Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 11:56 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama could see the colour drain from her face at the sight of Wulgov. It weighed heavy on him as well.

"Wait here my love, I'll see what I can do."

He went to the wagon that was two behind theirs, and he talked to the driver. When they were finished, Dunhama looked grim. He went to the wagon behind theirs, and after a long talk with the driver, he agreed to drive their wagon. Dunhama quickly left, and went to the back nearly out of sight from the wagon. He took Athilda's hand as he passed them and led her back and stood by a wagon. He said,

"Let us wait here for a moment until they change drivers. I could only get him one wagon back, but he wont be driving our wagon.

He caressed her cheek with his finger and smiled. He didn't let it show, but he could tell there was something about Wugov that seemed to get to her. Even now she watched him as the drivers changed. Dunhama watched her face and when she turned to him, he smiled and kissed her hand and said,

"I love thee Lady Athilda. I am a blessed man to be able to soon call you wife."

He looked at Kano as he rode forth, and he said,

"Come Athilda, I think Gaelrin wants to see Sandy."

They walked back toward their wagon, passing Wulgov who was now sitting on the wagon behind theirs.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 9:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda watched as Dunhama walked back to the wagons and spoke with their drivers. After a rejection from the farthest driver, she began to get nervous. What if no one was willing to drive them?
Athilda took in a breath, but smiled as Dunhama approached her and took her by the hand and led her away.
"Thank you, my love."
She spoke softly as she watched Wulgov dismount and walk-with a slight limp-to the wagon just behind theirs. As Wulgov climbed in and sat down, Athilda looked up at Dunhama and smiled, but her mind was preoccupied.
"Dunhama..."
She began to say before Kano road up to them.
"Aye, I'm sure you are looking forward to it, Gaelrin."
Athilda addressed Gaelrin as they passed by the wagon where Wulgov sat perched on his bench. Her eyes shifted ever so slightly to where he sat, for she wanted to see how he fared, but their eyes met and locked.
A breath escaped her lips as his eyes bore into hers and for a long moment, she felt as though she was being drawn to him. The sound of Gaelrin's voice brought her back to reality and finally Athilda shifted her gaze to Gaelrin who was now smiling broadly at the sight of her horse.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 8:41 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled at the reunion of Gaelrin and Sandy, and Grihias found an apple that had seen better days and fed it to Sandy, who was most grateful for the snack. Dunhama checked the good in teh wagon, and prepared a place for Gaelrin to lay. Grihias would sit up with the driver, and there was room for Athilda and Dunhama toward the back of the wagon. The only unsettling thing was they had Wulgov on the next wagon watching them. Dunhama should have gone to some of the wagons ahead of theirs and asked the drivers to change, but it was done, and they would have to do their best to ignore him. He looked to Athlida and said,

"My love, I long to be wed to you, and though it be only a day or two away, I hope it is one worthy of your beauty and stature."

He set his hand gently to her cheek and she leaned into his palm, her hand taking his and he looked into her beautiful eyes.

(OOC: Thought I'd keep this going while Jax is away)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 9:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Sorry for my lack of activity... the outdoor projects have been piled up with dentist appointments after work and a weekend trip planned this coming Friday evening. Pluss we have had critters gettig our chickens so many nights as of late I have been sitting out with a gun and flashlight watching. )

Kano smiled as Gaelrin thanked him. "It's the least I can do... I know your pain and would be a fool not to offer my aid."

They made their way to the wagon and he was glad to see Gaelrin happy as she lay eyes on her horse.

"She seems happy to see you," Kano said, observing Sandy's reaction to Gaelrin.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 10:11 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: Good idea! :) //No worries, friend! Life can get busy sometimes. )

Gaelrin smiled and let out a small laugh as she watched Sandy eagerly eat the snack that her brother had given her. Tears began to form as Sandy trotted towards Sage, and with an outstretched hand, Gaelrin rubbed her horses' mane and neck. As she rubbed her horse, Gaelrin spoke.
"Aye, she and I have been through many trials together."
--------------------------------------------------

Athilda looked up into Dunhama's deep, caring eyes and smiled. She was completely and utterly in love with this man; no other man could ever hold her heart. Athilda felt her heart flutter as Dunhama rested his hand on her cheek. She longed for nothing more than to be his wife, to be bound to him for life.
Her eyes began to sparkle as she thought about their future together, and as she rested her hand on his, she spoke quietly so only he could hear.
"All I wish is to be wed to you, with our friends by our side." She paused for a moment, then brought up her other hand to rest it on his chest.
"I love thee, Dunhama, with all my heart."

PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 6:21 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama took Athilda's lips to his and kissed her long. It was only interrupted with the call that the caravan was starting to move. It gave Dunhama an idea. He brushed Athilda's face and smiled before going and getting up on their wagon. He said to the driver who had a hood down over their face to ward off the bright sun.

"Pull our wagon off to the side here. We will wait to join the line."

The driver nodded without question and they rode the wagon off and out of the way. They had not finished getting everyone settled. Wulgov moved his wagon forward, and as they started to move, he looked over at Dunhama as Athilda, Kano, and Gaelrin rode over to where the wagon now was. Dunhama said,

"I thank thee for this. We will ready ourselves and fall in line soon."

Again the driver nodded, but they looked to him, and Dunhama could see a fair young face in the shadows of the hood. He paused for a moment, then got down. He said to the others,

"I wonder if it would be all right for Gaelrin to ride Sandy? What do you think Athilda, will her ankle be able to take the strain?"

Grihias was settled in the wagon, and Dunhama wanted nothing more than to get to Edoras. But he wanted to be away from Wulgov, and if that meant they were last in line, so be it. They were ready.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano brought Sage up to stop beside the wagon and looked back at Gaelrin. He was sure she would be excited but he could still see sadness in her eyes. She looked as though she were about to cry. The pain was all fresh, though... he knew this. He wished there was some way to help but knew of nothing.

"I'm sure Sandy would love to have you back on her," Kano said in agreement with Dunham.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 8:13 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda was still mesmerized by Dunhama's kiss as she and her friends walked to the side to wait as the line of wagons began to slowly make their way back to Edoras. Athilda noticed a joy return to Gaelrin's eyes as Kano rode up to Sandy, but it was quickly followed by deep sorrow. She crossed behind Dunhama and walked over to Gaelrin and gently inspected her ankle. After a moment, she looked up at Gaelrin and held her hand in front of her to block the rays of the sun.
"Your ankles seem to be doing much better, however, I would not advise you to ride at a full gallop with Sandy."
Athilda saw the girls' face fall at the news, but she gently placed a hand on her leg and smiled up at her.
"But I think it would be good for you to ride so that you can gain extra strength."
At this news, Gaelrin beamed and nodded, then glanced over to Dunhama and her brother as Athilda asked Dunhama for help.
"Will you help her down and onto her horse?"

PostPosted: April 26th, 2017, 1:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano road up closer to sandy and let them help Gaelrin down and onto the horse. He looked ahead as the caravans moved on. He barely knew Edoras as "Home" but he looked forward to returning all the same.

After Gaelrin was on the horse he waited for everyone to get situated.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 6:12 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama helped Gaelrin down off Sage and over to Sandy who was without kit. Gaelrim used her hands and arms on Sandy's mane and mounted up barfeback. Her feet were free of stirrup pressure, and she had good control of her legs, so she felt comfortable on her hore. Sandy, even though tethered to the wagon, seemed happy to have Gaelrin on her again. Grihias sat on the wagon and smiled for the first time Dunhama remembered. It warmed Dunhama's heart to see! He looked to Kan and then to Athilda, and he lifted her up by her hips and sat her on the wagon. Dunhama quickly joined her and they sat at the back, their legs hanging over, and he slid his arm around Athilda's waist and held on to her as the wagon was waved into lone. They were about ten wagons behind Wulgov's, and this was good. Dunhama didn't want to see his uncle, but he thought about maybe having him attend their wedding. He looked back and Sandy followed the wagon with Gaelrin, and Kano and Sage walked along side. Dunhama turned to Athilda and said,

"M'lady Athilda, what do you think of Wulgov. I want to know. He is unnerving I know, but he is my uncle, and he is the only connection, however ill, to any family I have. Do you think we sould invite him to our wedding?"

He saw her look to the ground that passed by their feet, and ponder her thoughts. Dunhama turned his gaze away and looked at Gaelrin's face and seeing the joy in it. This would help her heal.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 5:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

As Dunhama lifted her onto the back of the wagon, Athilda couldn't help but smile as she thought of the joy that was to come once they reached Edoras. She would become Dunhama's wife. The thought made her heart soar and it was sent further up as she felt his hand slide around her waist. She rested one hand gently on his leg, just above the knee, then firmly planted the other one on the bottom of the wagon for stability as the driver took his place in line.
"Finally."
She said quietly as she watched the Keep grow slowly farther away, but as Dunhama spoke, Athilda looked up at him and the smile began to fade at the topic.
"I..."She uttered, then glanced down at the ground beneath them as she gathered her thoughts.
Should she tell Dunhama how his uncle made her feel....or rather, how she felt an unappeasable desire to know his thoughts and help him? Athilda sighed, then glanced up at Dunhama with a hint of shame in her eyes.
"Dunhama, I love thee...with every part of my soul but....I fear that whenever I am around your uncle...I become...enchanted by him, and I begin to grow curious about him."
She watched nervously as he glanced down at the ground, then quickly added.
"This...curiosity is not love, but rather....I feel the need to help him, for it seems as though he's never had any help before...from anyone."
She looked intensely into Dunhamas eyes, then brought her hand up to rest gently on his stubbly cheek.
"To answer your question...I feel that perhaps...well, I feel conflicted. But he is your uncle, and I do not want to separate you from your...only family. It is up to you, my love."

PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 5:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As the wagon rolled slowly along and Sage plodded rythmaticlly beside Sandy Kano began to feel his body relax and it was as if he was releaved of a great stress. He had not realized how tense just the very place of Helms deep had made him. All he knew of that place was war, death, and suffering.

He looked around at his new compainions. When he left Edoras he knew no one. Now there was Dunham, Athilda, Gaelrin, and Grihias. They all seemed like fine people indeed. He was happy to be traveling back with them.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 7:48 pm 
Ent
Ent

Upon mounting, Gaelrin felt her heart swell with newfound hope and comfort, and once she and her new friends joined the line, she felt at ease in knowing that soon they would be going home. Yes, she and her brother would have to start a new life, but with the help of her new friends, she felt that it would not be so bad.
She had been riding for a while before she looked over at Kano and noticed his change in demeanor. It was as if something was lifted off him.
"You look well, sir."
She said kindly.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2017, 5:50 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"We just won't call Wulgov my uncle. Should he be somehow there in a role of work, he will be there."

Dunhama said to Athilda as he held to her. He smiled, for he was so in love with Athilda. He looked over and nucged Athilda to look over at Kan and Gaelrin. He said,

"She looks happy riding again. But we know that the sorrows of losing ones parents, well, in my case, mother, is hard to deal with."

He leaned into Athilda and kissed her neck through her hair.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 29th, 2017, 7:23 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda looked at Dunhama in surprise.
"You...you're not..?"
Athilda voice trailed off as she felt him gently squeeze her. She knew that he loved her, and as she revealed to him before, she loved him, with all her being. She looked over at Gaelrin and Kano with compassion.
"Aye, they both look very happy. But alas, we will be there for them when sorrow strikes them again."
She then glanced up at Dunhama and kissed him fully on the lips.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The caravan was making good time back, and as the wagons and riders went, they could see the destruction that had happened when they were attacked on the road to Helms Deep. A wagon that had gone ahead ot them had stopped and the people had retrieved something from a broken wagon, and it was looking to return to the line. Dunhama saw that it was driven by Wulgov, and he quickly turned and said to their driver,

"Let them in front of us. I don't want him behind us."

The mysterious driver they had didn't speak but nodded their hooded head. With their pause, Wulgov brought his wagon in line with a wave. Dunhama sat back down next to Athilda and gave her back a gentle rub. He said,

"I think we'll be there by the time sun sets."

They rolled along for a time when some riders came with some horses. One paused and rode up by Gaelrin and Sandy, then Kan and Sage. He then looked at Dunhama on the back of the wagon.

"You there, Dunhama of the Breach! You are a King's Rider now. This will be your horse! Its former Rider fell on the way to Helms Deep. Her name is Saerle, and may she serve you well. Now come! You are needed, and you can come as well Kano if you can handle the swift ride. We must ride ahead and scout."

And just as fast as the wind had blown by through Athilda's hair, Dunhama had to say farewell. He leaned to Athilda and said,

"Bitter is this parting for I wished to be with you all the way back. I will await thee my love, and will greet thee with my love once you arrive."

He kissed Athilda and then mounted the dark brown mare who seemed pleased to have someone riding her again. He started but turned back... maybe Athilda could ride with him? She would need to get Meduseld ready for the arrival of Lady Eowyn... he looked back at her, and he saw Wulgov looking back at her as well....

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 45  Next