Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 6:01 pm 

"False hope is for fools and the weak." Bëor retorted. His long blond hair fell forward as the looked at the stone floor, so that his face was concealed. But if one would have been able to see his face, a great pain could be seen.
"Why linger in fading dreams and fall hard when you face reality?" Beör sighed and wished once more for silence, which was denied to him by the Gondorian maidens. Silence so he could think or just to wait, like he'd always done.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 6:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hurrah for Starless Night! =)

I'm looking forward to your post, Maeth - in my last post with Arawen she was knocking on Maethoriel's door to warn her of her assassination! Their communication should be fun. :lol: )

The Mouth of Sauron smiled as he listened to the elf’s words; although her tone remained fairly polite there was no denying her strong resentment, and the sarcasm of her indication. He was not in the least taken aback or angered; rather, the knowledge of other’s dislike for him pleased him all too well. The Mouth thrived on hatred; it was what motivated him, what drove his will to live and his obedience for the Dark Lord. Mordor was a place utterly built on hate; it was like his food and drink. Leaning back in his ornate seat, he rested his gloved hands on the armrests, musing for a moment over his next words. It would please him very well to destroy this new toy of his. In a way, she reminded him of Arawen; outspoken and unafraid. But Arawen had one redeeming feature; she did what she was told. Thus far the Mouth had received no hint that Morwen would follow orders according to his wishes.
“Well, I am not at all surprised,” he said, eventually, his tone of voice casual. “Who could blame you? You, I am sure, have been used to finer things. The luxury of the elves. How it must have pained you to be brought here, all those years ago. You know, I begin to recall your name.” He paused. “Morwen. Is that not so?”

~~~

Luthien felt her anger rekindled at Bëor’s words. Edging up towards the bars of her cell, she glared at him. His dark outlook on life infuriated her. She knew very well that he could not really be blamed; he had been locked up away from the outside world for so long. It was natural that all of his hope had withered and died long ago. Perhaps he could never be how he once might have been. Luthien found it difficult to imagine this desolate, depressed man as anything other than desolate and depressed. His gloomy attitude and determinedly bleak attitude seemed a part of him. But Luthien refused to become like him.
“Why should it be weak to hope?” she demanded, looking at him through the bars. “Why should it be foolish to nurture even a fading hope? I wonder when it was you last saw the sunlight; when it was you last felt fresh air on your face. When you last saw a young child say it’s first words or a couple in their first days of courting. All of this is so near and close to me. I have lived in a city which is the very definition of broken faith; and yet my people lead their lives every day in the very face of it with smiles on their faces, because they have to – otherwise we would all probably drop dead before the Dark Lord and his armies ever stepped foot inside our citadel. You shall not tell me that hope is pointless.”
She withdrew from the bars of her cell and sat against the wall, her arms folded over her knees. If she heard another word from Bëor about foolishness and weakness, she would scream. But she found that she could not let him and his words win; if she stayed calm, then she could know that he was not the victor.
She would get out of here. She would escape, even if it cost her own life. It was very apparent to her that no Gondorian army was coming to rescue them. It was left to the prisoners themselves to find a way out. Luthien knew that she controlled her own destiny in this matter, whatever anyone said.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 7:39 pm 

Bëor looked up at Luthien with a somewhat enstranged gaze. "I said it was pointless to have false hope and whether your hopes are true I leave to yourself to determine." He turned his gaze back to the darkness and remained silent for a moment. Luthien's words had somehow touched him so that memories of the past slowly seeped back, which he'd carefully shut out for so long. "I did feel the heat of the sun on my skin and admire the large green plains.. long ago. It now seems another life. I've seen the beauty of nature, the infinite waters of the sea and the mighty peak of the lonely mountain." Somehow, a warm expression lay on Beör's face, almost like a smile, as he was reminded of those happy days. "I've met Elf, Dwarf and Halfling and resided in fair realms. Yet I also encountered treachery, cowardice and the betrayal of friends." The Ranger's face had clouded once again and unconsciously his hands had formed fists so that his knuckles turned white. "Lets just say that it has costs me alot."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 10:37 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Morwen's eyes slid to the window as the mouth spoke of what he felt he knew of the elves, of her, only to snap back to him when her used her name. She had not heard her name be used in many years, and it surprised her... but it began to confirm what Morwen feared would eventually happen.

He was going to try to break her to his, and Sauron's, will. She chose her next words carefully.

"I wandered more than anything. I know not of the luxury of which you speak." She said, then addressed the matter of her name, ignoring the mention of the pain it caused her to be here, "Yes. I'm Morwen."

She knew now she had to tread carefully. She realized he wanted to see her broken, her time of going unnoticed had run out.

'I suppose 150 years of going unnoticed isn't bad. Pity it had to end though' she mused.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 6:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

Luthien listened to Bëor’s words silently, paying attention to him more closely than he could have guessed. As she listened, she could suddenly sense him becoming so much more human, his defenses dropped for that single moment; his expression had softened, and he seemed almost, but not quite, to smile. Luthien’s anger against him dropped, and she nodded eagerly, a tiny smile lighting up her features. These were just the kind of words that she approved of; the beauty of nature, to her, was everything. She had a gift with gardening, and she felt so connected to the magnificence, the wildness and loveliness of the outside world. To be so torn from it in this present situation was more than she could bear.
“All of which you describe is still out there,” she said, intently. Her tone had lost it’s ferocious edge. “Only a few days ago I walked in the greenest of gardens, admiring the flowers that grew there.” She paused. “I had so many friends, I knew so many people. And I lived with a family that I loved. That I still love.”
Upon hearing his last gloomy words, and seeing his expression once more cloud over, Luthien frowned, not with irritation, but with fresh determination. She found that she could not stay angry with someone so horribly trapped, trapped as she was; and Bëor had been imprisoned for so long. There was no use complaining of his very nature, a nature that had been left to flourish in all of it’s depression for years on end, in the most dark and evil of prisons.
“You will get out of here,” she said with certainty. “I mean it. I will make sure of it.” Her words may have carried the overconfidence of youth, but Luthien never said anything that she did not mean. She was the most honest of young women, forthright and direct. She had been brought up to share problems and to find a way to deal with them. Being able to identify with Bëor’s problem so well, she was determined to find a way around it.
“I won’t betray you,” she added, looking straight at him with her honest gaze. “You can be certain of that.”
It seemed strange to try and reassure this man of her friendship, seeing as she seemed to irritate him immensely, but she was offering an olive branch, and however much his dark demeanor would probably continue to infuriate her, she wanted to rescue him, as well as herself.

~~~

“Ah, a wandering elf,” the Mouth of Sauron mused, with his toothy grin. “Your people are known for wandering, am I not correct? Always in exile, never belonging anywhere. You know, it might be remarked upon that Mordor is probably the first place you’ve ever settled in properly! You might even call it your home.”
His words were deliberately taunting. They carried all of his cruelty and spite; he liked knowing that he could inflict however much verbal abuse he wished, and she would not be able to do anything about it.
“Morwen,” he repeated. “Yes, I remember. So strange, that you managed to go so long without attracting my attention. I have many prisoners of course, so it is only natural that I should forget one or two for a while.”
The Mouth let silence stretch on for a while. It was always good to pause, to let his victim’s uncertainties and fears kindle whilst he sat back smiling. He had already decided what was to be done with Morwen. No longer would she walk in the shadows, always managing to escape his notice.
“I find your company interesting,” he stated, finally. “And henceforth you shall work for me, directly. You shall do what I command, you shall obey my whims. Is that very clear to you, Morwen?”
What would really be interesting to see would be whether she would obey him or not; it was not really the tasks he gave his servants that mattered. It was whether they completed them in obedience. Above all he liked having servants forced to do his bidding with completely disloyal hearts. One of his very best servants, Arawen, carried out his most horrendous of errands with extreme efficiency, and he knew very well that she had neither respect nor liking for him.
“I await your answer,” the Mouth said to Morwen, smiling with his ghastly grimace.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 9:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(I swear, you are having a ball with messing with Morwen, Goldie XD)

Morwen raised an eyebrow as the Mouth dared to call Mordor her home. "As much as you Might wish Mordor is my home, it is not. My home lies a bit further west." She felt no particular sting from the words, she just always was restless... which was what had gotten her here in the first place. That and some very ill luck.

Morwen remained silent all the way through the question.. the demand, really, and her eyes narrowed and flashed darkly, "Clear as crystal." Her tone held a hint of steel, as if daring him to try to break her. She would tolerate the orders handed down along the line, but she was not about to let her spirit be beaten down by the mouth himself. That just... wasn't going to happen. She knew however the playing field was a dangerous one for her. She knew her left and right limits... and knew full well how to subvert the lower levels of command. But here... she knew that if she was caught... the punishment would be far more severe.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 6:26 pm 

Bëor listened to Luthien's words, looking at her with his blue, but seemingly blank eyes, his face betraying no emotion. He decided that she was the most spirited and outspoken girl that he'd ever encountered in this dark place, and Beör had met many. Somehow he found that he could not answer to her promises and proof of her friendship. After enduring so much hate and hardship he was alienated from any social customs and the expression of kindness. "We shall see.." he mumbled, averting his eyes, and he started to pace through his cell.
"First you need to concentrate on your plan," he continued, "for it still contains many potential flaws." Abruptly he turned again to Luthien and approached the bars. "Like I said before, you need to be prepared. Are you able to carry out the Mouth's tasks, without hesitation, so he will not become suspicious? Would you be able to kill the innocent? Torture the weak? Would your conscious allow that?" With his piercing gaze, Beör stared at the young blond girl, vulnerable and thin, and he realised that when this whole plan was to fail, her hopes would be crushed and she would fall hard. It would break her..
"Serving the Mouth, means bending to his will.." he added in a hoarse voice. "There's no way back then anymore.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 7:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hehe, playing the Mouth of Sauron is very fun! I don’t play villains very often, so it makes a change RPing someone so incredibly evil! :lol: )

The Mouth rose from his seat, abruptly but smoothly. Standing back from his desk, he grinned at the elf sitting opposite him; a ghastly contortion that carried unspeakable malevolence. He crossed the room towards the window; although he could not see, he liked knowing that just outside the dark glass panes, there was Mordor, the land to which he had devoted everything. He knew that outside the walls of his chambers there were many servants who would obey him, and thoroughly trained armies of orcs waiting for a command from him, a direct command that would lead straight from the Eye. Pausing for a moment, his twisted, hideous thoughts were diverted from Morwen. It must come one day soon, he observed inside his head. The great battle. It is only a matter of time before the Dark Lord seizes all of Middle Earth.
And then he remembered that the she-elf sat across the room from him still; he sensed her hatred for him with acute recognition. His grin widened as he turned back towards her.
“Excellent,” he said. “I shall expect you to begin straight away, of course. Do not worry yourself. I will not give to you so very many tasks that I know would be to your distaste. No, I reserve those for my more experienced servants, who already have the knowledge and insight of their vocation.”
He did not need to say out loud what those tasks were; his words indicated something dark and horrible. “But I will require your presence quite a lot,” he continued. “For instance, you might enjoy assisting my clerk as he writes down from my dictation. He has been here for a long time and might appreciate assistance.” The Mouth’s clerk was a poor creature wracked with nerves, a broken servant in every sense of the word. He would most probably be afraid of Morwen; he was afraid of everyone. “Your other tasks might vary from pouring me wine, to visiting the prisoners in the cells.”

~~~

Luthien observed Bëor as he met her gaze and replied to her words. She smiled at him, wanting to be kind, wanting some indication that he accepted her offer of friendship. She was a kind-hearted girl, and she liked to forge friendships with everyone that she met. When Bëor looked away from her, she felt disappointed; it would be difficult to try and win his trust. She listened as he spoke, pacing around his cell; every word he said had the potential to make her determination wither and cast all of her plans into an utterly hopeless light. But, strangely, she found herself smiling. It was a little smile, but a smile nonetheless; only a girl like Luthien could have broken through Bëor’s dispiriting speech and go to the very heart of the matter. She shook her head, and, like him, rose to her feet. She went to the bars of the cell; she peered through, trying to meet his gaze.
“I am prepared,” she said. “You underestimate me. I may be only young, but those who know me have always said that I have a strong will; my mother used to say that she feared anyone who got on the wrong side of me.” Her smile widened a little at the memory, but it soon sobered, as she realised that the situation was grave indeed and of no small importance. “I can enact the part of an unwilling servant. The Mouth doesn’t require his servants to like him.” She paused as she ran through what he had said. Luthien may have been young, and she may have looked somewhat frail, but beneath the blonde, youthful exterior she had a mind as sharp as a needle, and a determination to match.
“He doesn’t give all of his servants bloodthirsty tasks,” she said finally. “Not straight away, at any rate. He has servants to deliver food to the prisoners, he has servants to do ordinary humdrum tasks. Besides, would you hire me to kill someone? Do I honestly look like a murderer?” She gave a sudden laugh, a cheerful, sunny sound in the gloomy cell. “You don’t need to worry about me; he will never break me, whatever he wishes, whatever you think. I will never bend to his will. Neither of you know me well; you cannot say how I will cope with pretending to servitude.”
Luthien had already made up her mind; there was nothing that Bëor could say to change her decision. “Soon I will probably be brought up before the Mouth of Sauron,” she said. “And then my plan will begin. You remark whatever you wish on what I have said; but you can trust me.”
She was still standing at the cell bars, looking at him. She had a kind of fragile prettiness, standing there in her dusty velvet gown which must have once been a shade of primrose, but was now caked in dust, mud and spots of her own blood. Her hair was tangled around her face, which wore an expression of utter determination. There was more to Luthien than met the eye.
“I am sorry about what has happened to you,” she said, suddenly. “You clearly carry so much pain; hurts that cannot be mended. But I would like to help you, if I can.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 8:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(hehe, I can tell. You're doing a wonderful job too! Probably doesn't help that Morwen is highly stubborn and gives the Mouth PLENTY to work with)

Morwen listened, feeling a slight knot of agitation form in the back of her mind. Working for him was distasteful as it was.. but spending even more time with him? Morwen's still unbroken spirit balked a bit.

Then, she recalled that he seemed to take pleasure in the fact that she hated him. She felt a slow smile touch her features, one of amusement. She knew that disobeying would bring her physical pain. But he couldn't control her mind.. or her emotions. This brought her a sense of calmness... a sense of being in control of a situation.

This took a good amount of her anger and loathing away. She couldn't escape her situation; she had come to terms with that many years ago. But that didn't mean she couldn't play his mind games and win at them.

"Of course." she said, her calmness showing in her tone.

(OH! Plot idea! Gonna reread the plot from the rp and see if this would work before I send it to ya Goldie >.> ) :vampire:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 4:46 pm 

Beör lips formed a crooked line, like a wrenched smile, and shook his head. The girl seemed almost as stubborn as he was, or rather had been, but then she also had a healthy doses of naivety, which Luthien herself did not seem to recognise. But Beör realised that there was no use to argue with her.
His thoughts mused over what she'd said earlier: You will get out of here.. I won’t betray you.. He'd not heard such words in a very long time. He wondered what would happen if they succeeded. What he would do if he could decide wherever to go. In his own time.. deciding about his own life. But he was clueless. Being deprived of his freedom for so long, only the thought of it sounded surreal. Yet one thing was clear: he could not go back.. Suddenly Luthien's clear voice disturbed his clouds of thought.
I am sorry about what has happened to you.. You clearly carry so much pain; hurts that cannot be mended. But I would like to help you, if I can.
For a moment Beör was astonished by her directness and unconsciously his face grimaced. "There's nothing you can do.." he said finally blankly, his voice hardly louder than a whisper. "No one can help me." The ranger seemed lost in thought for a while, as he sat like statue, his blond manes falling over his face; contemplating.
Then he turned to the blond maiden again. "So you are ready for phase one?" he asked. "I can get them down here so you can start the first act."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 8:43 am 
Maia
Maia

(In this post I’m bringing Beör, Luthien, Morwen and the Mouth all into the same scene if that’s okay with everyone! Drama! Suspense! :lol: Morwen, I hope it’s okay I kind of brought her along with the Mouth to the cells. =)
Will, I’ve had an idea; the Mouth could decide to bring Beör out of his cell along with Luthien! And because the Mouth’s just that kind of guy, much evil and mind games could follow! :lol:
Also, I will just say “awww” at how eager Luthien is to help the gloomy Beör. :happy: )

“Excellent,” the Mouth replied to Morwen’s even tone. “I am glad that you do not fight my decision. But indeed, had you shown a bit of spirit that would have been pointless, as you yourself probably deducted – you’ve been here long enough to know how things work, haven’t you? How glad I am that you have had such years of training in keeping your thoughts and feelings hidden.”
He turned back to the window. He could guess a little of her thoughts; her spirit was as yet unbroken, having endured so many long years, and she was determined to keep it that way by affecting calmness, it seemed. Did she hope to match him in his deadly game? Many had tried it before, and failed, too. She had stayed hidden from him for a long time, lurking in the shadows, and had managed so far to avoid his twisted mind games. He would take much amusement in slowly breaking her will.
“Do not think that you can deceive me,” the Mouth said, eventually. “All your years in the darkness have given you an unworthy sense of your own strength, perhaps. Well, this is the beginning for you. You will come to know it all too well in time.”
He remained at the window for a little while, musing. His sight may have been gone, but his intuition and recognition were as sharp as a razor. Blinded, he had a skill with weighing up the thoughts and feelings of others. He liked to read people, and then, haughty in his knowledge of their weaknesses and strengths, amused himself by slowly destroying everything they believed in, and then eventually themselves. Morwen’s strength irritated him. He was used to using strengths to help him achieve his own ends. If a servant did not break, then they could be used for greater work. But here was someone who he was certain would attempt deception, should he deal to her any kind of responsibility.
“Now,” he said, interrupting his own thoughts. “I have a little job for you, Morwen. This is your first task. You will accompany me to the cells. I’ve not visited my guests in such a long time; I’ve been inconsiderate. I’ve left Arawen to look after them too long.” Turning, he smirked. The thought of Arawen “looking after” anyone was a hilarity in itself. “Any arguments?”

~~~

Luthien withdrew slightly from the front of her cell as Beör spoke glumly, casting her offer of help away into the darkness. She seemed disappointed, as if she had genuinely hoped for a more friendly reaction; and in truth, she had, for Luthien liked to befriend. She didn’t like being pushed away. Her youth and her fiery demeanor meant that she said what she felt and never held back her opinions or feelings. Glancing away at the wall of her cell for a moment, a small frown furrowed her brow.
One moment stretched into another, and then finally, she looked back at him. Her eyes were filled with light, the light of a resolve that has not been broken and continues thriving strong. “But I want to help,” she said, flatly, as if that settled the matter. “And so I will.” She gave a small smile. Even if he had stopped hoping for any kind of life outside this prison, she would hope for him.
As she heard his next words, she thought fiercely. She turned again and rested one hand against the cell wall, balling it up into a fist, not in frustration, but in deep thought.
The plan had to begin soon. If she was released into servitude, then her strategy could start to take shape. Like everything else she had ever sought to succeed at in life, this plan consumed her. She needed to find a way to free them all; to free herself. She had only been here a few days but she knew that she could not endure as long as Beör had; she was sure that such a length of time in this cell would eventually drive her insane.
Luthien was certain of what needed to be done. But most importantly, she knew that it had to be done carefully. If she was to fail, she couldn’t bring down anyone else with her.
“No, you don’t need to,” she said, finally, in reply to Beör. “You shouldn’t draw attention to yourself unnecessarily.” She turned round to face him, and was about to say something else, when the door to the block of cells suddenly swung open with a loud thud. Her heart leapt, and for a moment she wondered if she was frightened. But it was only the surprise. I don’t fear anyone, anyone at all.
She watched as a dark figure strode through the door, followed by one of the servants that had served them food. She shot a quick glance at Beör, wondering who the dark figure was.
Then, with dreadful realisation, she saw that it was him. Him, the monstrosity that had imprisoned her here. The Mouth of Sauron.
Grinning his grizzly smile, he strode up the length of the cells, his boots ringing on the floor.
“Well, well, well,” he said. “How charming. I’ve stayed away too long, far too long. How pleasant it is to be near my visitors again. New faces, old faces. All of them, I may not be able to see, but each, as precious as the last.” His horrible voice dripped with sarcasm, and though Luthien’s heart was hammering, she approached the front of her cell and gripped the bars, steadying herself against anything approaching fright.
The Mouth paused in front of Beör’s cell for a moment, as if mildly curious, but then, swift as lightning, he turned unseeing towards Luthien’s cell; sensing her resistance, her will, he drew towards her, summoning the servant to follow him.
“My newest prisoner,” he observed. “The Gondorian.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on March 6th, 2010, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 9:33 am 

[ Goldy! That was an epic post! You can play evil so well.. the Mouth is already getting on my nerves! And hurray for suspense and dark plots! :-D
And I totally agree.. Luthien is trying so hard to help him! Perhaps they will make a couple in the end :happy: ]

Beör did not notice Luthien's change of emotions as his gaze was fixed on the floor, but somehow he did perceive her disappointment. She seemed to radiate so much determination and the will to do good, that it was sensible. Beör wondered why she took so much interest in him as she had not any reason to like him.
He was about to reply to her that it was silly to take so much responsibility and risk herself; that it was a plan they would carry out together; that he did care about what would happen, when the door, which gave entrance to the prisons, was thrown open.
A dark, ghastly figure entered the cell block. It was the most loyal servant of the dark Lord, an incarnation of evil, almost as cunning as Sauron himself. Beör closed his eyes in terror, attempting to clear his mind of any emotions and of past memories. When he opened his eyes, he caught Luthien's gaze and in this short moment, he gave her a warning glance, but also of comfort, which meant that whatever was to happen they could stick together.
When the Mouth approached his cell, Beör did not avert his gaze from the evil servant. His extrodinairy blue eyes were fixed on the figure and he did not avert his gaze, although his face had become deadly pale, and he waited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 12:27 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(very nicely done)

Morwen, who's eyes had strayed while the Mouth was thinking, snapped her eyes back t the foul being that was going to try to break her spirit, and drag her into shadow.

"You already know that I tend to do as I'm told." She sighed, standing. She followed him down to the cells, but her agitation was quickly growing. Being forced under his thumb was allowing several emotions to surface that Morwen had long since believed she had forgotten.

She was with The Mouth, moving silently. While the Mouth's attention was elsewhere, she allowed herself a moment of weakness and rubbed her shoulder. Her hair had been tucked behind her ears, revealing the elven points she had also kept hidden from the prisoners, including Beor, for so many years. Her eyes flickered to Beor for a moment. She remembered all too clearly the damage that had once been done to him... damage she had been forced to tend to when he fell unconscious. She knew they were in the same position. Without hope of escape, but still unbroken.

Her eyes flickered to Luthien and she took in the girl's appearance. She was new to Morwen, and the elf shook her head. There were only two real options here. disobey and die... or learn to obey... broken or not.

She shifted, and her agitation would be visible for a second, only to be hidden behind the impassive mask once again.

(damn.. my muses felt energetic this morning)

Last edited by Morwen Durelen on March 6th, 2010, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hehe, thank you v.much, Will! :-D I’m glad I’m playing the Mouth evilly enough. Awww! The idea of Luthien and Beör as a couple is so cute! <3
Great posts, guys. :-D I’ve got another long post here; I seem to have got into the habit of lengthy posts :lol:
btw, Morwen, when I wrote the bit “one of the servants who had served them food” I was referring to Morwen, because she came with Arawen to serve the prisoners breakfast earlier on. So it’s only Morwen who’s gone to the cells with the Mouth – tehe, just thought I’d clear that up. :lol: =)
Okies, so both Luthien and Beör are going to be “released”! Hope this post’s okay!)

Luthien watched the Mouth approach Beör’s cell, and was hit by a cold, icy fear. She could see the man’s skin drain of colour, waxy white, and his expression of fright was unmistakable. Craning forward to try and catch his gaze again, to offer some small comfort, she instantly stepped back as the Mouth suddenly spun around to approach her own cell. Her heart thudding, she forced herself to step forward and clutch the iron bars of her cell; she clutched them so hard that her knuckles whitened. This was the only sign of her fear; for she was frightened. But her fear was tinged with her usual stubborn determination; she would not cower. Not even this monster would make her crawl back into the shadows of her cell or burst into tears.
The Mouth of Sauron could sense that she was facing him, instead of cowering. With his ghastly grin, he reached through the bars with one gloved hand and seized Luthien’s chin; she forced herself not to shudder with sheer fright. Her feet remained rooted to the floor.
“Yes, the Gondorian girl,” the Mouth eventually remarked. “From what I’ve heard, you’re an impolite child; assaulting my servants, fighting back. An ungrateful guest; and I think I’ve been a rather considerate host, providing you with a room, and food, no less.”
Luthien felt the urge to slap his hideous face, hating his sarcastic taunting. He still held her by the chin. She could feel her anger brimming to the surface, but she forced herself to remain calm. The Mouth laughed; it was a horrible, hoarse sound, crowing triumphantly, echoing in the block of cells.
“Your name?” he demanded, releasing her roughly, so that she stumbled a little.
“Luthien,” she replied, evenly. Her tone was perfectly smooth and calm; it carried no hint of fear, but neither did it carry any form of anger or irritation. It was utterly blank; nothing could be read into it. She still gripped the bars of the cell, but the Mouth of Sauron could not see how her fists were clenched.
“Ah! An Elvish name.” The Mouth said the word “Elvish” as if it was the most despicable of descriptions. “A Gondorian girl named after a heroic elf maid. How very sweet.” His acid tone indicated otherwise. Grinning, he tilted his head slightly. “What fancies the Numenorians take. Foolish.”
Luthien remained silent for several moments. She wanted to reach through the bars and strangle the Mouth of Sauron, choke all the self-important wickedness out of him. If he thought to make her angry by insulting her people, then he was a vain, self-important fool. Looking past the hideous sight of the Mouth, she glanced at Morwen, the servant that he had brought with him. She was an elf, and for a moment Luthien thought she saw a look of unrest pass her features, before being replaced by an impassive mask. Obviously an unwilling servant, Luthien thought. Her gaze went past her to Beör; Luthien’s eyes were slightly wide but her gaze was steady and unafraid.
“You know, I’ve not had a chance to talk to you properly before this moment.” The Mouth’s voice alerted Luthien to look back at the monstrous sight standing before her. “Perhaps now would be a good time? I’m sure there would be plenty for us to discuss.”
In that moment time seemed to stop.
This was what she had been waiting for, what she had hoped for. This would lead to the plan that had went round and round in her head, filling her with hope. But she felt utterly cold, and her head began to swim. She could not find her voice to reply; her throat felt strangled, and she stood there, clutching at the cell bars. She suddenly felt sick with fright. What if he had her tortured? What if she was not as strong as she thought?
“I’m waiting for a reply.” The Mouth of Sauron’s gravelly voice sounded as if it was coming from far away, faint to her ears. “Or perhaps you’re just a poor simpleton? Perhaps Gondorians are not as clever as they believe, with all of their folly-driven pride?”
With those words, Luthien was recalled to her former determined self. She raised her head, her grip on the bars loosening. A fierce light kindled in her eyes, and she knew that to question herself was to doubt herself, to doubt the strength of her people, a strength which ran through her very veins. Her arms dropped to her sides.
“Do what you wish,” she replied, quietly, but with immense dignity.
Grinning, the Mouth removed an iron key from his pocket and fitted it into the lock of Luthien’s cell. He turned the key and the door swung open, the iron creaking. He may have been blind, but he knew the locks of his own prison cells well enough. Luthien stared at the open door of her cell in amazement, but before she had time to process the fact that she was being “released”, the Mouth reached into the cell and, with an iron grip, seized her arm and tugged her out.
Luthien shrieked in pain, for he was twisting it in the wrong way, hardly caring that he was hurting her. When he had tugged out of her cell, he roughly released her, so that she stumbled and fell to the ground. Her face was hidden by her tangled hair, but she could hear his laugh.
“So much for the bravery and valour of the Gondorian folk,” he taunted.
Swiftly, his attention was turned elsewhere; idly, he walked over to Beör’s cell again. His grin widened, toothy and hideous.
“Well, well, well,” he mused. “What have we here? The ranger imprisoned for fourteen years, if I’m not mistaken. Indeed, there’s no mistaking fear.” He said the last word with particular emphasis and scorn. Luthien looked up at the Mouth, hatred burning inside her; she was in quite some pain, the force of being hurled to the ground having hit her hard. But still, no tears came to her eyes; she refused to do such a thing as weep for pain.
She looked up at Morwen, who was standing near, running a curious glance over the elf again. But her attention was drawn back to Beör; she did not feel as if she cared about herself at all in that moment. She found herself frightened for him; raising herself slowly and painfully to her feet, she looked on with wide, apprehensive eyes.
“Interesting,” the Mouth said, finally, and with his horrible smile, fitted the iron key into the lock of Beör’s cell. As he turned the key, the door swinging open, Luthien felt sickened by the Mouth’s grin. Her stomach churned as the Mouth shoved Beör from his cell, taking as little care for whether he hurt the ranger or not as he had done with Luthien.
Without thinking, Luthien darted forward to Beör’s side and clutched his hand tightly. The Mouth’s head turned quickly, having heard Luthien’s footsteps, guessing that she had rushed to her fellow prisoner’s side.
“The broken stick together,” the Mouth remarked, and with a grin, looked over at Morwen. “Isn’t that so?”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(see, i was confused by that, since Morwen was in the cell area already when Arawen was down there. Morwen lived there, since her primary job was making sure those that went unconscious from the torture didn't die.. she just was very good at sticking to the shadows. anyways, I'll tweak my post)

Morwen's eyes flickered back to the Mouth, "I suppose it depends on what you mean by broken." She made no effort to hide the elven lilt to her words now that he knew who she was, and that she was an elf.

She looked to the two other prisoners silently for a long moment, then she spoke calmly and directly to Luthien, "Open defiance will not get you far here, young one. Ask the ranger. 14 years is more than enough experience here." Her shield was still up when it came to the vast majority of her features, but her eyes showed how weary she was...weary of Mordor, of everything. she looked back to the Mouth silently.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 9:02 pm 

As the Mouth of Sauron strode back to Luthien's cell, Beör threw a quick glance at the girl, who'd accompanied the vile servant of Sauron to their cells, wondering if she would be a forebode of coming events. For a moment his brows furrowed at the sight of her Elven features, for he had seen the maiden many times, yet never had he discovered her true heritage. The ranger realised that she was the only person who'd been in this dark place at least as long as he was, yet he could not recall to have ever spoken to her. He did not know her name, just that she had the task to keep those alive, that were not allowed to die.. Vague memories floated back to his mind of her tending to the ill or the injured.. memories of pain but also some comfort.
Beör quickly shifted his gaze again and emptied his mind. As he listenend to the words exchanged between the Gondorian girl and the Mouth of Sauron he tried to deduct where the vicious creature was after, what for answers he needed or whether this was just a leisure visit. He felt a faint flare of relief upon hearing Luthien's calm answers and that she did not defy him, for she hardly knew where she was dealing with.
He watched how Luthien was dragged from her cell and then how the Mouth of Sauron turned back to him. His sneers were taunting and cruel, yet Beör could not resist the urge to reply to them. "But your accomodation is so fancy.. I grew quite attached to it." A hint of usual sarcasm could be noticed in his voice and Beör's eyes shone brightly. He realised what risk he took by speaking, yet he could not allow his dignity to be taken away, as little as he got left.
Without cringing or resistance he stumbled out of his cell, wondering what was about to happen. He glanced at Luthien for a short moment as she grabbed his hand, but eventhough he did not know how to comfort her, he clasped his hand firmly in hers to offer her some strength. His gaze shifted back to Morwen as she spoke to Luthien, but he then blankly stared the evil creature in front of them, resigning to the fact that the worst was about to happen...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next