Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 12:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Alrighty)

Micha stood watch that night, not bothering to wake Sygnet or disturb the other two elves. He didn't figure he would get much sleep anyways. Sygnet seemed to trust the young boy but Micha still had an uneasy feeling about him. By the time the sun came up over the horizon Micha had a pot of water boiling on the fire, ready to make coffee. It was a cool morning and something hot to drink would be quite nice Micha thought.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 1:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

The ambassadors awoke early and crept out of the tent, looking to go scout the camp they had just cleared. Hopefully to look for some answers as to why they had been kidnapped.

Brinley awoke not long after the elven siblings and sat on his bedroll quietly, waiting to be given instructions of some sort.

Sygnet began to stir shortly after, "Smells good," she mumbled, opening her eyes and sitting up, stretching and then looking over at Micha. She put a hand on the back of her bandaged head. It didn't hurt as much as it had the day before, which was good.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 2:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha gave a curt nod to the two elves as they left the tent, though he barely acknowledged Brinley. A glance at the boy when he sat up was all.

When Sygnet woke he looked over to her with a small smile. "Good morning, how are you feeling?"

He grabbed a few cups and poured some coffee, offering Sygnet a cup. He glanced over at Brinley a bit of heaitency showing as he asked, "You drink coffee?"

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 3:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet gratefully took the cup her offered her and snuggled close to the mug, "Much better. How's your arm?" She asked him.

"No, thank you, sir," Brinley told him before sinking back into his corner. The young boy was pretty large for his age and was covered in dirt and scars. The product of living with a band of ruthless mercenaries. Sygnet pitied him. He'd lived most of his life without being loved and for some reason she had been drawn to him.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 4:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"That's good," Micha said, happy to hear Sygnet was feeling a little better. "My arm will be fine," he told her. "There is no infection. As long as it stays that way it will heal just fine."

He poured himself a cup of coffee and sipped at the steaming beverage gingerly. He wamted to ask Sygnet about her behavior the night before... but he wouldn't until they were alone. For some reason he was still quite unsettled about the recent turn of events. Perhaps it was a combination of Sygnet's actions, their injuries, and his wife's strange affinity for the young boy... which he still didn't understand.

"Brinley," he said after a long moment. "Give us a moment of privacy, if you would."

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 6:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet was please he was doing better and silently prayed that infection would stay away. When Micha asked Brinley to leave, the boy did so quite hurriedly.

Sygnet slowly sipped her coffee, "I know I should have made sure to ask you if it was alright to let Brinley stay with us," she began quietly.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 7:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha nodded softly. "It would have been nice to have a heads up... but I actually wanted to speak to you more about your behavior the night we captured the boy..." he paused for a moment. "You seemed, troubled."

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 8:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

"We can leave him with some friends in Snowbourn if you would prefer she told him. As he mentioned the events of the previous night, her face grew dark and grim. Almost as if a shadow was cast across her fine elven features.

"I was reminded of a lifetime long past," was all she said in response.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 8:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha ignored Sygnet's comment about the boy for the time being and walked over and sat beside her. "Would you care to talk about it? Or would it do more harm than good to bring it to the surface?"

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 9:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet sighed, "A long time ago, when Thandir, my last husband, was killed...I...I slaughtered all of the bandits that did it. I killed every last one of them and I didn't feel anything for it. It didn't change how much I blamed them for his death. So I killed more. I killed and killed and killed. Hundreds of people, most who didn't even know why they were going to die. Until finally, I stood before a young child before me, a young boy, much like Brinley. I was going to murder him in cold-blood and if I hadn't stopped...Micha, I sat down in the blood and carnage I had created and cried. That poor child just watched me, not crying, not understanding, just watching me..." by now the elven woman had been telling this story to her empty coffee cup. She didn't cry. She did look sorry for what she had done long ago, "I began to realize that I should have blamed myself for his death and once I accepted it, I felt better. I felt freer and happier. And I left behind those days and didn't look back. At least not until now," she finally ended the story and looked at Micha, eyes forlorn and sad, almost empty of any other emotion.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 9:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha sighed, sad to see her in such distress. He took her hands in his and leaned forwards, kissing her gently on the forehead. "I don't believe it was your fault. Life... death... it's a part of nature. Even for many elves eventually. Times come and go, people rise and fall. It's when the time rises... what do we do with that time? That's what really matters. I honestly can't say I blame you for you reaction to his death... I fear if I lost you it would drive me to revenge without question." Micha hugged Sygnet, running a finger through her hair, cautiously avoiding her injury. "I just want to know you are ok." His last words were so soft any non-elven ears would have struggled to make out his statement.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 10:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled and buried her face into his chest for a moment, breathing in his scent, "I'm always okay. As long as you are beside me. I am forever okay," she whispered to him, kissing him on the cheek swiftly.

"In other news, can we keep Brinley? He's got a good heart, I can tell," she smiled knowingly at the entrance of the tent, where the boy was standing.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 10:07 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha hugged her tightly. "Well, then I will just have to be sure to never leave your side," he said in a serious, yet half teasing manner. He kissed her gently on the lips and smiled at her following question. He didn't bother to look up at Brinley. "I suppose we can see if it will work out."

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 10:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled, and looked up at the boy and waved him over, "Brinley, would you prefer to stay with us? Or I could leave you with some friends of mine in Snowbourn. Which would you like?" she asked him, eyes full of kindness.

Brinley stood quietly. No one had ever asked him for his own opinion before, "Miss, if you wouldn't mind, I would love to stay with you. You saved me from myself and these bandits," he gave her a small smile in return.

Sygnet returned his smile, "I guess we are just one big happy family now," she looked at Micha and chuckled slightly.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 11:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha gave a smile, though still a little forced. He trusted Sygnet's judgement but he still was not entirely sure about the boy. In an odd sort of way he almost felt a little jelouse of Sygnet's attention towards the lad... though he knew it was absurd to think such things.

"Well... as long as everyone is happy," Micha said, standing to his feet. "That's what is important." He glanced towards the doorway of the tent. "Our elven friends have been out scavanging the camp I think... perhaps I should go check on them?"

PostPosted: December 18th, 2016, 11:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet looked back at the entrance, "They should be back soon. Give them a few more minutes then go look for them. You know elves and curiosity," she winked at him and then smiled.

The elves themselves were busy going through the tents of the high ranking officers, searching chests. Finally they found a message, detailing the warrant for their capture. Pleased, they returned to camp with their news.

They entered the tent of their companions and then showed them the note, "Looks like we were supposed to be delivered to Isengard the following morning with the information we carry," Agorion informed them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 77  Next