Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"You are welcome, love," Micha replied with a smile. He followed her around to the back of the tent where the young girl was working.

The young girl seemed surprised by their appearance but not scared. "I... uh.." she seemed quite uncertain about the idea. "That's very kind of you both, but I would really hate to intrude. I generally just grab something small at the inn after work."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet chuckled, "It would be no trouble. Like a thank you for the knife. It is just gorgeous work," she insisted, hoping that she would agree, "I mean, right after you finish work, of course. We will be inside, alright? Just think about it,"

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 5:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Well, thank you," she said. She smiled and looked down. "I am pleased you liked the dagger." She toted with her hot iron that sat burried under glowing coals. "If you are still there when I finish this piece, I would be glad for the company at supper."

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 10:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled at her gently, "Thank you, milady," she bowed to her and turned to walk towards the Inn with Micha. Brinley was waiting for them by the road and took up stride beside Sygnet.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 12:11 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Well, I guess you will have plenty of time to hear some of Marl's stories while we wait for her to finish," Micha said as they walked. Brinley joined them shortly and they entered the Inn. "Marl," Micha called out to the man as he tended to some stew on the stove. "Mind telling some stories?" he chuckled.

"Me?" Marl asked. "Why... you know I can't turn down offering a good narrative! Let me finish this stew and I'll be right out with warm food and something to drink for everyone."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 12:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled and went to go find a table in the corner. She sat down beside Brinley, who waited quietly until he was addressed.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 2:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

A short while later Marl came over with their food and drink and took a seat beside them. "So you want more tales of adventure huh? I tell you... the stories I could tell. Most of them true!" He winked and laughed.

"You've had an alw or two, haven't you?" Micha asked.

Marl just chuckled and started serving the food.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 5:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

"What kind of story-teller would be be without a mug of ale?!" she raised her own mug and drank to him.

"Tell me, my good sir, do you have any battle scars?" she asked, digging into her meal.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 6:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Battle scars?" Marl started.

"Now you've got him going," Micha told Sygnet with a smile as he took a bite of his own food.

Marl continued. "Even when I was a small boy I would dreamed of adventure. At just seven years old I snuck away from home and followed the army when they went off to battle. Of course my mother was quite cross about that! Father didn't mind so much, he said he did the same thing as a young boy." Marl chuckled. "My first battle, I had snuck off yet again and got too close while watching. The enemy saw me and came after me! Of course I had been practicing sword play since two years old... father saw to that." Marl paused and gave a thoughtful look. "I miss that man," he said with a soft sigh. Then he cleared his throat. "Anyways, thankfully one of our soldiers noticed me too and came to help. I fought side by side that man! I earned mu first kill in battle as well as my first scar. A throwing knife in my left torso."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:15 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled and laughed along with his story but her smile faded as he mentioned his father. Then it returned at the mention of his first kill, "A wondrous story, my friend! Micha, what about your first scar?" she asked curiously.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Marl looked at Micha with a disapproving scowl. "You mean you've been married to this fine young lass for... how long? Yet she doesn't even know how you got your first battle scar?"

Micha sighed and shook his head. "No... I haven't ever told her." He didn't seem quite as fond of telling such a tale as Marl, though he didn't mind at all listening. "I suppose it was when I was rather young," he said, looking over to Sygnet now. "When the raiders attacked my village and..." his mind trailed off again like it had when they first came to town. He shook his head a bit and continued. "I had hid under a building and it was burning."

Marl looked at him intently. The man had never even heard how Micha had got a start in adventuring. That was a tale very few had heard.

"The burning boards fell on me," Micha continued. "I guess one must have splintered. Something stabbed into the left side of my back." He reached around and touched the spot on his back where the stab and burn mark still faintly remained. "After that I crawled out, fearing the entire house would collapse on me. Fortunately all but a few stragglers of the raiding party had moved on already. I was able to avoid most of them. The only one I had to fight ended up stabbing me in the shoulder." His face almost cringed as if he could remember the pain. "Instead of back away, I stepped forward... stabbing the blade deeper and through my shoulder. I knew it was the only way I would beat him. I took that moment to stab him in the heart."

His eyes had drifted to the table, but turned up to look Sygnet in the eyes. "I still have the blade he left in my shoulder," he told her as he placed a hand on the sword that hung on his side. "I took it and went hunting bandits, goblins, and pillagers for revenge. Using their own blade against them." He smiled and let out a deep breath. "Of course you know the rest of the story." He smiled at Sygnet.

"No..." Marl broke in. "I don't actually."

Micha looked at him with a friendly glare. "I was talking to my wife." He stressed the last word.

Marl just laughed.

Shortly after the door to the inn opened and the young girl from the weapons shop walked in.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 1:22 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled at patted his hand gently, letting him know that she was there for him. She knew it was hard but stories and scars only make you stronger. She believed them to be like a story etched into the skin.

She turned as the girl entered and waved her over. There was an open seat beside Brinley, "Thank you for joining us," she smiled at the girl warmly.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 7:18 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The young girl headed over to the table and took a seat by Brinley.

"Evening Esmerelda," Marl greeted her. "I didn't realize you all knew eachother. Should I get you the usual?"

Esmerelda started to answer, "Yes ple-" but stopped herself. "On secons thought why don't I just have what you all are having... minus the ale." She smilled and tossed Marl a few coins.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 12:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled as she sat down, "Good evening, milady. I am glad to see you here," then she remembered, "How could I forget? My name is Sygnet and this is Brinley." She pointed to the young boy, "Esmeralda is a gorgeous name," she smiled at her again.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 2:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Thank you," Esmerelda said, smiling slightly at the compliment. She nodded politely to Brinley. "Hello."

"I'm Micha," Micha introduced himself.

Esmerelda nodded. "Thank you all for inviting. I don't know too many people around here to visit with."

A short moment later Marl came back with her food and a large cup of water.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 2:22 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Esmeralda, have you lived here all your live?" she asked curiously, taking a bite of her food. Brinley sat quietly, eating his own meal and staring at his plate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 77  Next