Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets RP!
PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 11:19 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Nostariel watched from her new position behind the log as another arrow swooshed past Linnadhiel's face. Instantly, she fixed her gaze on the path the missile had taken and nearly choked in surprise.
Could it really be?
Linnadhiel's bow sang just as Nostariel called out to her.
"Stop!" But it was too late! A sickening thud announced the accuracy of the shot and Nostariel flew from her hiding place towards the fallen figure.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 11:53 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

As her second arrow left her fingertips, Nostariel yelled out. "Stop!" she screamed. It was too late. Linnadhiel heard the arrow hit flesh. She gasped, turning to Nostariel. She saw the pain on her face. Who had she hit? What had she done?
"I'm sorry…" Linnadhiel whispered. She still wasn't sure. Had she hit a friend? Obviously Nostariel got a glimpse of the one she hit. She ran at Nostariel's heel, head down.

{ Sorry, took a while to post because I kept refreshing the page, and didn't notice the second page. Derp :3 }

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 12:47 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Eh, no problem. :) )

"Ruscien! Ruscien, answer me!" Nostariel nearly collapsed on top of the fallen body. Clutching the elf to her chest, she rocked him back and forth, tears flowing down her cheeks. She heard a faint noise behind her and turned to see Linnadhiel standing there, her head down.
"My cousin, what will I tell Uncle?" It was in that instant she saw the mark, the blood had all but washed it away, yet a corner still peeked out of the crimson liquid: a red eye...the eye of Sauron. Hastily turning Ruscien over, she noted the black shafted arrows in his quiver.
"What?"

Last edited by Zirakzigil on August 10th, 2011, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 4:54 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

It was an elf. Nostariel friend, or relation. The tears...they were too much. Linnadhiel turned away in shame. It was her who had killed this man, this innocent man who was dearly loved. She sniffed. A tear ran down her own cheek. "I'm so sorry…"

"What?" Linnadhiel heard Nostariel exclaim. She whipped her own head around, drying her own tears. "What is-" She cut herself off. Could it be...the eye of Sauron? But he was dead, long dead. Those black arrows too...no elf would be carrying them. And he was shooting to accurately at her that he must have seen her. No elf would blatantly try to kill another.

Linnadhiel knelt down and squeezed Nostariel's shoulder. "I'm...so sorry." she whispered for the third time. But not for his death. For his corruption.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 7:23 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

She heard the apology, but Nostariel was too deep in the shock of the discovery to say anything. How could Ruscien bare the sign of Sauron when the dreaded dark lord had been destroyed many years ago? She looked at the disgusting emblem on his breastplate again. There was something different...off about the symbol, the eye was yellow not red.
What could that mean?
"...sorry." The words registered this time, and she turned her head to look at Linnadhiel. Scrambling to her feet, she placed a trembling hand on the messenger's shoulder.
"It is not your fault, he was dead to me the moment he put on the armor of the enemy." Pulling a ring off of Ruscien's left hand, Nostariel pocketed the band and then walked towards her other companions.

(Hehe, that's a bit long, sorry. :blush: )

Last edited by Zirakzigil on August 10th, 2011, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 8:32 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"What happened?" Eleniel ran there. Then she suddenly stopped. It was an elf!" What happened?" she asked again. She knelt beside the dead elf. Eleniel looked at the place where the elf was shot, then gasped, and jumped up pale.
"Sauron's eye..."she whispered.

"If i were a knight of Rohan, i'd be capable of great deeds... but i'm not. I'm just a hobbit."-Merry

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 7:37 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

( Morning! No, Neniel, your post wasn't long at all. I used to RP with someone who would post three or four giant paragraphs every time. :I )

Linnadhiel returned the side hug from Nostariel, and nodded to Eleniel. "He was corrupted by that armour. He tried to kill us." She sighed. What a waste of a beautiful life.

But Nostariel's name was still bugging her. Was it coincidence? Or was she really related to the famous Legolas, one of the Nine Companions of the Ring?

So she moved out of the embrace, and asked quietly, "Begging your pardon, but your name...it has been bugging me. Are you perhaps related in any way to Legolas, one of the Nine?" Linnadhiel hoped it was not a bad time to ask.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 12:43 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Confession: this is my very first time RPing! I thought it would be a whole lot harder, but being a fanfic writer, it's surprisingly easy. It's like writing a joint story with several different authors and not knowing where the tale will lead. :) )

Swiping the tears away, Nostariel focused on the question, desperate for any diversion.
"Legolas is my father. This is...was my cousin, my mother's brother's son--" It was too soon, jerking her face away from the dead figure, she headed off in the direction of....Nostariel didn't know where she was going. Just anywhere to be away from the blood, the dear face, the eyes.
Why? Wasn't my love enough? Wasn't service to my father enough?
"We were to be married." The words sounded toneless, even in her own ears.
"Come. Let us return to camp." Before anything else happens, she finished the sentence in her head.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 3:07 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Sorry, i won't be able to write for two weeks now :'-( , but i don't want to get out of this, so one of you could take over my character while i'm away... )

Eleniel stood there shocked. An elf join to the enemy! This was terrible! Poor Nostariel... Eleniel just didn't know what to think. Why would someone join the enemy after Sauron was destroyed? Didn't the war end? Or was this just the beginning?...

"If i were a knight of Rohan, i'd be capable of great deeds... but i'm not. I'm just a hobbit."-Merry

PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 5:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys! This rp looks really good. Would you mind if I joined? xx

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 10:32 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

( Neniel: I'm surprised this is your first RP! You're doing wonderfully :D
Elanor: I'm afraid I won't be able to take over your character. Assessments are due soon for school and I've barely had enough time to post for one character :/
Naerwen: Go ahead and make a profile and start! I'd love someone else to join :D )

Linnadhiel gulped. She would try to remember from now on not to mention family. But she spoke of a camp.
"Is your camp anywhere near Minas Tirith? I have a message for the King of Gondor from King Eomer of Rohan," explained Linnadhiel. Then she remembered…"Alata!" she exclaimed, running back to where she left the horse.

"Sorry, my dear. There was a fight. I met some other elves, dear, you'll like them," whispered Linnadhiel reassuringly in her ear, trying to calm her. She wasn't showing her fear in an obvious way, but she was shaking, and her heartbeat had quickened. Linnadhiel gently led her back to the other elves with her voice.

Last edited by Eruraina Thenidiel on August 12th, 2011, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 5:24 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Thank you! Forgive me if I'm a little rusty)

Name: Naerwen Dorthonion
Race: Elf
Description: Long, straight brown hair that flows down to the base of her back. Her hair around her face tends to curl in towards her face. She has sharp green eyes. On an everyday basis she wears neutral coloured clothing, i.e creams, browns, greens. On a special occasion she would be wearing a mid-length, elegant, white dress that has an intricate swirling design running down it.
Weapons: Depends really. She has two twin blades. A dagger hidden in her boot, but most of the time she would be using her bow and arrows. Her arrows are made from willow with white tails.
Family: No relevant family
Companions: As yet a white horse named Albus.

After Sauron was defeated, Aragorn, King of Gondor, rebuilt the city of Osgiliath. King Aragorn had set up troops to destroy the remaining orcs and alliances of Sauron. One troop had been set at Osgiliath to keep a watch on the river.

Naerwen paced the bridge with ease, glancing in opposite directions with each change of direction. Her keen eyes stared off into the distance. Nothing. It had been a long time before anything had been seen travelling the river. Wait! What was that? She looked to the right a large ship was coming along the river. It was flying black sails. Naerwen, without hesitation took out her bow and notched an arrow into place, as did several others of the guard. They watched in silence as it drew closer.

Whooosh! Arrows reigned down upon the guard. They answered back with a vengeance. There was squeals of agony as the enemy was felled. Naerwen could see men and orcs upon the boats. More arrows came from the boat. Two whizzed by Naerwen narrowly scratching her cheek and shoulder.

Naerwen was ordered to return to Minas Tirith with the news of the boat and the warning that more could be on there way. Naerwen rushed down to the stables. Albus was already saddled, she mounted him and started her journey to Minas Tirith. She travelled through the nearby forests to avoid being seen and ambushed.

(Sorry for the long post. Seems I got carried away :blush: )

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 4:55 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Eh, no prob, Naerwen, glad to see another person interested in playing!)
Eru: :notworthy: Thanks! :blush: I have a question: how is Eowyn queen of Rohan when she is living with her husband as Princess of Ithilien? Isn't Eomer king of Rohan along with his wife? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.
Eleanor: I'll at least try to bring your character along with us, but I make no promises; I'm pretty forgetful. :erm:

Nostariel tried to stuff the pain deep inside of her where no one could see it.

"Yes, the camp is in Ithilien. We should be there by nightfall. We should head to Minas Tirith, I am certain King Aragorn will want to hear of...this." Looking Linnadhiel straight in the face she added, "You are welcome to camp with us as well." She gave a low whistle and a grey mare appeared along with her two stablemates.

"Narylfiel." She murmured to her mount before swiftly pulling herself onto the horse's back.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 5:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Thanks again guys for letting me join)

Last edited by Naerwen on August 13th, 2011, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 8:42 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

( Neiniel: Oh...crap. Really? Stupid Wikipedia was wrong. I'm sticking with the LotR wiki from now on. Thanks for pointing that out :) )

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 9:14 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(No problem, Eru! :) You have no idea how many times I say something that's off. I did that tonight saying an actor was on a tv show episode when he was actually on a different episode. No worries ;-) )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next