Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 12:04 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Marl sneered teasingly as Sygnet referred to them as "Young Children" at three hundred, then laughed to himself a bit.

Micha nodded with a soft laugh as she mentioned the bear. "I was going to say the same thing. They must not. What were you doing going out to find a bear anyways?" Micha paused and grinned orneryly. "The first time, that is."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 12:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet laughed at his little comment, "If you asked us back then, we would have probably said something along the lines of hunting a pack of orcs but now it seems we were hunting nothing more than our imaginations," she winked at Marl and smiled.

Brinley was watching her tell the story with rapt attention, wishing that he himself could have grown up as an elf with all of the memories and the friends...

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 12:45 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha smiled. "Well, at least it was a noble cause."

Esmerelda spoke once more at long last and mused, "It must be quite something to have lived for so long and still be in one's younger years of youth. I can't imagine." She seemed as though she could day dream. "I wish I were born into a family such as yours."

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 1:18 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet looked at her kindly, "Aye, it is quite nice to to age but then the years begin to muddle together and it becomes harder to remember certain memories. For instance, I can't remember anything that happened when I was 210 to 220. Nothing at all." She chuckled quietly, "As for my family, that is a complicated subject. My mother was killed when I was young. My father left Lorien when he ran off to Rivendell, taking me with him. I left Rivendell to be on my own and met my first husband who was also brutally murdered," she took a deep breath and continued, "My father didn't like me marrying a human and so he avoided speaking with me. I only reconnected with him recently after...a few hundred years of not seeing him. So my family is quite complicated. Sometimes I wish I didn't live as long as I did," she admitted to the table.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha looked at her with a sympathetic expression and Esmerelda with one of appology.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that," Esmerelda finally spoke.

Marl on the other hand just sat there listening and enjoying the conversation and tales of people's past.

"Family can often be a complicated thing," Micha chimed in.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 2:40 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley nodded solemnly at Micha's words. Sygnet patted him on the shoulder gently. At least she had both of her parents. He had none, "Well, my friends. When family is gone, at least you have adventures and hard work," she grinned.

Brinley took a sip of his water, drinking to her words and wisdom.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 6:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The evening grew later as conversation went on and Esmerelda seemed to grow more comfortable talking around the table. Micha enjoyed the scene, visiting with his old friend, listening to his lovely wife, and watching the youngsters.

Marl got another round of drinks as well as more food for everyone.

"So, Sygnet," Micha said as conversation came to a pause. "Would you mind sharing with us one of your most fond adventures? You have not talked much of yourself tonight."

"It would be nice to hear of some grand elven adventure," Esmerelda added.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 11:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet thought long and hard, "There was the time I met my wonderful husband here. That was quite an adventure. He saved me from a horrible bear attack. The great beast cut open my shoulder with his claws which led to infection and almost my death. It is not a grand story but I am fond of it all the same," she looked at her husband adoringly, taking his hand in hers.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 8:53 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha smiled and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Well, despite the... obstacles on that particular adventure, I would have to say it is one of my most cherished. I certainly got a better outcome from it than any others." He looked at Sygnet fondly. "Couldn't ask for anything more than my loving wife and best friend."

Marl chuckled at the two of them and Esmerelda seemed to look them over almost adoringly. "You guys make such a sweet couple," she said with a soft smile. "I wish my parents had been more like you two... and I wish I could find that someday."

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 3:06 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet kissed him on the cheek swiftly at his words and the turned to Esmerelda, "You will, my dear. It only took me four thousand years but it was indeed in my lifetime. You just have to be patient. Love can be found anywhere," her eyes flickered towards Brinley, who was mostly avoiding the conversation. She then smiled at the girl warmly.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 10:43 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"You never know... it might be closer than you think," Micha said, unable to resist the comment. He glanced at Sygnet with a sly smile.

Marl must have caught the look as he raised an eyebrow at the two of them and glanced back and forth between Brinley and Esmerelda. At this he cleared his throat. "Well, I'm sure you will find a fine man, Esmerelda. Remember, though, a good sword is always a good substitute." He jested. "But don't wait four hundred years, lass," he chuckled.

Esmerelda chuckled a bit, not catching the looks of the adults who eyed her and Brinley. "I hope you are all right... It's fine, I mean, being alone... sometimes. I don't mind it too much. It does get lonely from time to time."

"Well, you are never completely alone!" Marl insisted. "I've told you to come visit any time you want company."

Esmerelda smiled kindly at the old man. "Yes, you have been very kind since I've moved here, Marl."

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 2:55 pm 
Ent
Ent

"And if you're ever in Lorien, please come see me," Sygnet insisted.

Brinley was still staring at his plate and thus didn't notice the look between the adults. With a few sideways glances at Esmerelda, he nodded slightly in agreement with Sygnet.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 3:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Well, I have not done a lot of traveling, but I would love to see Lorien some day," Esmerelda said with a smile. The thought was very enticing. She glanced at Brinley, noticing his nod. She felt a little nervous sitting next to him all the sudden. She brushed a strand of hair out of her face and looked at her lap for a moment, then back to Sygnet. "Would there be work for a blacksmith in Lorien? Maybe I could learn from the elves there and improve my work."

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 4:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet's mouth split into a wide smile, "There is always work! The elves would love to train a young one such as yourself. One of my good friends runs the forges and I'm sure he would love an apprentice," she looked at Micha, "Couldn't we bring her home with us?" she asked hopefully.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 5:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha chuckled and shrugged. "Well, we have let Brinley accompany us I see no reason not to let Esmerelda if she wants to."

Esmerelda smiled and looked to Micha, then back to Sygnet. "I would love to go, even if only for a time."

"Well..." Marl said gruffly. "You better come back and visit!"

Esmerelda laughed. "I will, Marl."

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 6:02 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled, "You can stay with us until you wish to return home and in that case, we can take another small trip to Edoras and take you home," she smiled and looked to Micha, "We left Lothlorien last week with two of us and we shall return with six," she chuckled slightly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 77  Next