Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 7:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Esmerelda waved and said her fairwell as Brinley took his leave. She turned back to her forge but she knew she would not get any more work done. She set her projects asside and headed home to clean up. She hurried out but tried not to show it... though she didn't even know why. She wanted plenty of time to clean up. She didn't want Brinley thinking she was always this dirty. She hoped it had not left a bad impression in his mind.

As Brinley entered the home on the flet Micha looked over to him. "You look a little... less chipper than I expected."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 3:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley shrugged and brushed it off, "It was a long trip," he hung his helm on the coat rack by the door and began removing his armor. Once in his underclothes and boots, he gave a side hug to his mother and then went to see if he could help prepare dinner, "Well, how have the both of you been? No new adventures, I assume?" he asked, remembering how they had hung up their traveling cloaks for the domestic life. He washed his hands in the sink and began to help prepare the food.

He had grown so tall at this point that he was at least a head taller than his half-elven mother. His face had matured and his cheekbones were more prominent. Oddly enough, he was fully human but he had actually began to look for elven. Despite looking so grown up, he still had some freckles on his nose. Sygnet was so proud of him as she beamed at her husband, almost saying "look at our most perfect son" without actually saying it.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 9:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"No," Micha answered. "Not unless you count chasing after rabbits on the horses." Micha chuckled. "It does them good to run once in a while." He stayed sitting and looked over to Sygnet. He couldn't help but smile widely at her expression.

Back at her flet Esmerelda was nearly finished getting ready. She set her hair back in a loose braided style and walked out the door, trying to think if there was anything she had forgot. When she got to Sygnet and Micha's flet she stopped, taking a few nervous breath at the door and then knocked.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 11:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley looked up at the door and then at his parents, "Who is that?" he asked, wondering if Marl was still around.

"That would be Esmerelda. We invited her over for supper," Sygnet said.

Brinley heart leapt into the air and then fell quickly. He must look like an atrocious mess. He quickly ran a hand through his hair, giving it a nice, wind-swept look and then nonchalantly continued setting the table.

Sygnet smiled at his sudden attempt to groom himself and opened the door, inviting the young Blacksmith into the small house, "Good to see you again, Emerelda," she chuckled and closed the door, taking taking her cloak for her.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2017, 12:08 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Without all the ash and soot on her face Esmerelda looked vastly different. Now that her hair was washed you could see it's light brown color was heavily lit with natural red. Her green eyes gleamed and her skin was no longer smudged with black but was an even gentle olive color. Her features, oddly enough and somewhat like Brinley's, almost seemed to mimic an almost half elven look. She had a slender form with a square face shape and just alightly pronounced cheek bones. She had worn a formal elvish outfit. Feeling a dress, which she had very few of, was too fancy she had worn a green pants, shirt, and tunic set with gold decorative ivy.

Esmerelda stepped inside and greeted Sygnet and Micha. She then looked to Brinley with a smile. She walked slowly over towards the table where he was setting things out. "Well, have I missed any interesting stories of your adventures?"

PostPosted: May 5th, 2017, 12:20 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley smiled, "None at all! I've only recently been cleared from training. I graduated a few months ago and I have been shadowing one of the higher ranking officers in Edoras while I learn. He's a good guy and an excellent teacher," he laughed, "But he does have quite the temper, I will tell you," he looked up at Esmerelda.

Sygnet beamed at him with so much pride. He had grown up so much but it made her sad to have missed most of it.

"You know, all of my fellow trainees would be so jealous of me. If they found out I knew you, Esmerelda," he smiled again, "You know you're quite famous in Edoras. They hear stories of your superb craftsman ship and all of them insist the sword you made me before I left is the best one they've ever seen," he looked at her fondly as he sat in his chair and began dishing out food, "Speaking of food, where is Marl?" he asked Micha curiously, thinking the old innkeeper might still be around.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 7:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda smiled and looked at her feet at Brinley's mention of her smithing. "I'm sure there are plenty of good smiths out there. I work very hard on my craft. Most just don't give each individual piece the time and attention they need to." She walked over and took a seat at the table and glanced around nervously. It was odd... being nervous here in a house she frequented and around these people who she grew up with.

Micha looked over at Brinley's question abotu Marl. "He has been spending a lot of time mapping and charting the woods around for some project he is doing. Won't tell anyone what it is."

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 8:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley smiled, "Indeed. If you show this much care in your work, I would be surprised if you had grown up to show little care in everything other aspect of your life," he glanced at her and then looked away, smiling at his plate and then he looked at Micha, "Well, as long as he is happy! I would like to see him before I leave again."

Sygnet looked at her plate sadly. She didn't want her son to leave again but he had a duty, "Tell me of your greatest adventure so far, my son," she asked him.

Brinley grinned, "I had a run in with an enchantress a year back. She tried to kill my Captain and she failed in her attempts. She still lives but I'm afraid I have made an extemely powereful enemy in her. She has tried to enact her revenge on me several times in the past. These few weeks have been a hope of mine to throw her off my trail," he took a long sip from his drink.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 8:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda didn't or couldn't hide the concern on her face as Brinley related his encounter. Her eyes turned downwards at his last sentence, then. She tried to think of something to say but nothing seemed to come to mind. She looked over to Brinley. "So..." she paused and looked back to her food. "I'm sure you are tired." She smiled at took a bite. "I won't keep you all up too late tonight."

Micha looked over to Sygnet, catching the unusual awkwardness in Esmerelda and her demeanor as he took his seat at the table.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 10:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley couldn't help but blush slightly at her words, "That is most kind of you but after eight years apart, I doubt I could sleep unless I saw you as much as I could," he winked slightly and glanced at his mother, who smiled at her own plate.

Down below the flet crept a dark shadow. An enchantress that went by the name of Alyssen moved into the stables owned by Micha and Sygnet. There, lived the elven steed Vorn and Micah's Syndar with Brinley's large Warsteed and finally the pony named Auriela. Brinley, whom she hated so unjustly, had left his saddle with the other tack. She crept past the sleeping horses, careful not to stir them awake. Unstoppering a tiny bottle, she began to empty its contents into the canteen attached to Brinley's saddle. No doubt he would drink from it and succumb to the poison's effect. Once the deed was done, quicker than the blink of an eye, she was gone in a whirl of wind that swept through the stable, ruffling the horse's manes.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 10:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Well I.. uh," Esmerelda blushed herself a bit and gave a half nervous laugh. "I..." She looked up to him with a smile as her demeanor seemed to soften. "I would like that." She said finally, then turned back to her plate and took another bite of her mostly un-eaten food. "So long as it is no bother to any of you." she added, glancing to Sygnet and Micha.

"Of course not," Micha answered promptly. "I'm sure we will be up late ourselves whether you stay or not. You might as well join in."

Esmerelda smiled and gave a slight nod. "Thank you."

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 11:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley smiled at Emerelda as he finished up his supper. As everyone else finished as well, he began to help clean up the table and wash the dishes. Once this was completed, he turned to Esmerelda, "My lady, would you care to join me in a ride? I hear the trees of Lorien are...quite lovely at this time of evening," he smiled warmly at her.

Sygnet glanced at Micha, "We can finish up here, you both go have fun," she insisted.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda hesitated for just a moment. "I... I would like that." She smiled but inside she feared. It was hard letting herself get re-attached to him knowing he would just leave again in a short two weeks. She stood and walked around to the end of the table nearest the door. "I'm afraid I walked here on foot," she told him. "I'll have to go fetch my horse."

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 9:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley smiled at her and took her cloak from the rack. He gently lay it on her shoulders, allowing her to fasten it herself as he didn't want to be too imposing. He took his own off and swept it on, with a wave to his parents, he disappeared into the darkness with her.

Down on the ground at the stables, he saddled his warsteed, picking up the canteen and strapping it to a saddlebag, he pulled the reins over his steed's head and turned to her, "We can walk back together," he smiled kindly, at this current moment just wanting to spend time with her.

Little did he know was that the canteen had been poisoned, ready to do more than take the breath from his lungs.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 10:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda looked to her feet and hoped her cheeks didn't flush as Brinley put her cloak around her. "Thank you," she said softly. As she stepped out the door she bid farewel to Sygnet and Micha and thanked them for the meal and visit. She fastened her claok and made her way to the ground and waited patiently, yet nervously, for Brinley.

Esmerelda nodded at his words and began walking off towards her home. Her house had been constructed near a small creek on the outskirts of the main village. Although it was up in the tree in true elvish fashion it was much lower than most, only about thirteem feet off the ground. It was a small two room house with a flet nearly three times the size of the building. Out back was a stable and pen for her red, blacl and white appaloosa mare.

Eamerelda paused short of the stairs up to the flet. "Well," she motioned towards the place. "This is... home. For me, anyways."

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 10:24 pm 
Ent
Ent

"It's beautiful," he said breathlessly. He always admired elven architecture. Taking the canteen, he released the reins of his horse, who immediately went to greet her mare. He watched him go with a smile, knowing he wouldn't go far. He smiled at her, the light from the trees fell across the grass and the flet in a light blue glow. Looking upon her, he suddenly felt his mouth go dry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 77  Next