Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Following In Darkness Wake
PostPosted: October 27th, 2014, 10:01 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

((It would be interesting if Cúran found Narussë in the woods... just an idea))

At last, Narussë rose to her feet and looked upwards at the moon.
"I remember when you rose over Lake Mithrim, Isil," she said, "It was so long ago, and I wish some things could have changed. I wish I could go back."

She began to wander into the trees, Isil's light illuminating patches of the mist she walked through.

She leaned against the smooth, grey bark of a tree. She was doubtless at least a mile away, perhaps more. Anarohtar would wonder where she was, but he wouldn't leave until she got back. She closed her eyes and began to sing softly, one of many songs she'd written with her older brother, Kanafinwe. Singing always helped her, but sometimes it just made the memories stronger.

~Married to Faramir of Gondor since 7/5/2014~

~*~Túranel Narussë Talintë, Daughter of Fëanaro~*~

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 2:55 am 
Ent
Ent

Sat on a rock, Lónannûniel held her wooden flute. She wanted to play the song she made up herself. But now it was too late for that. The Woodland Queen glanced into the cave. Both of the children were so sweet and cute. She thought back to Legolas's youth. Her mind was lost in happy memories. Every crack and brush caught her attention.

Lónannûniel heard singing. How many nights had she wandered through Mirkwood on a semi-nightly basis, singing away her sorrows. How many years had she wandered the land in self-inflicted exile, singing? She had to admit to herself, that she liked listening to the sounds around her, than listening to the noises of the forest above her home. Those were far too predictable to her.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 6th, 2014, 1:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anarion woke up with Elizabeth lightly shaking him. She was quietly saying "Mr. Gror says it's time to wake up Mr. Anarion." He got up and realized that it was morning, Arthur was being fed by Gror. He then realized that he had never been put on watch. He walked over to Gror and said "Why didn't you wake me up for my turn on watch last night?"

Gror smiled slightly and then said "Because you where actually sleeping peacefully for the first time in a while." Anarion shook his head at the comment, and then said "Fine Gror, I get it. Where is everyone else?" Gror shrugged and replied "I'm not sure, they're around somewhere, but we need to get going soon. So hopefully they won't take much longer before they come back here." Anarion nodded and grabbed some breakfast to eat until the others got back.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 10:39 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Anarohtar rose to his feet and shook out his mane with a snort.

A few seconds later, Narusse entered the cave.
"I am sorry I did not take watch," she said, and walked over to her horse, her whole being radiating that she didn't want to be questioned.

She gave Anarohtar a scratch on the withers. "Na celumë hare hi." She told him. "Leluvalye sucë."

PostPosted: November 8th, 2014, 3:38 am 
Ent
Ent

Lónannûniel had remained at the cave entrance the whole night. Her mind filled with happy memories of the realm, including those of her husband. Legolas as an infant. The many gatherings. The moments, where she felt truly happy. Being away from the one place she had called home for so long, always made her think of the good times and not the bad. In truth, she had not even noticed the first glow of sunrise. That would hinder her much later in the day, when tiredness came to claim her. Nothing of danger's origin had stirred, or dared come near.

"Is that the voice of Anarion I hear, with my own ears? Or has the curse of tiredness already fallen upon me?" said the elven queen, at the sound of the man she saw as a second son. "Come here to me, so I may speak with you." The elven queen stood, from the rock she had sat upon for the night in its entirety. Only when she were on her feet, did she realise how stiff her limbs felt. Lónannûniel would have stretched to ease away the pain, but it was not right for a queen to do so in the open.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 8th, 2014, 11:41 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anarion looked at Gror questioningly after Narusses comment, but the Dwarf just gave a slight shrug and shook his head a little. All Gror knew was that he had woke up with Lónannûniel still on watch, and Narusse nowhere in site even though she should have been on her rotation. So Gror took watch, and that was all, this was the first he had saw of Her.

Anarion then heard Lónannûniel call out for him to come to her. Anarion was about to go to her when Gror pointed at Anarions saddle bag and started opening and closing his had slowly, in a way that resembled someone with tense joints and muscles. Anarion nodded and went to retrieve the vial of ointment meant to help that problem, and brought it with him when he went to her. As her reached her he smiled and said "Here I am Lónannûniel. What would you like to talk about, and would you like some ointment fore your soreness?" He offered her the vial he carried as he asked the last part

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 8:05 am 
Ent
Ent

When Anarion approached her, Lónannûniel had her ear pressed close to a tree, as if she were listening to a whispering voice. She opened her eyes. "Oh, no. I shall be fine. The stiffness shall ease, with movement. I called you, because I must tell you, of what I have heard. The land cries. Something dark and dangerous has crossed the path we are about to find ourselves on. We must listen to their warning, and proceed with caution." Having lived in the fortress under the Mirkwood forest for most of her days, she had become quite in tune with nature, and the sound of frightened and hurried steps. There were plenty of those to be heard, from a distance away.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 11:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anarion nodded his head at what Lónannûniel had to say. Then he replied "Well I know that the Orks, and other creatures, where heading the same way we're going, but something tells me that what the land is worried about isn't that. We've got no choice though. We need to move out as soon as possible. I want to get the kids to their family as soon as possible, and then we can pick up the trail to find where they went. We'll keep an eye out for whatever the land is worried about also. I just hope it's not much worse than what we're already tracking."

Gror finished feeding Arthur, and then placed the boy in Elizabeths hands so she could hold the boy while she was sitting down so that Gror could pack the stuff up. He started getting everything packed up, and while he was doing this he said "Hey, Narusse, would you like to eat something, we're going to be leaving soon, but there should be enough time to eat before we leave. What do you say?"

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 11:48 am 
Ent
Ent

"What the ground cries for, I would rather act as if it does not exist, until we find ourselves facing it. Some things should not be named." Lónannûniel composed herself, moving away from the tree. "Did Gror just speak of food? I must join in with our feast of sorts, if there is one going. In my haste to leave The Realm, I did not think to pack food." The elven queen entered the cave, for she felt no good would come of discussing the moving danger any further out in the open. "May I?" she said, to the dwarf named Gror.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 7:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gror looked up as Lónannûniel came in, and replied to her question saying "Of course you may, there's plenty for everyone." Anarion had stayed outside to think on Lónannûniels words. After a little time he walked back in and said "Everyone, eat if you like, and then prepare to move out. I want to be out of here within the hour."

PostPosted: November 20th, 2014, 10:39 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Narusse bit her lip.
"I think I will not eat this morn, as I did not fulfill my duties last night," she said, turning to groom her horse.
She took a deep breath, combing a snag from Anarohtar's mane with her fingers.
The flaxen stallion bumped her shoulder gently with his nose, and she managed a smile, stroking it.
He snorted.
She rolled her eyes.
"Istanyë," she said, "Apa umë maurenyes."

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 5:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lónannûniel gladly took some of the food. Only enough to sustain her, but not enough to make her feel full. If her stomach were full, with the lack of sleep she had the previous night, she may want to sleep. That was not an option. In truth the elven queen had not really caught a wink of sleep since she left The Realm. Only when she felt there was a great distance between herself and her woodland home, then she would rest.

Her thoughts were troubled by what she had heard from the voice of the land. Every part of her hoped that it was nothing, or a cry left over from a long forgotten battle.

"Out of the many feasts hosted in The Realm. The many gatherings within our kingdoms. I do feel, that the first meal of freedom is better than all of them."

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 21st, 2014, 8:07 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Narusse watched her as she continued grooming her horse.
She gave the woodland queen a sad, bitter smile, but said nothing, her grey eyes seeming to reflect her own years of freedom, more than ten thousand years ago.
Anarohtar snorted and shook his mane, and Narusse gave his withers a quick scratch.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2014, 2:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

"How much time, until we continue on our way?" asked Lónannûniel. A thought had taken shape in her mind, that she may have to send her horse back to The Realm, or leave him in Rivendell. The horse was just as recognisable as the crown she usually wore. Any wandering elf may see it, and know that a Mirkwood elf is not far away.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 28th, 2014, 2:24 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Sorry that I haven't been on. My phones internet is acting up so I'll get on when I can, but I won't be able to get on regularly again until around the 10th, or the 15th, of December. As soon as I can start getting on regularly again I will.)

Anarion looked at Narusse and said "Regardless of whether you took watch last night, or not, the offer still stands. It will do no one any good if you collapse from hunger while we are traveling, but the choice is yours to make." He then looked at Lónannûniel and replied "The first meal of freedom is indeed grand, but for those who rarely get to be with those they care for, nothing can compare to a meal with the people they hold dear to their hearts."

Anarion took a moment to check everything, and then said "We will be leaving soon everything has been packed, except for the food supplies, once everyone has had enough, and is done eating, we will pack those up and be gone. Me, Gror, Elizabeth, and Arthur are all ready to go. Once the two of you are finished we can set out. You'll want to keep your horse for know."

"Once we have dropped off the children with their family, and once we've got an idea of where the servants of Sauron are headed we can then make our decision on where to go next, that will give us a better idea of if you should let your horse return home, or not." Anarion then leaned against one of the cave walls while everyone else finished their food, and finished preparing to leave.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2014, 11:38 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Narusse finished grooming her horse and slipped her quiver and bow over her shoulder, then buckled her sword to her belt.
"If we run out of food, I have a bit of Lembas bread," she said, "Not much, but enough, I should think."
She brought Anarohtar outside and mounted up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next