Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Night to the Edge of Day
PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 6:32 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sirel closed her eyes. It was hopeless. Darkness clutched at her heart. "What's the point?" she murmured. "Why fight against something so strong? We can't hope to win."

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 10:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus slumped into the chair beside Lona's bed. He watched her carefully, his eyes drowning in worry. He could not help, but agree with Sirel. Had they not just witnessed the cruelty and strength of Sauron's warriors? Their number was too great. There was very little chance of opposing them.

Marylyn stared in wonder at the trio before her. "Then your only other option is torture and death. You cannot escape Sauron's arm. There is no way out. And they do not take prisoners." Her tone became angry. "How can you give up on yourselves so easily? I watched you all fight. I know what you can do. Have you nothing left to fight for? Each other? Freedom? Will you take the boat to the grey havens and leave the others to perish?!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 8:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna gasped. "I will stay. I will fight." she blocked the evil from her mind. "Marylyn is right. Would we be so selfish as to worry about our own fate? And not stay and help defend the rest of those who reside in Middle earth. I could not so easily live with myself if I left and knowing that I am leaving everyone who resides here to a cruel fate. I cannot do nothing." she whispered.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 8:57 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Lady Galadriel has made her decision to leave Middle Earth, but in her wake, she leaves a fine army, more than capable of destroying the armie of Mordor. I will be in that line up." Marylyn bowed her head to Luna. "Rest easy. Gather your strength. The time of war is soon approaching. We need all the help we can get."

"Marylyn!" Markus's eyes were wide. "You are pregnant! You cannot fight! What about the baby?"

"If I do not fight, there will be no world for the baby to be born into Markus."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:52 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna slowly shifted her feet over the side of the bed, then slowly and shakily stood. "Marylyn. With all due respect...stay behind the lines. Give the orders. Summon help. That is just as important as fighting. If not more." she closed her eyes, willing away the dizziness.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 11:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn nodded her head, stepping over to Luna. "If orders are what I should give, then I will." Her hands grasped Luna's shoulders gently. "I order you to rest and not to leave this bed until you are back to full health. Markus, Sirel and I are here to help you. Whatever you need." Slowly and carefully, she lowered Luna back to the bed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 9:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sirel didn't say anything. Her doubts still weren't fully assuaged. Part of her wanted to stay and fight, but part of her was rooted deep in the things she'd been taught as a child - that the age of elves was drawing to an end, and that eventually almost all would sail. They would leave the other races to themselves, and of they couldn't keep care of themselves, that was their problem and not the elves. The elves had no need to continuously support the humans, especially if it endangered the lives of the elves. Sirel's mother had drilled that into her head countless times. Now the young elf didn't know what to do. She didn't know what was right or wrong.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 12:04 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna shook her head. "Please. I will do anything but that. I am well enough. Allow me to finish my training so I may be.." she paused, clenching her teeth as she willed the vision of the firey eye from her mind. "So I may be of use in your army."

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 4:31 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn frowned deeply. "I propose a compromise... We all rest tonight and begin training in the morning." Marylyn found a chair and drew it close to Luna's bed side. "I am far too tired tonight..." she sighed softly. Her right hand stroked her wedding band lightly. Her thoughts turned to Haldir and how much she needed him. He was her strength. Without him she was nothing.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 17th, 2012, 9:15 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I will join you in training," Sirel said after a moment. "If only to avenge the elves who have fallen to this darkness. They will not be forgotten. And their sacrifice will not be in vain. Haldir... I will remember him."

PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 4:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus stood and left the room. Marylyn watched after him, her brow raised. Her unspoken question was soon answered when he returned with blankets. Wordlessly he held out a blanket to Sirel. He then proceeded to drape a blanket over his sister. He took his time, tucking her in. "You used to do this to me..." He smiled faintly as he took his seat. "Sirel is right...Haldir will be remembered and he will be avenged. His sacrifice will not go unnoticed."

Marylyn smiled warmly at her brother. "I will soon be able to do that for my child." She sighed softly. "If the war goes our way anyway..." she tilted her head against the chair.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 7th, 2012, 12:35 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sirel accepted the blanket gratefully, wrapping it around herself as se watched the interaction between Marcus and Marylyn. She smiled. "It will be wonderful when your child is born, Marylyn. There are very few young elves around these days. I expect there will be a grand celebration." If only the child could be born in a time of peace, with a father to hold him or her.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 10:49 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna felt restless. "i need fresh air..." she whispered. "please excuse me..." she slid from the be and began walking, to where she didn't know. After a while, she foubd herself near a stream. The gentle sound of the trickling water slowly began to relax her mind. She dipped her bare feet into the cold wtater, letting the flow run over her toes.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus raised from his seat, watching as Luna made her exit. He wanted to follow, but was sure that Luna would not appreciate being followed. There was a heavy burden on her shoulders that she needed to sort through on her own. He hovered by the chair debating whether to go or not a moment longer before sliding back into his seat. His own shoulders were heavy with worry for his sister and worry for his friends. Fatigue raced through his body and in no time he was asleep.

Marylyn turned her eyes to Sirel. "You knew Haldir well?" She asked, her voice strangely timid. She turned to watch Luna leave and her brother swiftly fall asleep. She smiled faintly before returning her attention back to Sirel, her expression eager.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 8:40 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Yes, we were childhood friends." Sirel smiled faintly at the memory. "He would come to Imladris often and join myself and the lords Elladan and Elrohir in whatever we happened to be doing. We had many adventures together - quite a few of which got us into trouble. I hadn't seen him in many years, however. He was a good elf."

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 6:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn smiled warmly. "I wish I could have known a younger Haldir. He told me stories off course, but stories do not compare to the real thing. You were lucky to have known him then. He would have been carefree, with no burdens on his shoulders. It was a happier time then. It is a shame he won't see those happy times returned." Marylyn's voice was soft and sorrowful. "Tell me stories Sirel. I would appreciate them very much...That is if you are not tired?"

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next