Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Starless Night
PostPosted: September 4th, 2017, 4:32 pm 

There was a voice in the darkness, tormented and afraid. It was a familiar voice, calling out.

Beör opened his eyes and held his head in his hands when he realised that he had been drawn into another nightmare. His hand went through his long, tangled hair as he tried to steady his breathing and force himself to accept that he was no longer in his twisted world of dreams.

It was then that he heard her voice again. Arawen called out from her cell, as terrified as she had sounded in his dream. His heart dropped in his chest, knowing that he couldn't comfort her as he wanted to. All he could do was watch her as she suffered and convince her that the things seen in dreams were not real. But even that was not necessarily true. In this starless night they were left at the mercy of a man who wanted one of them dead and the other one under his control. And they had nothing left now to bargain with.

Still he spoke out, for words were better than silence. Luthien had taught him that. When he spoke, Beör's voice contained a certain softness, which had not been there before. Before he had steeled himself for whatever was to come. But that shield that had protected him from his surroundings, but even more his own fear and feelings had crumbled.

"It was a dream, Arawen." Beör said, while moving closer to the bars so she could see him. "It wasn't real, whatever it was you saw."

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 11:34 am 
Maia
Maia

"A dream?" Arawen repeated, sounding dazed. She focused on Beor, her vision beginning to adjust to the dark. There was something hauntingly familiar about this moment; a sense of deja vu, as if it had been lived before in another life. In a way it was true. This was how it had all begun, the two of them trapped in opposite cells, trying to make some sense of what had happened to them.

"It felt so real," she murmured, still crouched in the corner. She shook her head as if trying to shake the visions from her mind. Somehow, they would not budge. "I'm still not free of them - either of them. The Mouth... and Uruvion."

Perhaps it didn't matter anymore. If Uruvion should decide that she was to die, then what did it matter? It would be over. Maybe death, after all, would be a kind of freedom. But in the back of her mind Arawen knew better than that. Uruvion would never give her that freedom. So long as she was alive, she would be his, as he called her. So it was only logical to conclude that he would keep her alive. He would keep her here.

"I only hope that Luthien is safe," she said eventually, her quiet voice carrying over clearly in the empty gloom of the cell block. "She deserves to be free. She is a good soul; she wanted to save both of us." Just as Arawen herself had wanted to save Luthien and Beor. "I can resign myself if I know that she'll be alright."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 7:01 pm 

"She fled through a side passage together with that lad," Beör said slowly. He remembered seeing the blonde disappear into the crowd before he'd started looking for Arawen. "She's a far better person than the both of us," he added softly. "That's why she will make it."

There was a silence and Beör paced through his cell. It was smaller than the other one and quite unsuitable for pacing. Restless the Ranger halted, placing his two hands and his forehead against the cold flagstones. Something was coming, he felt it. After all that had happened, no matter whether he lived or died, Urúvion would make his next move.

Beör turned to the side and leaned against the bars. "I don't know what is to come next. This might all end very soon and perhaps we'll never see each other again. So I just want you to know that I am grateful to you for not leaving me behind and.." His voice faltered as he seemed to search for words. "And.. that I can never repay all that you've sacrificed for me."

Beör was quiet for a moment and looked into nothingness, thinking, his brow slightly furrowed. It was the first time he had ever spoken these words out loud, offering forgiveness. It would not erase that what had happened from his memory. There were marks on his body and scars in his mind that served as a reminder of what had passed. Sometimes he relived those moments in his nightmares, his hand clutched over Arawen's throat ready to kill her, those lowest moments when he had wished for death to claim him. But now he knew this never had been Arawen's doing. It filled him with shame and regret, but also hope.

Beör exhaled deeply and peered through the bars of his cell and listened for approaching footsteps; the cellblock was all but deserted. "It's like we're the pawns in a game." Beör said quietly. "A game that started a very long time ago, back when I was brought to Barad Dûr. A game that Urúvion will win at every cost." It was now more than sixteen years ago that he had been taken prisoner in the barren lands of Emyn Muil where he had been searching for the creature Gollum with his company. Beör still remembered the numbing feeling of horror when he'd half consciously realised where they had taken him as he had glanced at the contours of the dark fortress. It was there in these cells that became his home for many more years to come, that he also first met Urúvion, disciple of the Mouh of Sauron and student of the Witch King of Angmar.

"Perhaps I reminded him of the person he had been in the past or someone he could have been, someone despicable to him. But he was also infuriated that he never got me to talk and then after years you came.."

Beör stopped speaking, only half aware that he had spoken his thoughts out loud. Suddenly a terrible realisation hit him as he thought of how Urúvion had succeeded in manipulating Arawen, by using him against her to make her to do his bidding. As master of mind tricks Urúvion had found that Arawen had cared for him and used that to his advantage. Faced with her betrayal and his renewed solitude, his feelings of friendship and loyalty had turned into hatred. But so much had changed and Urúvion knew this. Had he not exposed his feelings and mocked them upon their first encounter here in the palace? Beör recalled the man's cruel words that still hurt as much as when they were spoken.

A time worn prisoner, heading fast towards an early grave and holding onto the hands of a beautiful woman as if he thought she actually cares for him.
What makes you think that she feels anything for you apart from pity?

If Urúvion would use this knowledge, Beör knew he would be powerless to any of his ploys.

"Whatever comes," Beör continued, now speaking directly to Arawen. He searched for her blue eyes to make contact. "Can we face it together? I would be lost if it weren't for you. But you give me strength when none can be found."

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2022, 10:14 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Social media can be very helpful. I use not only Instagram but also Facebook, YouTube and Twitch...
Quite often lately, I have been conducting various streams in Twitch and I understand that in order to further promote my page, I need to attract a large number of new followers. Using this site, for a small amount, I attracted anew and high-quality live subscribers to my page, which created a lot of activity and helped the development of my channel. I advise you to use this strategy. https://likigram.com/buy-twitch-followers/

PostPosted: August 17th, 2022, 4:20 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Hey, YouTube, monetizing videos is all about showing ads in your videos. It's important to understand that YouTube and the advertisers who come to the platform are not paid for video views, but for ad views on those videos. In other words, there are only video views and there are ad views. You can pump up your Youtube channel with monetization, with https://viplikes.net/buy-youtube-views, which will immediately bring in additional income. Good luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25