Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Into Our Time [Private]
PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 4:58 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(@Lhun No, it's fine :P )Chris was relieved. She gave a thankful nod to Balin and suggested that the dwarves could take the basement, because it was fairly large and had comfortable couches and stuff there. "And the fellowship can take the living room," she added, after the dwarves and Gandalf got up to leave. The fellowship left the dining room. Chris sat down, tired. But then she remembered something. "Yipes! I forgot to turn off the TV! The scene set to the Council must still be on the TV screen," she said, panicking. Suddenly loud music could be heard from the living room. "Nine companions. You will be called the fellowship of the Ring." Shouts could be heard from the living room as the movie played. "Gosh, that's really loud!" Chris yelled. Thorin and the dwarves ran upstairs. "What's going on?" one of them yelled. Christiana rushed to the living room and looked for the remote control. She lowered the volume just before 'The Ring Goes South' boomed out of the speakers. Then she pressed pause and turned off the TV.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What was that?" Kili said, rushing into the living room. The girl turned to him. "That, my friend, was a movie," she said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That was really loud," Merry said. He settled down on the couch and questions rushed through his mind. What was a movie, really? Why was his face on the big black box? How could it play memories, just not in his perspective? What WAS the big black box called and what was it for? The girl and the dwarves left the room and everyone was silent.
"My bad, AGAIN," Chris said once she got back into the dining room. "So, while they're doing that, what are we going to do? And, wait, when are you guys supposed to leave? Because I seriously can't handle this on my own. I'll die without Liadan! They HAVE to go back once my parents come back in two weeks or so. OR they can stay locked up in the basement until my parents find out," Chris said. Half her brain was panicking and the other side tried to get her to stay calm.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 21st, 2013, 4:03 pm 

(Where were the two groups in their respective story lines? I suspect we picked up the Fellowship just after they left Rivendell because that fits in with the storyline, but where do the dwarves come from? And do they have Bilbo with them? And was Gandalf with them? Sorry for the questions :p )

"Don't worry Chris, I'll just make a quick call to my parents. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me staying a little longer here, so I'm not going anywhere untill everyone is safely back in Middle Earth." Liadan answered. She wandered off to the kitchen while making her call, and by the time she had agreed upon everything with her father the kettle was also boiling. She made tea for all the girls, and carefully balanced the four cups while walking back to the dining room. "Let's sit down and have some tea first, before we take any decisions ourselves. I reckon our guests will need some time to think and discuss, so we might as well try to get a bit of rest before they all come running back."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gimli kept casting suspicious glances at the black box, even though it was now silent. Determined not to show his nervousness towards the younger hobbits, he sat back. "I suppose we have to think of a way to get back to Middle Earth, since it is now clear we are no longer in our own world. I cannot even remember exactly what we were doing before I found myself in this strange place, so would it help to try and think back to what we were doing before we got here?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorin fought the urge to whack his cousins on the back of their heads. They were blabbering excitedly about all the strange things they had seen in this house and they didn't show any concern about solving the situation. He took a deep breath and waited untill everyone had found a place in the dark room. "Now that we have enjoyed the hospitality of our strange hosts, it is time to think about more urgent matters. Since we did not pass a gate or door to get here, I suspect there is no simple way to get back to Middle Earth." His voice echoed in the room with the low ceiling. "I suggest we stay here for some time, and then maybe a few of us can discuss these matters with a few people from the other groups. Also, watch out for that Elf. He reminds me of Thranduil and might very well be one of his closest kin." He added, with a warning undertone in his voice.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2013, 6:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(@Lhun Yipes, I actually don't know :P Since Thorin knows Thranduil then I guess maybe during the "siege" since Bilbo is not with them?)
"Thanks, Liadan," Christiana said appreciating her friend's help. "I'm just messing up, aren't I? I just get them all confused and forget to turn off the TV." She added some cream and sugar to her tea and drank, feeling much better. "How are we going to bring them back? Oh, maybe we need to find out how they got here before trying to find out how to bring them back because how they got here might be how to get them back," Chris said out loud to herself. "Hey! That's a good idea! But will it work?" she exclaimed, looking at her friends.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Pippin hasn't got his own post yet! I'll just do Merry and Pippin) "Well that was crazy," Pippin said. "Let's not talk about it," Merry said, looking down. The big black box really confused him and he didn't really want to know more. Pippin looked at the black box as the others talked. A voice drew him out of his thoughts. "Pippin! You weren't listening, were you?" Merry said. Pippin looked down, ashamed.
(Dwarf time) Kili listened to his uncle intently. A few of the dwarves cheered after his uncle finished his sentence. "More good food!" "Definitely better than cram," some said. Kili cheered a bit but when he saw his uncle's face he stopped. Ori stopped after Dori nudged him. Everyone fell silent and waited for Thorin to speak.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 4:35 am 

(Very sorry for the long delay! I just can't find the inspiration to write anything right now, but I'll try to come up with something over the weekend!)

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 3:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(It's fine Lhun :) )
Christiana grabbed a handful of chocolate chips and stuffed them in her mouth. She grabbed her notebook and flipped through, looking for a fresh page. Then she quickly took notes on what had happened and thought hard.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 5:22 am 

Liadan took some much appreciated minutes of rest to drink her tea. With all strange visitors tucked away nicely in the living room and the basement she felt herself relax for the first time since the big discovery. "Maybe we could ask some of the calmer guys to tell us exactly what they were doing before they ended up here, to help us find out how and why they got here? It wouldn't be of much help to ask everyone at once, so maybe we could start with Gandalf and someone like Balin? They seem like calm and wise guys." Liadan mused aloud. She noticed Chris writing down everything that happened and nodded. It might prove useful to keep track of everything.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 3:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Aralas looked up. "Okay," she said, putting the last of the chocolates in her mouth. "Oh snap. You guys want some? It helps me concentrate," she added, putting the chocolate chip bag in the middle of the table. "Anyway. About what Liadan said. Should we call them up now or should we give them some more time? What do you guys think? And one last thing. About the calmer people. I suggest Balin, Gandalf, Aragorn, or Legolas. As is.. obvious?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 15th, 2013, 3:20 pm 

(I'm 'using' a few characters to keep up a storyline, let me know if that's a problem! :) But since the others haven't been around for a while I figured it would be okay to keep the story going)

"You can keep them, I've had plenty during lunch!" Liadan grinned. "But I agree, let's ask Aragorn to join the meeting as well. Maybe Thorin should come too, I wouldn't want him to feel disrespected by us not inviting him to a more official thing." Liadan was actually a bit nervous about Thorin. Even though he barely reached her shoulders, his behaviour and manners were quite intimidating, as was the long sword that hung from his belt. Not someone she would want to antagonize.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Thorin had taken Balin and Oin apart from the group. Even though Oin's hearing wasn't what it used to be, he was still one of the oldest and wisest members of his company, and Thorin felt more relaxed by the older Dwarf's calm attitude. "I think we can be certain that the girls in this house mean us no harm", Balin continued their soft conversation. "They seem as befuddled by us turning up here as we were, and I think we can rely on them while looking for a way out." "But how about these other strangers, who are clearly also from Middle Earth?" Oin wondered out loud. "Maybe we should find out what we have in common with that group, to see why we were both brought here." Thorin could only agree with the two older Dwarves, even though he had no desire to come any closer to the tall blond Elf in the other group.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 4:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sorry, I didn't have much time to type this up a few days ago!)
Chris quickly agreed to cover up her mistake. "Right. I meant to put Thorin in as well. We can't exclude him, unless we want him to beat us up real bad. Do you think we should call them up now or wait for a few more minutes?" she asked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kili started a small quiet conversation with his brother and Ori about the girls they had seen earlier. "I think they're strange but they don't seem to be dangerous," he said. "But they seem to know so much about us. I don't like it at all," Fili said. Ori glanced over at the older dwarves who were talking quietly. "I wonder what they're saying," he said.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 21st, 2013, 9:49 am 

(Don't worry about it :) Do you know where our fellow-RPGers went? I don't mind continuing with just the two of us, but maybe we should find out if they're still interested?)

"Nope, I wouldn't want to get on Thorin's bad side! I'll just walk to the living room and the basement and listen whether the two groups are still discussing themselves. If they are, let's give them a little more time to finish their own discussion. Otherwise I'll directly invite the people we just agreed on to come and talk with us. Or does anyone have a better plan?" Liadan asked, feeling a bit uncertain. She felt uncomfortable with the situation and had a hard time keeping her normal, patient behaviour.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 1:11 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Right. I should ask them.)
Chris nodded. "That's actually a great plan. But I think we should knock first, because they might be talking about private things. Better than what I was thinking about, actually." Christiana felt really nervous at the moment, so she grabbed one of her notebooks and started writing about what had happened that day in Ancient Dwarvish characters to try and calm herself down. "Should we give them a few more minutes?" she asked, looking up.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 2:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

(I'm kinda lost...I haven't posted in this thread in forever...I had contact with Aralas outside of A-U and she isn't allowed to come back to the forum. That's all she said, I have no idea why she can't come back :closedeyes: :confused:
So what do we want to do? Do we want to continue with this RPG or what?
Thanks!
-Legolin)

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6