Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 2:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara continued walking alongside the Fellowship, but then heard what Gandalf said. She raised an eyebrow and then felt a very powerful pull on her body, which made her struggle to stand her ground. "PREPARE TO SHOOT!" She yelled to the rest of the group and then tried to get out her bow and arrows, but the force that was pulling her away from them was too strong.

Falling to the ground, she was being dragged toward a dark abyss and she didn't know where it led to. She desperately tried to grab onto something, so that she wouldn't be pulled in, but it was too late. She was surrounded by darkness and silence.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Here we go! :-D This is going to be so fun, I can't wait for the RL peeps and the LOTR charries to meet :lol: )

Before she could approach the throne of her uncle the king, Eowyn felt a terrible force take hold of her, dragging her like the tight grip of hands; she struggled, but her labours were fruitless as she she was flung forth into darkness, screaming. Then... silence, as if the very magic of this had power enough to silence her; it felt as if cotton had been stuffed into her throat. She knew nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing. Suddenly, jolting her awake in acute terror, she heard screaming; raw, terrible screaming, and then there was no more. The blackness took ahold of her again.

~~~

A sudden roar of noise hurtled past Goldleaf as she stooped to pick up another log of wood for her fire; the log was snatched out of her arms by the wind, and she felt something powerful and invisible take ahold of her, snatching her away. Yells stuck in her throat, she could not speak for fear, though her lips moved to mouth one word that looked something like "help".
She was flung fiercely backwards; it felt as if she was falling through the forest floor. Strange light danced in the back of her eyes then was shut out, and she did not wake from the dark sleep.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 4:14 pm 

[*feels kinda ignored* Jo was actually sitting at the table with the rest.. eh well I'll just pretend she's been away.. :confused: ]

Softly Jo hummed along with the song which loudly came out of the speakers of her radio. She stood in front of her huge clothing closet already wearing her casual jeans, several pieces of clothing scattered all around her on the floor of her tiny room. She wavered between her yellow strapless top and her purple tanktop. After choosing her second option Jo took the hairdryer while singing now falsely along with another tune.

"I just looooove yoooooouu" Her end note was almost a high-pitched squeal which resembled that of Tyson. Jo was silent for a moment and listened to the sounds from outside which flowed in through her open window.

There were many window although the room wasn't big which caused the room to be light. Jo needed light just like she needed nature. Her parents lived on the countryside a few hours from town and Jo had always been used to th ecountryside with enough space and nature closeby. At first, when she moved out, she'd felt locked up in the small appartment. But now she felt at home in the city.

"Loooooving yooooouuu" Jo made her way over to kitchen but suddenly stopped in her tracks. Everything turned pitch black. "Guys.. ?" Jo called to the kitchen as she groped in the dark and tried to make her way back to the kitchen.

"If this is some kind of joke to make me break my neck or stumble over Tyson, than it's not funny. I'll kill you if I have to miss my tennis match.."

Then everything went back to normal and Jo walked safely to the kitchen. "What the hell was that?" she asked her friends. But then she realised there were more people in the kitchen except for her three roommates. She could just stare at the guests who'd arrived in the not so clean kitchen. Stupefied. Baffled.

------------------------

Aragorn's grey eyes scanned the horizon. He had felt the constant threat after they had left the safe borders of Rivendel.They moved slowly but steadily more south. Because the Hobbit legs were short the Fellowship rested regularly. Aragorn was cautious. Any rustling of leaves made his hands shoot to the hilt of his sword. With every chirp of the bird his gaze went through the valley. And never he would let Frodo or the Ring out of sight. The Hobbit was strong he was sure yet he did not trust every member of the Fellowship.

Gandalf, the guide of the Fellowship, had been in a bad mood lately. Aragorn doubted if it was just the heat.
"Gandalf" the Ranger murmured when the rest was out of reach. "We should travel faster.. at night maybe. There's a threat looming in the air."

At that moment everything went black.

"To me!" the wizard yelled. Aragorn unsheated his sword. "Frodo!" But he did not see anything. "What is this for cursed magic?"

He fell.. down in the depth of the earth..down on cold tiles.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 4:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

{Sorry Will love! I thought Jo had gone to take a shower :hug: }

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 10:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sorry, Will. =( I didn't mean to be rude.)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2009, 11:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alex probably would have responded to Jo saying something about Tyson being right here. But at the moment she was just as baffled. The New Orleans native had seen some strange things - hell, going through Mardi Gras nineteen years in a row, and five days stuck in the super dome after hurricane Katrina (she didn't talk about that much) - she thought she'd be ready for anything. Wrong. Oh, so wrong, her mind chastised.

Nothing in the entire history of the world could have possibly prepared her for supposedly mythical creatures falling into her home. Nothing.

Tyson was in between she and the rest of the group, a great big muscled dividing line that was likely to jump on the other side at any time.

"Did we smoke something we shouldn't have last night?" She asked in obvious shock. Her eyes flew to Eomer's knife and she quickly looked to Tyson worriedly.

"Tyson, heel. Leave it be," she ordered sternly with a snap of her fingers. The dog obeyed, but it was clear that he was still on guard, his yellowed eyes were narrowed on the shiny metal.

Tyson knew what that thing was, and he refused to let the man any closer to Alex or her friends that matter with that thing. He had seen his master's sister accidently hurt herself, and he didn't want to think about what it could do when people meant to harm for real.

-----------------------

Eomer was awake now and he groped at his belt for a knife to do away with the warg near by. He struggled to his feet, his eyes barely adjusting to the bright fluorescent lights of the apartment (Alex had insisted on being ecologically safe).

He looked about at the people staring at him. He could have sworn there had been another. The tall Rohirric man looked towards his adversary and his brows knitted together. It was not a warg who was threatening him, but a dog. A bear baiting dog it seemed. He frowned.

"Who are you and where am I?" He demanded of the confused children in front of him. Two boys and two girls. Did they live here? Together? He hoped not. Such scandal would not be allowed in his home.

The brunette he noted had snapped her fingers and muttered at the dog who retreated to her side and stopped snarling, although his teeth remained bared.

-----------------

Gandalf woke to a darkened room and went to the door and then walked downstairs. The house, or whatever it was, seemed to be in less than superb condition. He assumed immediately that the trick had been pulled by the enemy and so, his staff was at the ready as was his blade .

The old wizard seemed to be as confused as Eomer was. Although, he put away his weapons. He did not sense evil in those before him, only mistrust and honest confusion.

----------------------------

"How about you put up your knife and then we talk? Rude much?" Alex finally stuttered out, the sentence gaining annoyance and confidence as she spoke more.

Eomer blinked, the girl was right. He was obviously the intruder in this case, but still, he could not be sure of their intentions.

"I will do so when I am assured safety," he said looking to Tyson with a pointed look.

Tyson seemed to sense the man's meaning and gave a low, menacing growl that clearly said he was not moving. Alex petted the dog's head and nodded as if he had spoken.

"Yeah, well the same goes here, bucko," she retorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 12:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

In his defense - he had been choking. And the man had sort of landed behind the doorframe, so it took him a while to see the tall, oddly dressed man.

"I dont know." He said in response to Alex's question. It seemed that rationality was his best bet at sanity right now. "Im kind of hoping we did though."

The weird man, he could deal with. At least he could pass it off as a hallucination. That Tyson could see? Okay, maybe not. But still. It could be a bad dream.

When he spoke however, he began to reassess his sanity.

What he couldn't deal with was the usually unused back door hitting him on the back of the head, and the little man who walked into the room. The pain was a tad too substantial to be passed off as irrelevant. Swearing he glared down at the curly haired little thing. "I think there's more of them." he announced, looking at his friends. "I hope that they are leaving soon though."

"And who are you?" He finally asked pointedly at the staring Pippin. "Are you with the knife wielding weirdo? Are you armed too? Cause if you are our little darling here will chew on you." Bevier pointed to Tyson.

-----------------------------------------------

Pippin wanted Merry. NOW. The hobbit had walked into a room full of tall, angry-looking people now. He felt very small, and very unsafe. Where on earth was Strider? Or Gandalf? He stared at the tall, blonde girl in her outrageous clothing and then at the boy standing next to her. And then the boy beside him was talking...

"P...Pip...Pippin." He stuttered in answer and backed away from the dog. There was another girl in conversation with a man. The man was wearing normal clothing! He almost ran to him, and then realized he was holding a sword. He shrank to a corner, staring at each of the youths in turn, his mouth wide.

---------------------------------------------

Bevier had turned his attention back to the odd-looking man. He coughed, "I think that it might be best if you put the knife down first. Alex can only hold the dog off for so long. And there are four of us and only one of you."

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 1:05 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(I will post after I take a shower.)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 2:28 am 

[ It's okay.. she's there now :) Oh this is going to be fun.. but I should go to college first.. :( I'll post this afternoon :) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 2:37 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Derek stared at Eomer for about 10 minutes before he spoke up. It took that long for the Advil to finally kick in and him to reach a level of sanity that included communication. "Hmm..." Derek murmured, positioning his glance to focus on Eomer's weapon and stuck himself in the head. "Nope," he spoke to himself, "not dead. Too bad. Still going to have to go to Calc. So, dude with the sword, I assure you that we have no means to harm you in any way, shape, or form, especially when you are armed and we are not. So, just chill, put the weapon on the ground, and let's engage in conversation. We are all adults now. I have the college application to prove it."

---------------------------

"Uhh..." Merry coughed and peered up into the sky. The night was ending, as far as he could tell, and he was not too happy to have landed flat on his back on this rocky surface. Picking himself up, Merry removed some small rocks from the palms of his hands. If he concentrated on the small problems enough, he would not have to worry about the big problem... such as where in Middle Earth was he? Unfortunately, the rocks came out quickly and easily, causing his hope for a diversion to rapidly fade. "Alright," Merry spoke to himself with a gulp in his throat, "Let's take a look around."

It didn't take much for Merry to wonder where he was. This was a common trend for him in Middle Earth, not to mention out of him. Surely Pip was to blame for such bad navigation skills. However, in addition, it also did not take long for Merry to remember the apple that was tucked away in his back pocket. He had just taken it out when... WHAAM... some force of wizardry sucked him off of the ground, potentially leaving his apple behind.

With an empty stomach (because Pippin decided to eat Merry's last meal before Merry could), Merry pulled himself off of the ground and looked past the strange buildings, weird metal contraptions, and foreign paths to see if his crutch had fallen anywhere nearby.

Merry had looked far and wide in the parking lot, and it appeared that it was no where to be found. Sighing, Merry leaned back against one of the metal carriages and looked right through the window of another one. It took a bit for his mind to connect what he saw in the back seat of the car, but there it was, lying on the left-most side, on top of a book. Believing it to be his apple, Merry ran up to the car in anticipation and stared into the window with glee. That was his bite, it had to be, and, even if it wasn't... it was food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 11:52 am 
Maia
Maia

Eowyn woke up in a strange room; darkened by closed curtains. She opened her eyes blearily, and slowly sat up, taking in her surroundings. A scream was building up in the back of her throat, and she tried desperately to clamp back the fear with both hands. She unsteadily rose to her feet. This room was a disgrace! There were crisp packets littered on the carpeted floor, and the blankets on the bed were crumpled, instead of being neatly folded as they should.

She headed quickly for the door before the door burst open and standing there framed in the doorway was a flustered looking young woman with dark blonde hair, clad in a weather-worn blue travelling dress. Eowyn's new aquaintence let out a terrified yell, then promptly bit back her fright, steeling herself against any further outbursts. The two women stared at each other.

"Who are you?" Eowyn demanded.
"My name is Goldleaf," the young woman replied with dignity, though her voice tremored slightly. She might have continued but Eowyn heard a very familiar voice coming from down the hallway. She darted forward to follow it and Goldleaf followed her, confused and terrified.

"Eomer!" Eowyn cried, rushing forward to her brother. He was surrounded by several very strange-looking people, but she paid no heed to them. All that mattered was that he was stuck here too, wherever they were. She bent down to grip his arm. Relief was obvious on her otherwise shellshocked features.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 1:06 pm 

Jo did not follow the conversation that took place between the man with the blond hair and Alex. This was almost too much to grasp at once. Bevier's voice seemed to come from far away as he was talking about "others".

"Oh my God.." she whispered softly to herself running her hand nervously through her blond hair. She looked from Eomer to the door and back to her roommates. "Is this- I mean... don't you understand?" Her blue eyes were wide with excitement and she hopped from one foot to the other.

"Please sit down.." Jo said to Eomer and Eowyn, who'd just burst through the door. "Derek" she continued, still bouncing "Why don't you be civil and make some tea?"

She looked almost irritated to the still flabbergasted faces of Alex, Derek and Bevier who obviously did not share her brief moment of enlightenment. "Oh. my. God." She ran over to the door and opened it only to see an old man with a pointy hat in the dooropening.

"It's Gandalf!" Jo stated as she let the wizard in. Though she now started to wonder if they'd never heard of the wonderful trilogy of Tolkien in this part of the country.

-----------

[ I'll be going to a wedding now.. I'll post Aragorn pov as soon as possible ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 1:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, but was still sitting in darkness. But, luckily, a comfortable bed had broken her fall. She slowly sat up and then looked around the dark room, before quickly getting up to her feet. She didn't know where she was and everything in the room looked so foreign to her. She got her bow and arrow out and then opened the door quietly, so then she peeked her head around the corner and quickly stepped out to shoot anything that was near her. She hurried down the hall and heard familiar voices downstairs, so she went toward them.

Going down the stairs, she gasped at the horrid sight of the humans that were surrounding Eomer, Eowyn and Pippin. She pointed her weapon to them and then stood in front of Pippin, since he was the smallest. "Who are you?" She asked in a demanding voice.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 8:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bevier groaned. They seemed to be appearing like blisters. One after the other after the other... And all in different places too. After the little guy there came the blonde woman, and then the tall man in the pointy hat. He rather admitted that the hat was very neat, before turning his attention to the loud crash in the living room.

"I think that I'll go see what's been broken," he announced to no one in particular before slipping behind his friends and out the door. "I hope he doesn't have a weapon..." Muttering he went through the hall only to be stopped in his tracks by the broken coffee table and the red-haired woman sprawled on top of the wooden mess. Sighing, "One more in here," he called out.

To the woman, "Um... Do you mind getting off our table. I think that we should ask you to pay for that. I did cost us quite a bit. Jo insisted on something with what she calls 'architectural value'."

As he stood in the doorway, looking annoyed and flustered he remembered that he had class soon. His English professor was a nice enough man, but he didn't much care for the idea of getting him mad. "Guys!" Shouting he leapt across the hall and knocked over Pippin, who was trying to get to Gandalf. "We have class in..." here he glanced at his watch, "A half hour to get to class. If we are going." The notion that there were people from another dimension in their house (people he had perhaps always wanted to meet) had stopped registering, and all he wanted was his 4.0 GPA to stay where it was.

----------------------------

As soon as Gandalf stepped into the kitchen, the hobbit more or less threw himself at the confused looking wizard. "Gandalf!" He cried and started to run, only to be knocked over by the odd boy who has talked to him earlier. Mumbling he got up and sniffed.

Pippin was really not used to this sort of thing. He is after all a little hobbit and not used to being treated this way. To say that he burst into tears would be a gross understatement. He brewed up a storm of crying and sniffling and sobbing, all the while wailing about how he missed the Shire and other such hobbit-ey things. Alex happened to the closest one, and he threw himself into her arms, sobbing louder than ever.

By Goldstrike

Last edited by Sairahiniel on May 28th, 2009, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 9:34 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Derek slumped his back against the side wall and leaned the stool onto its two back legs. It was his initial guess, but once the names began to circle, there was no denying who these people were (except for the human that he didn't seem to remember...).

"Beav, it wouldn't hurt you to miss class for one stinkin' day, especially not to be rude to our sudden guests," Derek smiled at the wizard. He had to agree, the hat was epic. "Hey, I think I might have something that could help you guys out." If his memory hadn't failed him, Derek's last girlfriend was an avid Lord of the Rings fan. She dragged him to each movie opening night, as, if he hadn't dumped her for other reasons, he probably would have gone to see the last one. "Just give me a moment."

Swirling off of his stool and planting his feet on the ground, Derek twisted past everyone and went to try to find the copy of the books that Ella gave him. It was sure to me an adventure in that pig-sty. He casually thought through all of the places it could be as he reached the door and opened it to find some redhead elf standing in there. "Oh great, another one..." he murmured to himself before opening the door full swing and pointing the elf in the direction of the rest of the crew, "Your friends are out there, I am assuming."

-------------------------------------------

Exciting about his finding, Merry circled the car like a vulture circling its pray, but he had never seen anything like it and, from lack of knowledge, could not seem to find a way through the window. He soon started to tap on the window, as if he could muster enough force to break through. Didn't work.

"Ugh!" Merry shouted in a pitiful rage of frustration and hit the side of the car as hard as he was physically able to only to be thrown back in shock.

BEEP.... BEEP... BEEP... BEEP... BEEP....

Merry began to jitter in confusion. The only thing his mind could comprehend was that whatever it was did not like him hitting it. "I'm sorry," he assured the vehicle, "I really am. Please. Stop... making noise. I just want my apple... I am starving." His arm crawling over, Merry patted the hood of the car in an effort to solidify his apology, but the alarm continued to blare on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 11:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alex groaned as another pointy eared LARPer ran down her stairs - she of course was in denial about the whole 'people from another world/book falling into their home'. The Cajun narrowed her eyes at the woman on the stairs, now taking a place in front of Tyson. She'd be dammed if she let any dumbass wielding a bow hurt her dog because they got wires crossed.

"Listen, you...person," she said to Amara, her finger raised. "You're breaking and entering here. We're trying to have breakfast, and get to class like every normal person. So, put the thing up before I decide to grab my rifle," Alex warned. Of course, her hunting rifle was in the car, so the threat was an empty one.

She wheeled around to face Jo who looked like Christmas came early, dumbfounded. "A-are you serious? This is obviously a joke, a poorly planned joke. I'm not saying that I don't love the stuff as much as anyone else, but none of these people are real! They are from books!" She said sternly, nearly yelling now. Jo was obviously loosing it.

"I did not leave New Orleans for this," she said. "If I wanted a bunch of freaks in weird clothes then I would have stayed in the Quarter."

It was about this time the Alex noted that Tyson was not next to her. That was strange in itself, but what struck her interest even more was that he gone over to the supposed "Gandalf" and sat by him letting the old man scratch his head while he spoke nonsensical words. She blinked and then slumped onto the table. Tyson never, ever trusted anyone. So...logic was now to the wind.

"Freakin' A! Gandalf is sitting at our kitchen table," she said in disbelief. The wizard chuckled, and looked up from his new found friend, Tyson and nodded, standing up briskly to face the rest of those who came from Middle Earth.

"Technically I am standing," he replied while raising his brows and taking off his hat, placing the large and battered article of clothing onto the middle of the table. The wizard didn’t know what “Freakin’ A,” meant, so he decided to ignore the outburst and talk about the problem at hand, and what a problem it was. Here he drew himself to his full height, which he noted to his dismay did not seem to be as impressive as before - apparently this world had an affect on his magic. That could prove unfortunate.

"Details," Alex muttered, unable to reign in her sarcasm.

The wizard gave her a stern glance and she held up her hands giving the go ahead.

"Thank you. Amara, put down your weapons. It is clear to me that they are of no danger to us, and just as confused - that should be enough for you. It seems that by some magic we were brought here, though I am unable to say what exactly was the cause. I suggest, though, that we all calm down and formally introduce ourselves," the wizard offered with a nod.

-------------------------

Eomer was outraged by the blatant disrespect of the woman with the daring black eyes in front of him. He opened his mouth to tell her as much, but his words fell silent when his cousin ran to his arm.

"Eowyn!" He said with equal relief - even if they found themselves in such an awful place, his sister was safe for a while.

"Did you suffer any injury?" He asked, now holding her away from him to inspect her, when he deemed her fit, he tugged her back into a hug, and only broke concentration when the wizard spoke.

His brown eyes widened at the news, and he raked a hand through his hair – it appeared that his helmet had fallen off in transition. This…place. It was horrible; filled with cold metal things, and people who spoke in strange accents with stranger words. He didn’t know whether to be offended by half the things they said or not.

“You mean to say that we are no longer within the realms of Middle Earth?” He asked, dumfounded and groaned as the wizard nodded.

“Nor, do I think,” Gandalf the Grey started again. “That we are even in the same time, we are most certainly not in the same world.”

Eomer let out a curse and fisted his hand, he would have struck at the wall, but he felt that it might cause another outburst from the others there.

--------------------------

Alex looked with wide eyes at the hobbit who had taken to clinging to her. She shook her head. Alexandra Deggins was not a hugging or crying person.

"Stop crying," she said almost harshly, trying to extricate herself from the little man's grasp. She looked to her roomates pleadingly. "I don't know what to do," she muttered. "He's hugging me!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next