Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir smiled gratefully just as his stomach growled. "Thank you. And we shall reach Rohan with no trouble, at least, I hope." He began rolling up their blankets and packing away more of their possessions. "I doubt King Theoden will take the news well, given that he has already been through so much."

Lona slowly became aware that the sun was shining and birds were singing their songs. She muttered something incoherent before frowning and cracking her eyes open slightly, nearly blinded. "Morning already?" she whispered. She again was aware of Faramir's closeness, and that his arms were wrapped around her. And that he was watching her. Her cheeks turned red. "My Lord! I-I mean, Faramir...did you not sleep at all?"

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 6:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"There has been word of enemy scouts. We must tread carefully." Caran peered between the trees cautiously as she packed away her things. "Passage to Rohan is well sheltered though. We should have no trouble if we keep our wits about us." Caran packed away the last of her belongings and came to stand at Boromir's side. "No King Theoden will not appreciate our visit and the news we bring. His people have been through enough. He will not want to put them through anymore pain or fear. It is unfortunate that he has little or no choice in the matter. War is upon him, there is no denying that. Whether he chooses to fight it on his own later or with all of us now is his decision. I hope he makes the right one." Caran chewed at her lip nervously. Her spine tickled, she could not shake the feeling that they were being watched.

"It is morning, but not yet noon. We have some time to get ready and gather ourselves." Faramir ran his hand through her hair again. "I am fully rested, Lona. Besides, I believe you deserved one night where you were not full of worry. You deserved one night to sleep peacefully in knowing you were safe and protected." Faramir drew himself into a sitting position. He rummaged in his bag for food, passing some to Lona as he found it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 7:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir slid his arm around her shoulders. "Perhaps a Lord from Gondor can help him in his decisions." he gave a light squeeze and kissed her cheek, then quickly mounted his horse. "Come, we cannot remain here any longer."

Lona looked down. "You are the first man to ever treat me like this. Thank you." she kept her eyes lowered as she took the food and slowly began eating it, savoring it. "As soon as we are packed up we need to get moving. I can feel the dark army grouping already." she shuddered. "This battle shall be even worse than the ones in our past...Gondor stands alone, I do so hope that the elves and Rohan agree to lend aide. If not...all of Middle earth will fall."

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 10:24 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I sincerely hope so." Caran diminished the small camp fire and wiped away any sign that they had ever been there. The memory of that night would stay with her forever. With one final glance around the campsite, she mounted her horse. It was a cold afternoon so she drew her cloak around her. "Ride fast Lord Boromir. We have very little time left." With that Caran jolted her steed into action.

"You give hope to others, but keep none for yourself." Faramir noted. "The elves and everyone else will come. This war does not only affect Gondor, but all who live and breathe in middle earth. They all must fight and they will." Faramir finished his breakfast and began to pack while Lona ate.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 8:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir urged his mount after her, easily matching the pace. He was always watching her as they rode, making sure she was safe.

She looked down. "The army is massive. A new breed of Orc, with wits and brains. They are bigger, stronger." she was now back to business, telling him what she knew about the new dark army. "They have new weapons."

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:25 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sorry i've been taking so long to reply. I'll try and get on top of it :D Still on holiday mode! Haha)

Last edited by Naerwen on June 28th, 2012, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:29 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran caught Boromir's eyes on several occasions. Her stomach would errupt into butterflies every single time. It warmed her to know that he was not too far and more than willing to protect her. She only hoped he was allowing the same protection to himself. Off course, if he wasn't, she was only too sure she would step in with her own protection. She had found this diamond and was not about to lose him to anything. Caran sighed blissfully, the silence of the landscape engulfing them. Come to think of it, it was too silent. Caran drew closer to Boromir, her ears perked to the surrounds, her eyes darted this way and that, keeping a look out as they made their passage over the landscape.
There was an unmistakable noise. Something was flying hard and fast through the air. The next sound was sickening. Flesh tore, bone broke and blood splurted. Caran looked at Boromir, her eyes wide. She searched, but no wound could be found. A searing pain errupted under her collar bone. She looked down to find an ugly black arrow protruding from her. "Oh..." she whispered slightly, shock engulfing her. She turned and looked behind her to find a hoard of goblin orcs chasing after them.
The mist of confusion was gone, her hand settled on Boromir's shoulder. She shoved with all her might. "Don't stop! Keep going!"

Faramir listened intently to Lona. His brow furrowed deeply. Only now did he realise the true weight that had been on her shoulders. It was too much for her to carry on her own. He vowed there and then to share her burdens. He could not bare to hear the worry and fear in her voice. Her voice was so light and angelic, it should not have been carrying such horrible and dreadful news. He raised a finger to her lips. "Hush..." he whispered softly. "They may have brute strength. They may have their wits about them. But we have that too. We have the dwarves brute strength and heavy hammers and axes. We have the wit and intellect of the elves to guide us. We have our own common sense and strategies to see us through. Please Lona, have more faith in your ability and our ability. We can do this. I will see no harm come to middle earth. I will see you safe. I will see you smiling, like you should have always been." He caressed her cheek softly. "Have some hope Lona."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 6:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

(haha no problem at all!)

Boromir, stubborn as he was, did stop. His eyes widened, then narrowed. He quickly drew his sword. "Caran, I will not abandon you to death!" he jumped from his horse, swatting Caran's horse's behind, sending it lurching forward. "Go! I'll catch up!"

"Hope is something I leave to those who need it." she stood. "For now we mist continue on in search of the help the Elves can give us." she smiled slightly. "I believe you. But I am also cautious."

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 8:46 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's eyes widened. "No! You will get yourself killed!" Caran, with her remaining good arm, used the reigns to turn her horse. "We must flee," she said with minor disappointment. Turning she reached her hand out to him. "Come with me....Please..." she pleaded, the pain coursing through her a mere nagging compared to the fear of losing him. "I need you, Boromir." Her eyes darted to the advancing orcs. They were far enough, that escape could be possible. Speed was of the essence. She turned her pleading eyes back to Boromir.

"Then I give you my hope. You need it. How ever else will we get through this storm?" Faramir got to his feet. "The elves are kind people...they will not leave us. They will not serve us up to our own destruction." He held his hand out to her, ready to help her to her feet.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:58 am 
Istari
Istari

Boromir glanced at her, then back at the orcs before he sped into action. He jumped in his horse. "Let's go!" he said, urging her on ahead of him. "Full speed!"

Lona looked at his hand, then slowly took it and pulled herself to her feet. "You are kind." she said quietly, avoiding his gaze.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 11:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran threw a terrified glance over her shoulder as she turned her horse away from the black mass. "Follow me," she said, fixing Boromir with her gaze. Kicking her horse in it's hunches, she sped off into the forest. At first she dived to the right and then she dived to the left, losing the orcs in the wilderness. Pain seared from her collar, down her right arm. A heat followed, sure to be blood. Her wound would have to wait. They were far from safety.

"I am who I am, nobody else." He smiled warmly to her. In answer to his whistle, their two horses trotted to them. "Your stead awaits," he said softly, leading her to her horse.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir soon was beside her, steering his mount so as to stay close to her even as they sped away. "We'll lose them soon!" he yelled over to her, his concerned gaze going dark as he saw the extent of her wound.

She easily and quickly mounted her horse, keeping an eye on the forest around them. She suddenly felt uneasy. As though some horrible thing was happening. "Caran..." she swallowed. That had to be it. "My Lo-er, Faramir...I...I am concerned for my friend. I feel uneasy."

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 5:19 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran listened intently, as the screech of the black mass that followed began to fade. "Just a little further," she coaxed, wincing slightly with each breath. "We'll need to find a stream," she murmured. "They'll be tracking our scent and our prints." Caran glanced at the ground, her vision blurring almost immediately. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deeply. "Let's hurry...please."

Faramir mounted his horse and came to stand beside Lona. "There is no need to worry. Caran is quite safe. Boromir will not let anything happen to Caran. He cares too much for her to allow anything to happen to her. Faramir reached over to Lona and stroked her cheek. "She'll be fine. I promise."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 10:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir made a quick decision and reached over, dragging her into the saddle in front of him. He took her horse's reins and held her tightly while leading the other horse along.

"I still hold fear." she said, being honest. "Fear is something I do not easily admit to.." she whispered, covering his hand with her own and holding it to her cheek.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2012, 8:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran gasped sharply at Boromir's swift action. She was momentarily amazed by his strength, but was interrupted by a wave of sharp pain. Her lips drew to a tight line. She could not begin to imagine the fear and worry crossing Boromir's mind, she did not want to add to it. Carefully, she leaned herself back against his chest. "I'm so sorry," she whispered softly. Caran listened faintly to the sound of the horses hooves splashing through shallow water, the sound drowned out the orc's screech. When they passed the river, the were engulfed in silence. Caran's eyes began to close. "Just a little further...then we can...we can rest."

Faramir drew Lona's hand to his mouth. His lips caressed her skin softly. "I promise we will rope round to Rohan to check on Caran once we've been to see the elves. I am sure she is fine. She's a strong woman, just like you. She did learn from the best afterall." He smiled warmly to her. "Come. We must not delay."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 18th, 2012, 4:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Hush. It isn't your fault." he whispered, holding her tightly against her. As soon as he found a good place to stop, he immediately stopped and pulled her from the horse. He grabbed a blanket and threw it open on the ground and laid her down on it. He was gentle, but his movements were hurried. He took a small knife and began cutting the fabric of her clothing away from the wound.

Lona nodded. "Thank you." she looked ahead and nudged her horse into movement. "At least we are closer than we were. I believe we need to make all haste possible."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next