Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Lets RP!
PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 6:28 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Naerwen straightened her shoulders and forced her head up. "You're right," she spoke quietly. "I cannot think of myself when we are all in such great peril...Even if it is my fault that we are in that position. I will pay my dues." Naerwen stood up and clasped her hair back behind her ears. "What should we do now? What action do we take?" She asked of her friend, beginning to pace as she tried to formulate a plan. "We will need to speak to the King. Tell him what we have found out..." he'll be so disappointed in me... her line of thought continued.

She wiped her eyes dry and stepped out of the abandoned storage cupboard. She stared out across the land as though expecting to see Durion riding towards her. She pictured his charming smile and his warm brown eyes. Her heart fluttered with guilt. He was the enemy now. She would take him down if it was the last thing she did.

Nerves settled in Durion's stomach. He did not plan to announce his presence so early on in the game. However, thanks to his mother, he had to. He wondered if he could discredit his mothers statement. Tell them she was dimensional. Off course the elves would see that she wasn't. There was no other option, but to face the problem head on. He would have to keep his distance. He knew they had the stronghold of Osgiliath. The army had fought hard, but they could not keep Durion's army back. They all died in vain. He wondered how King Aragorn would feel about that. He woundered who he had had stationed at Osgiliath. He would soon find out.

Durion glanced over at Locien, his brow raising. "You can choose to leave now if you so wish. I know this is not what you planned to do. I know you have a lover you would much rather have proud of you than disappointed in you."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rhavaniel smiled, pleased at the sudden show of strength from her friend:"I am on no good terms with his Highness," she said with a show of mirth in her voice "We have not spoken for many years, not since I convinced the dwarves that my trade was more profitable. I dare say he is content with his wines though. He is on better terms with the men of Dale than the rest of Middle Earth," she spoke softly as she walked into the sunshine, angling her pale face back to catch the warmth.

She had been close friends with Thranduil once. Certain unavoidable events had led to their estrangement, other decrees and certain members of their families had cemented the fact that what had begun as a friendly rivalry had resulted in far colder relations. Perhaps if Locien had still frequented the lands, perhaps then they may have been able to pass over their recent past with far more ease.

"Perhaps we should ride to Ithilien and seek out Legolas- see if we can't persuade them to travel back to Greenwood with us," the elf plucked at the hem of her dress, flicking a cobweb onto the ground "The king may take the news better if it arrives- or is spoken by- his son. At the very least the Prince should know of our journey. Mayhap we go in secrecy? Take our chances in the wild. We may arrive with less fuss without royalty."

Locien turned on Durion: "She took another as a husband."

His voice was clipped, his eyes that had wandered about so freely were guarded. He had forgotten himself. Images of his past lover swam up in front of him, pulling at his heart-strings, but he pushed her away. He had made sure Castien had died not soon after, spilling the secrets he knew in a most undignified way.
He knew this was a test. He knew he could not desert his master now in his hour of need.

"I have a greater cause to serve than my own heart," he continued "Except perhaps for revenge on the one who saw me disgraced."

Thranduil. He would see the king of Mirkwood suffer as he had suffered before this new war was over. And then the wealth of the elven kingdom und its southern duchy could be acquired and distributed as he saw fit. Perhaps he would allow himself a refuge in the ancient forest that had been his home. Perhaps Durion could be persuaded to give the lands to him to govern as he saw fit.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 5:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Naerwen glanced at Rhavaniel. "I fear for the safety of Gondor. Nessa has spilled Durion's dark secret. He has lost the element of surprise. He knows King Aragorn will be expecting him and whatever army he has bred in the shadows of Mordor." Naerwen laid her hands on the stone wall, staring out across the grounds once more. "Not all element of surprise is lost, however. I wonder if Durion will abandon the seige of Gondor and concentrate on another source of power. Perhaps he will save Gondor for later. Perhaps he will have us worrying...looking over our shoulders night and day. He will have us wondering when his shadow will darken our doorstep." Naerwen was surprised at how quickly she had been able to view Durion as an enemy. She began to analyse every memory she had of him to fathom out his tactics. "If you were to take over the world...what duty would you give top priority?" Naerwen's eyes scanned the horizon, unseeing, too lost in her thoughts. "Men are weak. They are gullible and easily led. I would break the men first. There are very few elves left on middle-earth. Those that remain are weary of war and desire an easy life. Some will fight, but Durion will dispose of them swiftly. The hobbits have no desire to step outside of their shires. They know little of the comings and goings of men. I doubt very much Durion will bother with them. They will not fight him. He knows this too well. In fact, to many of the hobbits, he is considered a hero."

Naerwen turned her back on the horizon. "I cannot believe I did not see this before..." She kneaded her head in her palm. "Durion has been planning this for a very long time...We would take many journeys together. Everywhere we went he would make friends. He would give gold to the dwarves for no real reason. He said it was to be nice. He said he wanted to reform the broken bond between our kind and the dwarves. He brought the hobbits food from the four corners of the world and small treasures that only a hobbit can truely appreciate." Naerwen sighed heavily. "Durion has been building allies for a long time. I fear that we will not be able to break them easily."

Naerwen started for the stables. "Come...We do not have time to waste. If I know Durion and I believe I do...He will seek support from his kin. He will appeal to them for aid. He will manipulate them against us if we do not get there first. He will have them destroy the very bonds of friendship we strived to build in the last war."

Durion's eyes narrowed. "Are you sure of your decision friend? Your part in this plot was not revealed to my mother. No one would suspect you. You can ride away from here a free man. You can return to your forests if not your love." Durion eyed Locien carefully as he dangled this carrot in front of him. Durion knew of Locien's deepest desires. To be stuck behind stone wall was a fate worse than hell for him. His elven eyes could not see the true beauty of Barad- Dur, like Durion could.

Durion came to a halt, tilting his pale face to the sun. "If you do choose to stay I think I should advise you that there has been a change of plan. Aragorn will be expecting my arrival. Perhaps if I fail to show they will question my mother's health. They will not attack Mordor until they know more about my habits. And that is pretty much impossible...it is clear my mother knows very little about the son she raised. I think we should pay a visit to your friend Thranduil. Maybe we can persuade him to lend us some numbers. The men will not attack their friends..." He rolled his eyes. "Men can be so disgustingly weak..." His nose wrinkled with disgust. "What say you...my friend?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 6:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rhavaniel fell into step beside her:"We must yet be wary of Thranduil. We know not what monsters whisper in his ears. He has suffered losses recently. The dark that has always dwelt inside Dol Guldur is stirring once more- The spiders are encroaching on the Forest Path; Watchers and Hunters are being killed by goblins and something else, something far more clever and far swifter than they have encountered in sometime. And we have felt it too- the Dark Lord's old stronghold is closer to our duchy than it is to Thranduil's strong hold. And yet our guardsmen have not been maimed in the same manner."

The elf paused for a moment weighing up the trouble it would cause to disappear unannounced (Morfindien's livid face and the implications of him not knowing) against their need for urgency. She supposed she might as well leave. Court had not become her for many a year now.

She did not mention the fact that Durion had been buying off the dwarves. It rattled her- She had deemed herself high enough in their council to be informed of other business partners, much the same as she knew of the Mirkwood king's trades.
After the loss of her late husband Castien she had put her trust in the bearded folk, offering various valuable trinkets she had been given as wedding gifts for an induction into their world of stone and jewels. They had appreciated her honesty with them, happy to take a small fortune in mithril for promises of other riches. And they had paid up, honest to their word.
A heavy green stone glinted on her left hand, a token of thanks for introducing a number of mortal gold-smiths to them. It was a heavy thing, more to her brother Morfindien's taste than it was to her, but she wore it fondly none the less.

"Personally, as a veteran soldier," Rhavaniel started. A very veteran soldier, her mind carried on, a very old soldier who has not led in battle since that fateful day when the night came crashing around ruining- "I, I would not know where to beginn. If he were to leave Mordor unattended... He must have powerful allies indeed, Naerwen. Perhaps he is indeed headed past Osgiliath and into the woods. Sauron found that the black trees have their uses- He bred many a foul thing there before unleashing his hell upon us."

"If you offer me freedom from my cage I will not deny it, Master. The trust you place in me is indeed a great honour- I will not let you down. If you do intend to see me go a free elf, then where is it I am to go? The men I knew in my day are long dead, my lover roams from rogue to rogue, my friends and family are in disgrace for my treason," he turned is pale blue eyes on Durion coolly. Somewhere in their icy depths there was a deep wound, betrayal infliceted on him by a great friend of all. The king had been but a prince that fateful day Oropher fell. Of course he could never forgive the fact that it had been him, and him alone that had offered up his location to Sauron in return for freedom. And peace from torture.

"King Thranduil never forgave me the engagement to my lover,it seems he felt he lost something that day," he commented drily,"Nor after my broken words bought him his crown. I should very much like to see his expression once he sees that I yet live and breathe. And I would like to think that there are those that still owe me favours," those elves whose lives my treachery saved, he added silently "The Southern Duke will be floundering by now. He will be glad of any excuse to pass the reins on to someone wiser," he felt his steed stir restlessly beneath him.

Of course, he did not know how anyone would react to his arrival. Especially not Rhavaniel. He could see the pain in her eyes once she discovered that he had lived, caged for so many years. Guilt would follow, then anger at others for stopping her search for him. He wondered who would bear the brunt of it.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Naerwen thought over her friend's words carefully. "I do not think Durion is acting alone. There is too much death to the point it is clumsy. Durion will need allies and many of them if he is to succeed in following his..." Naerwen swallowed hard at this point. "Father's foot steps. Whatever steps Sauron took, you can be sure Durion is taking the same. Only, Durion will compensate for the mistakes his father made." Naerwen reached the stables in great speed. Without waiting for direction from the stable-maid she glided to her own horse, stroking her affectionately. "King Thranduil has many enemies in this world. I can only assume that the deaths are meant to cause him pain. They are meant to terrify him in some way. Essentially someone is trying to weaken him. Perhaps this person thinks they can do a better job than he." Naerwen sighed softly. "How can there still be so much evil in this world?" She paused in her actions. "I have been thinking about Durion. He is very much like the One Ring. Sauron bound his soul to that ring. Could it be that Sauron's soul resides in Durion? Could it be that he was evil all along? I was too infatuated to see it..." She said as though confirming her questions.

Naerwen readied her steed. "I hope we reach Thranduil before Durion does. Durion is a cunning, charming man. He knows how to get what he wants. I fear that once he has his claws in Thranduil, our journey to him will be redundant. It will be a miracle if we make it out of their alive. To that end...I think it would be wise to let someone know where we are...I would not want anyone thinking we have abandoned them. The people need hope if they have any chance in surviving Durion's wrath." She emerged from the stables, glancing for anyone that could be trusted to inform the King and perhaps Morfindien of their plans.

Durion stared at Locien thoughtfully for a moment. "Can I trust you Locien?" He asked quietly, his expression devoid of emotion. "It is fair to say that you have served your purpose for me. I can still use your help, but it is unfair to keep you prisoner after all you have done for me already. So in that case I offer you freedom, if you can find it that is. There is not many who will accept a person back from the dead without explanation of where they have been. And what, my friend, will you tell them? Will you sell me out? Reclaim the good name you once had? Will I fight you too on the battlefield?" Durion stared ahead. "My path is already set out before me. I must follow it. However, Locien, you find yourself at a fork in the road. Only you can make the decision. If you stay with me I will give you every treasure or trophy that you desire for your troubles. I do not know of anyone who can offer you the same."

"I am going to level with you my friend," Durion continued after a moments silence. "I need you in my ranks. I need your contacts. I need your favours. I need all the help I can get if I am to see my father's dream realised. You can either help me or leave me. It is your choice." Durion urged his horse forward.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 7:38 am 
Maia
Maia

It was only when Morfindien had left the sick ward that he realised that he did not know where he was headed. He spied Emerion, his steward, headed towards the gardens of the upper level. Hailing him, he moved towards him.

"Mylord," his servant said warily.

The older elf sensed his masters discord clearly awaited some impossible or over complicated task. It was not uncommon for the Southern Dukes to act out, in fact they were known for it. Emerion remembered that day all those years ago when Thorin, the leader of a group of dwarves who sought out the riches under the lonely mountain. He had not ever encounter three beings more stubborn: Thranduil, outraged that they should ever dare enter his realm; Morfindien, furious that the king was hindering their progress (for who else had suggested such a difficult and mindless task? The duchy had lost a great many jewels to the red dragon Smaug, yet the Duke had feared to openly confront the worm. Any profit or under taking would mean that the king would be involved an, more likely than not, take more than his own share.)- or that tiny bearded creature with grey eyes like rock.

"Go to the healing wing, assist where you can," Morfindien said distractedly "I must find my sister. I fear the situation in Mordor is far more grave than we had imagined. Inform Aragorn that I must leave."
"Sire?" Emerion's eyes looked blank.
The duke's eyes flashed angrily: "He is crowned, is he not? I have paid homage to him and arranged for trade. I have nothing more to do here. Tell my captains that they should stay on for the celebrations. I ride now, our people must be warned. Follow within the week. Set my affairs in order, make excuses- whatever you wish. I will not loose any more warriors to the growing dark. Dol Guldur must be cleansed. Perhaps that ignorant fool Thranduil can be persuaded to lend his mighty hand," sarcasm dripped from his voice."He is after all our blessed sovereign."
"Sire," the servant said quietly.
"It is not your place to comment, Emerion!" Morfindien snapped.
"Sire-" Emerion tried once more.
"What?! What is your wisdom then? Do you think just because you are old, you are wise?"
He bowed his head low "If you seek your sister, she is in the stable. She too leaves 'now' I believe I. With Naerwen, if I am not mistaken. They seemed to be in a hurry."

The dukes face darkened and he turned to sprint towards, cursing as he went.

Rhavaniel shivered at the mention of Sauron. She touched the white scar on her cheek absently as memories of darkness and pain flooded her senses. She prayed it was not so. And yet, could it be? Could Sauron have made provisions even for the event that the one ring was destroyed? It seemed that he would simply not leave Middle Earth in peace.

"Pray it does not. I do not know if Arda could face the strain again so soon. Whatever problems Durion is intent on making, we must halt him quickly."

She watched Naerwen go with a sad smile and a nod. As she stepped up the the beast that had carried her faithfully through so much, a strong elven horse with a long neck and a fiery temper- a war horse from a much praised line, she wondered if she could face the thought of a new and improved Sauron.
The stallion reared its proud head as she neared it. It pawed the ground, eager to run free again. She pulled its tack from the stable maid impatiently and begann putting it on the horse.

"What do you think you are doing?"

The voice was unmistakable. The duke was out of breath and angry. Rhavaniel cringed. Sending a messenger would have been preferable by far. She subconsciously took another step into the stall and closed her eyes briefly. At least she was not Naerwen.

Morfindien caught sight of his sister's friend and quickened his step. "What were you thinking? Were you just going to disappear? After all the troubles of the past week were you not going to tell anyone that you were considering leaving? I had expected that much from Rhan, but you? I expected better of you Naewen."

Locien urged his horse into step beside his master's and turned his head to regard him: "I have been your father's informant, I shall be yours. Whom else am I to call friend? I ask only that you let us agree a story to tell. Perhaps a daring escape from the dungeons of Mordor? We would be received as hero's- Forgotten men whose place in the world was cruelly snatched away by the darkness. We play on their sympathy, my lord. I doubt Thranduil would be able to turn away such an old friend- even if I have wronged him. Surely he will think I have served my sentence by now. "

Mordor was yet a cruel and barren place, but with Durion as their leader surely one day it might bloom green and bright again. The dust on the road raced up to meet him, thrown up by their horses- might it once day be simply grass churned by heavy hooves? There was so much room for improvement here.

As they approached the Black Gates Locien felt a shiver of excitement go through him: Beyond them lay the 'free lands'. With Durion's support perhaps he might yet be able to return to his old station before rising far above it.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 7:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Naerwen's stomach twisted, repulsed by the thought of a new and improved Sauron. The thought of even admiring this man that threatened all that she held dear, sickened her deeply. Again she wondered how she could have been so blind to his wicked ways. Never again would she fall for the trappings of love. Naerwen drew herself from her pit of guilt as she stroked her faithful steed. "Have faith my friend. We shall give Arda the strength it needs to defeat this evil. If it is the last thing I do, I shall stop Durion."

Naerwen froze as she heard the unmistakable voice of Morfindien. "Restrain yourself my lord," she spoke calmly, although her heart hammered in her chest. "I had no intention of leaving without telling anyone of our departure." Naerwen turned to face Morfindien, glancing at Rhavaniel momentarily. Her eyes returned to the Dukes. Again a strange feeling shot through her body. She was surprised to find that she hated the thought of disappointing the man that stood in front of her. She had a strong urge to ease his worry immediately. "I was about to send a messenger to inform you of our plan. I have a feeling you won't like it..." she hesitated. "There's just no time to organise a more sensible strategy. I believe I know Durion's next move. I believe he will turn to the elves for aid. If I know him, he will turn to King Thranduil. He must be stopped. He cannot be allowed to have the power of the elves behind him." Naerwen stroked the hilt of her sword.

"Very well," Durion bowed his head to his friend. "I agree with you. Thranduil will want to know more information that just about our escape. He will want to know who is running the operation. He will want to know their plan." He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "We will need to be careful. The man is a fool, but very suspicious. We cannot give too much away, but cannot give away too little either." Durion lowered his hand to the reigns of his steed. "We have a long journey ahead of us and plenty of time to come up with a flawless plan." He stared ahead, with determined eyes. He was going to have to be careful indeed. He watched as the black gates opened to allow them to pass. He took a deep breath once on the other side. As much as he welcomed his father's legacy, he could not deny that his heart yearned to feel the grass beneathe his feet and the free air blowing through his hair.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 3:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rhavaniel caught Naerwen's eye then turned to the stable-girl and shooed her away. She patted her horse on the neck and emerged from the stall, taking her chances on the fact that her brother seemed momentarily speechless.
"Of course," she added smoothly "Thranduil may take the news better coming from you."

Morfindien's face flushed angrily, but he didn't speak. His eyes moved from his sister to fixate on Naerwen:"Luckily for you I have plans to return to the Duchy," Rhavaniel pulled a face and he flashed her a glare before returning his gaze to her companion:"You know Durion better than us all. If anyone is to go, you should. Have you ever met his Highness?"

He thought it was a pity that such a fair elleth was plagued by such a demon. Her life would be forever overshadowed by her dalliance with the half-elf who appeared to be Sauron's son. She could never escape it. Her chances of a 'noble'-marriage were all but shattered.
The Duke swallowed; he did not understand why that particular thought had made itself known.

He wondered if she would be able to hold her own against the Silvan king. Rhavaniel he knew would vex him to know end, but Legolas' father had a love for beautiful things. Be it gold, mithril or the charms of a lovely woman they all had a way of placating him. And both of the women facing him knew how to carry themselves. If anyone had to break the news of looming darkness, perhaps it was better it came from one of them. And if he gently pushed and shaped their words he may yet avoid another angry fit.

Locien breathed deeply as the wind blew into his face. It caught his cloak and hair and whirled them about. He felt its energy, his elvish blood boiling at the feel of it. Here was were the free people of Arda, led by the now king Aragorn had made their stand.

As they crossed the open plain he felt his pulse quicken with the stride of his horse; he smiled. He supposed they would ride hard until they passed from under the watchful eye of the White Wizard who still resided in Gondor.

The promise of his old life waved at him from the woods in the distance. They would formulate a fool proof plan, he knew it. And then they could beginn the reshaping of the earth.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 7:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

While Morfindien seemed to process her last speech, Naerwen took the time to compose herself and calm her nerves. "I believe you know King Thranduil better than any of us. You would be a great help in our quest, if you so wish to join us?" Naerwen asked smoothly. "Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of meeting his highness. I only have memories to acquaint myself with. I would certainly need both of your help to ensure I do not make the situation any worse than what it is." Her body shuddered involuntarily. She could only imagine what King Thanduil would have to say regarding her involvement with Durion. What little name she had would be destroyed instantly. She would be a traitor. Her reputation, that she has strived for years to build, will be destroyed in a matter of moments. Naerwen swallowed difficultly. "Nonetheless I will take on the duty of breaking this to him," no matter what the consequences are, her mind continued.

Naerwen turned back to her horse, double checking her work and supplies before mounting her steed. "You are right Morfindien, I know Durion well. He will be moving quickly. We will need to go as fast as our steeds can carry us. Durion will also be prepared. He will travel in small numbers, but will not be without protection. I would not be surprised to find his scouts around the region. Durion has been smart. He has had us all under surveillance." Naerwen closed her eyes. She really had been foolish and blind. There was nothing she could do now that would rectify her mistake. She would try.

Durion inhaled deeply, the fresh air streaming from his lungs all throughout his body. It cleared his mind and elevated his heart. A smile crept onto his guant face. Bit by bit colour returned to his features. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of nature around him. Soon it would be all his. He opened his eyes and stared ahead as he urged his horse faster. He shot a glance to his side, as though he could see the white city glaring down upon him. He sneered, rolling his eyes. The men of Gondor would be no match for him, when he returned with the strength of his kin. They would have to join him or die. He almost felt sorry for them. They knew nothing of him. They could not stop him. He absentmindedly stroked the gem that hung around his neck. No doubt she was still searching for him. No doubt she still yearned, loved and missed him dearly. He almost felt sorry for her.

"I do not know how much his highness knows of the goings on outside of his realm. I see no reason for him to bother about the comings and goings of the men and the dwarves, except for trade. Even then he simply orders one of his minions to deal with it. He would much rather admire the luxuries of this world. Gold. Precious jewels. Women..." Durion rolled his eyes with disgust. "I cannot understand how a man such as he can hold so much power." Durion spat. "Therefore I think it best not to tell him anything, if we can, of our business in Mordor. Not yet at least. I cannot have him being suspicious and poking around. We will need to tempt him with his deepest desires. Promise him all that he could ever want."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I miss this rp :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 7:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*Poke*

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20