Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 4:06 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel stood up and was about to go retrieve the water when she saw the bloodstain on Dawn's nightgown. Her eyes widened as she looked at Dawn with concern, but relaxed a bit when she revealed that she was not hurt. But if it wasn't hers, whose was it?
Their eyes met, and seeing the invitation, Mariel sat back down and began to ask about what happened.
"Dawn, I do not mean to pry, but....well, it is not often that women come into taverns or inns wearing only their nightclothes and a simple woolen cloak to cover them. May I ask what it is you were running from?"
Mariel then quickly added, as if to comfort her.
"I too am on the run, so your words are safe with me. I promise I won't tell anyone."

PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 8:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The old man looked up as Caila spoke.

"Thank you," he said with his toothy smile. "It seems I may have to stay longer than I anticipated. I have some business in the midgwater but I need some help to accomplish the task. It looks like I may be waiting on that help for a while." He reached in his pocket and handed her a few coins. "To retain my room and pay for meals. If more is needed at any point just let me know. For now a cup of coffee would do me good until noon."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 8:18 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn looked over to Marion as she sat down next to her. Taking her hand, Dawn squeezed it as she tried to hold back tears.
“I may have killed a man…. In Bree…. I don’t know. He attacked me in my room after I had gone to bed. I stuck my dagger into him and he rolled off me, and I scrambled to get up. He was starting to stand again so I climbed out the window. I was only able to grab this pouch and cloak. I left everything else behind. I got on my horse and rode away as fast as I could.”
Dawn was shaking as the thought of it returned. She knew it would not be long before someone arrived here looking for her. She looked over to Marion and asked,
“Would you know where I could get some clothing that would be more suited to travel and to wear in public”
Dawn didn’t wish to burden Marion, so maybe she will ask the innkeepers.
(Sorry for the delay. Had some power issues the last day ah home. I’m trying to use my phone here at work to post this)

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila smiled at the glazier as she went back to the bar… coughy? What is coughy? Is that what that brown dirt is that was leaking from that bag out back? How is it made? Being an innkeeper, she should know these things. Caila fumbled around with some of it and worked out that a cloth over a cup with some of the brown dirt in it, and hot water poured over it made a dark, aromatic hot drink. She would have to try some of this as the scent was invigorating. She carried the cup out to him and said,

”Here you go sir. I hope I made it correctly, for I have no experience with this drink.”

Caila hoped it was all right.

(Had some power and telcomm issues too. Hopefully it's all sorted now. Where are you at Deumeawyn?)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn BThe Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 9:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The old man accepted the cup with a smile and his thanks. He took a sip and nodded as the burning sensation traveled down his throat.

"Not bad for a first time making a brew," he told her. "Double the grounds and it'll be 'bout right." he said with a wink.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 9:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel gasped as Dawn told her what happened to her, then she gently squeezed her hand and rubbed her arm.
"Dawn, I am so sorry for what happened to you."
She furrowed her brows in concern then nodded.
"Aye, you may take one of my gowns. It is not very elaborately decorated, but it is warm."
She then stood up and crossed to the closet where her gowns were hanging. Once she opened the door, she pulled out a beautiful yellow gown and turned around then handed it to Dawn.
"Here. I think this will match beautifully with your eyes."
She smiled, then glanced over to the door as she heard the old man and one of the sisters speak.
"If you'll excuse me, Dawn, I just need to step out and speak with a few people. Then if you'd like, I can return. Or if not, you can rest. "
Mariel dipped her head and walked out of the room. She carefully closed the door then made her way back out to the common room and sat down next to the glazier.
"Good sir....I wish to keep my promise to help you on your quest....but...there is a woman in need of assistance, for she is frightened. Perhaps we could make room in our journey for one more?"

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The old man looked up from his cup of coffee and closed eyes as he was letting the hot steam float over his face, smelling the aroma. There stood Mariel.

"Aye," he said with a smile. "I can not hold you back from one in need. All the years I've waited, a little longer won't hurt. As for her coming along, that certainly would not be any trouble to me. If she wishes to join us she is more than welcome."

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel smiled at the old man and nodded.
"Thank you, sir. I will not keep you waiting longer than a day. I promise you this."
She was about to turn and make her way towards the entrance when she noticed something in the distance. Her brows furrowed and her smile faded as she walked towards the window, staring out into the distance. As she squinted her eyes, she could see that it was a group of people a top the hill, and they did not look like mere travelers. Her heart dropped at the prospect of who it might be, then she turned away from the window and looked at the glazier.
"It appears that there may be more people to arrive here. I hope they do not cause us any trouble."

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The old man nodded and smiled. "Not a problem. I've got to finish enjoying this fine cup of coffee anyways!" He chuckled and lifted the cup back to his lips. With a deep breath in he took another sip.

Out in the country side around the in Calypso was hunting... not for your typical prey, however. She was hunting spiders. They were not ready to delve into the ruins but she had heard that the spiders tended to have a weak spot in their exoskeleton and decided while they waited she would just have to find that weak spot. Besides... fighting spiders sounded fun and she was getting bored at the inn.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 11:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

--
“Thank you”
Dawn said as Marion left the room. Dawn stood up and let the tattered bloody nightdress fall to her ankles. She fitted the nice yellow dress and could feel its warmth. She then tore off a sleeve of the nightdress and tied it around her waist, and pulled another strip from it and tied back her long dark hair into a single tail. At least she looked a bit more… respectable. With her head feeling clearer, she thought she would not impose any more on Marion, and so she gathered up the remains of her nightdress and she left the room.

Coming into the common room, Dawn made straight for the fire and she threw the nightdress into it. The fire quickly flared up and consumed the light silk and soon burned back down. Dawn stared at the fire and her mind rushed about thinking of Bree, and Tharbad and Edoras before. She was a long way from home now, but she did not think this to be far enough. She blinked and turned to look about the inn. Marion stood and talked with an old man, and the others who had been there were now gone. And there appeared to be only one innkeeper. She took a breath and thought about going out to see her horse. But for now, she sat on the hearth, feeling the warmth of the fire.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 5:42 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"What sort of job...?" Lwelyn asked. Durian looked at the young man and smiled. He asked Lwelyn,

"Two questions sir. What do you know about horses? And what do you know of the two sisters who run this place? The job I have is for someone to tend to my horse Stormer for the next day or two. Just feed her, water her, and walk her around some. She has a couple days of rest coming until her foot heals."

The second thing he would want the young man to do he still had to think about, for his plan had not yet come to fruition in his own mind. He may have to go off with Mariel on her adventure and get back to this upon his return. He looked about and saw some men on horses standing on a rise watching the inn. It looked like they were coming to the inn.

(Edited to fix coding mistakes)

Last edited by Hanasian on March 31st, 2017, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 11:56 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel glanced up as she saw Dawn walk into the common room and smirked as the woman threw her soiled nightgown into the fireplace. She sighed, then stood up and addressed the glazier again before turning to go find Durian.
"Sir, I will return shortly to you. I just need to see to my...friend."
She blushed slightly as she mentioned Durian, then nodded at the old man and walked away.
She found Durian speaking to a young man just outside the door; as she waited for the two to come to a good stopping point, Mariel stared at the group of people who stood on the hill top.
Who were they? And why were they here? Were they the ones chasing Dawn....or could it be that her husband sent them after her?
She let out a nervous breath then glanced back down at Durian, who was waiting for the young man to respond. She decided that this couldn't wait any longer.
"Excuse me for interrupting, but may I speak with you in private, Durian?"
She waited for the young man to take a few paces from them, then she stood close to Durian.
"Forgive me for intruding, but....I must go with the glazier to the ruins soon...otherwise he may pass on from this life. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but...Durian, I wish for you to come with me on this quest. For I had a vision and....well...I'm just a bit...nervous about it. Will you come?"

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 8:33 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian said to Lwelyn after Mariel came to him to urgently speak,

"You think about it for a bit while I talk to M... Marion here."

She said,

""Forgive me for intruding, but....I must go with the glazier to the ruins soon...otherwise he may pass on from this life. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but...Durian, I wish for you to come with me on this quest. For I had a vision and....well...I'm just a bit...nervous about it. Will you come?"

Durian thought for a moment and after looking back at the inn door, the road to Bree, and the mounted riders on the hill, he said,

"M'Lady, as we spoke in the bedroom, I will come with you anywhere you feel the need to....go. If however the need for haste is critical for the old man, then I will only be able to go by foot. I can't heal Stormer any faster than two days, and then I will have to check her foot to see how it is healing before I burden her on a ride."

He looked over her beautiful features as the sun fell on them and he took her hand. Looking deep into her eyes, he said,

"Should it need be that you have to go with the old man to fulfill your vision before my horse is healed, know that I will be not far behind you."

~ ~ ~

Caila smiled when the glazier said it was a respectable cup. This was something new and she would try to get it right. She said to him,

"Twice as much. I will try that next time. I didn't know how much to use. Thank you for the advice on this... coughy."

She went to check the stew that she had managed to cobble together and when she returned from the kitchen, The blonde from #8 was talking intensely with the glazier, and the dark-haired woman who was sick, had come down and burned her clothes in the fire. That gown Caila had noted, was fairly expensive, and it was curious that she had arrived in such a state. What made her sister take advantage of her? Caila made another two cups of coughy as she watched. The blonde went outside looking like she had much on her mind. Didn't she say that she and this woman had worked together at a tavern somewhere? Caila took the two cups of coughy with her as she went to the fireplace. The woman turned from watching the flames and looked up at her. Caila said,

"I am glad you are feeling better. My sister took to giving you a drink that she had made. I am sorry. Now I know you may not trust drinks from me, but the old man there says this ...coughy ... is good. I have yet to try any myself. Would you like to have a cup with me? And... if you are not off somewhere, would you like a job?"

Caila was hoping she could get one of the two women to work for her, for it was doubtful her sister would return any time soon, and she would be hard pressed to manage this inn all by herself.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:47 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn smiled as Caila sat by her offering coffee. She had heard of it and even seen it made once at the mrket in Edoras. A trader had come from the south with it. She took the cup and smelled it and said,
“Thank you.”
She sipped it and set the cup down to cool. But Dawn swallowed when Caila offered her a job. She had never worked in an inn. She looked around the room in hopes Marion was there to help her, but she was nowhere to be seen. She was not talking to the old man anymore. She swallowed again and said,
“Um… I don’t know how long I will be able to stay here. I… I could help you out until I have to leave.”
Dawn picked up the cup of coffee and sipped more of it. She could work here for now. But she wanted to talk with her friend Marion before agreeing…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 5:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The old man nodded. "Certainly." As the young women got up to go seek out her friend he looked around the inn. The place had certainly come to life in the past few days. He sipped his coffee and and breathed in slowly as he began to hum a near silent tune.

Out in the Calypso had finished having her fun with the spiders and satisfactorily discovered an easy to hit soft spot between the plates on the spider's exoskeleton in the spiders abdomen. She was on her way back when she spotted a large group of men on horseback looking towards the inn. She decided she would watch and wait to see what these men were there for.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 9:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel gazed deeply into Durian's eyes, and for a brief moment before she spoke, she felt her heart begin to slowly lower her walls to love again. For although she had only met this man, she could tell by the gleam in his eyes that he was not like any man he'd ever met. He was kind and noble, yet adventurous and strong.
"Aye, I must go quickly sire, for I know not how long this glazier has. I will always look back with the hopes that you are near. "
She smiled then squeezed his hands gently and turned to go back inside.
"Glazier, I am ready to leave whenever you see fit. I have only a dagger and my bag, but I will do my best to help you find the music."
She smiled as she picked up her bag from the floor, but as she moved it to her shoulder, the coins and stolen loot shifted and made a noise. Mariels' eyes widened, but she quickly cleared her throat and walked towards towards the door. Her gaze met Durians, but then they shifted up to the hill.
The strangers were moving closer to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next