Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: The Westfolde
PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 10:15 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I have never seen a Westfolde RP before and I thought I would like to start one. So here it goes.
:-D Plot
Basically it’s in Westfolde Rohan ten years after the ring was destroyed everything is back to normal and peaceful. Then down the line the Westfolde is informed of a rebellion in Edoras and the threat of a usurper. It will come down to this, you must decide if your character will fight against the rebels or sit back passively hoping it will end. OR your character can join the rebellion. Your choice.
Backround
It had been ten years since the war of the ring, Gondor had a king and Rohan was prosperous again. The Westfolde was rebuilt and resettled once again the center of the horse herds and the best riders. The last of the orc’s in Rohan had been tracked down and killed once again the borders were safe.
Nestled on the tallest hill in the Westfolde nearest the village was a hall built with great polished timbers and thatched with golden straw. Unscarred by the fires of the orcs, it was imposing and enchanting. Built in the time of Eorl it’s beauty and splendor was only rivaled by the Golden hall of Edoras. Known as the Westfolde Hall it had become the crown jewel on the western lands of Rohan.
The village down below was teeming with life, adorned with permanent homesteads and several nomadic campsites. Two smaller Halls were present as well one occupied and the other was vacant, abandoned after the fires. Several horse herds roamed in the nearby lands and the ding of hammer on metal was constantly present. It was a peaceful village with plenty of activity to keep everyone busy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules
1. No godmodding without permission
2. Please keep one sentences to a minimum, they irritate me to no end.
3. Romance is allowed.
4. No elves, Hobbits and no dwarves it won’t fit in with the Rohirric culture. Gondorians are allowed. No magic users.
5. For female players: Shield Maidens are allowed but I would like to have a few domestic women as well but it’s entirely up to you.
6. I try to post often but I do have primitive internet so sometimes it might be a few days before I post again. I try and warn you if I will be out of town. Please if you can do the same.
7. Have Fun, and if any questions PM me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my characters
Name: Deawen (shadow Maiden)
Nationality: Rohirric
Appearance: Fair skinned, copper auburn hair, and sharp blue eyes. Slender build and very short only 5ft tall.
Heritage: Sole Daughter of the Lord of the Westfolde Hall, only surviving heir.
Spouse: Lord Sen
Children: Eodred, Cadvan, and Midira.
Attitude: Moodily quiet and wary of strangers.
History: Heiress to the Westfolde Hall and her father’s horse herd, Deawen grew up rather spoiled but normally doesn’t act spoiled. Her mother died when Deawen was young and her father became distant and let his daughter, immerse herself into the ways of the Shield Maiden. She was forced to become a Handmaiden, along side her best friend Morwen. Her father died when she was 18 and Deawen left the Westfolde to fight in the war of the ring, leaving her lands in the care of her father’s steward. She met Sen during a skirmish and became fast friends and eventually fell in love with him. When she was 22 She was married to Sen and they settled back into the Westfolde to rebuild the village.

Name: Eodred and Cadvan
Heritage: Eodred: Eldest of identical twins Son of Lord Sen and Lady Deawen. Cadvan: younger twin.
Appearance: Built like their father but with their grandfather’s loud booming voice. Reddish hair and piercing blue eyes. Tall for their age.
Attitude: Tend to be carefree and hard working. But Eodred shows more of his mother’s moodiness.

Name: Midira
Heritage: Youngest Daughter of Lord Sen and Lady Deawen.
Appearance: built exactly like her mother, she is like her mother in mind and body.
Attitude: Quiet and sometimes moody but loves to smile and laugh like her father. Is very attached to her Mother but loves her father just as much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deawen leaned against a pillar in the great hall of the Westfolde Hall. She was placid and quiet. She had a feeling the dawn’s calm breaking was only an illusion, behind those rays of bursting rays lay a promise of a busy day. It was another sleepless night for her, just a week before the Beltane fires. It was tradition that the household of the Westfolde hall throw the largest celebration with bonfires, feasting and dancing. She was still in her night gown covered by a fur lined robe, the early May nights were still chilly and the fire was in embers. She heard the servants rustle through the halls preparing for the day ahead, she decided to slip back into bed for a few moments hoping her husband hadn’t noticed her disappearance. He worried about her sleepless nights, she was a natural born worrier and it often kept her up at night, but also memories of long ago battles plagued her randomly. She tip-toed down the corridor, passing by her children’s chambers and slipping into her and her husband’s chambers, the door barely making a sound as she opened it. Once back in bed Deawen closed her eyes feigning sleep.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 10:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Name: Sigefolc
Race:Man of Rohan
Hieght:5' 11''
Parentage:Lord Beinion and Lady Erin of the House of Eroch
Siblings:Alric
Spouse:Alais
Children: Eanfeld and Eoric
Physical Description:Blonde hair, bearded. Brown eyes with green flecks. Sigefolc has a small scar above his right eye from his role in the defense of the Westfold against Dunland raiders.
Garb:Rohirric Armour, with a green cloak. His swordbelt is inlaid with gold filigree, and his bow is made from stag antler.
Weapons:Rohirric cavalry sword, a horse bow, and a dirk.
Animal(s):A blue roan stallion named Chadad, and an ealgle named Thoron.
Homeland:Rohan
History: Sigefolc was born several years before the War of the Ring and corruption of Theoden. His father, Beinion, was a member of the Edoras Royal Guard, as was Sigefolc himself. When Grima Wormtounge spread his pallour over Theoden, Sigefolc left Meduseld in distgust, shaming his name in abandoning his post. However, that was not all he left behind. Sigeloc also left his betrothed, Alais, in Edoras under the care of her family, promising to return at the end of the war and marry her. Furious with the King, he rode to the Westfold to help stem the tide of Hillmen and Orc invaders, and was wounded in a large skirmish there, while defending a village. When he learned of Theoden's retreat to Helm's Deep, and Wormtounge's banishment, he gladly returned to his lord's side. However, one he arrived at the fortress, he was given dire news. His father had been killed in a battle with Orcs en route to the Hornburg. Sigefolc swore in front of the 3 Hunters, Theoden, and Eomer Eadig, to kill any and all of Sauron's minions he found in veangeance. He soon got his chance, as the Uruk-Hai attacked the same night. After sustaining a wound to the chest from an Uruk berserker attempting to kill Eomer, Sigefolc was carried into the Great Hall, where he would be forced to remain for the rest of the battle. Once he was able to stand, Eomer personally pardoned him, and thanked him for his actions on the Wall. As the Lord of the House of Eroch, he was given lands in the Eastfold, and, for his services at Helms Deep, a small estate on the Westfold. He later rode with Eomer to the Pellenor, where he once again saved the Prince's life, and Eomer returned the favour, spearing a Haradrim about to skewer the young man. After the battle, King Eomer gave Sigefolc the title of Captain of the Royal Guard, for his services to Rohan. After the Battle of the Black Gate, during which he and Eomer collaborated to kill a Troll, he and Alais were married. A month later, they emigrated to the Westfold with thier daughter Eanfeld and thier son Eoric to help the area recover.

I'll make an IC post tomorrow))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Last edited by Turwaithion on July 8th, 2008, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 12:51 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

What a great rp, Deawen. I would love to join but I am leaving the 11th and coming back August 1st on a camping trip with my family.

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 6:53 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: South Africa, the bottom end of nowhere important...

Name: Sen Lucia Ironbrow Starfire
Nationality: Formerly of Athenar; now recognized as a man of Gondor.
Appearance: Pale skinned, with shoulder length blonde hair and ice blue eyes, clean shaven. He is well toned, though not overly muscular. He stands at 6' exactly.
Heritage: One of the few survivors of the destruction of Athenar, born to Lucia and Lianna.
Spouse: Lady Deawen
Children: Eodred, Cadvan, and Midira.
Attitude: Quiet and thoughtful; slow to anger. Yet if his love or their land is threatened, he will fight with a ferrocity that has not been seen in a long time...
History: Son of Lucia (once one of Maleon's most trusted generals) and Lianna (heir to the throne of Athenar, a once-powerful city in the north), he was raised in the art of war, being inducted by the Storm at a unprecedented young age. Yet when the city was wiped out by Maleon's forces, he found himself alone, lost to everything he had ever known. Yet Gandalf came upon him, and told him all was not lost. Some of the Storm had survived. Then, as their new Captain, Sen led them down into Gondor, to warn them of Maleon's threat. When Maleon was driven back, seemingly for good, by combined forces, he could finally rest. He settled down, and married Deawen, whom he had grown in love with over their history together. The Storm was dismissed to Gondor; Sen wanted to live in peace, with no memory of the pain from before...

*Sen peeped open one of his eyes, as he heard the door open for the second time this morning, and sighed, seemingly in sleep. Thoughts of the day, and the work with the horses and with the preparations for the celebration already underway, ran through his mind, interspersed with small needles of pain, of haunting memories linked to these thoughts by strings he could not cut. Finally, his thoughts settled on his love that lay next to him, and he streched out his arms, "waking up". He tenderly brushed the cheek of Deawen with his scarred and well worn fingers, testaments of his long history.*
Good morning, my love. Did you get a good sleep?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 7:00 am 
Elf
Elf

Sigefolc cursed under his breath as he stubbed his toe hard on a fallen beam. Picking it up, he stood it against the far wall. Climbing a ladder, he hammeed another plank into place on the cieling, while his brother Alric hammered the nails on thier side and applied fresh thatch. The restoration of one of the halls of the Westfold had been one of Sigefolc and Alric's first jobs, and thanks to a recent gale, they had to replace the roof again. A small woman with honey-coloured hair walked into the hall with a two-year-old boy on her hip, looking up at her husband "How's it going?" she asked

Sigefolc hammered another nail into place before replying, "If we keep at it, we'll be done in three or four hours eh, Alric?" he asked his brother, who poked his head between the beams to reply "I'd say so, Alais. If we work fast, maybe another two."

"Well come on down" Alais called, readjusting her hold on the squirming boy, careful not to set him down amidst the construction "I've made breakfast, and this lad's anxious to see his papa"

Alric's booming laugh travelled as the footsteps on the roof headed to the hall entrance, "just as well. I'm not an elf; can't stay up there forever he said, grinning at his brother and sister-in-law.

"Well, let us see of little Eanfeld has left anything or us" Sigefold said ,climbing down the ladder and stepping outside the hall, taking Eoric from Alais and placating him

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Last edited by Turwaithion on July 8th, 2008, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 7:01 am 
Maia
Maia

May I join? ^^ Here's my character.

Name: Goldleaf
Race: Human
Appearance: Long, golden hair, pale skin, bright blue eyes, fair of face and tall of stature
Personality: Kind-hearted, intelligent
Garb: Plain blue dress
Homeland: Gondor
Weapon: Gondorian broadsword, takes incredible strength to wield, wrought with golden flowers round the handle
Background: Brought up in Osgiliath, two years before the War of the Ring began Goldleaf fell in love with Boromir of Gondor, however, he rejected her, believing he could not be a good husband while war always called him back. Soon afterwards there was an attack on Goldleaf's home city and she fled to the woods of Ithilien, believing all her family to be dead. She spent two years there, aiding the rangers of Ithilien led by Boromir's brother Faramir when she could. But she met a group of travellers in the woods and they decided to go to Minas Tirith to aid Gondor in the war. Goldleaf fought bravely in the siege there, and after the war went back to her life in Osgiliath.

~~~

Goldleaf looked up at the Westfolde Hall curiously in the pale morning light, her white mare restlessly neighing. "Shhh," she murmured. The hall glinted gold, she had never seen a house like this before. But she knew that this was not Edoras, some other kind of dwelling for Rohan nobility though.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 12:08 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I'd like to join... but I'm not sure if my character would be accepted. It's Eonera, a daughter of Eomer and Lothiriel. If I can play her, I'll get her bio up right away)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 1:44 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Goldleaf: Of course!

Eruraina: I would say that if she were not half-elf, she would be fine. You're welcome to join if you can change her so that she is not at all elven. Even if she is Eomer's daughter, that is fine.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 2:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Goldleaf urged her horse onwards towards the house. It was a bright day, and Goldleaf had been riding all through the night, so was now tired. Her horse, too, was plagued with fatigue, and so was impatient in her nature. Goldleaf hoped that she would recieve a warm welcome. It was ten years since the end of the War of the Ring, in which Goldleaf herself had fought, and relations between Rohan and her home country of Gondor had become warmer.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 2:15 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(But Eonera isn't elven... She human through and through(because last time I checked, Lothiriel is human, too). You must have her mixed up with with my char Eruraina... *goes and gets bio*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Oh! Then that should be just fine! Post away!

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 3:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yay! I'm excited!

Full Title: Lady Morwen, Captain of the Westfold
Nationality: Rohirric
Appearance: Slightly taller than Deawen, long blonde hair with slight wave, blue eyes
Family: daughter of rich horse merchant and farmer, one brother (deceased), three children- boys
Spouse: Lord Eohric, Guard of the Royal Stables
History: Best friend of Lady Deawen since childhood, left home just before the death of her father to go to Edoras. Worked as handmaiden to Lady Eowyn, dismissed by Grima Wormtongue, joined Edoras militia, worked her way to 1st Lieutenant under Erkenbrand before Grima forced her to resign. She then took up with Deawen during the War of the Ring. After the war, was restored to her post and granted the rank of honorary captain. She married Lord Eohric just after the war's end and soon after had her first son, Eohrmen (9), then Eohrllic (8), and last Eohfrith (5).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flies buzzed loudly around the silhoetted forms of three young boys sitting sulkily on benches, each one with a pan of sand and piles of pewter pans. Morwen watched covertly from behind a post as they struggled to remove the caked on remains of countless meals. Every so often Eormen let a curse fly. Rather than scold him, she waited. The cook (nicknamed Cocea) walked in and inspected, the boys faces turning hopefully to her. She nodded with a "Ahum" and walked out, dashing their hopes. Morwen chose that moment to enter. They turned fearfully, eyes big (especially Eohrmen, who had a feeling that she had overheard his speech over the past hour and a half). "What have we learned, cnapas?" Eohrfrith raised his hand and waved it earnestly. Morwen nodded to him. "Mummy's jewelry does not go on horsies!" "What else?" persisted Morwen, looking straight at Eohrllic. He said hesitantly, "I don't ride Ge-læstan with or without a saddle." Morwen smiled and clapped, "Alright! I think the lesson is learned, and Cocea has a very clean set of pots! You're dismissed. Tell the Groom to saddle your ponies." With no more talk, the boys scattered. Morwen yelled at the oldest, "Let your little brother ride behind you!" Eohric entered the main hall and looked at the pots on the table. "Is that your cookwear from the war?" Morwen smiled and said yes. "That stuff was filthy." Morwen just smiled. Eohric concluded, "Oh, you are a cruel task-mistress."

She moved to him and put her arm around his waist and her head on his shoulder. "They are as tough as sand. They will forget it all in half an hour." She stood and faced him. "How does the herd look this morning?" Eohric answered, "They are all accounted for, both in ours and in the King's. We will send him the twelve white geldings requested for and call it a month, I think." Morwen nodded. She headed to the stairs in front of their small hall and looked just up the hill to her friends lodgings. "I'll be back," she called to him just inside, setting off in the gentle morning light.

Last edited by Morwen1 on August 2nd, 2008, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 3:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Eruiana, could Eonera know Sigefolc? I'd like to at leat converse with someone))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 4:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

(If it's ten years after the war of the ring, wouldn't Eonera be something like ten years old? Just a point. And I'd rather not have the time scale between this RP period and the war of the ring lengthened, because that would make my character ancient! Lol ^^)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 6:04 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(hm.. you have a point, goldleaf... can we just say that Eomer and Lothieriel had their children eariler than the books say? Like... six years earlier... that'd make her 16.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 9:09 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen sighed and knew Sen knew she was up at odd ends of the night. She sat up with a snort then leaned against him. "No, but I can't dwell on them now." a soft knock on the wooden door interuptted her and a servant brought fresh water to the water basin near the window. " Time to get up!" Deawen picked up a pilliow and playfuly tossed it at Sen. She got up and dressed picking out a beautiful red velvet over gown embroidered with golden roses and ivy. She then sat before her vanity and began combing her long copper curls and then pinning up into seemingly intricate design that was practical for the work ahead. She felt Sen watch her for a long time before she smiled back at him. " Eodred and Cadvan begged me to ask you if you would take them hunting today." she commented softly. She finished and stood up walking with grace and dignity. If one had not known better one would swear she never handled a blade in her life the way she moved, and yet her steps were measured and even steady ready for anything. She gave Sen a quick kiss before leaving the chamber. Like every morning Deawen checked on her sleeping children. Then made her way to the stables peering at the prized stallions and mares, satisfied they were healthy and loved, she left the stables and made her way down the hill to the village below. THe first house she came upon was currently under construction. She approached the house causually and then knocked on the door. Noticing Morwen Deawen waved her over.

Gently as she goes

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next