Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Siege of Rohan
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 1:58 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Brought to you by Eruraina

This is the message that was sent to every corner of Middle-Earth. Mirkwood, Lothlorien, the Lonely Mountain, Angmar, Rivendell, Bree-land, Shire, Grey Havens, Dale, and the Iron Hills. To any place that was not yet under the great threat of Mordor, for the Eye had turned it's gaze to Rohan. The defenders of the Mark are drawn thin as danger threatens them from every side. Their only hope lies in these letters sent with the swifted riders. A slim hope at best. For who's to say the messangers will get passed the enemy's nets? And then, who will possibly come to their aid? The elves in their forests? The dwarves in their stone halls? Or their fellow men from Dale, or Bree? Or possibly Dunadain? They find little hope in this, their last hope. But help must come, for if not, Rohan, the last defense for the rest of Middle-Earth, will fall.

Rules:
~Canon characters allowed
~Any race/class from Middle-Earth welcome
~No god-moding
~HAVE FUN

Chracter bio:
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My characters

Name: Eonera
Race: human
Home Country/town: Rohan, Edoras
Appearance: http://eruraina.deviantart.com/gallery/ ... 4#/d3hqtqn
Weapons: typical Rohirric shortsword and shield. Able to use a shortbow though not as accuratly as most. Primary weapon is a spear
Personality: Outgoing and adventurous. Tends to be a rule breaker. A bit claustriphobic she feels most comfortable out on the plains of Rohan then the city. But she has a great loyalty and love for her country, which she wouldn't abandon for anything. She would stand for her country even if it meant only to fall. She is protective of friends and family and kin. To the point where it gets her and repsective friends and family in possibly more danger then before. She is not afraid to speak her mind or go against the rules to do what she thinks is right. And sometimes what she thinks is right is in reality wrong, though her intentions are for the best.
History: A second cousin to Eowyn and Eomer, she is also of the blood of Eorl, though not considered a direct descendant. She has an older brother who died in a Dunland raid. Her mother is a maiden in the Gold Halls, her father one of the Eorlingas. She was raised alongside her brother, older then her by two years. She was taught to ride and fight like a boy, showing no interest in women's things. Especially when she finds needlework boring and fails greatly whenever trying to cook. But when the raids began, and steadily grew worste, even the women of Rohan were needed to pick up a sword and fight. Eonera was no longer forced to stay at home, idle. Instead she goes out to help fight.

Name: Gain(pronounced Guy-in) Farstride
Race: Dunadain
Home Country/town: Angmar/Breeland
Appearance: blonde hair, blue eyes, slight stubble, weathered features, worn ranger cloths
Weapons: longbow and arrows, hunting knife, longsword
Personality: quiet and reserved. Likes to watch and listening, gathering informations before speaking. He loves to travel, and always seeks new sights to look upon.
History: Born and raised in the area just sound of Angmar with the Dunadain Rangers. When whispers started of threats to Rohan, Gain was the first to go.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: The Siege of Rohan
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 4:00 am 
Maia
Maia

I was just thinking to myself... 'Man, Eruraina went all out on this RPG. She made graphics and everything! :P I'm so joining this! Hopefully, my character will be okay. She's been my main since forever.
-------------------
Name: Amara Thandiel

Race: Elf.

Home Country/town: An unknown land named Jeroja. (No one knows where she's from.)

Appearance: As most typical she-elves, Amara is quite beautiful. Her hair is a gorgeous blond; reaching all the way down to her lower back and naturally straight. Her eyes hold an ocean blue hue in them and are the windows to her soul. Her skin is pale in comparison to a human's tanned skin and her ears are pointed at the tip, which is typical for elves.

Weapons: Amara has a beautiful hand-made bow that accompanies custom arrows inside of a leather quiver. Her arrows are known to always have the feathers of a red color. She also carries a sword on her side and a dagger on a holder that is placed on her upper thigh.

Personality: Amara is a very free spirit; loving everything about nature and all that it possesses. She can be quite bubbly, but if there is work to be done and business to attend to, she'll make sure that the task at hand is completed in no time at all. She knows when to be serious.

History: Amara is secretly the princess of her land, but she doesn't know anything about it. Her father put her in hiding due to a family secret that he was scared someone would find out. He didn't want anything to happen to her, so he had one of his servants become her ranger "father". She thinks that her mother died a long time ago. She has no clue about anything. But, she has a really elaborate necklace that she had since she was young, but her "father" told her to keep it hidden underneath her clothes for as long as she could. She could never understand why, but he told her that someday she would understand and find out the reason why.

(She has a special gift, as well. Well... Actually, a couple. :) If you would like me to put them on here, I will!!!)

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:28 am 

Wow, the intro post looks amazing. :notworthy: I'd love to join, I'll have my bio(s) up as soon as I can. :)

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:14 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Thanks guys. I meant to draw people in by my intro post ;) And overkill is always underrated in my book, lol!

I'm actually hoping to get alot more rpgs up in both non-lotr and lotr rpg sections to maybe help get more life in the rp section!

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eruraina, I've been trying to do that too! I've been posting stuff like crazy. ;)

Like, Love is a Battlefield, From Fantasy to Reality, etc.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 7:13 am 
Maia
Maia

Count me in! Is it ok if I use old rusty Rhan? ;)

Name: Rhavaniel Falathiel
Race: Elf
Homecountry: Mirkwood
Appearance: Short for an elf, but with bright green eyes and pale skin. Her hair is long, unyielding and black. She wears mostly dark colours and only her mother's ring around her neck for jewlery.
Personality: Since the betrayal of her husband deeply wounded her pride, she became more easy to anger than perhaps an elf should be. Is very loyal and places herself last in most situations.
Weapons: A treasured black longbow with gold markings and long arrows fletched with owl feathers. Carries knives and an old longsword.
History: Kept quiet. It is known that she was a highly respected warrior and fought for Lindon in the Battle of Fornost and Greenwood during the Siege of Baradûr. Was a close friend to Thranduil and his family, but disappeared after the disgrace of her husband following his imprisonment, torture, and subsequent treachery during the Last Alliance. The information he gave led to the storming of King Oropher's camp and his subsequent death. Locien was released from his prison, but never returned to his family or Mirkwood again. Her twin brother spent some time looking for her, but eventually gave her up for dead or fading.
Other info: Spent long years as Mirkwood's marchwarden and then as a well respected and successful field marshal. Is known to the population of Dale as she and her twin brother Sadron the White carried on her mother's trade practices after her death.

Name: Aradan Erumaren
Race: Dunadain
Homecountry: Hithaeglir
Personality: Hostile and untrusting of other men due to certain childhood issues. Appears colder than he really is, but cannot stay angry for long. Avoids verbal conflict and but been known to strike out.
Weapons: Longsword and knives, talented archer
History: Aradan left his family after the whereabouts of his village was betrayed and many of his friends were slaughtered. Sought solitude in Imladris then travelled over the Misty Mountains with an elvish convoy headed for Lothlorien. Spent his adolescent years there and in Mirkwood, then made his way to Rohan to once rumors of trouble reached him.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 5:49 pm 

Name: Helmwyn
Race: Human
Home country: The Westfold of Rohan
Appearance: Golden hair, gray-green eyes. Average build. Wears the uniform and armor of the Rohirrim.
Personality: Always willing to help others, but not at the cost of her own well-being or of those she is closest to. Has a sense of humor and believes it is important not to be too serious, but she is not oblivious or insensitive when times are dark.
Weapons: A spear, for riding, and a basic but sturdy sword
History: After her mother was killed by wild men, Helmwyn convinced her father she would be safer if she travelled with hook and his company of Rohirrim. Once there, she was further able to convince him it was necessary for her to train in sword-fighting with the men, so she would not be a burden. Ignoring the comments from the men, she eventually became a Rider if Rohan in her own right, earning respect through her ability to fight.

Name: Merefara
Race: Human
Home country: The Westfold of Rohan
Appearance: Light brown hair, grey eyes, also clad in the gear of the Rohirrim
Personality: Quiet, but a dedicated fighter with a strong sense of loyalty
Weapons: A Spear for riding and a shortsword
History: A rider in Helmwyn's company; her first friend amongst those men, and her closest friend he remains.

Still working on these two as characters but that should be enough to get started. :)

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 7:40 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Alright, thanks for joining guys! I plan to start later tonight! No promises, though.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 12:30 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Oooooh! This looks so cool! I would like to hop in, if you don't mind. :-D

Name: Luthien
Race: Elf
Home Country: Lothlorien
Appearance: Long, straight blonde hair normally pulled back into a braid. Dark blue eyes, wears grey, green, and brown clothing--pants and shirts no skirts or dresses. She is slender and hard like a steel blade.
Weapons: Bow of the Galathrim, two knives, and a long handled curved sword.
Personality: Rather quiet and serious. She is fierce in battle and is sometimes a bit reckless when her blood is up. She has a dry sense of humor and a wicked left-hook. ;-)
History: She was named for Luthien Tinuviel. She is the only sister of Haldir and she lived in Imladris for a time as a handmaid to Lady Arwen before returning to Lorien to help protect the land from marauding orcs. She is a friend to Aragorn for she met him in both Lorien and Imladris and thinks of him as a brother. Both her parents are long since dead, murdered by goblins and she and her older brothers hunted down the culprates and slew them. When Elrond and Galadriel send out the army of Elvish warriors, Luthien jumps at the chance to fight against the enemy and help save the people of Rohan from destruction.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2011, 8:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

Let's start this!!! :D

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 3:03 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Alrighty! Sorry about the delay, now lets get this party started!

~~~~~~~~

It had already begun. The enemy was closing in on all sides. The people of Rohan were growing weary. For the time being, the western side was being hit the worst. A power had risen from Isengard. An army of Uruk-kai marched across the Westfold. The Riders of Rohan had gathered those they could spare from the other sides, to ride out and meet them. They were only five hundred strong. Against how many? No one knew for sure. But it was not just people of Rohan that rode to battle then, but the help that came to their aid.

Eonera's breathing was quick, as nervousness crept into her. Sure, she had fought skirmishes before, but nothing like this. The five hundred riders were meeting another army on the open fields of Rohan. Already Eonera could see a black line on the golden horizon that could be none other then the enemy. Smoke also rose in that far western distance. She adjusted her armor and tightened her grip on the reins. Her grey war horse, Shadowmir, tossed his head in anticipation, feeling the tension in the small army. At the head rode Eomer, leading the group towards the enemy. They moved at a steady canter, gaining as much ground as they could possibly manage.

In the midst of these riders, rode a ranger from the north. Gain kept his hood up, and bow ready. He was start shooting before any other fighting began, for he was sure that his bow had a farther reach then that of an Uruk-kai's. But now was time to keep moving. He urged his horse to keep going, along with the rest of the riders. There didn't seem much hope for victory this day "But we will fight a battle that none will forget," he said, louder then he had intended...

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 5:46 am 
Maia
Maia

Aradan unsheathed his sword and let it hand in his hand, glancing to the ranger on his left: "They may yet forget our names, but surely not such a colorful crowd!" he called out more bravely than he felt.

The ranger's horse caught sight of the glinting metal and tossed its head, neighing loudly. He felt sick- To him it seemed that he was riding to his death. He had faced small scuffles before, but never had he been confronted with the sheer strength and power that made up an entire army. He could feel sweat beading on his brow as his eyes too made out a black line on the horizon. He turned in his saddle to catch a glance of his neighbor an elf. He counted himself lucky he was able to ride by her side. She had surely outlived him many times and was a seasoned warrior. He figured that if he stayed near her he may survive, but now, seeing the enemy on the horizon he felt his heart doubting even that.

Rhavaniel had not seen battle for many years, but it did nothing to dissuade her. Her fingers had restrung her bow with practiced tranquility, the old black wood smooth and comforting under her fingers. Death, it whispered, Death to our enemies. She had already knocked an arrow and released it, watching it soar away with a strange type of pride. Her blood was running hot, singing in her veins of glory and hope- Her mind was focused. She had fought loosing battles before and had survived. She would not fall- She could not fall. Not when the fates of so many depended on them and their swords. She did not allow a flicker of doubt to reach her heart, although she felt a small fire blazing. Her life was immortal- The elf did not want to pass now.
She turned her head, hearing the two men on left speak and offered a small smile. Battle forged strong bonds for so many.

Somewhere to her right was her long standing friend Amara, her eyes had caught sight of the long golden tresses:" Gurth gothrimlye! ", she called: Death to our foes.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 5:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

The road to war always seemed like a long and treacherous one. Amara had received one of the many letters that King Theoden had sent out -- He needed their help. It didn't matter if it was: Man, Elf, Dwarf or Hobbit that responded. He needed anyone. That's the one thing that had caught Amara's attention. She had met King Theoden once before and gotten to know him slightly; it was enough to help protect his land. She knew how great of a King he was to Rohan. She wanted and needed to keep that land safe. It was a haven and refuge for many.

Fendral neighed rambunctiously, as Amara rode her as hard as she could. This battle was going to be an epic one and she could tell that already. Steadying herself with perfect poise, she readied her bow and arrows; her arrows having all red tips on them. She had done this so others would find distinction between her arrows and theirs. She let some of the arrows fly and hit random Uruk-Hai. She looked over to her good friend of many years Rhavaniel. She smiled to her and nodded once, before looking ahead.

She was calm and she knew that they would be okay. As long as they stuck together. Rohan needed saving. And that was just what they had set out to do.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 11:44 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(I'm really sorry, guys. I thought I'd be able to play this, but unfortunately RL has taken over and I have one too many things on my plate so I have to leave before my first post. :'-( Have a blast! :bye2: )

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 5:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys. Great intro post Eruraina! Mind if I join? :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 2:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I'm sure Eru wont mind ;) )