Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 10:19 am 
Istari
Istari

Mariel gasped in horror and recoiled, where as Lairiel just stood and watched Holly stalk away. "that went well." she said dryly to herself. she knew her sister would not be swayed in her decision, so she shouldered her bag once more and headed towards the door.

Mariel trembled as she watched her go. partly from rage and partly from the shock of what she had just witnessed.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 2:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Lairiel..." Morohtar finally spoke up, laying his hand on her shoulder. "Please stay with Holly and I." He glanced at Mariel, taking in her shocked expression. "From the looks of things, Holly and I will need to move out tonight." He shuddered involuntarily as he remembered Holly's outburst.

Lucius stepped close to Mariel, staring at the spot Holly had stood moments before. "What is she?" He asked curiously.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 6:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

"you two will not need to move out." Mariel spoke up. "things happen that cannot be explained and you are both welcome here still." her icy eyes regarded Lairiel, no spoken words necessary on that issue.

Lairiel hesitated. "As...much as i would love to stay with you both...i think i have over stayed my welcome." she said slowly, then she glanced at Lucius. "She is merely a girl, sir."

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I would hope that you will not go too far. Holly still needs to find her feet and she needs you for that. You give her wings to fly. I give her a ground to land on." Morohtar bowed his head, wondering idly if Holly would still like to follow in Lairiel's footsteps and if so what did that mean for their future?

Shaking his head he glanced at Mariel. "I am so grateful to you for putting Holly and I up these past few days. We cannot continue to trespass on your hospitality. I promise Holly and I wont be far. In fact our house is only a few streets away. Holly will soon need your help anyway," he said with a small smile. "She will have a wedding to plan...giving that her answer to me is a yes, that is."

"Just a girl?" Lucius asked with a raised brow. "I have come across many girls in my lifetime, but none had the power that that girl has." He raised his hands. "I ask only out of concern for others lives. If she is no threat, then I shall not pursue her."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 7:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel considered Morohtar's words carefully and gave a short nod. at Lucius' words, her hand clenched her sword. "Should you persue her i would hunt you down and kill you, make no mistake. that is a warning. Don't make me turn it.into a threat. i have spent months protecting her from the evil that was trying to kill her. I won't let someone who claims to be good kill her either. she is like my daughter." a muscle lept in her jaw, a fire burned in her eyes.

Mariel remained still, glaring. "Start a fight on my porch, *beep* woman, and i will kill YOU." she snarled at her.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 10:20 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Logan was on his feet and the sound of raised voices. He was through the door in the next moment, his sword raised. "What on earth is going on here? You all claim to be close, if not family...and yet here you are at each others throats. Stop this now. One of your party has disappeared...are you all to splinter and give my commander and I a very long evening?"

"He is right. Lets try and get settled down tonight...We all need to talk and fix all this in the morning. We are all too tired and strained to do anything productive tonight." Lucuis answered. "However," he held Lairiel with a measured stare. "I mean the girl no harm. I have never met a girl like her and I am sorry to admit that my curiousity was woken. I truly mean her no harm." Lucius turned his attention to Mariel. "Come now...It's alright. No harm done. Lets get you up to your bed. It's been a long night." His hands came to rest on her shoulders.

"I best go and try to coax Holly home...Who knows what bother she might be getting herself into..." Morohtar fixed Lairiel with a sorrowful gaze. "Please don't leave her. If you truly view her as a daughter you wont leave her. She's still too fragile. She has much to learn...I can only teach her so much."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 2:03 am 
Istari
Istari

Mariel walked with Lucius. "I cannot believe everything that is happening..." she murmured. "please...you and ypur friend may stay here, as thanks for your help."

Lairiel sighed. "Let me find her, Morohtar. It is me she is angry with, and it is I who should speak to her." she shook her head. "You cannot ask me to stay when you have seen that I am not welcome. My staying would make Mariel livid, which would in turn make you both miserable." she glanced at Logan, then looked down, quickly finding the trail. "I will bring her back Morohtar." she stopped, glancing back at Morohtar. She knew he would see the tears in her eyes, but that Logan wouldn't. "i'm sorry." she whispered to him, then again turned her attention back to Holly's trail and swiftly started following it.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 3:59 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lucius whisked Mariel into his arms. "Hush now. Enough has been said tonight. I fear you might regret some of it in the morning too. Lets not fret over it tonight though. Lets just rest hmm? Speak with a fresh and rested mind in the morning." It took a few attempts before Lucius found Mariel's chambers. With one arm he held her to him, while the other drew back her covers. "Sleep," he commanded in a soft voice as he pressed a kiss to her temple.

Logan followed after Lairiel. "I'll come with you....Just in case." He added hastily, raising his hands a sign of peace. He did not want to cause any more trouble than had already been caused. "Where will you go?" He asked. "If I am not being so bold off course."

Morohtar stepped out onto the porch, rubbing his aching head. It was on one of his turns that he spotted Lairiel's pipe. With a shrug of his shoulders he bent to pick it up, filled it with his own tobacco, lit it and began to smoke. It certainly helped with his pacing. He sighed heavily. What a mess his life was turning out to be. Something had to give.

Holly found herself in a loud and crowded bar. She twirled her mask around her finger as she waited for service. Once she was served, she took her two glasses of wine to a table in the corner. She sat, drinking them swiftly, in a brooding silence. It took her some time to notice the male sitting beside her. He flashed her a charming smile. Holly glared back at him. "Not interested," she grunted, taking the glass of wine he offered her. "Oh come now..." He sighed. "Can't a guy buy a lady a drink?" Holly's eyes glowed a menacing red. "Leave. Me. Alone." She stressed and hid a laugh as the man swiftly retreated.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 3:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel sighed. "I don't know if I can sleep..." she was still fuming. "All that woman does is bring misery wherever she goes!"

Lairiel paused. She wasn't sure she wanted company. "Fine." she muttered. Let him tag along. "You're right. That is quite bold." she said shortly in answer to his question. "I'm sure I'll find somewhere. Not like I haven't made my living in the wild before." she kept her eyes on the trail, then groaned as she saw where it led. A bar. "Gods.." she cursed quietly. Did the girl have no common sense? A pretty and young thing like herself running into a bar alone? Lairiel growled and drew her sword, her stride lengthening. She strode with purpose, then burst through the door, her eyes quickly spotting Holly.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 6:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lucius perched on the edge of Mariel's bed. "Mariel...I do not think your sister means to bring misery, as you call it, to your door. She cares for you deeply, you know. She stepped in to defend you before I knew what was happening. It may be that she is simply clumsy at times. She loves you. I think you are being too hard on her. In fact I think you envy her. Her immortality to be exact. But instead you should pity her or at least show her some sympathy. No one wants to go life on their own. Their is no escape for her. One day she will have to bid farewell to you. She has to stand by and watch as everyone she loves leaves her. And now you are shutting your door on her. It's not her fault that she received the curse of immortality either. I beg you to think on that. I know I am being bold and I am sorry...I just hate ties being cut when their is no need for it."

Another man crossed to Holly's table, he leaned over her suggestively. "What's a pretty young thing like you sitting alone in a bar." Holly turned to glare at him. "Enjoying some alone time, thank you very much!" She flicked her fingers and his shirt caught fire. He immediately began shouting and cussing until he found a glass of water to extinguish it. "Bloody candles!" He murmured as he stalked back to the bar. Holly sighed heavily, running her finger round the rim of her half empty glass.

Logan frowned deeply. "Such a cliche too..." He murmured quietly. Logan stepped ahead of Lairiel and strode over to Holly's table. "Evening..." He spoke softly as he sat opposite her. "That's probably the last thing you should be doing," he motioned to her glass. Holly in turn downed it. "I don't really care at the moment. What do you want anyway? Can I just be left alone, please?" She groaned.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 6:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel's eyes turned down. Her face turnin red. "She is only my half sister. And I am myself going through life alone because of her. how can i forgive that?" she looked back up at him.

Lairiel gritted her teeth. so much for him staying out of the way. she took a deep breath. "Holly." her voice was soft, low, but commanding. "Can we...please talk? I have things i need to tell you.."

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 6:07 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I do not think she meant to leave you in such a situation Mariel. Immortal or not we are prone to mistakes. I do not think Lairiel wanders guiltless. I much rather see that she is trying to make amends, but there is only so much she can do with a closed door. Open your heart to her Mariel. You'll regret it if you don't." Lucius reached out and gently stroked Mariel's cheek. "You are only alone if you allow yourself to be. You have wonderful friends, beautiful daughters and if I may be so bold, a handsome man perched on your bed, trying desperately to fill the void in your heart. I fear I am failing."

Holly turned sleepy and annoyed eyes to Lairiel. "Not left yet?" She slurred. "Go. I'm not stopping you. You've been wanting to leave since day one no matter how much I beg and plead. I just have one question: if I was such a burden to you why did you save me at all? Should have just left me to the elements." Holly drained her glass. "I do have one thing to thank you for, though. You taught me a lot, but here's the most important one: don't rely on anyone they only let you down. Cheers." Holly stood and staggered to the bar. She fixed the tender with a steely glare. "Another drink bar keep and a round for my acquaintances over there." She motioned widely with her hand, striking her neighbour on the cheek. The man grumbled and took to his feet. He towered over Holly. "Watch it, Miss. The first hit is free, but the second isn't." Holly shoved him back into his seat. "Back off!" She hissed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 10th, 2012, 5:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I can let you in...but I can never allow that woman back here." Mariel looked toward the window. "She is a walking disaster, everything she touches ends up broken or destroyed. I am protecting what is left of my family by sending her away."

"For the sake of all the Gods Holly! Quit acting like a pitiful, pouty child throwing a tantrum! You want the truth? you are not and have never been a burden. But the truth is, yes, I do not want you to be a Ranger. Want to know why? Because it will consume you. That alone will become your life. No chance for love, no chance of someday settling down and having a family. The way you are acting is crushing Morohtar. Start thinking about him and quit being a selfish little brat!" She slammed her fist onto the nearest table, causing ale and beer glasses to tumble, break, and spill. "Do me and Morohtar a favor. Stop this obsession with rangers and be the sweet girl Morohtar fell in love with." She turned and stalked out of the bar, heading for the woods. She ignored the shocked stares and the murmured comments. She didn't care anymore. "Let them eat my dust..." She growled.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 4:08 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lucius shifted awkwardly to sit behind Mariel. He bundled her into his arms gently. "Send her from your home, my sweet. By all means. We shall want some kind of privacy." He winked playfully, "but do not send her from your life. Mark my words, you will regret it." He pressed a kiss to her forehead gently.

Holly looked to the bar keep. "Never mind," she sighed, staggering for the door. "Lairiel...wait...please don't leave me." Her voice was much weaker as the grief she had drank to hide cascaded over her.

Logan came to Lairiel's side. "I think you may have gotten through to her, but perhaps we should find her a bed now. I warn you, she will be ill in the morning. God only knows howuch she has had to drink.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:15 am 
Istari
Istari

"I fear I have already closed my heart to her." She sighed and leaned closer into him. "How can I stand by as she brings chaos to my door steo whenever she shows up?"

Lairiel stopped, hearing Holly's words as well as Logan's. she sucked in a breath and slowly turned. "Right...and bread to soak up whatever spirits she has consumed. She looked at Holly. "I'll stay the night. But we will have a long talk once morning brings its light. Come. you are far too drunk to do anything right now." She took Holly's arm and led her back inside where she purchased a room and a basket of warm loaves for Holly. Keeping a gentle but firm hold on the girl, she took the key and bread in her other hand and proceeded down the hall to the room specified by the number on the key. Unlocking the door, she ushered Holly in, leaving the door open for Logan should he decide to join them for the time being. She plopped Holly on the bed and handed her a loaf. "Eat." Her command left no room for arguement.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I have said all that I can on the subject. It seems your mind is set. All I ask is that you sleep on your decision and make it tomorrow morning with a fresh mind." Gently he pressed Mariel back against the feather bed and drew the covers around her. "Sleep my sweet," he whispered softly as he kissed her head.

Holly staggered alongside Lairiel, tryng to ignore the heaving in her stomach. "I'm sorry..." she mumbled, her cheeks flaming. "I was angry...I was being childish..." She sighed heavily as she sat on the bed and nibbled on the bread.

Logan remained by the door after he closed it. "Will she be alright?" He asked, warily.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next