Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Return of the Rings 2011: The Freaky AU Fellowship
PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 9:48 am 
Elf
Elf

One tiny questions before we start- are we having a set time in the TA for this RP e.g Have the Fellowship set off on their journey?, or are we just letting the madness unfold :) ?

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 9:55 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, at first I thought to set up an exact moment from LotR in which we'll be entering ME. But after that I figured it could be a little bit troublesome for us to follow the exact time line as in books/movies. So I say - let the madness unfold. :P

Return of the Rings 2011- make it happen

sig.set:by me;
my unbiological sissy is Aerlinn

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, when will we start?

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 10:48 am 
Elf
Elf

WAIT! Don't start yet!! Can I join? I would like to start in Rivendell, please.

And we can run into each other, right?

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 5:11 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

@ Harthad: Of course, you're most welcome, Harthad! :D *edits first post*

So, ladies, (there aren't any gentlemen for the moment! :P), I suggest that we give the RPG an official start.:P

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *shotgun not starting* lol

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 1:45 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I hope it is not to late to join? :)

The crownless again shall be king. ~

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 3:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

Of course not Anduril :) everyone can jump in whenever!

I guess I shall bite the proverbial bullet (I'm completely new to RPing if I've done anything wrong let me know :) )!
Lembas raced down the station steps, danced through the closing train doors and slumped into the nearest empty seat, hefting her heavy bag of history books up onto her lap. After a long day at university all she wanted was to get home as quick as possible, but the London underground- as usual- didn't feel like co-operating. Not Again she thought to herself as the train shuddered to a halt between Farringdon and Kings Cross and the familiar mumbling voice informed the passengers that they were 'apparently' waiting at a red signal.

Bored and fed up Lembas dug her Blackberry out of her bag to check the time before opening up Arwen-Undomiel.com to pass the time. The train began to move as she browsed the new threads and shortly it was pulling into the next Underground station- disembarking without looking Lembas hopped onto the platform and towards the exit to find a gloomy tunnel. 'I hate engineering work' she said to no one in particular whilst fishing her Oyster Card out of her pocket and wandering down the tunnel.

Soon the tunnel came to an end and blinking like an awestruck owl Lembas emerged into dazzling sunlight. Where on earth am I? she thought before heading past a courtyard with an unusual White Tree and across a small patch of grass to a find a white wall blocking her way. Resorting to her trusty Blackberry she opened up Google Earth to see a yellow pin proudly displaying a speech bubble containing "Minas Tirith, Gondor, Middle Earth, Arda". Stunned, her Blackberry slipped through her fingers bounced once then twice on the white stone wall before tumbling off the edge. Lembas watched with horror as her phone sped past the seven Tiers of the white city and - she assumed- landed with a thud on the fields of Pelenor.

With a sigh she turned around and looked for the nearest staircase.... It was going to be a long walk down!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 4:17 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

@Anduril - Welcome, Anduril! Just tell me from where you'll start exploring ME. :P

@Lembas: Your post is perfect, Lembas! No worries. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bright colours and light just like a rainbow tunnel, followed by a noisy and rather painful clash. That’s what Elen experienced during her journey to Middle-earth though the portal. She landed on a dusty road, surrounded by high, rocky mountains.

“Ouch.” She said. “Wait, am I still in one piece?” she examined herself thoroughly. Everything seemed to be fine: her arms, legs and head were at their respectful places at least. Obviously no limbs were lost during her quick trip between the two worlds. The pain in her lower back was also an evidence for that. “Well now, let’s see… Exactly where am I?!” Elen stood up shaking off the dust from her clothes and looked around.

The road she was standing on seemed to be ancient one as time had already left its mark on it – the old pavement was crumbling, creating a monochrome pattern of small, greyish stones. Obviously a lot of travelers had come this way. The high rocky walls created a feeling that any moment they’d clash, imprisoning their victim till the end of times. But those hectic thoughts didn’t bother Elen at all. She decided to take a walk to get to know her surroundings better. For that purpose she took out her compass – an exact replica of Jack Sparrow’s, and looked at its arrow. According to the compass’ navigation she continued down the road. “At least I’ll check, whether it’s pointing at what my heart really desires.” Elen mumbled.

Elen walked for a while until she noticed something familiar. It seemed that in one of the stone walls a steep staircase was engraved. “Hey… I think I know this place!” She quickened her pace. Just around a corner arose the silhouette of a massive building.
Elen stopped. She smiled.
“Yes! That’s it! That’s Minas Morgul!” said she in triumph.

Elen approached the tower’s gates. She looked around. No doorbell. No door handle. Nothing. Only the two ugly gargoyle-ish statues.
“Hmmm…maybe there’s some sort of password.” Elen thought. “Let’s give it a try: Open Sesame” Nothing happened. “Ahh, but of course it won’t work. That’s not 1001 Nights! Second try: Witch-King.” Again the gates remained closed. “Alright let’s think this through…” But even around 500 tries later the gates didn’t open. Elen tried everything she could think of – from “It’s cool to be a Nazgul” to “Sauron rocks my socks!”

“Grrr, it just won’t work!” said Elen. Besides even if I do open the gates, I can’t enter like this. A woman does not simply walk into Minas Morgul. Probably I’ll get killed on the spot.

Suddenly a foul smell filled the air. Elen startled and quickly hid herself behind the nearest rock. Soon a small troop of marching Mordor Orcs approached Minas Morgul. Maybe that’s my chance to sneak in, though Elen. A rather smelly chance, but that was the best she could think of for the moment – obviously she really wanted to meet the Witch-King. She patiently waited for the last Orc to come near enough. Then she quickly dazzled him with her strawberry-cherry perfume – not that she was wearing it, but it was even more effective than a pepper spray. The Orc instantly fainted from the strong scent. Elen quickly took off his armour and put it on. Her eyes filled with tears.
“Gosh it’s even smellier than I imagined” she coughed. “How can the Witch-King withstand such a smell…Oh yeah, he has no nose…”

But there was no time for complaints. Elen had to catch up with the rest of the troop in order to get in the tower. She reached them just in the exact moment when one of the Orcs – obviously the leader of the group, said the password:
“Our Witch-King of Angmar is a superstar” The Gates opened slowly.

Our Witch-King of Angmar is a superstar, thought Elen. I’d never guess

Then she entered the tower.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 4:31 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh god, ok in order for Anduril and me not to get very confused should we ever meet up in future posts, REFERE TO ME AS ANDI OR BY MY SURNAME AS WELL!!
I could of course chnage my name but as i'v been Anduril for seven years I think i can survive as Andi Vanlhach lol.

--------------------------------
Dub-step shook the house from her DJ brothers room. The rain beat against the windows. Anduril sat huddled up in a warm coat under all the blackets she could find, snuggled as close to the stove as she could without burning herself. It was cold.

Anduril logged into AU. She'd been on Facebook, zooming around, and had gone onto the AU group for want of something better to do....and had heard some very intresting rumours......
So she'd gone to AU to see if anyone could confirm them.
But the sight was down.
"*%&%&^ %*%&^%" They had been awesome rumours as well. She twiddled her mouse over the screen in annoyance. Suddenly a box flashed up.

The Middle Earth Portal
Enter Close

It was almost definately a virus - or a site trying to sell her something. But she was bored.

Enter

The dubstep screamed. The fire roared. A huricane seemed to have hit the house. Anduril jumped in alarm and then

Nothing.

Except a large horse looking her straight in the eyes. She quickly stpped backwards. Where...? What...? How...?
She was in a beutifully carved stables. All around her were horses, their soft sent mixing with a wiff of leather and the sharper tang of manure.
She stepped outside of the stables and looked around her in disbelif. It took a couple of minits before she could speak.

"Right....ok...good.........." she continued to look before laughing slightly. "Well the rumours were true then....hello Edoras."
The biggest grin imaginable spread accross her face.

Last edited by Anduril Vanlhach on September 12th, 2011, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Anduril Vanlhach: No, you don't have to change your name :P I think it will work out anyway.

Then I should warn you all that this is my first roleplay in english... :innocent:

Hope this post was ok...

Andúril thought back on her day in school while she went the familiar way to the bus station. She didn't hurry, although she had a few things to do when she got home. The buss went at the same time regardless if she was hurrying or not.
When she came to the bus station she didn't have to wait for more than a few minutes before the bus arrived. As always, it was almost empty. There were not many who took this bus, ever, since the destination was not the most popular and crowded in town.
She sat down on a seat, and while the bus started to drive it's rout, Andúril took up her phone from the pocket to play a game to pass the time.

The bus did not stop at many stations. She was almost alone the whole way. But even though she then felt an annoying feeling of being observed by the bus driver, she prefered that than to have to stand the whole way.
She choosed to go off the bus a few stations earlier. That way she got a short walk home. Really short, but it was still a walk.
She turned down on one of the trails that led into the little forest she had been in so many times her whole life. She felt like she knew almost any corner of it.
She still didn't fell any urge to get home, so she took a longer way. She followed the trail into an area that always was darker then the rest of the forest, probably because of the trees that stood more crowded and with big crownes. She looked around and forgot to watch were she went. Suddenly her foot got stuck and she fell to the ground. She landed on the trail with a thud and immediatly rememberd the thick branch that had blocked the way for years. It was probably because of that she tripped and fell.
She rose slowly from the ground so that she would not get dizzy, and brushed of the leafs and the dirt of her clothes. She was still surprised over what had happend, and stood still for a while to catch up. Meanwhile she looked around again, but for some reason she didn't recognize the forest anymore. It was as dark as before, but the trees didn't look the same, and there were bushes she had never seen before.
She looked down behind her and noticed surprisingly that there were no thick branch on the ground, and the trails seemed wider than before.
Confused she sat down on the ground, thought that she might had hit her head when she fell. But she did feel alright, she weren't even dizzy.
She rose again and started to walk along the trail. The longer she went, the more strange it got. After a while she didn't recognize the woods at all, and started to wonder what was going on.
But she kept on walking, and soon she came to a large road, and before her she saw a large gate of wood. It reminded her of something, but she couldn't really remember what.
She knocked on the gate, and a window opened, and on the other side she looked into a middleage mans eyes.
"Welcome to Bree", he said impatient.

The crownless again shall be king. ~

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 8:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Aranel sighed in relief as she stepped outside the classroom, the thought of being free for the rest of the evening a comforting one. She nudged aside the memory of her lecturer reminding the class of a mock exam the following week and instead tried to focus on how she was going to get home in the rain. She scowled as she looked up at the glass ceiling and saw the ominous grey clouds that were unleashing their fury unto the earth. Just great, she thought. I hate public transportation. I really need to get my license. She proceeded to trudge along to the bathroom, deciding to make a last minute check up on her hair since it tended to go crazy.

Making her way past a group of girls heading out, Aranel dumped her bag unto a shelf and then opened it to find her hairbrush among all the books. She uttered a small sound of triumph when she finally located it and then turned to face the full length mirror on the wall. She stuck her tongue out at her reflection when she once again viewed her curly hair and wished for the millionth time that it was straight. A few minutes later there was a loud clap of thunder, followed by the flash of lightning and before she could react to the noise, the lights went off. Aranel swore loudly, not being able to see a thing and stretched her hand out, trying to get her bag from the shelf. When she did find it, she grabbed the somewhat heavy object and shouldered it, and still holding her hairbrush in one hand, she felt her way along the wall with the other till she reached the corner that let out back into the corridor.

"Uhh..."

Bemusedly, Aranel stared ahead with her head cocked, not seeing the the grey walls she expected but instead a tree where a tree should not have been. Turning her head and gazing around her with growing confusion, it was not just one tree but what looked like hundreds of towering leafy pillars that surrounded her. Sunlight seeped through the canopy and hit the forest floor with little glimmers of light.

"Well, then. What did I do now?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 1:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I am sorry to be a pain. I think I have taken on too much and I do not think I will be able to stay in this rp. I will not be reliable at posting often as I have started back at university and the work load is crazy. Sorry guys :(

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 17th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

Harthad stepped onto the yellow school bus that was taking her home from school that day. She didn't have that much homework, but she would like to get it over with once she got home. Sitting down, setting down her backpack and taking out her iPod, she scrolled through the albums and selected one. Perfect. Teenage Rebel by Chameleon Circuit. Her thoughts turned to her site and A-U. She would have to post there after she got her homework done. And eat dinner, of course. And. . .well, there were a lot of things she had to do that day. homework, dinner, play practice and. . .she got distracted as she looked out the window. A curious little bird was flying next to the bus, chirping and tweeting. It was red, but a brighter red than a robin should have been.

And wait a minute. . .those trees weren't the ones on her road. Glancing around wildly, Harthad wondered if she had missed her stop and was now in a different part of her town. But no! The colours were more vibrant, and as she watched, the bus seemed to peel away like a cracked painting, and reveal something more astonishing. Tall, leafy trees, a giant waterfall and a mountain looming over her. Dainty white buildings dotted the wide expanse here and there, and the whole place rang with the sound of laughter and water.

Rivendell?! No. . .it couldn't be.

But as Harthad looked around, she became more and more sure that she was really in Rivendell, the Last Homely House, Home of the Elves, Imladris! How did this happen? Did it have to do with the doodles she drew in History class? Or was something even more strange going on? Whatever it was, she decided to explore while she could. It was just a shame that her backpack had come with her; now she would have to lug 5 textbooks across this wonderful place. Yanking her earbuds out, she started the long trek towards the main building, wherever that was.

Admiring the strange and fantastical beauty of it all at least took her mind off the weight of her backpack. Walking up the giant hill everyday to get to her bus stop had been better than this, with all the rocks and tree roots and vines. At least the hill had been made of pavement. And she had a feeling that she wouldn't see pavement for a long time. Inserting her earbuds into her ears again, she unlocked her iPod and started listening to another Chameleon Circuit song. Maybe she would have been listening to the LotR soundtrack, but hey! She was in a Trock mood. But Harthad knew she couldn't sing, otherwise everyone would be scared away before she even had a chance to see anyone.

Listening to her music distracted her so much that she didn't look where she was going and promptly ran into an elf.

Oops. . .

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 3:33 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Her heart pounded in her chest. There was a rushing in her ears. It was only by pure will alone that her hands weren't shaking. Buck fever. She had felt it before. That rush of adrenaline you get seconds before you pull a trigger on a living thing. Or in her case, release an arrow.

Eruraina completely blended in to the forest around her. Flame colored hair was stuffed under a camo hat, her body covered from head to toe in cloths that resembled trees. Wearing these baggy cloths, with her hair up in a hat, she looked more like a guy then a girl. Didn't bother her. She did more guy things then girl things, anyway.

Eruraina was standing completely still, as she saw the great deer in front of her. She slowly brought up her compound bow, and arrow already in place, and pulled back. She aimed the arrow right at the deer's heart and...

One thing should be known, Eruraina was standing just on the edge of a ravine, shooting uphill. Just at the moment she was about to release the arrow, the ground gave way. She started rolling down the slope, the arrow flying in some random direction. Finally she landed on hard ground with a thud.

Eruraina groaned and moved so that she was sitting up, her bow still in her hands. That hurt. Bad.

"Is this yours?" a voice asked her in an almost english accent.
"Huh?" Eruraina looked up to see a young girl wearing a dress that almost seemed to be made of rage. She was holding out the arrow with it's red and white fletching and neon green notch.
"Yeah..." she went to take it back, then paused. Something wasn't right. And it wasn't that her had had come off in the tumble and her hair had fallen down around her shoulders. It was that she was no longer in a forest.

A town, with people all staring right at her. A few were in armor and green cloaks and were holding swords. A further inspection she saw a great hall on top of the hill that the town was built on. Eruraina recognized it right away. There was only one place she could be now. With excitement she jumped up, causing the little girl to jump back.

"I can't believe it! I'm in Rohan! Oh man oh man oh man! This is AWESOME! But wait, this can't be true. I mean... Middle-Earth isn't real. I must have hit my head in the fall, and now I'm in a coma dreaming all this... But I don't care, this is just too cool!" she cried out...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 11:46 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Anyone mind if I hop into this? I'd like to start in Hobbiton. :)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!