Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: July 10th, 2017, 1:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Alrighty :) )

Micha smiled and gave Sygnet's hand a gentle squeeze. He looked at the maps and back to his wife. "Well, I suppose the maps can wait." He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair before standing to his feet. "I don't suppose a sleepless night would do me any good anyhow." He chuckled slightly, glancing over to Brinley who was already asleep.

It took a long while, but eventually Micha did fall asleep. Not the same could be said for Esmerelda. If it were not enough that there was a vengeful spirit on the loose she had plenty of other things on her mind to keep her awake. She drifted in and out of sleep, though mostly out. She tossed and turned and what little sleep she got was poor quality. When morning came she was woke once more by her tossing about. She saw the first glint of sunlight spilling over the horizon and knew once it got light there was no chance of her falling back to sleep so she sat up and sat in silent contemplation waiting for others to be up and about.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 11th, 2017, 2:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley was sprawled across his bed, arms extended with his mouth hanging open and snoring slightly. It was honestly a funny sight with his messed up hair and the sheet lines on his face.

Sygnet was sound asleep next to Micha, curled up on the small bed. She couldn't have slept alone even if she tried so there they were, two full grown adults in the bed made for one.

Arnwen was awake upstairs but avoided going down as making breakfast would inevitably cause everyone to wake up and they all needed sleep. Esmerelda especially. She hadn't had a good nights sleep in about 3 days. Not since Brinley got sick.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2017, 1:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha lay on his side in the small bed, one arm under Sygnet's head and his other resting on his side. It was a cramped space for the two but he was glad to have Sygnet there with him. After all the oath they took was for better or for worse and this certainly wasn't the worst situation they had found themselves in.

Across the small room Esmerelda sat looking over at Micha and Sygnet. She smiled, admiring them, their relationship, and how much they had helped her in the last eight years. She then looked over to Brinley and her grin widened for a moment at his appearance. That grin quickly faded when she remembered why they were all here crammed into the small beds in one small room in the house of Arnwen the healer. She rubbed her eyes and face with a long slow exhale.

For a while it seemed like the minutes passed away slowly and every second seemed to take forever. Soon, Esmerelda found herself lost in thought, though. The next thing she knew it was well over an hour past sun up. She glanced around the room. Micha was awake, she could see that much. He had not moved but his eyes were open.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2017, 1:16 am 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen decided to get up. He strapped on his boots and quietly made his way to the stairs. Once in the kitchen, he began to make breakfast.

Brinley awoke to the smell of eggs frying in the pan and he sat up, eyes closed as he sniffed the air. The smell of bacon was absent as the elves of Lorien didn't eat meat. It smelled amazing, however.

Automatically, the boy got to his feet and began helping in the kitchen, completely unaware that his gait was almost normal, apart from a slight limp. It was too early for him to fully realize the feat he had accomplished so soon after the accident.

Sygnet was outside on Arnwen's porch, perched on the railing and just watching the sun climb higher, the early morning rays peeking through the trees and bathing the ground in streaks of gold. This was the most beautiful time of day in the great city.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 9:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Once the others were up and about Esmerelda climbed out of bed. She notted Brinley's ease of movement and was glad to see such improvement. Micha, by now, sat at the table going over Marl's papers again.

Esmerelda moved into the kitchen and watched in silence for a bit. "You look as though you are feeling better," she said, stepping over to Brinley.

Seeing the food was soon to be redyMicja got up and went out to join Sygnet. He walked over and gazed at the sun rising in the sky and shining theough the trees. "Food will be ready soon," he told her.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 8:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Much," he chuckled slightly and put an arm around her shoulders to pull her in and kiss her on the head gently. Then he let her go.

As Sygnet sat perched, an elf made the approach to the cottage, clutching a letter in his hand.

Sygnet approached the elf and spoke with him for a bit. She then took the letter and the two departed each other. Once in the house, she took it to Brinley, "It's from your Captain," she told him quietly.

Last edited by Galadareth on July 17th, 2017, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 11:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Hey, thought I would clarify. Is the letter to Brinley from his captain?)

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 12:41 am 
Ent
Ent

(Yes! Sorry I made a small error in the post but I fixed it!)

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 8:42 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(It's all good! :) It was late and I figured it was a typo but then thought maybe I had missed something. Didn't want to post and then have to re-write the whole thing. Lol )

Esmerelda looked shyly at her feet as Brinley kissed her head but she leaned her head into him and smiled warmly as she let her hair fall in front of her face and hide her smile. She had just looked up when Sygnet and Micha came in and at Sygnet's words her heart filled with dread. Was this it? Was Brinley heading back already? She said nothing but she watched as Brinley read the note and silently her eyes begged the question... "What does it say?"

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 9:15 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley was quiet for a moment before he answered, still looking at the letter, "It says that I am a liability with this sorceress as no one in the camp is equipped to handle her. They don't want me to come back," he said quietly and looked at his mother for some guidance.

Sygnet didn't know what to do. It wasn't something she had experience with. It was a heavy few moments as she went forward to give him a soft hug and a few comforting words that everything will be alright.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 12:16 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda felt her breath leave her lungs in a slow steady exhale. She was certainly not expecting the letter to say that! She felt relieved that Brinley would be staying yet at the same time she felt guilty for the very relief that she felt. She stood by silently, wondering what to say... what could she say? She could hardly tell him she was glad. Brinley was obviously grief striken by the news. She could hardly sympathize with him either, though.

She took a deep breath, reminded herself not to think only of her own desires, and looked up at Brinley once Sygnet released him from her hug. "I won't lie..." she spoke softly and averted her eyes. "I want you to stay, Brinley. I'm tempted to see this as good news, but I know how much your training and career mean to you." She paused and looked Brinley in the eye before continuing. "With the help of Lady Galadriel we can do away with this sorceress once and for all. After that has been done I'm sure they will gladley reinstate you."

She took a deep breath and hoped her words offered solace while wishing for her eyes not to betray her words and show her true feelings.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 1:05 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley nodded, "I can only hope so," he told her, failing to see the secrets her eyes hid, "It would be nice to return to Rohan, if my injuries heal to their utmost ability. I doubt my captain would accept a young horseman who could barely move a shoulder," he chuckled slightly, attempting to lighten the mood if only a little bit.

"Well, then. To Lady Galadriel it is?" Sygnet suggested and then looked at the finished breakfast Arnwen had made, "Right after we eat," she chuckled to herself as she went to help Arnwen distribute the food.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 3:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda swallowed hard and nodded at Brinley's words, but reminded herself to think objectively... what that meant at this point she wasn't sure but it seemed to keep her mind less tumultuous. She accepted the food given as Micha and the others ate she picked at her food gingerly. She ate, just not much. It always seemed the more she had on her mind the less she ate. Even when she would work in the forge she would often skip meals for days if she was working on a major project that had her mind preoccupied.

Soon, it seemed everyone was finished and they would be heading out in a minute. Esmerelda took a few last bites and set the remainder of her food down on the counter beside Arnwen's sink.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 1:05 am 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen stayed behind while everyone else left towards the large center tree. Brinley had a little trouble climbing the rope ladder but he made it, thanks to his upper body strength. Sygnet knocked on the door and Lady Galadriel answer, "I had been wondering when you would come see me, please enter," she stood back as all 4 of them entered. The Lady asked them to sit but she remained standing, moving to a window where she could gaze outside at the Mallorn trees.

"Milady Galadriel, we have come to ask for your help," Sygnet began.

"With the sorceress, am I right in assuming as much?"

Brinley nodded.

"Tell me, young soldier, how do your legs feel," the lady asked.

"Not like much, My lady. Moving them is not easy," he responsed, self consciously rubbing his knee.

Galadriel smiled slightly, "Arnwen will remedy that. As for the sorceress. All I can do is tell you how to defeat her."

PostPosted: July 30th, 2017, 8:43 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda took a seat, though she rather felt like standing. Michael as well took his seat in the group and listened.

When Lady Galadriel said that all she could do is tell them how to defeat the sorceress Esmerelda had to bite her tongue. Did that mean she was not willing to help them? I stead of speaking up she listened for a moment longer.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2017, 12:34 am 
Ent
Ent

Galadriel looked between all of them, "There is a pool to the north of here, full of the clearest water. If you gather around the pool, the sorceress will join you there. She will not be able to resist, when she appears, you must trap her in this bottle," the Lady picked one off her table and handed it to Sygnet, "she will be drawn into it with very little resistance,"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next