Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: From Fantasy To Reality
PostPosted: September 4th, 2011, 3:14 am 
Maia
Maia

Imagine this... Having a really awesome sleepover that involves the girliest of activities and swooning over: Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortenson and Elijah Wood, while watching them in the Lord of the Rings movies. You and your friends end up falling asleep while the movies are still running and then... BAM! You somehow magically get sucked into Middle Earth, with no way of getting out. Why are you there? How will you survive? Will you end up meeting the famous Fellowship of the Ring? You decide what path you take; be it good or evil.

(I wasn't really sure what category this would actually fall under, since it does, indeed, deal with both Middle Earth and our life... If I'm in the wrong section, please correct me.)

People Joined:
Megan (To be Amara) - Played by Amara
Allison (To be Arabella) - Played by Arabella Baggins
Collio - Played by Dream

Now, all I need is a bio of the characters you decide to place into the story!

Bio Example:

Name:
Physical Appearance:
Race in ME: (What race do you turn into once entering Middle Earth?)
Love Connection?: (Anyone from the Fellowship?)
Weapons: (For later on in the Middle Earth part.)
History: (It can be brief.)

Get to know the characters!!!

Amara

Name: Megan Jackson

Physical Appearance: Megan is no supermodel or cheerleader, but more the girl in the bleachers. She's a tall and slender girl, much like any of the elves. Her long brown hair reaches down to the middle of her back and is in beautiful natural curls. Her skin is pale white due to her always wearing pants and never being able to get a tan, since her complexion is so fragile. She has emerald green eyes, which will end up changing once she enters Middle Earth and her race changes.

Race in ME: Elf

Love Connection: Legolas

Weapons: None as of yet. (Will update later.)

History: Will put in later.

Arabella Baggins

Name: Allison, but once in Middle-earth will be going by the name of her LotR fanfiction OC, Arabella (Ari)
Physical Appearance: 5'3", longish brown hair, slightly curvy build, blue-green eyes. Extremely pale with freckles.
Race in ME: Hobbit!
Love Connection?: Frodo Baggins
Weapons: Sword and bow, but not very good at either. Will also use magic eventually, perhaps (to be decided later if that's all right)
History: Let me think on this and I will add it later today or tomorrow!

Dream

Name: Colllio
Physical Appearance: Short Blond Hair, Blue eyes, thin, generally wears causal armor.
Race in ME: Human
Love Connection?: No
Weapons: A flimsy sword
History: No

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Last edited by Amara on September 19th, 2011, 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: From Fantasy To Reality
PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 1:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Bumpity bump bump :)

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 2:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh my goodness! Might I join? This seems to hilarious to pass up!

Name: Allison, but once in Middle-earth will be going by the name of her LotR fanfiction OC, Arabella (Ari)
Physical Appearance: 5'3", longish brown hair, slightly curvy build, blue-green eyes. Extremely pale with freckles.
Race in ME: Hobbit!
Love Connection?: Frodo Baggins
Weapons: Sword and bow, but not very good at either. Will also use magic eventually, perhaps (to be decided later if that's all right)
History: Let me think on this and I will add it later today or tomorrow!

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 2:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

You're going to be added right now, Arabella! :)

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Starting this off for Arabella ;)]

Megan hurried around her two-story house, making sure that every inch of it was clean. Tonight was a night that she had been planning for months. A sleepover with her girlfriends. They all had been working a lot after high school and barely had time for each other, so they planned a get-together. This was something that she had been looking forward to the whole month previous.

Doing some finishing touches on the counters, Megan got the food and snackage prepared for them. All the junk food was required for that night: popcorn, chips, ice cream, soda, etc. She made it look nice on the coffee table in her living room, which was placed in front of the television. She turned it on and stuck in het favorite DVD; Lord of the Rings: The Extended Edition. She let it go to the main page on the disc and smiled widely. She couldn't wait for the first guest to arrive.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 6:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I had a quick question on the history component of the character bios--do you mean the history of "us", since we're essentially playing ourselves, or the history of whoever we become upon being transported to Middle-earth?)

Work had been rough today. To work as a waitress was always a mixed bag of good moments and ones that made you want to run as far as possible in the opposite direction and never come back, but today was definitely one of the worst work days in recorded history. Allison smiled as she walked up the front steps of Megan's house, the familiar home almost as comforting to her now as her own. This was exactly what she needed after such a distressing day.

She walked through the front door without bothering to knock, something that had become habit during her years of friendship with Megan. "Hey!" she called, slipping off her flip-flops just inside the entryway and continuing into the living room barefoot, as was typical of her--she hated to wear shoes for longer than she had to. She caught sight of her friend and grinned widely at her, crossing the room to give her a quick hug. "It's so great to see you! Knowing I had this to look forward to was the pretty much the only thing that kept me going this whole week." She gave another smile to let Megan know she was kidding--mostly.

Her eyes flickered over to the TV and the familiar title page displayed upon the screen, and her grin widened. "Oh, thank God!" she cried. "Work was killer today. I need Elijah Wood's gorgeous eyes, and I need them now."

Allison glanced around, hoping to see more familiar faces. "Am I the first one here?"

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 7:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

[I would say that you could just use the history of yourself for now. And then, once you become a brand new person in ME, you can start fresh with your history. :)]

Once Megan was finished cleaning and preparing for the slumber party, she hurried upstairs to change into her pajamas; skipping every other step on the way up. She went over to her dresser and pulled open the middle drawer, getting out her pajama shorts and a tank-top. Once putting them on, she slipped on her slippers and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. She had been so glad that she had taken the day off from work, as well as the day after. She wouldn't be able to handle work AND making this slumber party the best one ever thrown.

Going back downstairs, she went into the living room and almost as soon as she did, she heard one of her best friends' voices. It was Allison! She knew that she would be the first one to arrive, due to her always being so punctual. She smiled widely at the voice and then turned around to face her friend; being instantly greeted with a huge hug. She hugged her friend back and smiled even more, if that were possible. "Hey!" She exclaimed. She then heard what her friend said about Elijah Wood and laughed. "Yes, and I need Orlando Bloom's eyes. And his body too." She said and grinned, winking a bit.

Hearing Allison ask her a question, Megan nodded her head and leaned against the wall. "Of course, you're the first one! You always are! And I love it. It gives me a chance to catch up with you." She said softly and then looked over her friend's face. "Tell me what happened at work, since it wasn't a good day for you." She added, showing complete concern for her best friend.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Allison rolled her eyes playfully at Megan's remark about Legolas. "You and your elf-boy," she teased. "I guess I'll just never understand."

As expected, she was the first one there. Allison was always early for things--a combination of the way she was raised and the fact that she did theatre, where the saying goes, "To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is a sin." Allison returned Megan's smile after her friend asked her about work. "It was such a Murphy's Law day, you know?" she asked, crossing to the coffee table to grab a handful of potato chips before collapsing onto the couch. "Everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. We had a huge wedding reception there today and the bride was a total Bridezilla to all the servers, and I swear every two minutes someone was breaking a dish or a cup. Not me, though, by some miracle." Allison was notoriously clumsy. "I thought my boss was going to kill us all. I was lucky I got out of there early, some people are still there, but I requested tonight off." She smiled, although a bit more tiredly than before. "I wouldn't miss this."

She bit into another chip, shaking her head. "But enough of me and my whining! What have you been up to? I feel like I never see any of you guys anymore."

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

Megan sat down on the couch, as she listened to what Allison had to say; being genuinely intrigued by her story. "Yeah, I have those kinds of days all the time. It's no fun... But, I'm glad that you got to be here! It wouldn't have been the same without you." She said to her softly and then leaned back into the couch, more comfortably. She grabbed some chips in her hand as well and then started munching on some quietly.

Hearing her friend ask about how her life was doing, Megan shrugged and smiled a little. "Still boyfriend-less and still working my butt off, as usual." She said softly and made a face, before pointing to the television. "Legolas is what keeps me going." She said to Allison softly and then smirked slightly.

[I'm gonna start using Legolas after this!!! :D]

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I thought I was going to be RPing Legolas, and you RPing Frodo? I'm so confused! XD Or does that come later? Either way, awesome!)

(Also, this will probably be my last post for a while, as I'm going to the library for a study group since I have a German test tomorrow. But I'll be back after that!)

She waved her hand dismissively at Megan's boyfriend comment. "Please. Our 'fictional' boyfriends," she said, using her fingers to make quotation marks in the air as she said the word fictional, "are better than 99% of real boyfriends." Then she grew more serious. "But I get what you mean." She glanced over at the TV, chewing thoughtfully on another chip. "I guess that's one of the countless things that makes Lord of the Rings great, isn't it? How it's always there for us when we need it. When our real lives get to be too much, we can always escape to Middle-earth for as long as we want and come back to the real stuff, hard stuff, later." She giggled. "And, of course, when we do want to escape, we'll have our boys waiting for us in Middle-earth, won't we?"

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:40 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Whoops! I meant to say Frodo! Haha! Didn't mean to confuse you there! :D We can start off after Elrond had the meeting and they're at dinner or something random like that.]

Megan pulled her leg up to her chest and then wrapped her free arm around it, chewing on a chip. She swallowed it and stared at the television screen, as Allison said what was on her mind about Lord of the Rings. She smiled a little, as she started to absolutely agree with her best friend. That was one of the exact reasons why she was her best friend; because they understood each other. "That's exactly my thoughts..." Megan said to Allison and then looked back to her, with a smile.

Sighing deeply, she got more comfortable and finished off the chips that she had in her hand. She wiped it off with her other hand and then nibbled on her lower lip. "Wouldn't it be amazing, if just for one day... We could meet them? And I don't just mean Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom. I mean Frodo and Legolas." She said to Allison, sounding somewhat excited; even though, she knew that what she had just asked about was impossible.

----------------

Frodo had a lot on his mind and that was almost an understatement. He felt like he had been hit one too many times on the head with the end of Gimli's axe. He had just gotten dismissed from Lord Elrond's meeting for the Fellowship of the Ring. He wasn't too sure how he was going to do this task, but he knew that it had to be done; no matter what the cost. He was going to risk his life to make sure that Middle Earth was safe. Sure, he was a little man... But, big things come in small packages.

Walking down one of the many corridors, Frodo managed to find the dining room. He already saw Merry, Pippin and Sam starting to pig out on their food with Gimli and it made him smile a bit. Sam saw Frodo walk into the room and then raised his hand and waved it, to get his attention. "Mr. Frodo! O'er here! I saved ya a seat!" He said and then Frodo walked over to them, sitting down next to his best friend and cousins.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 11:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(It's okay! I've been studying all day, I'm so tired I'm easily confused now! XD Also, this will be my last post today, since they're upgrading the internet at my university tonight and they need to shut down the system for a few hours to do it. I'll have several hours after classes tomorrow to post, though, and I'm going home for the weekend, so free time galore!)

"That would be too amazing for words," Allison agreed, imagining. "Though I'm not sure just one day would be enough! Do you? I wouldn't want to leave!" She thought for a second before laughing again, a rather fangirlish giggle. "I don't even know what I would say to them if I did meet them. I mean, I'd probably just be staring at them forever, not wanting to blink in case it was just a dream or something! Or blurt out 'I love you' or something ridiculous like that. I mean, I know I plotted out pages and pages of dialogue in my fanfic--you read it, or some of it, remember?--but I'm sure if I met them all of it would fly right out of my head!" She sighed happily. "It would still be amazing, though."

------------

(First post as Legolas! Oh my goodness, pressure....XD)

Although they had all been invited to a meal after the Council, Legolas hung back, preferring to join them after much of the excitement had died down. He remained outside, wanting to be alone with his thoughts, wandering the paths of Imladris, taking everything in. He hadn't been here in years, but it was as if he had never left.

He paused, resting his arms on a railing overlooking a waterfall. He gazed up at the cloudless sky. Despite the danger that surely awaited them, he did not regret pledging his allegiance to Frodo, and to the Fellowship of the Ring. He knew in his heart that he had made the right decision, and he would fight to honor the oath he had made to whatever end. Still, the gravity of the situation was not lost on him. He could only imagine the horrors and struggles that lay ahead, and if they should fail...

Legolas shook his head. He mustn't think like that, he knew. Worry and despair would get them nowhere. For tonight, do not dwell on it. There will be time to think on these matters again tomorrow. Tonight, simply eat, laugh, and enjoy the company of others. I should get to know Frodo better, in any case, since we shall soon be traveling together.' With that, he turned and made his way back inside, following the unmistakable voices of the Dwarf--who he was still not thrilled would be included in the Company--and the two more mischevious Hobbits, whose names, he recalled, were Pippin and Merry. He gave them a polite smile as he entered the room, moving to sit near the Hobbits, but not directly next to them. "Mae Govannen, Frodo," he said kindly.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 7:23 am 
Maia
Maia

Megan giggled giddily, as she listened to Allison describe herself, if she had to chance to meet Frodo. "I would probably faint at seeing Legolas. Then, once I recovered, I would tell him that he was the most gorgeous man in Middle Earth." She said softly and sighed, almost being in a dream-like state. She really wished that their dreams could come true and that they would get to meet their fantasy men, but there was no hope in dreaming for that. She made a face at the thought. She had always been a dreamer. And that fact helped her immensely, as she wrote her first novel.

Swallowing hard, Megan looked over to Allison and smiled a little. "The girls are taking too long..." She then pointed to the television. "Shall we start it?" She added, hopefully. She really needed her Legolas.

-------------------------

Frodo started eating, while listening to Merry and Pippin talk about how their going to be the best fighters, against the Orcs. Frodo smiled a little and then heard Legolas' voice from out of nowhere. He looked over and saw him there, which caught him slightly by surprise. "Oh, hello there. I didn't even see you come in." He said softly and smiled a little to him, before getting more comfortable in his spot. He didn't know why the people from the meeting decided to protect him. He didn't even know them. And yet, they promised to protect him with their life. That was something that he would hold near and dear to his heart forever.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 10:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Allison titled one head to the side, considering Megan's request to start the movie. "Well, I don't think they'd mind...and, I mean, it's not like they haven't seen it before!" She winked. "If they get upset, they can just watch the whole thing by themselves whenever they want. Or we can rewind and start from the beginning." She glanced over at the front door to see if anyone was coming up the sidewalk. "Here, wait til I change into my pajamas. That'll give them a little bit more time to get here. Then we'll start it." She got up and grabbed her bag that had all her overnight things in it, taking it into the nearest bathroom and putting on a pair of light pink flannel pajama pants and a purple "I heart New York" shirt. Her pajamas were always a bit more modest--although she only weighed a little over 130 pounds, Allison was very self-conscious about her legs, and always wore shorts long enough to cover her knees when she did wear them.

She came back into the living room and tossed her bag in a corner, looking around to see if there were any new arrivals. "Might as well start it," she said, flopping back on the couch again and trying to get comfortable before getting up and laying on her stomach on the floor, looking up at the TV--the position she always seemed to end up watching movies in. "If they hurry, they'll only miss the Prologue and maybe a bit of the Shire."

-------------

Legolas gave an apologetic smile after he startled the poor Halfling. He hadn't meant to sneak up on him, but Frodo was no doubt unused to how silently and swiftly Elves could move. He took a small sip from a goblet that was offered to him, and the conversations of Merry and Pippin reached his ears. He frowned slightly, turning to Frodo. "Your friends have strong hearts, that is clear, but they should not make light of battle. It is serious, not a game for children to play. We have a long and dangerous road ahead of us, as you know, of course."

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 3:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

Megan smiled widely at what Allison said and then giggled. "Sounds good!" She said softly and then leaned back into the couch, waiting for her friend to finish getting changed. She took a deep breath and looked back to the television screen, as Legolas appeared on it. She sighed deeply and nibbled on her lower lip. "I wish you were real..." She said softly to the image on the screen, shook her head and then looked down to her lap.

Hearing Allison's voice again, she looked up and smiled to what she said. She nodded and giggled a bit more. "True, true!" She said softly and then started up the movie; looking overly excited.

--------------------

Frodo smiled to Legolas and shook his head. "Don't fret, Legolas... I wasn't too scared." He said and ate some more of his food. He listed to what Legolas said about Merry and Pippin and nodded in agreement. "I know... I don't think that they realize how much danger is going to be involved... I don't even know." He said softy and swallowed hard, taking a deep breath.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 8:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She hung back a bit as she heard Megan's soft voice murmuring something, not wanting to interrupt whatever reverie or daydream her friend was currently swept up in. When she finally did come back, she settled herself down in front of the TV and told Megan to start it, which she did. Allison's face immediately lit up in a grin as the opening music began--a melody that never failed to send shivers down her spine.

"The world is changed," came the ethereal voice of Galadriel. " feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air..."

The prologue unfolded as it always did, with both girls on the edge of their seats even though they had both seen it countless times before. Soon enough, the camera panned across the map of Middle-earth, coming to rest on the Shire. Allison let out a quiet little fangirl squeal. "Frodo countdown: T-minus five minutes, give or take. Once we go through the beautiful montage of my future home, of course, with narration by my future uncle-in-law." She turned over her shoulder to wink at Megan before focusing back on the screen again. She almost felt sorry for her friend simply because Megan had to wait so long before Legolas got any screentime, but she knew Megan loved the story and the movies enough not to mind too much.

---------

Legolas gave Frodo what he hoped was a reassuring look. "None of us may know what lies before us. Dwelling too much on it tonight will do more harm than good to all of us in the end. I merely meant that they should not assume that it will be exactly like the grand adventures they have heard in childhood stories. Reality is always vastly different than the imagining. But for tonight, at least, I suppose we can let them have their fun. Do not let this trouble you, Frodo."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next