Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Forsaken Inn
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 1:13 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

*the tag is gone and if you were are a member that used the tag.. we can still be here! so state your charrie and jump in!

~The Beloved A-U Gentlewoman ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 1:14 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I am Lonannuniel of Nurnen

*Walks in to the Inn and looks around seeing noone she sits down, awaiting her friends.. if they come*

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 5:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lanie walked in with her cloke around her tight. she nodded twards lona. she walked of to her. " it's good to see you here friend." she said with a smiled

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 7:16 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"nods to Lanie* It is nice to see a smiling face in times like these

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 8:45 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

[I'll be playing Gothien, whom I believe you're already familiar with. :P Her bio is on the same page as all my other characters'. The link is in my sig.]

Gothien cursed inwardly as she made her way downstairs to the main room of the Inn. It was a cold morning, and the wooden boards of the floor were icy cold to her bare toes. Gritting her teeth, she tiptoed into the main room. Catching sight of Lonann, she smiled slightly and called out in a quiet voice, "Good morning, m'lady."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 10:04 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lanie's eyes shot twards Gothien (lanie and gothien don't like each other much. lol yay for twists!) she frowned when she saw her. " yes well it seems like i am the only one that wants to fix these times and make everything right again....insted of stulking around complaining all the time." when Lanie said that last bit she looked twards Gothien once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2007, 10:59 pm 

The Forsaken Inn was actually a small hamlet, where stood the buildings of the tavern, the inn, the stables, and the barn. Nearby were several homesteads, belonging to the people who served the inn and the stables. In recent years, a blacksmith had built his shop nearby. So also, soon came a wainwright, to repair the wagons and carts that now began to travel the roads with goods and people. It was not as large as the communities of Breeland, not might it ever be, this nameless little village - but travelers and wayfarers all knew this place as simply, The Inn. And to many, who either lived and worked, or lived and traveled, it was also Home.

So it was indeed, to one rider in particular, who even now, in the cold morning air had been riding nearby, seeing the lay of the land and the roads nearby. The rider paused, reining his mount up as he crested the small ridge overlooking the bend on the Road that turned west, towards Bree and Staddle.From here, one could see the Inn and its hamlet, lying below, smoke curling from chimneys in the cold; to the west, the Road ran like a ribbon through the barren lands. North and south of the Road, ran wild fields and downs, far as the eye could see.

Once, in ancient times, these were living lands, full of cattle and game, farms and homesteads. And will be so, once again, now the King has returned, the rider thought. He was utterly certain of this conviction, moreso because he was one of those who would help bring it all about. For the rider on horseback was a Dunadan, a Ranger of the Reunited Kingdom, pledged for that very mission, to labor long in the restoration of the lands and the dominion of the West.

Satisfied with the view of the lands in his charge, the rider spurred the great horse on towards the Inn.

The horse, a great bay horse of sturdy strength and endurance, was named Morindal.

And the Ranger was named Halrohir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 12:15 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lonann sits in the Inn watchig people from all over friends from long ago or recent enter ans exsit the Inn..it is pleasing ot see so many faces.. but one she misses.. If only her Halrohir could come..

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 7:27 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gothien's eyes flickered towards Lanie and she frowned, but, as usual, she remained silent. She had met this woman several times before and had not taken a liking to her, no matter how hard she tried. Easy for her to bring down all us lowly folk... she thought, gritting her teeth. She made her way over to the counter and began preparing a large pot of tea for anyone who might need it.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 10:22 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

*Looks out the window. the day is cool but bright and there is a small breeze from the north. *

A Nice day for a ride

*but this seems too much for he day seeing that she rode yesterday for along time. so instead she makes her way up to her room. Walking up the stairs and making her way to the first room on the right. Opening the door trying not to wake Esgal, the wolf pup.
The room is still with a small fire on the opposing wall. The oil lamp on the small table and chair by the window, and a rug on the floor that seems to take up the space from the door to the table.
Walking to the corner of the room that she calls “hers” and taking up her gear and both swords. After doing so she makes her way back downstairs to have a sip of tea before heading out*

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 1:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

((hey guys i'm gonna have to back outta the RP i have so many other Rps to keep up with))

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 2:03 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

((its alright nin mellon! you will be missed *smiles*))

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 4:57 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

[Awww, cya Rae! *waves*]

Gothien finished making the tea and carefully brought a cup over to the fire, where she proceded to sit down, sighing contendedly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2007, 8:51 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

(haha, i'l be my charrie Dark, shes an oldiesh...)

Dark entered the Inn, her eyes slowly adjusting to the flickering light. She walked over to an empty table and sat down, stretching out her long legs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2007, 10:16 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

*Lonann looks aruond and sees Dark there*

Suilaid

*nods from her chair and than gets up. Walking to the wndow*
*she looks out hoping her Fiance would come home to her.sofly speeking out the window and her words breath on the frosted Glass*

Melon le Rana, im habo meleth nin..
Ea tennoio i tennoio.
Im tolo na le tenn' ambar-metta
nuvan nin dis ea tennoio
Melon i Mellon

Lu eru

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2007, 10:18 pm 

Halrohir rode Morindal to the stables, making certain that he rode in full view of the windows of the Inn and the tavern. If someone was watching his approach, they would be sure to see him.

The stables were managed by hands who were willing and expert in the care of animals. There was fodder and water in plenty, and the stalls were as clean as could be expected. Halrohir unsaddled his old friend, and stowed tack and harness away for another day's ride. Satisfied of the work, he took the contents of the saddlebags and stowed them into a pack that he hefted.

"You did well today, old friend", Halrohir said to Morindal, "and tomorrow we shall rest here - no more abroad for at least a day. You found every bump and hollow in the North, I think - and you laugh at me for it, I know you." He tossled the great horse's mane playfully. "Rest well, great one."

Halrohir walked slowly back to the Inn door, sore from the long ride, more than he wanted to admit to himself. But it was still worth it, for both the contents of the saddlebag he bore with him - and the news from his meeting up with Galafin, the captain of the Rangers in this region.

The door to the Inn opened for him, and Halrohir stood briefly silhouetted against the daylight in the dark of the hall - a tall figure, cloaked in dark green and brown; booted, and girt with sword and dagger; his hood cast back, his dark eyes looking round the hall at the friends there, hoping to find one pair of bottle-green eyes that looks only for him...