Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dropped into the Real World LotR Style: Once More with Gusto
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 12:44 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

So, this will be the third time I have revived this rp because I'm still very fond of it and it was all going very well until AU got turned off and then it was blocked. But, a lot of the former writers have disappeared.

So, here's the deal: characters (Cannon and OC) have been unceremoniously dropped into a house with a few people from the real world. To make it more fun we are making it a college campus. The goal is to figure out why the characters were brought here and how to get them back without ripping apart worlds. I'd like to have more cannon characters than OCs. So if you join grab a cannon character first and add an OC later (preferably when the real worlders get pulled out to ME). There will only be four real worlders to cut down on the confusion of entrance. Just tell me who you are using, give me a short bio if it's an OC and then we'll start once everything fills up.

Another note: I would like this rp to be more for older rpers, even though it is fun. So, use description, no one liners. Most posts should be over a paragraph, a good rule is to fill in the quick reply box at minimum. It keeps the rp from being to fast and too boring.

Real Worlders (Roomates)

Alexandra Marie Deggins & Tyson- Maethoriel
Jolene - Will

Lord of the Rings Characters

Gandalf & Eomer - Maethoriel
Eowyn - Goldleaf
Aragorn & Boromir - Will
Pippin & Rosie Cotton- Freya Baggins
Legolas - Pandora

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Last edited by Maethoriel on March 13th, 2010, 2:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 12:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hey Maeth, I got your PM! I'd love to join again :-D I'll be playing Eowyn like I did last time, and I might throw in a real worlder or an OC later =)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 12:29 pm 

I would love to join too!

I'll join again with Jo and Aragorn.. and I'm thinking of picking another Canon charrie.. Boromir perhaps? :sly:

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 6:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

May I join? I'll only play canon characters if that's ok.

Canon characters: Rosie Cotton and Pippin

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 8:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

You are all most welcome! And I think Boromir would be a great addition to the group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2010, 12:19 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I'd love to join as Legolas, but I'll be gone for a week in Flordia so if this hasn't started by then then I'll join, if not then I'll just stalk the thread when I do :)

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2010, 2:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Awesome! I'll totally write you down for this Pandabear

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 1:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Hey, Panda I know you're out of town but I'm going to get the real worlders set up so don't worry about catching up or anything. I'll let everyone know when we are bringing in the LotR characters)

Alex dragged herself through the red door leading into the apartment with a prolonged groan. It had been a long day. Class from seven thirty to three with little time for lunch and then work until nine that night. Not to mention she was on call that night. Not that she minded, she loved her job assisting with the Vet at the zoo, but she was not the only one trained to handle the African wild dog about to give birth. Anyone could do it - they were all very friendly - but they like her "best" according to everyone else which was code for "You're new and we have things to do this weekend."

The door shut as she checked her bright red cell phone for the call that she was going to be "Auntie Alex" to several rambunctious pups but it wasn't there.

"Kovu and Kappa better love me for this," she complained half-heartedly as she shuffled across the checkerboard tiled floor. She was half-way to the fridge and to the glorious storage of caffeine when she was met with an extremely enthusiastic bark followed by the blur of brown and white that was her pitbull, Tyson.

He blocked her path to the drinks she so desperately wanted with and with a clank and tilt of his head dropped a silver dish and her feet.

Food time, the look clearly said and Alex adjusted her course to the pantry, dragged out a cup of dog food and gave it to the demanding dog.

"Fatty," she said as she poured the food snapping her fingers as the dog waited patiently. The snap cued his attack on the awaiting yummies and ignored Alex's snide comment. He'd get her for it in the morning when she was forced to wake up.

Now that Tyson's appetite had been appeased the brunette was free to get her Coke. She opened the door to the fridge and removed it then meandered into the connecting living room where she promptly dropped her school bag, fell onto the couch, popped open the drink and took a long swig.

"Ahhh," she said with a loud smack of her lips, the company would have found it most flattering for a commercial.

She propped her feet up on the coffee table and flipped on the television and let her over worked mind fall to goop as pointless shows flashed over the screen. She was soon joined by her overgrown lap dog who took it upon himself to stretch over her lap and the remainder of the couch.

They sat like this for a while, dozing off until the calm was shattered by the closing of the front door followed by familiar steps.

"Jo must be back," Alex stated sleepily as Tyson's fur lifted on his back indicating unhappiness and wariness - no one would touch Alex if she asked it of him - but it was diffused quickly to lazy annoyance when his living pillow gave it the okay.

"Hey y'all!" She yelled in a distinctive, but not quite overpowering southern accent derived straight from the Big Easy itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 6:58 am 

Jo entered the appartment through the red door, heaving her sport bag higher up her shoulder. She'd just returned from soccer training which had resembled closely to an army drill, but like their coach used shout while watching them doing push up: "Winners are workers and quitters never win."

Training had been exhausting, but Jo had a good feeling about this Saturday's match, which would decide which team was to promote. The blond softly hummed a song while throwing her bag down in the hallway and making way to the kitchen.

Ignoring the large amount of dishes which was waiting for them in the sink, Jo opened the refrigerator and took out her earlier prepared salad. Just like sports, cooking was one of her passions. Plain but healthy, was her creed, though it was something her roommates lacked. She at least could not eat the snacks from the frying pan.

"Hi Alex" Jo greeted upon entering the living room. She watched her sleepy roommate, who had settled herself on the couch with her dog Tyson. "Hard day, huh?"
She sat down on another comfortable arm chair in a tailor sit and attacked her salad. "Could you skip the channel, Alex? Grey's is starting any moment."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 11:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I think we will bring in all the LotR characters after Will posts. I'll post a general big entrance thing and then everyone can fall in.)

Alex and Tyson looked at eachother in a wordless exchange of amusement. Neither of them were overly fond of Grey's, but this was the second time the special on the Kakapos of New Zealand was on and they would be okay missing it this one time. Alex was very fond of those cute little owl parrots and Tyson was fond of anything colorful that made funny sounds on the television - the Kakapo, luckily, satisfied both of these likes.

Alex let out a tired sigh and sat up, digging through the seat cushions of the old worn out brown couch that had more than likely eaten the beloved remote. God forbid they had to get up and change the channel! Five quarters and a few moments later the remote was no where to be found in the dark abyss that was their couch's cushions.

The brunette sat up straighter and surveyed the sparsely furnished apartment living room for signs of it. Her eyes alighted to the DVD player where the remote sat on top nearly blending in with the black appliance. She pointed at it and looked at Tyson.

"Go get it boy," she said with an authoritative voice that tended to be used when things were not an option.

Tyson glared at his owner, but reluctantly slid off the couch with a huff getting the remote making sure it was extra slobbery before dropping it at her feet. Alex smiled and kissed his head and the dog's unhappiness was forgotten and his tail thumped happily at the attention. He hopped back up onto his spot as his owner flipped to the proper channel.

"Who's almost gonna die today?" She joked as Grey's theme music could be heard drifting from the speakers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2010, 3:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Farther back in the apartment, a girl dressed head to toe in ribbons and lace sat at a sewing machine, a black, gem-incrusted ipod blaring a random j-pop song into her ears. Over the noise, she heard the door open and shut, and Tyson's excited barking. Getting up she crossed the room, stopping to grab a black purse from the bed.

Alice stuck her head out of the doorway, "Hey, you all are back." Her speech was formal, as she liked it. "I made a new purse with Death Note apples on it!" Waving aforementioned purse in the air she skipped out into the room.

Despite her near overwhelming pink and white powder-puff ensemble and three-inch thick shoe soles, Alice Robin moved with incredible ease. She navigated the small room to plop down on the floor by the couch. She far preferred the floor, where she could stretch out without too much competition for space. "What are you watching tonight?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 8:54 pm 

Jolene watched Tyson from her eyecorners as she wolfed down her salad. "A little exercise won't kill you, you know," she commented dryly. She wrinkled her nose in disgust when Tyson left the remote at Alex' feet in a puddle of drool. "I'm so not going to touch that anymore.."

She sighed when she heard the theme of her favourite program. Although Jo had a realistic mind, she was still a daydreamer. It didn't matter whether it were novels, movies or series, she could shut herself off from the rest of the world and enjoy the story and sympathize with the characters, silently wishing she could be part of their world.

"Oh.. Meredith just found out that it was George who was hit by the bus." Jo explained enthusiasticly upon hearing Alex' question. "And Izzy recovered from her memory loss but she lost consciousness again.." Jo looked with a smile at her roommate but by seeing her face she knew she was joking. "I should have known.." she sighed, but a smile was still visible on her freckled face.

"Hi there yourself" she greeted Alice. "Grey's Anatomy just started.. it's the final episode of the season!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 1:11 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(YAY! We can bring all the LotR characters in now)

Tyson, as if he could detect Jo's disgust gave a low and clearly unhappy growl. The girl he laid on flicked him on the nose the action would have anyone else missing their hand. As it were, Tyson just pouted dejectedly by laying his head in her lap which she petted indulgently, causing his tail to beat happily against the sofa cushions.

Alex smirked and shrugged her shoulders at Jo's comment. "More control over the television for me and Tyson right here," she joked, scratching the dog's head again. "And I exercised plenty today. You try carrying around a knocked up wild dog half of the day," she said with a laugh.

She opened her mouth to make another dry comment, but was cut off by the peppy Alice as she flounced into the room. Alex didn't quite know what to think about Alice when she first moved in. The girl was definitely different than anything you would find in New Orleans - and NOLA had a whole lot of different. And for a while she had been a little annoyed with her constant happiness (no one should ever be that happy), but after the initial month she had grown used to Alice and her oddities.

Alex was contemplating over getting a bowl of popcorn when the lights and television went black. She groaned in annoyance and muttered angrily about the transformer that kept blowing outside. Her words were swallowed though when an angry howling wind swept through the entire house. The windows changed and warped til the were a silvery, like panes of mercury and not glass.

Her annoyance flicked to caution and fear in a second. She and Tyson had both launched to their feet, staring around the room in disbelief. The dog growled menacingly as they heard the dropping of bodies around the room and black people shaped form begin to wobble to a standing position.

------------------------------------------

Gandalf was the first to recover himself in that blackened, stale smelling, room. He couldn't see his hand in front of his face and he immediately tried to gather his wits. He was on a mountain not too long ago with a group set out to save their world. Now he was... well, he was not quite certain and that was never a good thing.

Suddenly the light appeared once more and the older man had to blink for his blue eyes to adjust to the sudden change. Immediately he took in his surroundings and was met suddenly with three sets of surprised eyes coming from three decidedly different looking girls.

One was dressed in more lace and ribbons than an elven child on midsummer's. The other was wearing shorts the fabric of which he had never seen. The other looked to be wearing long pants at her side was a snarling dog whose attention was focused on another man who the wizard recognized a rider from Rohan.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eomer pulled himself to his feet having had been dropped onto the floor. He did not even have enough time to catch himself with his hands. As he stood he was still working to regain his breath when the rest of his senses were thrown off balance by the bright light that suddenly shocked his vision.

He heard growling at his feet and he found himself face to face with a very angry bear baiting dog and the stern glance of the woman he stood in front of. His first instinct was to draw his sword and he followed it, that did not go over well with the girl who immediately burst through with words he did not understand.

------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as a sharp metal object was pulled from its scabbard she let out a sharp yell in her native Cajun French. She quickly grabbed hold of Tyson's collar.

"Behind me." She ordered, now standing in between the dog and the man with the sword. Tyson reluctantly pulled back, but his growls remained.

"Put it away," she said in a snarling tone that rivaled her dog's.

Eomer understood the words that time, but he was not inclined to follow the directions.

"For what reason?" He asked, although his words were apprehensive he realized that it was wrong to draw weaponry on an unarmed woman. His situation however, lended itself to new interpretation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 8:44 am 
Istari
Istari

((OOC: Rosie is outfitted like from my dad's fan-film, Peril to the Shire. She is wearing traveling clothes and is armed with a short sword. :) ))

Alice watched, wide-eyed, as figures started dropping into the room. It was like something out of a manga. It's times like these I really wish I had a box of pocky... she mused to herself. The old man with a grey beard was looking at them funny, like he'd never seen something like them before. Well, Alice could understand not ever seeing something like her before, but the other two were rather normal.

She scratched her head as the other one drew a sword menacingly. Who'd want to fight three girls and a dog? Then she gasped as two more figures started to appear.

-----

Pippin held his head in both hands, it hurt to travel... however they were traveling. I wish I hadn't volunteered for this crazy adventure, hobbits should stay warm and cozy, at home! Standing shakily on his feet he blinked a couple of times, willing his eyesight to return. When it did, the hobbit quickly spotted Gandalf.

"I would like to announce, in the presence of these witnesses, this was not my fault." Pippin, heading off any admonishment from Gandalf, stated loudly.

-----

Across the room, Rosie materialized behind a bookshelf. She heard voices on the other side and peeped out to see young Peregrine, Gandalf, and an armed man she did not recognize. Slipping around the corner of the bookcase, she sidled up next to her fellow hobbit, hand on her sword-hilt in case of danger. "Do you know what's going on, Pippin? Where's Samwise?"

Pippin looked at Rosie in surprise. Where'd she come from? and with a sword at that! He made no comment on her appearance though, simply saying, "I have no idea what's going on, and last I checked, Samwise was on a mountain top with the rest of us hobbits. No idea where he is now though, certainly not here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 1:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

The last thing that Eowyn remembered was complete and utter darkness, and then quite a considerable amount of pain as she dropped onto the floor. Cringing, she cradled a rather sore elbow and rose her head, for the first time taking in the scene around her. Her blue-grey eyes were wide with shock as she got to her feet. What was this place? It certainly wasn’t familiar in any way. Her gaze focused on the three rather strangely attired girls; one of whom, it now came to her notice, was facing her brother (who had drawn his sword on her) with an angry-looking dog. Deciding that it was entirely too confusing to question this bizarre situation, Eowyn rushed across the room, the skirts of her white gown rustling in her haste. “Eomer!” she blurted out, and flung her arms about his neck. It was a somewhat brief hug, for she then pulled back to glance at the girl, who was holding the snarling dog back.
"Lower your blade, I'm sure she's not dangerous," she said rapidly, her voice low. She knew that her brother had acted on instinct when confronted by the girl's animal; all these girls weren't much more than children, really.
Still standing at her brother’s side, she scanned her gaze around the room; dotted around were two halflings and a man with a beard and a pointed hat who looked familiar. It was a fair enough guess that they were not inhabitants of this world. She had heard of halflings, but to her people they were the stuff of children’s fairytales – and it appeared more and more likely that the bearded man was none other than Gandalf Greyhame, an old visitor to the land of Rohan; but more recently he was known as Gandalf Stormcrow. The Rohirric people had not been best pleased at the insolence of the man to choose Shadowfax as his steed. Still, Eowyn had always considered him interesting.
But this was not the time for reminiscing. Her sudden presence in this somewhat… unpleasant… room was unnerving. More than that, it was frightening. She could remember now before her sight had darkened and she had fallen to the floor in this place that she had been in the great hall talking with Theodred. He had been worried about something… she could hardly remember what it was now… but then everything had blurred and she had heard his voice as if from a long way off.
And then, this.
It didn’t seem as if anyone was about to explain, either. Reaching out and taking Eomer’s hand, she spoke under her breath in Rohirric, the language of their people; she didn’t feel quite comfortable using the common speech for some reason.
“Do you know what’s going on?” She knew the answer already; he didn’t. He was just as confused and disorientated as she was. But at least they were together. Better he was here with her, than being stuck in this bizarre situation alone.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on March 29th, 2010, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 1:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Goldy, Alex already told Tyson to back off earlier. She's standing in between him and Eomer. Not the other way around.)