasures. Knowing I had nothing better t'do with my life and was hunted anyway, I joined him on his ship as cabin girl, since the last cabin boy had been killed while tending to a cannon.
I learned the ways of the sea and the ship, and was promoted along the way, as members of the crew died in varous battles and as I showed my prowess with the sword and the whip. When I was twenty I became first mate, second only to the captain. But an old enemy, on the same ship, hidden and unknown, turned on the captain, killing him, the third one to die who cared for me. In turn I killed the man easily and without remorse, slitting his throat and shoving him into the sea for the sharks.
Surprisingly, the crew voted me as their new captain, despite the aversion to women seafarers. They were more loyal than most pirate crews, but had their fights now and then, of course.
Me and the crew took a ship one day, newly made and painted a deep scarlet, with beautiful black sails. I had thought of a new flag, one with a blood-red background and a black skull, with twin, crossed black bullwhips behind it, since I used them most often in combat. I renamed the ship 'Seascourge', and kept the one I already had, it's name being 'Wavelash'. I now had two ships under my command, set my best friend, who ahd formerly been my first mate, to be co captain of the first ship, I taking the 'Seascourge' as my main ship, it also happening to be my favorite. Time passed and I gained another ship, renaming this one 'Whipspray'.
When I was 25 I went to the King of Spain, requesting a privateership, but I sent my first co-captain, to recieve it and speak as though it was he who was requesting the note ofauthority. When that was done, I sent my other ship's captain to the King of France, and gained a privateership from there as well. Soon after that I sent my first mate to England and gained the same thing from the English Queen Elizabeth. My first mate's name was Francis Drake, later known as 'Sir'.
When on my first ship, I preyed upon English and French vessels, when on my thrid ship I preyed upon English and Spanish vessels, and when on my favorite ship I preyed upon French and Spanish vessels, switching the flags whenever neccessary. The only time I showed myself was when I preyed upon other pirates, then I was known as Minara, Scourge of the Sea and feared by all who set foot on a ship....
My life is not a happy one, for I have lost everything I ever cared about, not to mention the only people I ever cared about. My only true friend and love was lost in a battle against a French Navy ship, slashed through the heart by the man I would've called my father, had he not abandoned me.....
Twice he killed my soul, and now I live only to see my flesh and blood dead, as he once did the same for me.....

(Wow.... Very longish....lol)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not die, but have everlasting Life. ~John 3:16~

~The Mercenary A-U Gentlewoman~

Last edited by Luinnar on December 18th, 2005, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 3:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hey, long is ok.

Likes! Very goog. Like the history, it's a good setting for the character in my opinion. :)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2005, 8:03 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

YAYness... *is happy*lol

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not die, but have everlasting Life. ~John 3:16~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 9:40 pm 
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar

lol I find it interesting that you should mention Francis Drake...I'm related to him somehow...I think he was like my great, great, great, great, great, great uncle or something...I have the papers somewhere :confused:...anyway, I love that little tidbit, because I can always tell people that I have Pirate in my blood :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2005, 10:26 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

lol, That's awesome.... I'm related to the nobles of Scotland, which were related to Mary Queen of Scotts, who is related to Queen Elizebeth.... I think...lol *shrugs* I'm probably wrong.... But it's neat...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 7:24 am 

Good story again Luinnar. Reference to Francis Drake is cool. And your right, it is longish. But my new charrie is going to beat that in length.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 11:29 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Oooooooh awesome! O_O .... You're characters are such... lost... sad... people... lol. Nothing beats the length of my character ^^

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 11:45 am 

Which of your characters can't I beat in length Silm? And how long is the aforementioned character bio?

Last edited by Darrell on December 19th, 2005, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 11:48 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Umm... let's see... Silmarwen herself... plus I have 32 pages of her story in my computer ^^ and 42 on paper, but I didn't put all of it on the site here

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 11:52 am 

ok. maybe i can't beat that. That's very long. My new characters bio is 3 and a half pages long at the moment. But i did miss you lots of details, because i wrote it or the forum. I could make it longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 12:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

lol yeah, I'm addicted to writing character stories ^^ I try to be as different as possible... lol

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 12:13 pm 

This is my first one. It'll be up here soon. I finished his history last night. all i need is a little elvish translation and then its good to go. And I'm designing an RP or him. with some luck and good planning it should be a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 12:17 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Oooh cool. Name translations or phrases and such? I have several really good sites if you need them.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 12:32 pm 

Any help is greatfully accepted. The sites would be great, cos i want him up as soon as possible and then i can focus on the RP i'm creating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 12:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Alrighty then ^^

This is a genuine name generator, true to the elven langauge, and simple to use:

http://myth-drannor.net/DlabraddathNet/z-Cormanthyr/Name%20generator.htm

And these are sites which have translations for common phrases and such:

http://www.wayoftheelves.zoomshare.com/1.html

http://groups.msn.com/MirkwoodForest/elvishphrases.msnw

http://www.guywinters.com/rachel/elvish.htm

This one is pretty much my favorite to use:
http://www.geocities.com/hobbits_live5/learnelvish.html

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2005, 1:32 pm 

Thanks Silm. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next