Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Into Our Time [Private]
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 11:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

Alyssa stared at the dwarves. "This is crazy! Are they really there?" Suddenly she heard a loud crash-like sound from upstairs. She ran up, and at the top of the steps stood a confused-looking darkhaired hobbit. "FRODO?" she gasped, then ran down the stairs again. "Guys!"

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Frodo?" gasped Catharine."What is going on??? Am I dreaming???"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 7:02 pm 
Elf
Elf

Alyssa grabbed Catharine's arm and dragged her up the stairs. "Hi, Frodo, I'm Alyssa," she said breathlessly. Frodo looked at her skeptically, then down to her shirt, which had a picture of the fellowship on it. "How do you know my name," he asked, "and why am I on your shirt?"

PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 11:26 am 
Istari
Istari

"And i'm Catharine!" Catharine said, then groaned, Frodo noticed her One Ring replica on her finger and the Evenstar that she was wearing."Why doesn't the Ring affect you?" Frodo asked her."And why are you wearing Aragorns necklace?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 12:28 pm 

Gimli looked around in the unfamiliar room. Boromir hadn't lowered his sword yet, but Gimli felt comfortable enough for a bit of exploring. He looked in awe at the extremely shiny knives, although he doubted they would be of good use during battle. He didn't dare to go near the metal-like box that made a weird zooming noise, but he had rummaged through some of the cupboards and encountered all kinds of unfamiliar objects. He had just mustered the courage to take one of the sand-coloured sweet-smelling bread things, when Boromir nudged him. "Let us leave this strange room, and see where that young woman ran off to." Gimli dropped the bread-like thing and picked up his axe again, before following Boromir through the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liadan needed a moment to recover from the situation. She watched Frodo look at Alyssa and Catherine, and the stumbling on the stairs could only mean that the resulting members of the Fellowship would soon join them. On top of that, there was also a very grumpy company of Dwarves muttering in the basement, and they wouldn't be calm forever. She took a deep breath and headed over to her friends. "How about we cook some nice dinner for everyone? That way we can gather everyone in one place and start thinking about what we should do next. And since they are all men, they will probably cause us less trouble once they're well fed", she whispered.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 8:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"What a great idea, Liadan. Although I think we might need a hand with the cooking. The dwarves eat a lot," she whispered. (About the dwarves, I'll take Kili and Ori) She took a shaky, deep breath and looked around at the dwarves. "I'm Christiana, you can call me Chris, or Ana, or Tiana. I have no idea how you came into my house, but let's go upstairs and have lunch. Okay? Follow me," she said. Kili looked around at the other dwarves. "That girl seems nice. Let's follow her," he suggested. Ori shurgged. "She said there'd be food." He went to follow the girl.
-----------------------------------------------
Merry stopped at the top of the stairs and waited for Christiana to come up. He saw Frodo first. "Frodo! You're here too? I don't think we're in Middle Earth anymore," he said. Then he looked at the other girl's shirt. I think her name was Alyssa. "Wait- why am I also on your shirt?" he asked curiously.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 1:26 am 
Istari
Istari

"Ummm, does it matter?" Catharine asked Frodo. She had no better answer."why are you here?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 2:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Technically, arent we only supposed to play the people we picked?) "I don't know," said Frodo. "One minute I was there.... now I'm here..."

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 5:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"That's exactly what happened with me! And Pippin was right beside me. Wait. Did I just hear food?" Merry said as Christiana appeared at the top of the stairs. "We're going to have lunch," Christiana said, trying to sound casual. The dwarves appeared right behind her. Christiana looked around at her friends. "Find the rest of the characters, and let's get cooking."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 7th, 2013, 6:08 am 

When the young women offered his Company food, Thorin was hesitant at first. He didn't trust these chattering girls with their weird clothes who addressed him in such an informal manner, and by the looks on Dwalin's face the large dwarf didn't either. But as always, some of the younger members were less cautious and more driven by direct urges, so he wasn't surprised when both Kili and Ori eagerly followed the girl. He gave Dwalin a curt nod to indicate that he should keep an eye on Ori, while he trusted Fili to look after his younger brother. "Be on your guard and keep your weapons close at all times", he instructed the dwarves in their own tongue, before following the troop up the stairs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before Gimli had reached the other door in the strange looking room, a bunch of people came walking in. He recognized the two young Hobbits and Frodo and he felt relieved to see that they were okay. Apart from the girl Liadan, three other girls came walking in, dressed in the same unfamiliar way with bare arms and funny shoes. The biggest shock came from the group that entered the room next. "Father.. How did you get here?!" Gimli recognized the older Dwarf in an instant, as well as some of the others. He had often seen Bombur, Bofur and Dwalin at his home in the Grey Mountains, but they looked like younger versions of themselves. And then there was the majestic Dwarf with the ravenblack hair that he only recognized from stories. "Thorin Oakenshield... But you were slain in battle. How is this possible?!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liadan had always been good at preventing uncomfortable situations for others, but this was a situation she couldn't foresee. It was bad enough to have some members of the Fellowship straying around the house, but they were now about to clash with the members from Thorin's company. Both Gimli and the other dwarves started to exchange suspicious looks, which was not surprising considering that fact that there was a 60-year gap between their respective journeys. Before things could escalate she stepped in the middle of the room. "Okay, listen up! I know you must all feel very confused and maybe anxious about being here. We have no idea how it happened, but we are going to find out. In the mean time, we will make you something to eat. So please make yourself comfortable in this room while we prepare a meal." With bright red cheeks from standing in the middle of all attention, she retreated to the kitchen. "I see there is plenty of meat, cheese and bread left, so let's start with that.", she said to the next person who entered the kitchen.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Christiana nodded at Liadan and grabbed her mom's homemade buns. She stepped into the dining room and put the buns on the table. She set the table and made sure there were enough chairs. There were, because her family was fairly large. "So that's Liadan, Lissy, Catharine and me, plus Fellowship which is nine, and Thorin and Company...That's...TWENTY SIX!" she exclaimed, counting the plates. She got them all, thirteen by thirteen, and put them on the table. The table could only fit twelve, so she got out two folding tables and set them up. She passed by the mirror and looked at herself. Maybe they would look more comfortable if she dressed more Middle Earth like? At least she wore a skirt. And Thorin was a king, basically. Maybe she needed to give more respect. Chris took a deep breath and went upstairs. She tied up her hair in a more Elvish way and put on a longer skirt. Better? she thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. She thought back to that modesty talk. Long dress...long sleeves! She changed her shirt but kept the cloak. Then she tried to gracefully walk down the stairs. After a brief glance at her elvish notebook she walked into the living room where all the characters were gathered. She felt that maybe the characters would feel a bit at ease if she used their language. All she knew in dwarvish was silence, and that's a command, so she decided not to use it. "Alright, everyone. Everything seems to be in order, let us eat! Tolo, govano ven," she said.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry saw Christiana leave but didn't follow her. Instead he talked with Pippin. It was really odd how one moment they were in Rivendell, the next they were in Christiana's house! When he heard Christiana invite them for lunch he followed eagerly. "I'm hungry, let's go!"
------------------------------------------------------------------
"What did she say?" Kili asked curiously. "I didn't understand the last sentence." "It doesn't matter, she says there's food! I hope there's lots of it," Ori said. They entered the dining room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Christiana turned to Liadan. "You can drive, right? We need ale, and lots of it. They will probably expect drinks!" she whispered worriedly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 8th, 2013, 11:03 am 

(^ I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with really long posts :p Also, have we found out where Legolas, Aragorn and Gandalf are yet?)

While Chris went upstairs to chance, Liadan threw together several bowls of cheese, fruit, vegetables and cold meat. She also put the bowls with lembas bread, sandwiches and oatmeal cookies on the table, hoping it would be enough to feed 26 persons. "Smart move on changing your clothes Chris," she murmered as they passed each other in the doorway. "And if you'll just keep them busy for a little longer, I'll get ale and wine. And I'll also get more bread and meat, I recall that dwarves aren't too fond of green food and fruits. Just call me if you think of anything else you might need, or if anything happens!" Even though this wasn't her house, Liadan felt responsible for the younger girls and she didn't feel completely comfortable leaving them in a house full of untill now fictional characters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Gimli had recovered from his initial shock, he found himself admiring the dark-haired dwarven prince. He had heard several stories about his courage and strength of will from his father, but meeting him in person was quite the event. "I am Gimli, son of Gloin", he introduced himself while kneeling before Thorin. Thorin gave him a surprised nod, and clasped his shoulder. "By my knowledge Gloins son is only a small child, not even old enough to wear his first chainmail or to handle his first axe. But the likeliness between the two of you is unmistakable. And in the current circumstances, nothing should come as too surprising." Gimli smiled relieved, and went on to talk with his father and uncle.
Even though Thorin seemed to relax, Dwalin didn't find himself able to relax. He showed this to the others by standing in the corner of the strange room, with his arms folded over each other and his large battle axe leaning on the ground, just within grasp. The smaller dwarves around him seemed very interested in their strange environment, picking up little objects to weigh them, touch them en sometimes even taste them. Dwalin just growled at the sight of Bofur and Nori huddling together over a large black rectangle in the corner, with several little buttons on the side and a strange lustre over its surface. Suddenly the thing came to life, blaring sound and images into the room. Everyone was quite for a few seconds, and then they all started talking at once. One of the girls, Dwalin couldn't remember her name, did something to make the thing silent and black again. He was still giving the thing suspicious glances when one of the other girls announced that dinner was ready.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2013, 8:57 am 
Istari
Istari

(oh! may I RP them please?)
Catharine wandered out of the kitchen, and tried not to sceam. Aragorn looked at her."Why are you wearing the Evenstar? Wait??? Are there 2 of them? I still have mine too!" Catharine groaned."Its complicated!" she told him."Come with me."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2013, 9:17 am 
Elf
Elf

Alyssa followed Catharaine out of the kitchen. "Oh, God!" She said when she saw the awkward conversation and went over to Frodo who still stood there. "Come on, we have food."

PostPosted: June 9th, 2013, 1:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Catharine led Aragorn into the kitchen and went out again to find her iPod. A tall blonde Elf was there,"Legolas??????" Legolas looked at her curiously, "How do you know my name?" Looking at the Evenstar he called "Aragorn?" Catharine left them alone and ran off to another room. Gandalf was there looking around.This time Catharine caught herself. "Hello, am I right in guessing you are Mithrandir? In that case, come with me." She led him into the kitchen and Legolas and Aragorn trailed them."We have food," Catharine murmured faintly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2013, 7:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Chris looked at everyone and cleared her throat. "May I have your attention please," she started, raising her voice. "Everyone please have a seat and we will discuss everything after we've filled our stomachs." She sat down at an empty table. (One table can hold 12, and the two others hold up to 8! @Legolin you signed up to RP Legolas.)

Promise I will post more later! Cousins have arrived so not a lot of time here!

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next