Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I amar prestar aen-
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 1:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara smiled even wider, as her great friend Rhavaniel noticed her. She greeted her as well, with the traditional Elvish greeting and then a huge hug that they had done or many years. She laughed a bit and looked over Rhavaniel's face, as he spoke to her. "I've been traveling for months on my own. In search of answers..." She told her good friend, hoping that she would understand what exactly she was talking about.

Slowly looking over to the rest of the company, Amara smiled kindly to them and then nodded her head, cordially. "Who are your friends, Amara?" She asked softly, before her eyes caught a glimpse of a very familiar face. It was Legolas. The Prince of Mirkwood. She swallowed hard and then instantly felt the need to curtsy to him; so she did so. "Your Majesty..." She said softly and bowed her head.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 7:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn was surprised to see the fellowship before her. Yet her heart ached at the loss of Mithrandir. Many a time had been spent with him, when she was a child, listening to his tales of the world outside Mirkwood. "I wish to travel with you one day," she had told him. Alas she had waited too long. Marylyn's eyes came to rest on the female human, particularly at the gem around her neck. Her brow raised slightly.

Legolas glared at Arabella. He could not believe the way in which she had spoke to Sadron. "Arabella..." He sighed faintly. "This is Sadron the white and his sister Rhavaniel. They are my friends." He looked Sadron, smiling apologetically. He returned his gaze to Arabella. "We cannot be surprised by everyone's knowledge of us. Not anymore." He frowned deeply. This conversation was not one to be carried out in the dark forests of the world. He peered through the trees as though expecting to find someone listening in.

Marylyn bristled as Aragorn spoke of the troubles that were worming their way into Mirkwood. "Indeed we have had some troubles, but nothing that the warriors of Mirkwood cannot vanquish." Marylyn bowed her head to the heir of Gondor, smiling politely.

Gimli nodded his head to the elves before him. He was relieved that Legolas knew this company, yet he remained wary of them. It was indeed strange to find a party of elves riding in these dark times.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 10:27 am 

Ilasrian regarded the girl, Arabella, with curiosity. Speaking out of turn, and impolitely, had been a severe misstep on her part; but she stood out from the rest of her company in another way as well.

Since they had no need for four elves to deliver tidings of the threat in Mirkwood, Ilasrian quietly stepped away from her horse, coming to stand beside the human girl. She sent a glance in the direction of Rhavaniel, Sadron, and Marylyn, hoping they would allow her this one small conversation.

"How comes a woman to travel in the company of so many men?" Ilasrian asked Arabella softly, keeping her voice gentle so as not to alarm her.

At the very least, Ilasrian thought she might prevent another verbal blunder from the girl, since too many words here could prove to be quite dangerous; but she was curious to the girl's answer as well. She was human, and did not look especially old at that, so how had she had come to travel in the company of such well-regarded and important people from around Middle Earth? There must be more to her than met the eye.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 4:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She had done it again. Arabella bit her tongue as first Aragorn, then Legolas, scolded her for her sharp tongue and inability to think before she spoke. She tried to, sometimes, but she always ended up saying too much and at the wrong time. At times, it was an endearing quality, sometimes even useful. But among these courtly elves, it was clear that once again, Arabella had made a grave mistake.

She ignored Legolas' glare completely, but tried to look apologetic as she bowed her head towards the elves. "I apologize," she said quietly, reluctant to admit her mistake. "As my companions have said, my tongue runs ahead of my mind much of the time. I am Arabella, daughter of Keladry," she continued, reaching up to touch her necklace as she spoke her mother's name. She noticed one of the elves was looking at her necklace, but chose not to remark upon it for the moment.

One of the elves approached her and spoke to her, her voice sounding more kind than that of the others'. Ari turned to the elf, meeting her eyes. "I was a friend of Gandalf," she told her. "An apprentice, one might say--though it was never official, of course," she added quickly. "I--I am a sorceress, though I have much to learn. He was helping me." She gave a small sigh before looking back up at the elf maiden again. "I can produce powerful shield charms, and I can heal injuries. Gandalf thought I would prove useful on our journey." Almost immediately, she felt herself wince a bit. She feared that, once again, she had revealed too much.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 10:40 am 
Maia
Maia

Sadron felt his eyebrows leap up in alarm "Perhaps you should not speak so openly of sorcery, my lady," he said quietly, his eyes searching the surrounding forest for any hint of movement before resting sharply on her "It has been many a year indeed since such a-" Rhavaniel's face was carefully blank as her brother sought her gaze. He turned to Ilasrian questioningly as he concluded: "Rarity has been heard of."
"Indeed," his dark-haired sister commented, turning slowly from Naerwen"Not since we were children. Might I suggest you keep the knowledge of your," she didn't pause, but smiled "talents as well hidden as whatever other burdens you carry."

There was a lull in the conversation and Boromir felt himself grow uneasy. He shot Arabella a look as sharp as the councillors and held his breath. Anger was slowly brewing in him. Aragorn was their leader, and yet he had allowed this blunder. As the elves spoke he found himself wondering as to their age. They seemed so youthful, so bright in their mannerisms and yet at the same time their eyes bespoke of hundreds, even thousands of years of life. He caught himself staring at Legolas. How many years had he been a prince? How many until he became king, if ever? He must have lived many lives before finding himself with the fellowship- As close to death as he had ever been? Feeling jealousy whelming up inside him he threw Aragorn another glance. As a descendant of the Dunedain he too was blessed with long life. As a mere mortal Boromir knew his days were numbered. Again a strange longing rose up in his heart, but he shook his head clear as the elvish councillor spoke again.

"Mayhap we could share our evening meal with you," Sadron said reaching into his saddle-bag and smiling as he produced a small selection of dried fish and fruit "I remember on my journeys west our Lorien cousins would always ply me with Lembas. It never agreed with me all that much," his eyes met Aragorn's and he held the man's gaze. All the while gently maneuvering him towards the shadows "We must talk of what is to come. I am surprised to see you one less and yet without a replacement," his voice lowered as they reached the tree-line, gaze flicking to Legolas "I am sure I could spare my companions if need be."
With a graceful flick of his arm he tossed the food towards his sister who caught it and set it down.

"How charming," she smiled, clapped Amara on the shoulder and turned towards the Hobbits "Enjoy, please! Arabella, join us! It would be an honour for us to sup with your company. Perhaps we may yet lighten our hearts in such strange days. Answers or no answers to the greater questions," she turned to Marylyn and winked "Perhaps we might even chance a small fire to warm ourselves now we have made sure our clothes are clean."

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 9:11 am 

"Some tales should not be told in the dark of the night when the world seems full of peril and grief still seems near," he glanced sternly at Arabella but then looked at the group of Elves. "Others are better left to be told in a place where there is peace and safety, so let us talk no more of this.."

He caught Sadron's glance and walked with him towards their encampment. He sensed that the Elf was eager to talk about the quest and its fate now Gandalf was no longer with them, but Aragorn lay on hand on the counsillor's shoulder and said: "Lets talk about those serious matters in the morning. Now is the time to be merry and enjoy the company of old friends.." A smile appeared on his weathered features, a rarity these days.

The ranger quickly started to throw more firewood on the almost extinguished fire so that all would be warm and comfortable. The riverbank suddenly looked much friendlier in the light of the fire and as the members of the Fellowship sat down to eat and talk, it seemed only for just a moment that they were not on a dangerous journey of which the destination seemed so dark and hopeless. Every now and then Aragorn's gaze flicked towards Boromir, who didn't seem to look like his usual self. But instead of asking Boromir if he was well, Aragorn turned to Rhavaniel. "Pray tell me, what brings you so far from the Greenwood..?"

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 2:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn returned Rhavaniel's wink and turned to her horse. She rummaged in the bag for a moment and pulled out some more food for the company and some water. Her gaze fell on Boromir. "Would you like something to eat or drink?" She asked quietly as she held out the fish and water bottles to him.

Gimli took to chopping down some wood for the fire. He took up a seat around the fire and dug into the food. The taste overwhelmed his senses. Perhaps these elves could be trusted afterall, he thought to himself as he chomped down some more of the fish. He turned to Marylyn as she handed her food to Boromir. "You wouldn't have anything stronger than water in your bag would you lass?" He grinned to her. Marylyn chuckled faintly. "Off course Gimli," she said as she lay her offerings down beside Boromir and returned to her horse. She soon returned to Gimli and passed him some elvish wine. "Enjoy."

(Sorry for the short post :( I seem to have lost my muse hehe XD)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 13th, 2011, 3:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

"Right you are, Estel," Sadron said with a wry smile,"I'm afraid even I may forget myself these days. You have grown since we last met in mind and in body. Why, your wisdom is worthy of elves, indeed." The human's smile touched him, it was clear that the fellowship had been through tragedy- Gandalf's absence was indeed bad news. If the Istari had passed into the Halls of Mandos, then they were in trouble indeed.

Boromir watched his companions return with the councillor. He felt slightly sick and started as Marylyn, the blond haired elf who had arrived with the company offered him food and drink. It took him a moment to spring into action and he took what she offered stiffly. His eyes caught her's and he found himself drowning in her pale blue eyes. What were the elves doing? Did they not realise who they were- who he was? Gimli seemed to be warming to them though, smiling and laughing. He caught the other elf, Rhavaniel the counselor had said her name was, staring at him.

As Aragorn adressed her, Rhavaniel turned her gaze to him and gave a lazy smile, drinking from Marylyn's wine flask as she sat: "It has been many years since I left Eryn Galen, except for visits to adress trade or well, I have taken an intrest in the fate of Dale. Now that the world is darkening again," she stretched out her damp legs towards the flames "Well, I was curious. Our king is concerned- A rarity, I'm sure. Our borders have long been closed to men and dwarves," her smile faded "We accompany my brother to Lorien. We seek news, support- Our southern scouts do not always return. The spiders are multiplying."

"Sister-mine," Sadron threw in taking the flask from her with a quelling look. He smiled at the ring-bearer "Frodo, your name is known to us. I believe we were," a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes,"hosts to your kinsman for a time. It is thanks to him we were able to regain much of our," for a moment he paused and winked at Gimli across the fire "Belongings we had believed long lost to the golden worm."

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 12:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tears stung Ari's eyes, and she angrily blinked them away, biting her tongue so hard she tasted blood. Could she do nothing right anymore? She had done what the elf wanted, she had answered her question. And for this she was punished yet again? She could only imagine what Gandalf would say if he could see her now.

Ari longed to ask Sadron and his sister what they meant when they had said they hadn't heard tales of sorceresses since they were children. Surely that was not the case? Elves lived for so long, perhaps it was merely an exaggeration. Mama used to tell stories of magic all the time, she mused. I grew up listening to them. Why are they behaving as if it is so rare? I thought my gifts were special, something to celebrate, not to hide. It's not as if I have any dark, evil powers! Shields and healing, that's what I do. What can possibly be so frightening about that? Or are they merely worried that I spoke about my powers, instead of just what they are? She cast one worried glance around the forest, suddenly wondering if others could be lurking in those shadows.

At Rhavaniel's request, Ari joined them around the growing fire, sitting down between Frodo and Sam, across from some of the Elves. She ate quietly, determined not to make an even bigger fool of herself. What must Frodo think of her now? As she ate, her hand was once again drawn to her necklace, playing with the little gem absentmindedly. She knew that blonde elf had recognized it and wondered if she would bring it up.

It would be up to her, becasue for once in her life, Arabella had decided to keep quiet.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 6:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn grimaced as Boromir took her offerings. She could sense he was not quite comfortable around the current company. Why? She asked herself. Have we not been kind to him in the past? She shook her head dismissively only to find Boromir's eyes gazing into her own. "I hear you are quite the valiant warrior," she said, with a warm smile, hoping to ease his mood. "Perhaps you could teach me a thing or two, one day," she winked to him before taking a seat around the fire. Her pale hands were held out to the fire, hunger and thirst evading her.

Gimli looked up from his second flask of wine to find Sadron winking at him. Having not followed the conversation, he merely winked in return and began guzzling down food again. A mischevious grin crossed his face. He nudged Legolas, who had taken a seat beside him. "May the best dwarf win, eh?" He raised the wine flask to his lips and tilted his head back, falling backwards in the process.

Legolas wrinkled his nose in disgust briefly, before laughing. "Gimli, my friend, I believe you have already won. Perhaps some sleep would do you some good." He said as he tentatively took the flask from Gimli's hands. Gimli grunted something unintelligible before slinking off to sleep. Marylyn reached out for her flask. "I am so sorry," she said, biting her lip. "I did not know Master Gimli was so fond of our wine," she giggled faintly. Her eyes fell upon Arabella once more. It was clear she was upset. Marylyn assumed it was due to the chiding she had received from her companions. She stood and walked around the circle to Arabella. "Here," she said quietly, offering her the flask. "Do not take it personally my lady. All of our nerves are on edge in this dark time," she whispered, so only Arabella could hear. Marylyn watched as Arabella's hand moved up to play with her necklace. "An interesting necklace you have there. A family heirloom I presume?" Her brow arched faintly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 8:57 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

~This rp still open? :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 10:13 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I hope so! I'm not sure who's turn it is, but I'll post just to keep the story rolling!)

Ari gave the she-elf a faint smile of thanks as she took the flask, bringing it to her lips. The wine was sweet and good, but after seeing Gimli's strong reaction to it, she was wary of taking too much. She took a few more small sips before returning it.

She gave a little nod at the elf's words, not really paying attention. She was determined to not make a fool of herself and her companions this time. If that meant staying silent until this group of Mirkwood elves left them, then so be it. When the elf mentioned Ari's necklace, however, she looked up in a mixture of alarm and curiosity. She had recognized it! Ari's grip around the gem tightened when she heard the elf's 'family heirloom' comment, as if afraid Marylyn might take it from her. The words 'I didn't steal it, if that's what you mean,' immediately sprang to her tongue, but she bit them back.

"Yes," she said, her voice quiet but sure. "It was my mother's."

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 11:46 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

~I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I'm not sure if there is order to this rp. If there is please let me know. :) I simply post because I like the way this rp is going :D

Marylyn flashed Arabella a knowing smile. "A gift from Lady Galadriel, I believe?" Her brow raised slightly. She was careful not to say too much, aware that too much knowledge might frighten the woman. Her nerves must be on edge considering the ordeal she and her company had been through so far. She could only imagine what was going through Arabella's mind at the loss of Mithrandir. That was going to be a scar that would stay with her forever. The journey alone through the mines of Moria must have been a nightmare. Marylyn could not imagine being in an enclosed area. She was one with nature and always would be. In her mind, images of her dancing through the trees, listening to the animals around her ran before her eyes. It occured to her that if Middle Earth were to fall under Sauron's darkness, running through the trees would just become a distant memory and a longing dream. Her brow creased with worry.

It seemed as though there had been a silence for too long. She realised how rude she must have seemed, disappearing into her memories at a time like this. Clearing her throat, she straightened. "Eat and rest dear Arabella," she winked to the woman before walking off and peering round at the trees. The fear of being watched was a constant companion for her when out on a charge. The woods and forests of Middle Earth held no shelter or comfort for her in these dark times.

Legolas glanced up at the mention of Galadriel. "We have just come from Caras Galadhon. We were lucky to receive gifts from Queen Galadriel too," he appraised Arabella's necklace. "Galadriel! Galadriel! Clear is the water of your well. White is the star in your white hand. Unmarred, unstained is leaf and land in Dwimordene, in Lorien. More fair than thoughts of mortal men." Legolas recited. Gandalf had always held Galadriel in high splendour. It was a shame he could not have accompanied them to her beautiful realm. He gazed into the fire, twirling one of Marylyn's wine flasks in his hand. "To Gandalf," he said, raising the flask to his mouth and taking a sip. The following silence was peaceful until it was accompanied by a loud snore coming from Gimlis' direction. Legolas snickered quietly as he passed on the flask.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 12:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

:hug: Keep it going! :goofy:

Rhavaniel too felt her mind wander to the dark depths of Moria. Many years ago they have glittered and shimmered in firelight, diamonds and mithril decorating the fabled walls of Durin's kingdom. Although the Dwarf kingdom had been devoid of natural light and flora there had been a certain something in the air. It had drawn her father there eons ago- As dragons roamed the world it was necessary to replenish one's treasure stock, especially with Greenwood so close to the Lonely Mountain. Back then it had been called the Dwarrodelf, a beautiful and rich kingdom with many visitors- In this day and age it was a deserted web of corridors, all the wealth gone and the hearth fires replaced by a Balrog of Morgoth. The elf shuddered and glanced at the sleeping dwarf; what a terrible fall from grace for such a mighty race.
And then there was Arabella. She watched the mage carefully from her place across the fire, the glow bringing out features in her face that were far more angular and warlike than her looks. Fire and ice, the elf remembered, and iron.
"To Mithrandir," she echoed detachedly.

Sadron caught her meaning and offered her a small smile "He would be pleased to see us gathered together. I pray to the stars we may yet find a way to replace the hole he will leave in our hearts and ranks- Although," the counselor ran a hand through his hair delicately, trying not to disturb the braids:"I believe your young dwarf has discovered one of the oldest and most popular remedies. I can only apologize, it takes a lot more to affect us- We make our wine much stronger."

Boromir gave a chuckle, but said nothing. His eyes were fixed on the flames before the small group, seeing far away into a world that would and could never be. When he raised his head to swing it around to his companions, it reddened slightly: "What?," he asked boldly.

Sadron laughed "Nothing in the slightest! We are pleased to see you are still with us!"
"Come now,"Rhavaniel interjected, glancing at Marylyn "Perhaps you have looked too deeply into the flask as well, brother!"
"I cannot," Sadron insisted with a wink and a grin "But I shall move on to water nonetheless. Will you not back me up, Marylyn?"

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 1:01 pm 

[ Currently, I'm really really busy with uni and other study stuff.. I hope to find time to post soon. So don't get too far ahead please.. ;) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 1:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

~I understand that only too well Will :) What are you studying at uni?

Marylyn wandered between the trees, looking up into their branches with wonder. It would destory her to seem them gone. Where would she roam if not in their branches? Her fingers trailed over their back, their memories flooding her view. They brought a broad smile to her face. At least there was still hope, she could feel it all around her. Her mind fell to longing for the golden Mallorn that circled Queen Galadriel's home. Marylyn regretted not spending longer there and venturing their heights. One day, she vowed. "To Mithrandir," she whispered softly, closing her eyes briefly.

Gimli was lost to the company in sweet dreams. In his mind's eye he dreamed of the great mountains that homed Dwarrodelf. He dreamed of its mighty halls and the treasures it hid. He dreamed of the big feast that his cousin Balin had promised to provide. A smile spread across his face and he smacked his lips hungrily. With a grunt he rolled over to his side, falling deeper into his dreams. They seemed to offer a comfort no elven wine could fulfill and so he accepted them eagerly. Morning could wait as far as Gimli was concerned.

Legolas watched his new-found companion curiously. Before the fellowship began, if he was told that his closest companion was going to be a dwarf he would have laughed in their face. He grimaced at the person he used to be. In truth he was glad to have Gimli. In a strange twist of fate, Gimli had become his other half. When he was sad, he could count on Gimli to lighten his spirits. Legolas chuckled faintly at his thoughts. He stood and pulled a blanket from his pack and laid it over his friend, shaking his head dismissively. "I would not worry Sadron. I do not think Master Gimli will say no to another helping of our wine, even if he gets a headache with his helping tonight."

Marylyn opened her eyes to the sound of Boromir's loud question. She glanced in his direction, noting his red face. She stifled a giggle, shaking her head dismissively. She looked up to Rhavaniel and flashed her an appologetic smile. Perhaps wine had not been the best of her ideas. "I see no harm in a small drink. We have our victory and I am sure our friends appreciate its warming traits if nothing else," her eyes fell on Gimli momentarily before looking to Sadron. "I do also believe too much of a good thing is bad for you," she chuckled softly before tossing him her water skin. Snickering she returned to keeping watch on the surrounds. As much as the wine had warmed her bones, it had done nothing for her suspicions of the forest. She started to wonder if anything could ease her suspicions.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next